Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Not content with simply not understanding trademarks, here's 2017 TNA glorifying sexual assault by Earl Hebner, for like the 10th straight year.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/845086145964920832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

grack posted:

TNA: Really Good at Being Terrible at Everything™

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Psychepath posted:

Not content with simply not understanding trademarks, here's 2017 TNA glorifying sexual assault by Earl Hebner, for like the 10th straight year.

jesus christ :gonk:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dude.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

:stare:

Is it written into his loving contract that he gets to do that? Like does he have creative control to force himself onto the knockouts if they get in his face?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

too long

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Who's the poor knockout suffering there? I imagine with the cowboy hat she's Jane Storm or something.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
The only "She" I wanted to see less than Karen Jarrett is Dixie Carter and I could be convinced that I'd rather see Dixie

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Who's the poor knockout suffering there? I imagine with the cowboy hat she's Jane Storm or something.

Rebel

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tits and rear end wrestling

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

God TNA just wheeling out the greatest hits as fast as they can

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
what the hell was that karen segment??

jeff jarrett fuckin sucks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/845047940662136834

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

DJExile posted:

TNA house shows used to be decent because you saw what the talent like Eric Young and Bobby Roode and others were able to pull off when they weren't tied down to the awful writing and agents.

But now TNA has no talent.

they have a fair few good guys who are very good

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Psychepath posted:

Do not, I repeat, do NOT read what Mecca, and one of the mods in particular thought of this segment. Actually this goes for the entire Knockouts segment.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
paste it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

MANCHESTER | NASHVILLE – ITV Studios Entertainment Manchester announced today that it has teamed up with IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., to bring WOS Wrestling back to ITV, with an initial commission for a 10-part series.

The commission from ITV’s Helen Warner follows a successful one-off-special, which aired on New Year’s Eve 2016. The Executive Producers for ITV Studios are Tom McLennan and Simon Marsh. Jeff Jarrett, the Chief Creative Officer for IMPACT Wrestling, will be the Executive Producer for IMPACT Wrestling.

Thirty years after the original WOS ended – and legendary stars such as Big Daddy, Mick McManus and Rollerball Rocco left British screens – this new series will feature the very best of today’s wrestlers from the current red-hot U.K. wrestling scene.

They will compete in front of a live audience at the intimate Preston Guild Hall on Thursday 25th May and Friday 26th May (doors 7pm / bell time 7.30pm).

Tickets for these historic shows will go on sale at 9am on Friday 7th April from Gigsandtours.com / Ticketmaster.co.uk / prestonguildhall.co.uk

There will also be a launch event this Monday (27th March) at 2pm in Manchester, where the full details of the WOS live shows will be announced, including the roster. Press and fans are invited to attend to the launch, which will include a Q&A and meet & greet. Places are extremely limited, to reserve one please email wswaudience@itv.com

This initial commission is part of a comprehensive co-production agreement between ITV Studios and IMPACT Wrestling to relaunch the WOS Wrestling brand, bringing British stars to ITV while leveraging the roster and creative team of Impact Wrestling along with its expertise in live event production and international distribution.

“This opportunity to work with ITV Studios to revive this iconic brand in the United Kingdom is a perfect example of the ways in which we intend to leverage our strengths to build our presence in international markets in collaboration with local organizations,” said Ed Nordholm, President of Impact Wrestling.

Director of Entertainment, ITV Studios Manchester, Tom Mclennan said: “Britain’s wrestling scene is thriving and there has never been a better time to bring it back to ITV after a gap of 30 years.”

Jeff Jarrett, Chief Creative Officer for IMPACT Wrestling, added: “The WOS brand is etched in professional wrestling tradition. My family’s lineage in the industry dates back 70-plus years, so I am honoured for the opportunity to work on reviving the legacy of this historic British series.”

Jarrett and TNA are getting paid for two promotions in 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jeff jarrett belongs in the hall of fame

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

He'll manage to gently caress both of them up as he always does. Theoretically he won't be able to lose his own money this time but he's Jeff so he probably will.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oatgan posted:

jeff jarrett belongs in the hall of fame

He belongs in a museum!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Chris James 2 posted:

Ain't he great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Didn't Jeff's dad call him a moron for trying to get TNA going in the first place?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

MassRafTer posted:

He'll manage to gently caress both of them up as he always does. Theoretically he won't be able to lose his own money this time but he's Jeff so he probably will.

jeff has all his money in gold so he'll be prepared when the market crashes.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

A few highlights courtesy of Hobbes on the WO forum:

Laser Teeth
Ain't both these bitches near 40?

