Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My problem with following Macys, Javes, or Aaron is that I don't even follow them. I go find my own kills and land a good 2 bullets before someone flies by and takes the kill. It's almost impressive how once they get a rhythm going the team becomes this swarm of jumping piranhas that just go from A to C to A to C killing everything in their path. And I'm like 4 seconds behind looking for scraps.

Use an SMG. You run faster.

Seriously though, my experience in CoD is that there's basically two strategies to get kills; you run and gun and rely on your skills and ping to keep you alive, or you patrol a high traffic/strategically important area, and wait for them to come to you/kick the hornet's nest to attract revenge killers.

The latter method relies on you having preternatural ability to predict enemy spawn movements... like yours truly. :wink:

I never needed a motion tracker, the motion tracker was inside me all along.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sorry i didnt play the other night when you sent me an invite macys, i had to delete blops 3 to make room for other stuff at some point. i got a new hard drive and have redownloaded it so i might come back to cod if everyone is jumping back to blops 3 again now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

advice for new blops 3 players/people who want to get better:

make a duplicate with a VMP instead of the brecci but never use it

thats all u ever need, you're welcome

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Overkill and a stock VMP for a secondary also works.

Don't worry about not accepting invites, there's a lot of new games this year worth getting.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Overkill and a stock VMP for a secondary also works.

Don't worry about not accepting invites, there's a lot of new games this year worth getting.

most of the time its because im playing LoL on pc though so its def not a problem of me playing something more worthy of my time :v:

edit: also it has to be dual lcars for the 9/11 BUSH first place pose

Stux fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 23, 2017

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
pffft, you plebs play call of duty with guns?

http://xboxclips.com/sba/cb85c57f-ee94-4a55-a1b1-446616187440

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Ha! Whoever was making GBS threads on blue boxes, I pulled a Skullcrusher out of the daily double :p

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

That was probably Macys.

Ive been working on the D13 Sector again. Only 27 more survivor medals and one more bloodthirsty to go. Kill me now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The DBSR-50 is trash. The OHK zone is maybe half the size of the RZA's, and working the bolt every two rounds really fucks follow-up shots.

Starting with irons and then the Red Dot is a straight hate gently caress. No Ballistic CPU either.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

bear is driving! posted:

Andromeda is pretty good. I'm having fun with it so far.
Yeah, it's just as Mass Effect-y as ever and MP is even more fun with ~*verticality*~ and CoD-like jump and dodge. Like to play MP with some codbros if you have it.

e: I've even been using my Scuf to play since jump and slide are the same buttons as CoD, owns

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 23, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bought a Switch when is Call of Duty coming out for it?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bought a Switch when is Call of Duty coming out for it?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MWR has double XP this weekend. It might be worth playing for a bit.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

While trying to collude with goonspiricist this morning on survivor medals and my final bloodthirsty, I actually got the bloodthirsty legitimately. We then proceeded to cheese out the 26 survivor medals I needed for the d13 sector. God drat that weapon sucked.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

housefly posted:

While trying to collude with goonspiricist this morning on survivor medals and my final bloodthirsty, I actually got the bloodthirsty legitimately. We then proceeded to cheese out the 26 survivor medals I needed for the d13 sector. God drat that weapon sucked.

the ballistic knife is the same challenges :(

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

sba posted:

the ballistic knife is the same challenges :(

I don't have it so it's no worry for me!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

:laugh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No way.

Also the Splatoon 2 beta hour is at 11pm EST

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Cool, now I can focus all my time playing Destiny 2 and not CoD 2017 :smuggo:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Javes posted:

Cool, now I can focus all my time playing Destiny 2 and not CoD 2017 :smuggo:

You'd better pray that Bungie can convince Activision to invest the piles of money that game will make into better netcode. Destiny has 10 Hz tickrate on exclusively P2P, with SSBM thrown in to make connections even worse. gently caress, CoD4 was better.

