Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
linustechtips settled on https://www.epiphan.com/ for their live show after trying blackmagic and a bunch of other, they are also stupid so take it with a grain of salt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Smythe posted:

ne1 got a YOSPOS reccy on a little box that can ingest video from a few sources and dump it into the inside of my computer for compositing in OBS?

my budget is Not Good

Wirecast Studio, and multiple USB capture cards. Quality sucks on everything that isn't uncompressed capture (most knock your stuff down 4:2:0 blaze it mp4s!!!!)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Thank you OP, Perplx, and Spankmeister.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Perplx posted:

linustechtips settled on https://www.epiphan.com/ for their live show after trying blackmagic and a bunch of other, they are also stupid so take it with a grain of salt

to give you an idea of how stupid they can be, their production file server was a bunch of cheapo ssds in 3 raid-5 arrays that they soft-raided together in raid 0 mode. and then one of the raid cards died. and they had no backups. here is the video where they attempt data recovery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrnXgAmK8k

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

linusstocktips

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mr.Radar posted:

to give you an idea of how stupid they can be, their production file server was a bunch of cheapo ssds in 3 raid-5 arrays that they soft-raided together in raid 0 mode. and then one of the raid cards died. and they had no backups. here is the video where they attempt data recovery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrnXgAmK8k

linus looks totally loving insufferable, i would not want to hang out with or be associated with him in any way at all

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They are on a mission to make increasingly worse and worse thumbnails (but not the kind where you think they're gonna gently caress) actually. Its admirable in that regard

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
the startech pexhdcap/pexhdcap2 is p good if you want to capture 240p sources.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

its not 240P its an invalid NTSC signal

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pagancow posted:

its not 240P its an invalid NTSC signal

did you just tell me to go gently caress myself?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

NTSC cycles at 59.94 hz.

Double Strike mode from old consoles do not cycle at that frequency, hence not NTSC.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

as a codec warrior i...

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

pagancow posted:

as a codec warrior i...

shoot anomorphic for family videos

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

for the yvcpos man who likes he pixels extra crispy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDiHgKil8AQ

pagancow fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 21, 2017

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

just found this thread, it's inspiring that a person can take several years off and come back gimmickposting as strong as ever

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pagancow posted:

for the yvcpos man who likes he pixels extra crispy.

https://youtu.be/QDiHgKil8AQ

lol if you dont just play on an emulator and render n64 games in hd

it owns that dolphin was emulating wii games better than the wii was playing them native when they were both relevant

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I shoot my youtub videos exclusively in 420p69

3D :eyepop:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bloody posted:

it owns that dolphin was emulating wii games better than the wii was playing them native when they were both relevant

n64 antialiasing

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bloody posted:

you can drop in the pcsx2 graphics dll into one of the psx emulators and play ffvii at 1080p. all the 3d stuff looks like its turbo phong shaded but the sprites are the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h4jtuOqhf0

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

n64 antialiasing

that guy is straight out of a far side comic

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bloody posted:

I played N64 games at 1600x1200 with 2x AA with Voodoo3000 card back in the day when N64's were out for about a year or so. Glide was :cool:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i want that boy jailed immediately

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
"deconvolution" aka ... sharpening?!?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

pagancow posted:

so this is what a life full of disappointment is like

i found an acer B276HUL at work and bought it for $25 and i'm gonna replace my old ultrasharp U2312HM with it

nothing color critical gets finished on the thinkpad, anyway. i borrowed a calibrator from school so i could tighten up the graphics on my desktop computer

but right now i'm out in the field

determining properties of highway guide star [periodic strobe] by Devin Wilson, on Flickr

that camera's a Dage-MTI SIT-66X low-light laboratory camera, which is perfectly usable outdoors at night as it's C-mount

to record it i just attach either a miniDV or a Digital8 camera to it since that's what I have. only one MiniDV tape though. i wonder if trying to record digital8 video to a video8 tape would go badly

https://fat.gfycat.com/SandyFickleJackal.webm

the photo up there is a 30s exposure at f/5.6 and iso 800
the video frames (fields) are 1/30s at f/1.8 (IIRC? can't remember if I stopped it down)

this may put it at ~iso 51200 at whatever i had the video gain and image intensification set to

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

afaik it's all the same tape, should record digital8 just fine assuming there's nothing wrong with it otherwise

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

josh04 posted:

afaik it's all the same tape, should record digital8 just fine assuming there's nothing wrong with it otherwise

i know hi8 and digital8 are the same, but i'm not so sure about video8

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Tape noise is the worst kind of noise to have.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

like srs, rent an a7s ii and then get paid

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

pagancow posted:

Tape noise is the worst kind of noise to have.

Between the thermal noise from cranking the vidicon gain and shot noise from setting the intensifier voltage as high as it'll go, the tape noise is the least of my worries

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I can't use the camera in daylight without either a neutral density or infrared filter on, it just shuts off and blinks the overload LED at me.

When I do put a filter on, there's a constant white spot in the lower middle of the image because of the fiber optic faceplate on the tube

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

please explain highway guide light

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Bulgakov posted:

yeah i was wondering if that was a Welcome to Night Vale reference

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

i took a picture of me taking a video of a strobe beacon on a tower that's visible for 50 miles and lights up the landscape around it

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Yeah but electronic noise is ugly.

Anyway you should be scrubbing it from all your blacks because you can see it in HDR

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Always crush the blacks

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

my camera can resolve the corona discharge off the insulators of a 120kv power line

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

my camera can resolve the corona discharge off the insulators of a 120kv power line

:flashfap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

dis morning i woke up to a very special announcement from mickey mouse

http://deadline.com/2017/03/disney-bob-iger-contract-extension-star-wars-1202050257/

FUKKKKKKKKKK LETS GET STARTED WITH THIS poo poo

• Locked thread