Will1225 Moderator
Show some respect, they are both cunts we love :)

Will1225 Moderator
Nice butt shot of ODB and Vag shot of Rebel.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo
You know, the match wasn't great, but it was entertaining. Anyone notice a little lip action when Rebel did the ropes legsplit? And not the top lips either.

Robert Loubeau
Agreed and no, I didn't notice that. May have to watch that again.

Bloodreign2: Electric Boogaloo
Look on her right side, you see a little extra poking out of the pants. Maybe not lips, but pretty damned close to it.

Will1225 Moderator
The tranny is now a blonde???

Papaya #WengerOut
I'd still put dick in her.

DollahMAB
That's a bit harsh don't you think? I'm pretty sure "tranny" is a derogatory word. Lead by example, Will.

Will1225 Moderator
Nah she looks like a man with lady features, its appropriate

DollahMAB
Yes, but "tranny" is derogatory term for a transexual. I'm not offended by it personally, but on behalf of those it does, I don't think it's appropriate for a Mod to use such language. What sort of example do you wish to set for other users?

Will1225 Moderator
I don't see it as such, it's a description.

It's not like I called her a bitch or a oval office. She is not very attractive and at this point looks like a man with lady features

DollahMAB
But since when have "bitch" and "oval office" been derogatory terms directed at certain demographics? It's a totally different thing. Would you call a black person the N Word? Would you call gay people "faggots"? Description or not, for you to use such word is classless. If you can't let a Grado joke fly, I don't think you have the right to use such offensive terms.

Will1225 Moderator
Wait are you trying to say that "bitch and oval office" aren't deragatory words towards women??? Their legit definition is a cuss word about women

---------

Please note at this point that Will just a few minutes earlier called several of the Knockouts cunts....

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DJExile posted:

Didn't Jeff's dad call him a moron for trying to get TNA going in the first place?

No, Jerry was involved right at the start. He very quickly bailed when he discovered that what Jeff wanted was a vanity promotion, not a business opportunity.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

No, Jerry was involved right at the start. He very quickly bailed when he discovered that what Jeff wanted was a vanity promotion, not a business opportunity.

Wasn't finding out Russo was involved Jerry's last straw?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't finding out Russo was involved Jerry's last straw?

Haven't heard that specifically, but could be. Russo was the one who pushed Jeff in WCW, so that was presumably why Jeff wanted him. Jerry might have thought very different, like any right thinking person should.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Chris James 2 posted:

This is good news... for Grado

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

From what's been said ITV are pretty much paying nothing, so it's Anthem's money that's being spent.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How the gently caress is Earl Hebner still actively employed anywhere? Did he sign like a 75-year contract with TNA? He's been the absolute worst for about the past 15 years.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

How the gently caress is Earl Hebner still actively employed anywhere? Did he sign like a 75-year contract with TNA? He's been the absolute worst for about the past 15 years.

You're drat right he is!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Psychepath posted:

There's no loving way Russo isn't back.

I'm sorry, being that he's supposed to be an official, is he at all being reprimanded in storyline by enforcing the rules through sexual assault?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jason Sextro posted:

You're drat right he is!

:negative:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Norwegian Rudo posted:

For all his faults, Chris Regal mostly kept the toxic sexism out of that forum. Now that Will's a moderator it's basically unreadable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Norwegian Rudo posted:

ahhh that's right

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

TNA for April is I don't see it as such, it's a description.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Phenix Rising posted:

Well TNA doesn't have to pay him much because the Hebners do a pretty good side business in stolen WWE merchandise.

grack fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 24, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
How is Jarret cutting these deals with no real roster? Like, what exactly is he promising?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am now going to enjoy Earl Hebner's run-in at Joey Janela's Spring Break approximately 12% less. thanks, TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How is Jarret cutting these deals with no real roster? Like, what exactly is he promising?

Ain't he great?

• Locked thread