Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
dang wish i was on EU with all that population that actually insults people NA i rarely see it it seems :l but everytime i watch a eu stream its seems pretty common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

--Mission: Get 50k damage--
"oh hey this one's pretty easy"

*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*
*FODDER TIER*

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
50K isn't that bad. Just buy the Skorp G and rape pubbies. I freaking love that tank. I throw on +50% creds and 100K is guaranteed every match.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

More cruel mission ideas.
You need to get brothers in arms.
Do half of the enemy teams hp in damage (and win).
Get the first spot on 10 enemies in a single game and survive (and win).
Get 5 kills without ever being spotted.
Kill 20 spgs (while not in an spg) within 24 hours.
Get 10 draw games in the course of 24 hours.

Block triple your vehicles HP in damage in a light tank.
Get 25 base defense and 25 base capture points in the same match.
Travel over 3 kilometers in a battle and survive and win. X10.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Block triple your vehicles HP in damage in a light tank.
Get 25 base defense and 25 base capture points in the same match.
Travel over 3 kilometers in a battle and survive and win. X10.

The last one would actually be kinda cool, since you will only get it in a tense game with just a few players left. It basically means you will fight your way to the enemy cap, go back and stop cappers at your base and then wipe out the few final enemy tanks.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

L-Boned posted:

50K isn't that bad. Just buy the Skorp G and rape pubbies. I freaking love that tank. I throw on +50% creds and 100K is guaranteed every match.

Eh, it's kinda poo poo. If you're a good player and have a variety of good Tier 10 tanks, sure.

I still slum it mostly in T6-8 and probably only average my tanks HP worth of damage on a typical day, so this is pretty out of reach. The bottom tier MM full of TDs and damage farming/chai sniping is going to be through the roof. $2 to save my sanity (if I even buy the drat thing after this is over) is a small price to pay.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

L-Boned posted:

Not available on EU server because *reasons*. I have more than enough vehicles which are theoretically capable of making the mission as easy as breathing, but RNG and lovely MM just seems to have a field day in delaying the process and making it as miserable as possible.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

When my dumb project is over I will be able to generate 2 million credits an hour at the cost of my sanity. In all the time I've wasted grinding 20 more accounts who knows what useful things I could have accomplished instead.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cardiac posted:

The last one would actually be kinda cool, since you will only get it in a tense game with just a few players left. It basically means you will fight your way to the enemy cap, go back and stop cappers at your base and then wipe out the few final enemy tanks.

Reality: everyone starts driving in circles

Also some idiots just track traverse in place

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm sure the last mission will be get 10 top guns and win

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Azhais posted:

I'm sure the last mission will be get 10 top guns and win

Aka play your B2/KV-220

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Last mission will be open your wallet and give WG $2

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hes right!

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

When my dumb project is over I will be able to generate 2 million credits an hour at the cost of my sanity. In all the time I've wasted grinding 20 more accounts who knows what useful things I could have accomplished instead.

2 million for a single account? Or across all of them?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

New Tier 8 Premium Soviet Heavy Tank Tank Destroyer coming soon to Supertest; the T-103.

Armor's poo poo, but it's turreted. 258 pen / 307 gold with 440 average damage. 10.2s reload time, 0.36 dispersion, 2.3s aim time. 40km/h top speed, 380m view range.
For comparison: 50 less damage but 12 more standard pen vs the Skorpion G; slightly faster-firing but slightly worse handling.

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 22, 2017

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
where the new premium mediums at

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want a non-pref tier 8 china heavy. Thinking the 1-4's gun on a 112 turret and hull please and thank you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hremsfeld posted:

New Tier 8 Premium Soviet Heavy Tank Tank Destroyer coming soon to Supertest; the T-103.

Armor's poo poo, but it's turreted. 258 pen / 307 gold with 440 average damage. 10.2s reload time, 0.36 dispersion, 2.3s aim time. 40km/h top speed, 380m view range.
For comparison: 50 less damage but 12 more standard pen vs the Skorpion G; slightly faster-firing but slightly worse handling.

Well the SU-101 looks like even more of a piece of poo poo compared to that. Same gun but more accurate and faster firing, 1250 HP instead of 990, and a turret? gently caress off Wargaming. This thing gets 2.3s aim time, the SU-101 has 3.1s. Maybe the bloom values are horrible or the tank is a slug, but Christ that's an absurd amount of upside compared to the SU-101's higher top speed.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Dalaram posted:

2 million for a single account? Or across all of them?

2 Million is my moderate estimate for the single guy that kills all of the other guys, other guys on the winning team will hit maybe 200k an hour.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
50k damage, or pay $2.49 for a mission token, which would be roughly 20 minutes of work at the current federal minimum wage of $7.25 /hour.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

gently caress it, just drilled away for the 50k damage with the IS-2 and Löwe. Took longer than it should have but at least it's done, and I got an absolute shitload of credits with it.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hellsau posted:

Well the SU-101 looks like even more of a piece of poo poo compared to that. Same gun but more accurate and faster firing, 1250 HP instead of 990, and a turret? gently caress off Wargaming. This thing gets 2.3s aim time, the SU-101 has 3.1s. Maybe the bloom values are horrible or the tank is a slug, but Christ that's an absurd amount of upside compared to the SU-101's higher top speed.

