Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

I'm sad they didn't show the reveal under Farrah's robe! at least I think there was a reveal; the black latex collar made it look like one.
Eureka and Valentina are standouts I reckon, it'll be interesting to see if Kimora and Aja can do anything interesting next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nihonniboku posted:

Um, based on the back of her head, was that Bebe Zahara Benet? I'm guessing based on the fact that she was doing a ton of interviews today.

I can see that. My guess was Trinity K. Bonet but yours makes more sense.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

Nihonniboku posted:

Um, based on the back of her head, was that Bebe Zahara Benet? I'm guessing based on the fact that she was doing a ton of interviews today.

That doesn't make sense though, considering she won her season and thus has no reason to come back. I'm guessing a more recent queen

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Nihonniboku posted:

Would they bring back a previous winner?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Hey, whatever Bebe needs to do to make some coin is fine by me but I'd much prefer that TKB come back

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Aja, Jaymes, and Kimora looks ROUGH. I hope they get better quick.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fantastisk posted:

That doesn't make sense though, considering she won her season and thus has no reason to come back. I'm guessing a more recent queen

Watrick posted:

Would they bring back a previous winner?

My response: In her interviews today, she was talking about how sad it is that season 1 is billed as the forgotten season, how it's hard to find, and that none of the season 1 queens make a lot of money because they aren't as well known as queens from pretty much any other season.

Edit: And hey. On Survivor, Sandra has won twice, and is back for a third time.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
I'm a bit worried about Jaymes Mansfield's edit :ohdear: I've seen a couple of her videos and I really like her, but she seems like an early out.

EDIT: ^^^ Oh, that does make sense then! That would be really cool, actually.

Fantastisk fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 25, 2017

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

:colbert: Valentina should have won the crown. I loved the Georgia peach, but I though Nina's Lady Gaga was kind of pedestrian. I've seen Halloween costumes that do that, only without the chest plate.

Also, THANK GOD ROSS IS THE JUDGE!!! Todrick sucked beyond the telling; hearing Ross make joke after joke about the hot dog drag was epic.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Bless Eureka's reaction to meeting Gaga, I wonder if we'll hear more about that on Untucked?

Also now I wish we could have Gaga every so often, her comments were so on point and her criticism constructive. I like how she remembered something about all of those outfits in terms of the designers or circumstances she wore it for. Also it was cute to see a wide shot and how her feet only made it halfway down the chair :3:

I'm here for Peppermint and Nina, it'll take me a few weeks to warm up to anyone else.

Pinwiz11 posted:

My guess was Trinity K. Bonet

This is my guess, too, especially given the circumstances around her leaving the show if memory serves.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 25, 2017

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

:colbert: Valentina should have won the crown. I loved the Georgia peach, but I though Nina's Lady Gaga was kind of pedestrian. I've seen Halloween costumes that do that, only without the chest plate.

Also, THANK GOD ROSS IS THE JUDGE!!! Todrick sucked beyond the telling; hearing Ross make joke after joke about the hot dog drag was epic.

Valentina blew me away. She could have been obnoxious, but she was totally bringing Paris is Burning realness to me. Her interview look was total late 80s early 90s gay. I was living for it. And she's only been doing drag for 8 months! That's insane, given that there is one queen who has auditioned for every single season. I'm sure that's going to be a plot point.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

When Valentina said that she was a drag baby I thought she was going to be some early episode chaff to be discarded... and then she took the runway and nailed it.

Meanwhile, Jaymes... :tpir loss horns:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

14th queen prediction seems pretty legit Glad our cucu might be coming back considering that she wasn't feeling well last season

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

14th queen prediction seems pretty legit Glad our cucu might be coming back considering that she wasn't feeling well last season

Yeah, I did some reddit spoiler googling just now. That seems to be the consensus.

That's fine I guess.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Got good vibes from this premiere. I think it's gonna be a fun season.

