Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

hit button posted:

MRobin Caeda Hinoka Hector looks a decent comp to me. The Caeda/Hinoka synergy is too good to ignore since you have them both at 5, and MRobin is a really decent solution to the archers who'd threaten them.

Kagero is also tempting, but that would leave you with nobody who hits res, which I think is inadvisable.

Getting Reposition on your fliers, Draw Back on Robin and Pivot on Hector will really help with his maneuverability, and give you lots of nice options for hit and runs. It does look like you're a bit short on units to donate those skills at the moment though.

Thanks. Did end up going up to 5* on MRobin, and this week have been basically playing that but with Anna in place of Hector on offense.
Seems to work pretty OK except:
1) Klein actually seems like trouble, much more so than Takumi (since brave bow makes baiting him far riskier), but maybe I need to finish getting MRobin to 40 again first.
2) Julia (and I would also presume Nino, but she seems to not show up quite as much).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The answer to all those problems is basically Hector.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't understand how to use Anna. She keeps exploding before she can even reach anyone
Anna needs HP control. Put Ardent Sacrifice on her (non-healer healing is pretty good too) and then bait people into Vantage. I know Fury is a highly-used skill, but she uses it better than anyone because it gets her BST to Hector-levels, she needs the stat boosts as a neutral unit and the "drawback" she actually benefits from because she needs to be at low health. Once her health is in Naotun-levels, you can warp in front of people from across the map and take their face off (kinda like Hector's Wings of Mercy trick).

Accurate.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Anna needs HP control. Put Ardent Sacrifice on her (non-healer healing is pretty good too) and then bait people into Vantage. I know Fury is a highly-used skill, but she uses it better than anyone because it gets her BST to Hector-levels, she needs the stat boosts as a neutral unit and the "drawback" she actually benefits from because she needs to be at low health. Once her health is in Naotun-levels, you can warp in front of people from across the map and take their face off (kinda like Hector's Wings of Mercy trick).

Accurate.

Fury is poo poo right now. Don't use it in the arena, take it off all the units you've given it to; all it does is get you matched against teams of 40+ units with inheritable skills that aren't fury. You lose those match-ups because the whale doesn't need to take damage for his stat advantage.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Pretty much the opposite of my experience.

The worst I run into is the occasional Lucina+10 with vantage/distant counter. Everything else has been pretty normal. I mean yeah I run into +10 stuff that I have to double check math but nothing unwinnable.

What's your total stat number with fury?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

Pretty much the opposite of my experience.

The worst I run into is the occasional Lucina+10 with vantage/distant counter. Everything else has been pretty normal. I mean yeah I run into +10 stuff that I have to double check math but nothing unwinnable.

What's your total stat number with fury?

With Fury Anna (186)/Effie (183)/YTiki (178)/Sharena (177) I was running into nothing but Eirika/Ephraim/Blade User/Dancer, all either +10 or ~+5 with fury.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

If I've done the math right its 690, Anna(fury 3)/Lucina/Linde(fury 2)/Ninian. Cheetah's experience mirrors my own. I ran into a team where the lowest speed was the +1 Azura with 36. Matchmaking is hosed right now.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm running 693. Just to be clear I meant my experience is the opposite in that I never lose because of fury. Nino still doubles pretty much everything. Ryoma still kills all the Takumi+Xs or Ninos I run into and pretty much can finish off any red lord as long as swordbreaker stays home. Nobody seems to be replacing close counter on their Takumi so he's basically chump change. The dancer is whatever, it's usually Azura in my experience so Nino kills her regardless of +X. I see a lot of Effies which Nino just eats once again. Thankfully nobody is placing distant counter on their Effies yet. Hector is food for Eirika/Ryoma.

The wildcard is always the sword lord. If it's that Lucina build I spoke of, I tend to die because I haven't decided on what to use my swordbreaker on yet. The same would happen if someone put distant counter on Effie though. Sometimes I run into Eldigan or Ryoma and they're pretty straight forward things. I'll probably put desparation on Nino if I really start to see more Ryomas but until then I just tank a hit with Ninian and that's it.

I just what I'm getting at is... run Nino.

Or maybe it's just Anna, idk. I've never given Anna much of a serious look.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I'm running 693. Just to be clear I meant my experience is the opposite in that I never lose because of fury. Nino still doubles pretty much everything. Ryoma still kills all the Takumi+Xs or Ninos I run into and pretty much can finish off any red lord as long as swordbreaker stays home. Nobody seems to be replacing close counter on their Takumi so he's basically chump change. The dancer is whatever, it's usually Azura in my experience so Nino kills her regardless of +X. I see a lot of Effies which Nino just eats once again. Thankfully nobody is placing distant counter on their Effies yet. Hector is food for Eirika/Ryoma.

