Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hedrigall posted:

https://store.warnermusic.com.au/collections/gorillaz/products/humanz-special-edition-2-cd-set

The real tracklisting:

1. Intro: I Switched My Robot Off
2. Ascension (feat. Vince Staples)
3. Strobelite (feat. Peven Everett)
4. Saturnz Barz (feat. Popcaan)
5. Momentz (feat. De La Soul)
6. Interlude: The Non-conformist Oath
7. Submission (feat. Danny Brown & Kelela)
8. Charger (feat. Grace Jones)
9. Interlude: Elevator Going Up
10. Andromeda (feat. D.R.A.M.)
11. Busted and Blue
12. Interlude: Talk Radio
13. Carnival (feat. Anthony Hamilton)
14. Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
15. Interlude: Penthouse
16. Sex Murder Party (feat. Jamie Principle & Zebra Katz)
17. She's My Collar (feat. Kali Uchis)
18. Interlude: The Elephant
19. Halleujah Money (feat. Benjamin Clementine)
20. We Got The Power (feat. Jehnny Beth)

Bonus tracks on Special Edition CD

1. Interlude: New World
2. The Apprentice (feat. Rag‘n’Bone Man, Zebra Katz & RAY BLK)
3. Halfway To The Halfway House (feat. Peven Everett)
4. Out Of Body (feat. Kilo Kish, Zebra Katz & Imani Vonshŕ)
5. Ticker Tape (feat. Carly Simon & Kali Uchis)
6. Circle Of Friendz (feat. Brandon Markell Holmes)

Huh, I wonder if that picture of Noodle is the actual album art or a placeholder.

I like all of the new tracks to different degrees (though I think Hallelujah Money is the best so far) but I generally prefer my Gorillaz a bit slower pace. It's always been chillout music to me.

E: Just one track on the level of Empire Ants or El Manana would do me. Just one. Maybe two.

stev fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
You gotta preorder the album to go into a draw to win tickets for the secret gig in London tomorrow.

They're gonna play the whole album in full!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea.. the song writing budget must be quite small as well.

No

The Vince staples and dram songs are loving goooooooooooooooood

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Steve2911 posted:

Huh, I wonder if that picture of Noodle is the actual album art or a placeholder.

I like all of the new tracks to different degrees (though I think Hallelujah Money is the best so far) but I generally prefer my Gorillaz a bit slower pace. It's always been chillout music to me.

E: Just one track on the level of Empire Ants or El Manana would do me. Just one. Maybe two.

Reports from Reddit when some of the songs leaked a few days ago were that Busted & Blue is the new Empire Ants. Multiple people said this. I haven't heard it so can't confirm, but it's promising :3:

(El Manana and Empire Ants are my favourite two Gorillaz songs too :h:)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ok after three or four listens I love all of this now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's up on Apple Music now

Holy poo poo i am so happy and hyped right now

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Songs are lit

My only disappointment is that some of the tracks are really short. We Got The Power could have been 4+ minutes. Why cut off so soon? :\

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
We Got The Power is okay and Andromeda is good

the other two are loving outstanding, Ascension in particular might be one of their best songs ever.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Goons should I preorder for that sweet sweet secret gig raffle? I'd also have to get down to London.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh my god Damon's vocal line in Saturnz Barz is one of the best things on this earf (i'm not hugely into the rap part of that song though, it's ok)

Andromeda is sublime and I hope the album version is longer.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every song owns hard.

One time for my boy Popcaan

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I feel like all these songs are right on the cusp of being some of the best work Gorillaz have done but there's just one odd thing about each of them. We Got the Power could be twice as long and would have really benefited from more crisp drums. Saturnz Barz has a cool beat and I love Damon's vocals but super not into the guest appearance by Jamaican Future. Ascension has some hard as gently caress lyrics and a good beat, but the hook is super weak with the flat snare, and deciding to put your weakest lyric in the entire song as your hook is unfortunate. Andromeda has a great vocal performance from everyone involved and all the instrumentals sound really good, but god drat do I want the song to be just SLIGHTLY slowed down. A really interesting collection of tracks overall though, they also make me really excited to hear the alternative versions.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Not sure how I feel about all of these, as any of the bum tracks will probably fit much better with the final record (I'm one of those shitheads who was lukewarm on Plastic Beach when it first came out and progressively kept kicking myself more over the years as I realized how fantastic it really was). Ascension is my clear stand-out, as Vince's bars are just some next-level stuff, one of the best features Gorillaz has done. We Got The Power right after Hallelujah Money makes sense, though it feels too underdeveloped (partially due to its length) for a "we can get through the Trump years" kinda song. Andromeda has some nice beats and Damon sounds great, but I'm not 100% on D.R.A.M.'s feature right now, and while he was what made "(I Know There's Gonna Be) Good Times" so great, I'm not really feeling Popcaan on Saturnz Bars either.