Supposedly it's an early version of what became the SU-100Y, which explains the 130mm gun, so I'm pulling out of my rear end guessing that it'll have similar or worse values.

Hahahaha who am I kidding it's Wargaming it'll be a drag racer that doesn't lose any aim while on the move

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

gently caress it, just drilled away for the 50k damage with the IS-2 and Löwe. Took longer than it should have but at least it's done, and I got an absolute shitload of credits with it.

Yeah I'll probably pop a 50% credit boost and just FCM and KV-5 my way to victory.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I just committed my first intentional team kill, and it felt pretty drat good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Welcome, brother.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wow it took you almost a year. I think it took me about an hour before I came across someone too stupid to live.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Hail satan. Soon you'll start driving really high alpha tanks to better encourage your teammates.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

You have found the grail!

Now piss in it.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

1946 damage in my M-44. Why, God, why? :negative:

E: Also, even though this is the closest I've come to 2k in my M-44 it should be noted only 1 shot was overhead, the rest I got sick of playing in a city and having no shots so I drove around and direct fired at people at point blank range. So I'm really not getting any better at arty.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 23, 2017

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Tiger 2 progress was made. Thanks for the sage advice, though a lot of it I feel should really be common sense (trading, getting at least your HP out in damage, etc.) that I try to apply regularly but it's still good to hammer home. I noticed a huuuuge improvement after getting the upgraded turret and am doing even better with the short 105 despite hearing it's worse than the 88.

E: Also, even though this is the closest I've come to 2k in my M-44 it should be noted only 1 shot was overhead, the rest I got sick of playing in a city and having no shots so I drove around and direct fired at people at point blank range. So I'm really not getting any better at arty.

M44 is so much better than the M12, at least in my experience. I sucked for a long time with any arty until I got a feeling for each map. You need to know where to go to get good firing lines and that only really comes from experience (and changes with different artillery pieces with different arcs). Next, you gotta get inside the mind of the pubbie on how they will move. Then, you learn to abuse the gently caress out of that HEAT round. Do that while you can, AP rounds will be going away from arty soon too.

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 23, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Crazyeyes24 posted:

and am doing even better with the short 105 despite hearing it's worse than the 88.

i don't know where people originally got this idea but they've been wrong about it for years now. the short 105 is a huge upgrade for the KT and i'd prioritize it over the turret even

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I essentially held an entire flank with just an SU100Y doing nothing next to me, did my best to mop up when we were FIVE tanks up against a single Steyr WT. Found the Steyr, took him down to 200hp before he killed me, and then my remaining four teammates decided to hand him the win by being colossally incompetent.

They were, however, so colossally incompetent, that they managed to turn it into a draw. Our Pz38nA had fallen over on his side, and our M41 drove across the entire map, and then proceeded to fail to upright him in no less than THREE minutes.

Almost ran out of ammo once again.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

I thank god every day I am not that much of a shitter. And then I curse him for making people who are.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
shitters are half the reason this game is tolerable. if everyone was good, this game would be the worst

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I do this sometimes when in city maps like Westwind or whatever the gently caress it is where everyone fights over the hill. I pick a group and just roll down city streets and usually net myself three or four before my team mates bugger off and leave me behind

Prav posted:

i don't know where people originally got this idea but they've been wrong about it for years now. the short 105 is a huge upgrade for the KT and i'd prioritize it over the turret even

Well, that's just like the Derp on the KV-2. Yeah, it's fun as gently caress, but the Zis works better, faster, and more accurate. I get better kill rates with it than either of the other two guns, half the time because some pubbie doesn't know the difference between guns and thinks he has a 20 second reload to get me. The derp is just a gently caress around gun for those days you don't give a poo poo and want to ruin someone's day with HE

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 23, 2017

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The thing with the 107 on the KV-2 is that if you're going to use the 107 on the KV-2, then why the hell aren't you driving a T-150, which is a much better platform for that gun? Use the derp.

Using the 105 on the Tiger 2 is much more akin to using the 105 on the T29, and many of the same arguments apply, except the 88 has comparable pen to the 105.

Just use the 105, the slight increase in DPM (in both cases) isn't really significant in ordinary play, where tanks generally aren't just trading shots as fast as they can reload.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 23, 2017

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

I don't think the short 105 on the tiger 2 is even close to being analogous to the derp on the KV2... You sacrifice a few extra seconds on reload, a marginal decrease in accuracy, and a negligible loss of (standard) pen for 80 more alpha. Obviously the long 105 is straight up better, but the short offers similar performance to the 88, but without the need to spend as much face time with the enemy to deal the same damage.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What is the strat for winning with this team composition on Westfield, starting from north:

Enemy team: 5 tier VIII heavies, 2 tier VII heavies.
My team: 2 tier VI heavies.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

What is the strat for winning with this team composition on Westfield, starting from north:

Enemy team: 5 tier VIII heavies, 2 tier VII heavies.
My team: 2 tier VI heavies.

Abandon the hills, use the city north of spawn to spot them as they push spawn, use the bushes on the east to hide your tds. That is a huge open slope they have to push down. Also win the south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
well when a defender or if the enemy out numbers you in defenders then you lose its like having a br or cabra guy on your team unless you manage to cap