The wildcard is always the sword lord. If it's that Lucina build I spoke of, I tend to die because I haven't decided on what to use my swordbreaker on yet. The same would happen if someone put distant counter on Effie though. Sometimes I run into Eldigan or Ryoma and they're pretty straight forward things. I'll probably put desparation on Nino if I really start to see more Ryomas but until then I just tank a hit with Ninian and that's it.

Or maybe it's just Anna, idk. I've never given Anna much of a serious look.

Eirika +10, Nino +10 (Fury 3), Linde +8, Azura +1. That ended my last unsuccessful arena run. Median speed north of 40. I'd be happy if they removed vantage and the blade tomes, though even without buffs the 56 attack 44 speed desperation Nino was gonna cost a unit to deal with. I don't lose because of fury, I lose when I run into teams that have their raw stats from whale bait +s and in addition have inherited skills. Nino can die in a fire, that unit's the game's biggest balance mistake.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 22, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

I have yet to pull any of the three -blade users.

That said I'm not sure surprised a team much better than mine can win against the whale teams but it is kind of lovely that non-whales can be paired against whales just by putting fury on one character

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I guess I don't mind vantage or the blade tomes cause weapon triangle can still do a real number on them. I don't like running colorless anymore because they don't always save you from these real niche whale situations since they lack color advantage. That said I did love me some Klein action cause brave bow does eat some of these lovely glass cannon mage builds that people love.

Match making is definitely p bad though. I am hoping merges just get pushed into their own match maker but I am not hopeful.

If I could delete a skill it would be fury personally.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Im dreaming of a Triangle Adept 4 squad with nothing but Gem weapons and Kagero if i ever wanted to fight whales. Luckily my 5 star heroes are all pretty low stat wise aside from Minerva(who is pretty insane)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Outside of Vantage-users, I think Fury's going to become a pretty average skill come the April update. I'm glad I decided to put Darting Blow on my Nino.

stratego
May 6, 2007

How bad is Rebecca because I just got this-https://imgur.com/gallery/s7iVa

Ugh phone postin'

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I guess I don't mind vantage or the blade tomes cause weapon triangle can still do a real number on them. I don't like running colorless anymore because they don't always save you from these real niche whale situations since they lack color advantage. That said I did love me some Klein action cause brave bow does eat some of these lovely glass cannon mage builds that people love.

Match making is definitely p bad though. I am hoping merges just get pushed into their own match maker but I am not hopeful.

If I could delete a skill it would be fury personally.

They're planning to entirely redo the matchmaking next month, so that's nice. Hopefully, things will be better.

But yeah. It's hosed right now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

I have yet to pull any of the three -blade users.

That said I'm not sure surprised a team much better than mine can win against the whale teams but it is kind of lovely that non-whales can be paired against whales just by putting fury on one character

It's great that non-whales and whales can compete at the same level.

Complaining that the fights are too hard when you manipulate the matchmaking system to get harder fights is insane to me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'd love to be able to delete skills and recover some of the wasted sp.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if anyone wants a good blue unit that can't even be damaged by any sword lord, may I suggest Subaki?

Seriously, I don't know why he's so strong but he's pretty mvp.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My new Arena bane is Tharja+Nino. There's no real way to break them apart without leaving someone in danger. Tharja's fast enough to kill RobinM, and Nino walks over everything else unless I swap in someone like Roy. Honestly Tharja's kind of a pain in general - at least Nino can be 1-shot by Hector most of the time.

Swapped in Subaki lately and it's been going a lot smoother. Quick Riposte + Moonbow is really nice.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

A daim user could burst down tharja from out of range and then dance rush another dude up for nino?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So any thoughts on good A slot skills to put on Eirika and B slot skills to put on Camila and Lucina?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

if anyone wants a good blue unit that can't even be damaged by any sword lord, may I suggest Subaki?

Seriously, I don't know why he's so strong but he's pretty mvp.

Sapphire weapon and massive defense does that for you. It's the reason why the 3* Lunatic Youtube guy leans on him so much.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

ApplesandOranges posted:

My new Arena bane is Tharja+Nino. There's no real way to break them apart without leaving someone in danger. Tharja's fast enough to kill RobinM, and Nino walks over everything else unless I swap in someone like Roy. Honestly Tharja's kind of a pain in general - at least Nino can be 1-shot by Hector most of the time.

Swapped in Subaki lately and it's been going a lot smoother. Quick Riposte + Moonbow is really nice.

Have Robin-M eat a triangle adept character and Tharja's done for.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also I'm thinking of running a Ryoma/Robin-M/Nino core.