Either way, in five weeks we'll get to hear these in full, so I'm fine waiting and fully expect them to get much better.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Anyone else having their orders failing to process? I'm getting a wrong parameters message.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Saturnz Barz is gonna be on loop at work for me. It's got a feel to it I really like. Acension's rad too. Andromeda and We Got the Power are fine but I think I wanna listen to the full versions of those.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Are we sure/do we know that there will be "full versions" of those songs?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, I mean, I preordered the Album on iTunes and it's already let me download those in advance already.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 24, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

e: ignore me

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I love these songs/ that video. It's like this is the second album and it's just coming out now. It's so much like the original Gorilaz ~aesthetic~ but modern. I love me some Demon Days and Plastic Beach but this is super cool.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Andromeda is gonna be like To Binge and O Green World / Dirty Harry in that they get lost on the album but have loads of potential to shine on the road

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jamie Hewlett turned Murdoc into Liam Gallagher, and I don't know how to feel about that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So did anyone win tickets to tonight's secret gig?

I talked myself out of pre-ordering on their website at the last second. So many regrets.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Already listened to a couple of tracks and Andromeda and We've Got The Power are becoming my favourite tracks.

Anyone else who got tickets for the Demon Dayz festival, can we do a goon meet at some point?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Jamie Hewlett turned Murdoc into Liam Gallagher, and I don't know how to feel about that.

I guess he's put the whole blur vs. oasis feud down for good.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

So did anyone win tickets to tonight's secret gig?

I talked myself out of pre-ordering on their website at the last second. So many regrets.

Ticket announcement is at 12pm today. There was a form hidden at the bottom of the page to sign up for the ballot even if you didn't buy the record.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Are we less than 24 hours away from hearing the whole album via lovely phone recording, like when Blur did the whole of The Magic Whip at a secret show 2 years ago?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dugong posted:

Ticket announcement is at 12pm today. There was a form hidden at the bottom of the page to sign up for the ballot even if you didn't buy the record.

Well gently caress my life.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dugong posted:

it sucks that I missed out on it...but then again it wouldn't have an amusement park.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

Well gently caress my life.

Yeah I finally got the payment system to work and fell asleep. Woke up at 6am to a text from a friend saying she found the form. Sorry :(

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Don't know if it's true but apparently the gig will stream live on Gorillaz.com from 7:30pm gmt.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I got a ticket :kingsley::kingsley:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Dugong posted:

I got a ticket :kingsley::kingsley:

You lucky bastard! I am praying I get an email in the next 40 minutes!

Did anyone also get tickets to the Demon Dayz festival?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
The sky's falling baby, drop that rear end before it crash

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Andrew_1985 posted:

You lucky bastard! I am praying I get an email in the next 40 minutes!

Did anyone also get tickets to the Demon Dayz festival?

Yo! Where my demon dayz ticket holders at?

Although I am really pissed off that we NEVER got a conclusion to that Plastic Beach adventure game! :argh:

No mission 3, no reason as to why Plastic Beach is "gone"...and the Evangelist did bugger all. :colbert:

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 24, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My favorite thing right now is reading people in the YouTube comments completely sperg out about the gorillaz lore lmao

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Goddamn so the only way to get the extra tracks on vinyl was to buy the $350 version? Which is now sold out and will probably be way to expensive to buy second hand. :(

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Love all of the new tracks. Vince kills it. This album is gonna be gooooood

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

cheese eats mouse posted:

Goddamn so the only way to get the extra tracks on vinyl was to buy the $350 version? Which is now sold out and will probably be way to expensive to buy second hand. :(

They'll probably be released later. But also leaked like all hell.

I went and bought the $80 deluxe vinyl for the art book, but on amazon this morning. Not like I could have gotten my rear end to london in time anyway.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

cheese eats mouse posted:

I think that version only has the 14 main tracks with alternate versions of each track on the b side of the discs, as far as I can tell there's no way to get the extra 5 "deluxe" tracks on vinyl.

Humanz: super deluxe vinyl box set posted:

Gorillaz’ new album Humanz, presented across 14 individual pieces of 12” coloured vinyl (each one a different colour), packaged in individually art-worked sleeves. Each piece of vinyl features an album track, backed with an exclusive alternate version on the other side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I went and bought the Digital Deluxe Album, although I'm wondering if it doesn't come with the booklet like the 2-CD special edition. :ohdear: