Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
susan
Jan 14, 2013

JcDent posted:

EDIT: WE CAN GET A RAZORBACK!

Of course, FFG.pdf: they don't list the cargo capacity and the weapon description implies that it has both twin-linked Lascannons and Heavy bolters.

Ooh, like, an extra Razorback? Or replacing the Rhino? I mean, we gotta do that either way, no way we're turning down a Razorback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Take one instead of Rhino! It will fit us and our poo poo. Even more if one us has to drive it.

So I have 45ish left. Special sniper rifle, toxic flamer or breaching augur?

I'm taking the Storm Bolter anyways, and Metal storm allowance is still below my Tatical free ammo.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Yeah, I guess you guys can splurge for the Razorback. The Deathwatch would have the full array of weapon choices, so do decide: twin-linked heavy bolter, twin-linked heavy flamer, twin-linked assault cannon, twin-linked lascannon, a Multi-melta, or a combination of a lascannon and a twin-linked plasma gun.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Can't go wrong with Twin Linked Assault Cannons? Or what was everyone else thinking? Do we want the Twin Lascannon Anti-Armor punch? Heavy Bolter spray and pray? There's... kinda no wrong answer, I suppose?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

TWIN LINKED ASSAULT CANNONS FOR THE BRRRRT

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
TWIN-LINKED ASSAULT CANNONS!

JcDent, go with the Rad-Flamer - it's basically designed for use on Orks, after all.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

quote:

Vox Caster 10
Magnoculars 5

Metal Storm Rounds Free
Kraken Rounds 15

Camo Tarpaulin 5
Motion Tracker 20

Balefire gun 16
Breaching Augur 18

Cartograph 5
Cluster Mines 5

I think it's my end-list. Kinda strange, but demo has utilitarian and defensive usesI'm an idiot, Kraken is 15as per FAQ, mines definitely have defensive uses, and the breaching augur is for when I run out of demo charge/someone gets past blending crew/I want to melee a deathdread.

I don't think I should be able to carry all of that stuff around, though, weight limits or not.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 25, 2017

JcDent
May 13, 2013

By the way, have we been counting DoS right? Judging from the examples in the rulebook, you only get one for every full 10, and you don't get an automatic DoS for success - or am I confusing this with Dark Heresy?

Similarly, Standard attacks don't give us +10 BS/WS

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I guess I'm just going to grab a Charm, and then save the rest for calling in support during the mission.

I think the most important question is "Who gets to use their magboots to surf into battle atop the Razorback?"

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

JcDent posted:

I don't think I should be able to carry all of that stuff around, though, weight limits or not.

Well, that's part of why you got a vehicle, to carry extra gear around.

In other news, I just finished essentially GMing a larp-y event where the gaming space necessitated lots of running up and down sets of stairs! Boy did those eleven hours just fly by. I'm gonna go fall into a coma, see y'all tomorrow morning.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

pre:
XP:
500 - Ballistic Skill (Intermediate)

Requsition:
15 - MIU
15 - Auger Array
35 - Multi-Melta (Maxima)
30 - Lascannon
5 - Cameleoline Taurpalin
That should be plenty of different gun to gun whatever different things we might need to gun

gun

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

All my advances are boring for a bit, so +5 BS and Per for 700 total as my spend.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

We all good for this sunday? My schedule has opened up immensely, so I should be able to prepare an adventure that's hopefully a bit less railroad-y.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, looking forward to the next game.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I'm still in for Sunday, yeah. Excitement!

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

All good here.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Ready to blend...

JcDent
May 13, 2013

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I forgot to say last time, but the "Krump Jets" made me really giggle.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Writing for Orks is just a treat.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

See y'all in 12 hours!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Could I ask us to meet half an hour later? Hobby shop meeting and all that.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Sure, that fits with some stuff of mine actually. Twelve hours starting... NOW

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
((Hey lads. I'm going to be DM'ing Deathwatch in roll20, and I've never done it before. Do you have logs I can take a peak at?))

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

We've got a chatlog, but it's not very informative. It's almost all vocal, and through Discord at that. Can always ask for help back in the 40K thread.