Would it be most beneficial for me to equip Robin-M with Triangle Adept/Blue Tomebreaker/Hone Attack, Ryoma with Fury/Vantage/Hone Speed and Nino with Fury/Vantage/Hone attack?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Would it be most beneficial for me to equip Robin-M with Triangle Adept/Blue Tomebreaker/Hone Attack, Ryoma with Fury/Vantage/Hone Speed and Nino with Fury/Vantage/Hone attack?

Desperation is way better than Vantage on Nino

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Desperation is way better than Vantage on Nino

Don't have a source of that yet, but I'll bear it in mind.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah it's fine. Robin still won't one shot most default Takumis without Nino buffing Robin and even then it is real close so watch out for that.

The vantage doesn't help very often so if you are strapped for SP you can lower the priority. Seems to get you a lot of defense wins though! Try to get a 3 turn special on Ryoma, it's very helpful. Less so on Nino since she slows down the special by one turn.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Rascyc posted:

Yeah it's fine. Robin still won't one shot most default Takumis without Nino buffing Robin and even then it is real close so watch out for that.

The vantage doesn't help very often so if you are strapped for SP you can lower the priority. Seems to get you a lot of defense wins though! Try to get a 3 turn special on Ryoma, it's very helpful. Less so on Nino since she slows down the special by one turn.

I have a hundred copies of Odin. 3 turn specials are not a problem.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Blue Tomebreaker on mrobin seems of limited use if you're running him on a team with Nino. Maybe bowbreaker instead to let him more reliably one round takumis?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh I'm dumb and misread and thought that was sword breaker actually. I run sword breaker on my Robin. I kill Takumis much more with Ryoma more than Robin.

Yeah don't do blue tomebreaker in that core.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Rascyc posted:

Oh I'm dumb and misread and thought that was sword breaker actually. I run sword breaker on my Robin. I kill Takumis much more with Ryoma more than Robin.

Yeah don't do blue tomebreaker in that core.

I'm not sure what goes on the B slot then. Swordbreaker is pointless since Robin-M triangle adept takes 0 damage from red melee. I have B tomebreaker to deal with Linde, but you're right in that Nino just deals with it.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

My Nino has +SPD, -RES. Pretty sure I'm giving her Moonbow, since I have a bunch of *3 Odins and a *4 Palla, but I'm not sure what else put on her. Desperation seems like a good idea, but do I also want Ardent Sacrifice to put her in Desperation range? Other team members would be Azura and Ursula with Blárblade, not sure about the fourth one yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Brave Lance (not + yet) on Ephraim is a big success.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Retcon posted:

My Nino has +SPD, -RES. Pretty sure I'm giving her Moonbow, since I have a bunch of *3 Odins and a *4 Palla, but I'm not sure what else put on her. Desperation seems like a good idea, but do I also want Ardent Sacrifice to put her in Desperation range? Other team members would be Azura and Ursula with Blárblade, not sure about the fourth one yet.

Moonbow, fury, desperation. If you somehow still have points to spend after that, maybe a hone for your supporting units.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm not sure what goes on the B slot then. Swordbreaker is pointless since Robin-M triangle adept takes 0 damage from red melee. I have B tomebreaker to deal with Linde, but you're right in that Nino just deals with it.
Sword breaker lets him actually OHKO reds. The triangle adept isn't quite enough cause his speed is so bad.

You could try triangle adept and quick riposte though if you don't care about swordbreaker. QR would let him kill Takumi at the start and then you can play normally and reserve Ryoma's HP for something else. You still won't ohko reds but that's up to your play style.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I seem to be the only one who likes Swordbreaker on mine.

If your Robin is not +Atk, Bowbreaker or Daggerbreaker allows him to bait and kill Takumi/Kagero (he leaves them with ~3 HP otherwise). Or gimmick (?) answer, Quick Riposte so you can kill both.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Don't suppose anyone here has leveled up a Michalis and seen if his stats are good? Mines at 33 now, and so far he has 39 attack (so is likely to end with over 40 attack with a silver axe, which makes me wonder if a 5* with Hautclere will surpass 50) 22 speed, 28 def (so is going to be a fairly sturdy flier it seems) and 14 Res. So far, looks like a kinda slow guy who can hit hard, and take a reasonable amount of (physical) punishment.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Don't suppose anyone here has leveled up a Michalis and seen if his stats are good? Mines at 33 now, and so far he has 39 attack (so is likely to end with over 40 attack with a silver axe, which makes me wonder if a 5* with Hautclere will surpass 50) 22 speed, 28 def (so is going to be a fairly sturdy flier it seems) and 14 Res. So far, looks like a kinda slow guy who can hit hard, and take a reasonable amount of (physical) punishment.

http://feheroes.wiki/Michalis

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
The stats on his wiki page are accurate. If he's attack neutral or + he should land at 50-51 with Hautclere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Was thinking of promoting Olivia to 5* and giving her Ruby sword and Fury2 from Hinata. Any other suggestions?