So what were y'all drinking for this episode? I went with a nice cheap brut rosé.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Please let this be real. The other guess from before Trinity K. Bonet is almost unfair. She lipsyncs like the rent is due tomorrow, no one can beat her.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah that's the thing with lipsync assassins they just kill it every time but inevitably outstay their welcome just a bit.

Also untucked spoilers: Lady Gaga gives EVERY queen detailed individualized constructive criticism and it's just the most adorable thing you guys

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
SO HAPPY THIS IS BACK! So annoyed that if I watch it live I have to sit through Wendy Williams??? Ugh.

I like it in HD though, looks SLICK.

Loving me some Valentina!

Great. Now I have to wait another week. *sigh*

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Stroop There It Is posted:

So what were y'all drinking for this episode? I went with a nice cheap brut rosé.

I was drinking Flying Dog "The Truth" Imperial IPA.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That makes 100% sense and is completely reasonable considering everything.

Stroop There It Is posted:

No drinking tonight, I have to workout in the morning. I wish I were at a bar when Shae came out in that Chicago Dog outfit, I'm sure the bar exploded when that happened.

e: Katya and Trixie review the Season 9 Queen promo photos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUs_PQDAb0

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I missed tonight's airing of the new season, is there any way to currently watch it? I can't seem to find any place that is airing it after it went live.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

That was fun! Gaga didn't disappoint and I'm glad no one went home.

Contestant-wise:
Valentina :swoon: Her and Nina are my faves so far.
All of the cast seem pretty likeable and there's no Bob/Raja/Bianca-esque standouts that are obviously going to steamroll the competition which is refreshing. Jaymes kinda seems like she wasn't ready for the show though :( Hopefully she can pull it together next ep.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I thought this episode was a bit muted but I guess that's because it was establishing the season, introing the 14th queen & was really mostly just about Gaga being on it.
I'm agreeing it's going to be sad to watch Jaymes get murdered. Every season there's someone who just wasn't ready (Leila McQueen etc) and it's always so sad :(

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Kate Bush has been my diva-extravaganza #1 since I was 16 and I'm 32 now; I'm also an art historian. Naturally, I will be stanning for Kate Bush-performing art queen Sasha Velour. I encourage everyone to do the same. Charlie Hides and Nina Bo'nina Brown are also acceptable choices. No objections to Nina's win (yay peach headress!), but points should have been deducted because her makeup was a little grotesque up close.

If what Aja showed off was in fact saffron-dyed fur, to be able to afford that, and live in New York (even if it is Brooklyn), I can only assume she must either have a trust fund or a sugar daddy. Both options annoy me. In truth, she probably bought it second-hand. Still annoyed. Jaymes needs to ditch the trashy = funny tactic yesterday. I want better for her. There's so much going on with Kimora's drag, but it all feels so...generic, somehow? We'll see. I will say that, judging from pictures, she was a way hotter boy before she did...that...to her cheeks.

Gaga was amazing.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 25, 2017

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I wish Gaga was a judge every week. She was so good!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Lady Gaga's Ronnie's entrance: :allears:

I really kind of like Sasha's whole aesthetic so I hope he doesn't turn out to be a fucker. Same with Nina.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I find aja very obnoxious

I find lady gaga very hot

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Loved it all! I teared up when Eureka was talking to Gaga.

Very happy that Nina won. I've liked her since the promos.

So far my favorites are Nina, Eureka, Sasha and Valentina.

Aja completely underwhelmed me. Maybe because she was talked up so much. She seems super full of herself and man, I can't get behind wearing real fur.

Everyone else was mostly meh to me. Jaymes was wow bad. I know she's a comedy queen but maybe I was missing the jokes? What was her deal with the sleepy stumble on the runway?

Man I hate that there's a week between shows.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Troposphere posted:

This but I find Aja obnoxious in an incredibly entertaining way, excellently punctuated by how busted her makeup is.

e: loving this Untucked. It's a really good episode so far and I say that as someone who isn't a fan of the format change from 7 on. Gaga is making it all worth it tho.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 25, 2017

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Thank god they've finally made this show easy to watch! I can easily just click onto Netflix here in the UK or Stan in Australia and I can watch it with no troubles. Only took 10 seasons!