Crazy Checklist of Space Marine Organs
  • Secondary Heart - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength and Toughness
  • Ossmodula - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Toughness
  • Biscopea - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength
  • Haemastamen - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Strength and Toughness
  • Larraman's Organ - Passive, Immune to Blood Loss, True Grit Talent
  • Catalepsean Node - Passive, no penalties to Perception from prolonged awakeness.
  • Preomnor - +20 Toughness vs Poison
  • Omophagea - 420 EAT BRAINS ERRY DAY
  • Multi-lung - Reroll drowning&asphyxiation, +30 vs gases & reroll, breathe water.
  • Occulobe - Passive, Heightened Senses (Sight) Talent
  • Lyman’s Ear - Passive, Heightened Senses (Hearing) Talent
  • Sus-an Membrane - Suspended animation
  • Melanchromic Organ - Passive, contributes to Unnatural Toughness, resist radiation
  • Oolitic Kidney - Reroll vs Poison
  • Neuroglottis - Taste Poison, smell Poison, Track
    • Just tested it out at the noble's residence
  • Mucranoid - Reroll Toughness vs Temperatures
  • Betcher’s Gland - ACID SPIT!
    • About 0.03 cc/minute
  • Progenoids - Harvested to make new Space Marines
    • We haven't lost anyone, but we did get them from the pilot
  • Black Carapace - Passive, armor interface

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 9, 2017

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Tias posted:

((Hey lads. I'm going to be DM'ing Deathwatch in roll20, and I've never done it before. Do you have logs I can take a peak at?))

I'll write up all the tips & tricks I can think of and pm it to you in a bit

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

This Sunday at 9 PDT!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

This Sunday at 9 PDT!

'Cause baby you're a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirework, go and show them whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you're worth...

See y'all in 10.5 hours!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Okay, I took Divination, to help track down the Warsmith, I took Hatred (Traitor Legions) and Forbidden Lore (Traitor Legions)+20 for ridiculously cheap from the Imperial Fists advances, and then a little boost to Willpower and Weapon Skill. I have added the Warsmith to the Book of Grudges.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
I upped my Weapon Skill once and Strength twice. Ain't gonna lose against that Alpharius punk again (now effective WS 75, 1d10+22 Pen 7 against him with my Power Axe, WS 85 Parry with the off-hand Sword, even better against Xenos threats).

Also got Heat Resistance, because I had 300xp left over before hitting second level, and it was one of the only things that cost exactly that much. I also exploded a Heavy Flamer in my face, so, that too.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Reading on the Followers in First Founding

[quote="First Founding"]
whenever the Battle-Brother spends a Fate Point to either add +10 to a Test or re-roll a Test
[/url]

I can use Fatepoint to add +10?!

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I grabbed Autosanguine, Duty Unto Death, and Tech Use +10 (now rolling tech use 75 without a combi-tool)

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Well, Bastion is going to be Pushing the Divination power to track down the Alpha Legion creep. Time to break out the Magic Pain Glove.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Next session, this Sunday at the usual time! I'll compose a bigger briefing when a giant thunderstorm isn't cutting off my power every fifteen minutes, but short version is you're going to a major shrine world undercover. Probably still as Space Marines, just not Deathwatch. It'll make sense.

And if bastion wants to make a divination check going in, just post a roll and I'll show you some cards.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It might be paradoxical and almost heretical, but you can have fun as a Space Marine without killing anyone!

Next time: how will the Deathwatch Team save the inner hive city schola from closing? Will their plan to win a grimball contest work out?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm feeling kinda bad for not having provided the char backstory for my Space Marine, but I don't think that matters at this point.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Alas it looks like this weekend I'm out of town for a family wedding (that's what I get for having like 30 cousins...), so I won't be around to play Brother Tychon. I'm totally cool with Tychon being there and piloted by another party member; just stay quiet, and when in doubt assume he hits Heresy with a power sword.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Any other scheduling concerns? If not the game should start off at the usual time! Hopefully without discord making GBS threads itself again, although at least we know we can swap to roll20 chat as a backup.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Any other scheduling concerns? If not the game should start off at the usual time! Hopefully without discord making GBS threads itself again, although at least we know we can swap to roll20 chat as a backup.

I posted about it, but I don't see it here, making me question where my post ended up... But anyways, I won't be able to play on Sunday. If you guys do autopilot Olaf, DO NOT get Haytam killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

JcDent posted:

I posted about it, but I don't see it here, making me question where my post ended up... But anyways, I won't be able to play on Sunday. If you guys do autopilot Olaf, DO NOT get Haytam killed.

Olaf will die before Haytam does

• Locked thread