Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Max posted:

To me it's likely Kash or less likely Jedit. Not sure if Kash would have hoped we'd just all agree to a no-lunch or what. I really don't think it's Jimson.

I'm busy today at work so I won't have time to really dive into this until later tonight.

I'll bite. What's your reasoning for thinking I'm scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
:ghost: sorry RF :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Lynch No One! (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (4): Jedit, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, Max

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 23rd, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 54 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

I'll bite. What's your reasoning for thinking I'm scum?

Now that we're in endgame, I don't want to totally let go of your play during the Somber dunk, and I'm worried I'm being next leveled by you since you've had some logical posts overall, even if they were wrong.

I still think you going hard against Somber makes it less likely for you to be the final scum, but I do think about posts like this:

Jedit posted:

Somber soft pushed 26 hours out, but didn't vote for another full day. I have to agree with Podima that it's a bad vote, basically saying that he is taking the easy lynch but didn't do so until almost the last minute.

One other point to consider is that unless you think there was only one scum on Dick's lynch, then at least one of Max, Opop, Kashuno and myself must be scum. If that's the case then I'm looking less hard at Somber, who was never on that lynch, and harder at Max and Opop.

I'm snipping some of your arguments to bring out the relevant Somber stuff, but you saying it looks bad in one sentence then moving away from him gives me pause, and it's worth thinking about.

THAT BEING SAID

Podima posted:

Gonna refer you to a cool post by Kashuno who is noticeably absent:

Podima posted:

This will be the second deadline Kashuno has conveniently missed where scum was on the chopping block - last night it was PMach, tonight it's Somber.

With RF flipping town, I come back to this, and his sort of "there but not there" nature during the last game day.

Kashuno posted:

Are you leaning toward RF, then?

So really, if I don't want to drive myself crazy, I think it's Kash.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh and deadline is tonight and Jimson hasn't checked in yet. That's disconcerting from a numbers perspective.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Alright, well ##vote Kash with three hours left to go. I'm around.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Max posted:

Now that we're in endgame, I don't want to totally let go of your play during the Somber dunk, and I'm worried I'm being next leveled by you since you've had some logical posts overall, even if they were wrong.

I still think you going hard against Somber makes it less likely for you to be the final scum, but I do think about posts like this:

I'm snipping some of your arguments to bring out the relevant Somber stuff, but you saying it looks bad in one sentence then moving away from him gives me pause, and it's worth thinking about.

You forgot that I'm basically confirmed Town at this point. The case was stolen by scum on Night 1, and nobody has gained immunity from it. If the scum stealer isn't holding the case then he passed it to a Townie, but no Townie has admitted having the case at any time. Therefore the stealer must have been holding the case since Night 1. And as I didn't have the case on Night 2, I can't be the stealer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Also I think we have to kill Jimson if he doesn't show as a Hail Mary. If he's not scum we probably lose with a no-lynch because the case will save the scum in LYLO, after which he will either win with a kill or reclaim the case to repeat the cycle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

You forgot that I'm basically confirmed Town at this point. The case was stolen by scum on Night 1, and nobody has gained immunity from it. If the scum stealer isn't holding the case then he passed it to a Townie, but no Townie has admitted having the case at any time. Therefore the stealer must have been holding the case since Night 1. And as I didn't have the case on Night 2, I can't be the stealer.

:bang:

Yup, I'm a dummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jedit posted:

Also I think we have to kill Jimson if he doesn't show as a Hail Mary. If he's not scum we probably lose with a no-lynch because the case will save the scum in LYLO, after which he will either win with a kill or reclaim the case to repeat the cycle.

Yeah, this is what I was saying this morning.

I feel like Jimson is still a losing move, but absent of anything else to do, I dunno. Is Kash around?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

There's no probably about it, now I think; we cannot win if we no lynch. This vote is end game, and gently caress Jimson for not being there - although slightly less hard than usual because Slam set a deadline shorter than 24 hours.

Slamburger, this is a work night for me and deadline is 3am my time. I cannot possibly stay up to see it through. With your permission, I want to set my vote conditionally: I will hammer anyone other than myself who gets to -1.

In case permission is not granted: ##vote Jimson because I don't see any other choice.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Oh yeah, obviously that last post can be ignored if Slam decides to extend the deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote jimson namaste

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sigh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote Jimson

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ace gg town

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Deirdre and Gregor watch as Spence walks down the stairs and out the door of the apartment. "I think we've made the right decision" says Gregor "hopefully now our luck will change. Now let's get some sleep"

"You are too hopeful, Gregor" says Deirdre. She is holding a silenced Walther pistol in her left hand. "Goodbye"

JimsonThe Betrayer, Gregor, Vanilla Town was shot between the eyes on Day 5!

Associated Press: An international sting to catch IRA terrorist Seamus O'Rourke caused a massive shootout outside Reims, France yesterday. In addition to 18 civilian casualities, the CIA has confirmed that one of their agents, Elliot Klasten, was killed during the firefight.

Kashuno, Seamus, Vanilla Town and Jedit, Elliot, Vanilla Town were endgamed!

Max, Deirdre, Scum Case Stealer has won the game for the SCUM!

Thanks for playing everyone. A whole lot of lurkers and low content dragged the game down, but I hope everyone had some fun.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Here is the scumdoc

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:argh:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look, I did my best to rally this last day, and even argued against what would have been the lamest way for me to win.

Anyway, this was fun. I'm sorry the case didn't become more of a cool thing. I got lucky stealing it from Windy night one. I thought it would just be a funny joke.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I just chose real poorly. Thanks for running, Slamburger - and thanks for the cool flavor!

Also Jimson is banned from my games for the next little while until I get less mad at him.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, I hope you all learned a valuable lesson:

Always, always, always vote Illandir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
well played Max, well played

thanks Slam that was fun

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, sorry for being so aggressive with with scum bussing. May not have been fun, but Somber pulled out a really clutch maneuver on his last day that helped a lot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Great job with the flavor! This was fun to watch (and play briefly). Thanks for running!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Great job with the flavor! This was fun to watch (and play briefly). Thanks for running!

Please stop scumclaiming D1. It does town no good.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Also, sorry for being so aggressive with with scum bussing. May not have been fun, but Somber pulled out a really clutch maneuver on his last day that helped a lot.

Yeah, kudos. The goon drawing out the case-stealer with the fakeclaim really brought it home for you guys.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Podima posted:

Please stop scumclaiming D1. It does town no good.

That was actually the first time I scum claimed D1, all of my other claims happened half way through the game if I remember correctly. Nevertheless I won't scum claim D1 again, even as a joke (unless I have a reason to based on role mechanics).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Max posted:

Look, I did my best to rally this last day, and even argued against what would have been the lamest way for me to win.

I actually would have taken you over Kash had three Townies actually played the loving game, at least up to the point where Kash suggested a no lynch when it would auto-lose the game for Town. But because they didn't, we couldn't win anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I thought we got the scum case stealers already I misremembered :( oh well without Jimson around it was dead

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I think it has to be max.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's one thing to say that, and another to actually push it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

It's one thing to say that, and another to actually push it.

Mafia in a nutshell. People forget this far too often. It doesn't matter how right you are if you can't convince other people to vote with you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thanks for taking it home Max, good work.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Thanks for taking it home Max, good work.

No prob. Sorry for the bussing. Must have sucked for PMach.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

No prob. Sorry for the bussing. Must have sucked for PMach.

No worries, you played that perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I would normally be mad after the way things turned out with the lurker flips but with so few people around, it's a null tell. I wonder if scum thought Pmach was dead meat and just threw them to the wolves.

I always call my shots when scum.

• Locked thread