Meanwhile, loved the episode. I wish the Ronnie facade was kept up longer. It was amazing. I didn't like Eureka hijacking Gaga's entrance and immediately making Gaga all about him.

As for early boots, it really has to be Jaymes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Living for Farrah Moan, adorable lil fish.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Troposphere posted:

I wish she had been Ronnie more because uh, butch Lady Gaga has always done it for me.

I can't believe no one is commenting on how good 'Blonde Benet Glamsey' is.

But yeah, Sasha and Shea both seem like front runners already, they really seem to know what they're doing. Plus I love Sasha's eyebrows. Bummed that this episode seemed so...barebones. Hopefully next episode is back to the same old. Worried for Jaymes, too...I thought she was so cute in her Meet the Queens clip, I hope she does better than this.

It's weird that they changed the main stage set. Does anyone else think so?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Anyone else stanning hard for Nina Bonina Banana Fo'fana Osama Bin Laden Brown? Her looks were on point this episode and I'm glad she won the first challenge. I was stanning for Kim Chi last season so apparently I'm good at picking out first episode winners. I'm also surprised she got away with saying her full name on the air.

Sad that there was no lip sync, but it seemed like a big intro episode with the 14th queen announcement and the runways. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

If what Aja showed off was in fact saffron-dyed fur, to be able to afford that, and live in New York (even if it is Brooklyn), I can only assume she must either have a trust fund or a sugar daddy. Both options annoy me. In truth, she probably bought it second-hand.

Didn't she say that she's become friends with all the top designers in New York, and they give her all sorts of free poo poo

But yeah, she is obnoxious, and her makeup is terrible. But I suspect that might be partly because she is trying to cover up the acne scars, which I imagine would be a difficult challenge. We'll see if the biggest drag queen in Brooklyn can actually bring it. I'm hesitant so far given the fact that they have two other stand out New York queens, Peppermint with personality for days, and Sasha who is an incredible performer.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

It's weird that they changed the main stage set. Does anyone else think so?

The rumor is that RuPaul wears sweatpants behind the judges' table most of the time so I doubt they'll keep it.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I'm desperately in love with Charlie's diction. She's up there with Eartha Kitt in the realm of making words sound good.

jimmydalad posted:

Anyone else stanning hard for Nina Bonina Banana Fo'fana Osama Bin Laden Brown?
She is SPECTACULAR on Insta with the makeup game, also seems like a really sweet person, but miiiight not be able to deliver on the runway so much as the competition wears on. Idk I love her.

This looks like a really good slate and a great season in the making. Poor cannon-fodder Jaymes.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Coyote Ugly posted:

I missed tonight's airing of the new season, is there any way to currently watch it? I can't seem to find any place that is airing it after it went live.

Amazon has every episode the next day.

And this was a real good season opener. The top three deserved it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Finally got to catch the premiere.

I thought the top 3 was... alright? They were good, but I thought there were other looks with more impact. Like, Trinity's AHS look is incredible, and Valentina completely served both looks. She's seriously only done this for ten months? She looks polished as poo poo.

That said I'm liking Nina from the get-go, she's gonna be a fun one to watch. Jaymes makes me smile, but I agree with Gaga that currently it's like she hasn't found her act yet. I hope she finds her footing soon, I wanna see more of her:ohdear:

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 25, 2017

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Didn't she say that she's become friends with all the top designers in New York, and they give her all sorts of free poo poo

Did she? I missed that.

Still annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

Like, Trinity's AHS look is incredible, and Valentina completely served both looks. She's seriously only done this for ten months? She looks polished as poo poo.

The thing with Valentina is that she's been performing for 10 months. She seems like the type who's been perfecting her look and aesthetic in private for much much longer than that.

• Locked thread