Surprised they went for WW2 instead of a Modern Warfare reboot. Here's my thread title suggestion for WW2 CoD because lol Sledgehammer

CoD 2017: "I can't believe we're playing BO3 for a 3rd year"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Just make the story about Audie Murphy, and I'll buy it for the single player, if nothing else.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Godzilla07 posted:

CoD 2017: "I can't believe we're playing BO3 for a 3rd year"

Good, I'll have time to hit master prestige again. (revotfel)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i hope the supply drop guy is hitler's dog

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah theres no way im buying a ww2 cod in 2017, what are they thinking

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
"god damnit another duplicate of the mussolini camo"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hitler DLC when?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'd like a WWII CoD that had setting which aren't done to death. USSR vs Finland, Australia & British colonies vs Japan in Southeast Asia, the American campaign in Italy, that brief war between the USSR and Japan in Manchuria... there's a lot of interesting and relatively untouched aspects of WWII, but if it's just Stalingrad/Tunisia/Normandy/Ardennes again they can go gently caress themselves.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

How about a Korean War CoD? Are there any Korean War games?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Only in goon blops 3 games do I go 25-1 and finish 3rd place.

If it's WW2 then all I want to do is get my calling card for punching nazis.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

If they really must take away the new movement stuff could they do everyone a solid and go back to designing maps that aren't all symmetrical 3-lanes?

The maps in these last few CoDs feel like they were designed to cater specifically to a CoD esports/tournament crowd that, to my knowledge, doesn't actually exist because this series is certainly not meant for that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

How about a Korean War CoD? Are there any Korean War games?

Only Police Actions™.

Seriously, there's a reason it's called the Forgotten War.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Competitive COD is a joke because the game needs to be built for it. You can't just shoehorn it in. Plus the laughable netcode.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Competitive COD is a joke because the game needs to be built for it.

Yeah, just look at how many things need to be banned by a bunch of teenage crybabies. :haw: But they're totally pros, you guys!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
So what does that mean for Treyarch in 2019? Would they do Blops 4 with jump jets and wall running while IW (assuming) simultaneously releases Modern Warfare 2 Remastered?

COD: WWII is a bad title but I do like the idea of returning to that era. I also wonder how much of this is a reaction to Infinite Warfare's sales or reception or even a reaction to Battlefield 1's popularity. There's no way they could have scrapped Advanced Warfare 2 just 5 or 6 months ago and started work on WWII.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 25, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

There's no way they could have scrapped Advanced Warfare 2 just 5 or 6 months ago and started work on WWII.

Why not? General rumor is that Ghosts 2 was scrapped after the first year of development had begun for IW instead.
Consider how many similar bugs IW has/had at launch that were patched out of BLOPS 3.
It's highly likely Infinity Ward was given a second year build of Trey's game to make sure they could hit release on time.
And if Kotick did it once, he'll do it again. CEO bonuses are at stake here!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

Why not? General rumor is that Ghosts 2 was scrapped after the first year of development had begun for IW instead.
Consider how many similar bugs IW has/had at launch that were patched out of BLOPS 3.
It's highly likely Infinity Ward was given a second year build of Trey's game to make sure they could hit release on time.
And if Kotick did it once, he'll do it again. CEO bonuses are at stake here!

That still gave Infinity Ward a regular 2 year dev cycle, unless I'm misunderstanding. Scrapping AW2 back in November gives them only a year to begin and finish production on a new game that they would have no assets for, assuming they wouldn't use any of the old W@W or COD2 assets. That just seems like an insane dev cycle for a big budget game like this. :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, I see what you're saying, yeah. I forgot Sledge was next in line. :downs:

I wouldn't bet against EA doing it after two years out of three though...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Call of Duty's in a really weird place, like if this leak turns out to be true expect another huge division between the playerbase between people who like the future movement and see WWII as an admission that they've officially run out of ideas vs. people who hate the newer games and desperately want a return to older CoD gameplay, even if it means going back to WWII/modern era.

I can't actually think of a setting that wouldn't piss off half the community for one reason or another.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I would honestly rather see Treyarch come back and have another shot at the WWII era rather than Sledgehammer making another game period but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Call of Duty's in a really weird place, like if this leak turns out to be true expect another huge division between the playerbase between people who like the future movement and see WWII as an admission that they've officially run out of ideas vs. people who hate the newer games and desperately want a return to older CoD gameplay, even if it means going back to WWII/modern era.

I can't actually think of a setting that wouldn't piss off half the community for one reason or another.

So what you're saying is, they should start releasing two Call of Duty games each year, to address the market split? :haw:

• Locked thread