Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

That whips

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
People only thought Chris Weidman was good because fatherdog was geographically biased

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I thought he was good because he demolished Anderson, who I thought was invincible.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Some people when a fighter beats a fighter they like they think the new fighter is good. But I know that actually the new fighter is bad. I call this the "Buster Douglas Theory".

outy
Aug 27, 2004

If you were unlucky enough to miss Marc Diakiese vs Teemu Packalen at the weekend:

https://oddshot.tv/s/QDtlAd

And I came across a 2 post thread on Reddit that made me laugh:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Novum posted:

I thought he was good because he demolished Anderson, who I thought was invincible.

Same

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
UFC March - Sensational performance from the negro

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Nierbo posted:

UFC April - Sensational performance from the negro

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

outy posted:

If you were unlucky enough to miss Marc Diakiese vs Teemu Packalen at the weekend:

Oh my God.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

outy posted:

ffffffuck. the jungle movements hypnotized that internet poster into forgetting the last 40 years of race relations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
:hellyeah:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

ffffffuck. the jungle movements hypnotized that internet poster into forgetting the last 40 years of race relations.

that's one of the fighters

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

outy posted:

That's cool and reminds me of people on this web site saying it's ok for Fedor to call Randleman "the negro"

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

that's one of the fighters

Negus82 is a fighter?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That's cool and reminds me of people on this web site saying it's ok for Fedor to call Randleman "the negro"

was it the fedor thread op?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

cis autodrag posted:

Negus82 is a fighter?

He's a troll
http://imgur.com/a/ZsqDl

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Seems to be a racist troll

edit: which is basically the same as a racist

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 21, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ok, inri just misread my post then. i am glad i did not misuse the time treasured jungle movements meme.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

It reminds me of right now, when everyone thinks it's ok to say as long as they think they're being funny.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

Negus82 is a fighter?

:mrgw:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Work Friend Keven posted:

It reminds me of right now, when everyone thinks it's ok to say as long as they think they're being funny.

you are the best at what you do

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Weidman was always a top prospect and my pick for a while to dethrone anderson, fatherdog used to cite his injury history as something that could potentially derail a long career.

I dont think anyone expected Romero and Jacare to improve deep into their 30s let alone rockhold to improve dramatically until he got bispinged.

MW is a cool division and weidman is still good in it. His fight with Machida is an all time great and i think he'll handle mousasi pretty handily tbh.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

-Atom- posted:

People only thought Chris Weidman was good because fatherdog was geographically biased

Weidman when fresh looks insanely good and his skillset is great. Now there are many fighters who are one round (or three minutes in Vitor's case) wonders, but Chris doesn't instantly turn to poo poo once he's past his first wind. He's entertaining even when he doesn't win, too, aside from the Maia fight which he came in on gently caress all notice for. There are reasons to like him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the Sea Level Cain is a popular dish but may I also suggest the Fresh Weidman

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The sickest part of this is you can see Dariush jabbing and shooting from further out each time due to the leg kicks, which ends up giving Barboza all the time he needs.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowman_McK posted:

The sickest part of this is you can see Dariush jabbing and shooting from further out each time due to the leg kicks, which ends up giving Barboza all the time he needs.

The takedown attempt right before the last one he's right inside of clinching range. The first and last one are definitely far out but to say "he was shooting further and further out" is incorrect.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

The takedown attempt right before the last one he's right inside of clinching range. The first and last one are definitely far out but to say "he was shooting further and further out" is incorrect.

You may be right. He definitely gets less willing to commit that outside leg to the takedown.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Neurosis posted:

Weidman when fresh looks insanely good and his skillset is great. Now there are many fighters who are one round (or three minutes in Vitor's case) wonders, but Chris doesn't instantly turn to poo poo once he's past his first wind. He's entertaining even when he doesn't win, too, aside from the Maia fight which he came in on gently caress all notice for. There are reasons to like him.

Weidman's record also show him as unbeaten until December 2015, with his last fight before that being his win over Vitor in May of 2015. I wonder what changed between may and December of 2015???

Also the eyeball test doesn't lie, look at pics of him before and after those dates.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dogbrisket posted:

the eyeball test doesn't lie

Explain Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia and Ben Rothwell

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Have you seen the size of those guys? It's difficult to be athletic and that big.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

not all steroid users are beefcakes, but all beefcakes are steroids users.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
has someone who everyone thought was on steroids eventually turned out to not be on steroids? cyborg, overeem, brock, palhares, lombard, yoel, etc. etc.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
wanderlei, vitor, kevin casey, lavar johnson, chael, bonnar when he got ripped suddenly, uhh i think marquardt popped when he was really jacked,

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

has someone who everyone thought was on steroids eventually turned out to not be on steroids? cyborg, overeem, brock, palhares, lombard, yoel, etc. etc.

Romero was clean and pretend I posted a list of every fighter who hasn't tested positive as a counterpoint to your very bad post about physique.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Romero was clean and pretend I posted a list of every fighter who hasn't tested positive as a counterpoint to your very bad post about physique.

Romero wasn't clean, he just wasn't intentionally dirty (or made a convincing case to that effect).

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

big money big clit posted:

Romero wasn't clean, he just wasn't intentionally dirty (or made a convincing case to that effect).

His heart and character are clean as is fitting of a soldier of God.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Romero was clean

Somehow this is actually true as relates to drugs; it certainly isn't true in any other aspect of Yoel's entire loving career. He was being penalised for stalling back when he was wrestling for Cuba for fucks' sake.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Ok, I'll give you those, but Weidman's decline in fight performance and appearance and the implementation of the new USADA testing regime isn't coincidental. While it would be helpful to have more than 2 fights post-USADA to judge by you've also gotta admit Chris looks deflated now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Tezcatlipoca posted:

it seems like all the guys someone says is probably taking steroids due to unreal muscles or suddenly becoming large men turn out to take steroids, i'd be actually interested to see how many examples to the contrary there are

• Locked thread