Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

The sad part is that this e-mail almost certainly exists in a nearly verbatim form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Gonz posted:

The sad part is that this e-mail almost certainly exists in a nearly verbatim form.

It exists in an exactly verbatim form.

It's the best.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

^^beaten. It's the best, and also the worst, by similar metrics.

Gonz posted:

It literally actually does. This email happened.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LesterGroans posted:

It's the best.

That leak was the most amazing thing. We shall not look upon its like again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I am not nearly funny enough to come up with that on my own.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Spidey thought

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

I swear to god this popped in my head.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Xealot posted:

It literally actually does. This email happened.

LesterGroans posted:

It's the best.

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I was working on a Sony film when the hack broke, it was a glorious thing to behold in real time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I read a bunch of that Sony hack stuff, but never saw that one. That.....explains a whole lot about the current state of Hollywood filmmaking.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I can't shake the feeling that somehow, these two were made for each other:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

I can't shake the feeling that somehow, these two were made for each other:

When i saw this in thumbnail, I thought someone photoshopped a rocket plume coming out of her rear end.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Teen Spidey would totally be into EDM and Snapchatting. Don't know about being vegan and yoga, though. Those seem more like what Tony Stark would be into. Spidey would start a liquified meat diet instead.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Spiderman is a massive nerd though so he'd be all about Reddit and hardcore gaming.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 25, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Not that he was in it, but who he's playing. I haven't seen the trailers.

The last trailer literally ends with Kurt Russell basically saying "sup, Pete. I'm yer da." Why are you giving out over this, when it's more an issue relating to you not paying attention prior to the posters being released?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

rawillkill fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 25, 2017

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

I read a bunch of that Sony hack stuff, but never saw that one. That.....explains a whole lot about the current state of Hollywood filmmaking.

http://www.squareeyed.tv/2016/03/29/the-superman-movie-that-could-have-had-a-gay-r2-d2-and-a-giant-mechanical-spider/

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Eat Locals

How To Be A Latin Lover

:lol:

Inheritance

In which two giants stare wistfully into the sea.

The Last Face

Boner the movie

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Tulip Fever

She's got a fever, and the only cure is more tulip.

Woody the Woodpecker - the Movie

Walking Out

What I'd be doing if I accidentally saw a screening of the Woody Woodpecker movie.

Valley of Bones

Unforgettable

Bland title, but I like these two:

And it's my honour and privilege to present to the thread;
Underworld Blood Wars

Aka "Wait, these aren't those terrible Resident Evil films? On no, wait - just those terrible vampire films."

Sassy Charles Dance

Did you know they're on their fifth film, with a sixth planned?

And at one point, there was a planned cross-over with cinematic shart, I, Frankenstein?

Yo! Frankenstein!

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 25, 2017

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
so what's three billboards outside ebbing missouri about

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

According to IMDB

quote:

is a darkly comic drama from Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh (In Bruges). After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy Award winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Academy Award nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Spidey thought

I know everyone already forgot about Amazing Spider-Man 2, but the thing I bolded is literally in that movie, and it's one of the few things that most people liked about it.

Also, Spider-Man on Snapchat is a great idea. :colbert: He's a 16 year old, he's gonna be on Snapchat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

^^ E: Oh poo poo, really? Never saw the Amazing movies.

To be completely honest, a Spider-Man movie or really any superhero movie with an EDM soundtrack would own bones. Of course, the dream would be a movie with a Hideki Naganuma composed soundtrack, but that's a long shot.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Yo! Frankenstein!

This has always been one of my favorite things.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

Also, Spider-Man on Snapchat is a great idea. :colbert: He's a 16 year old, he's gonna be on Snapchat.
Remember in Raimi's SPIDER-MAN when Peter frets over his MySpace Top 8? Everyone was like, "What a great idea! He's a teen so he would do that!" and they were right, what a great piece of storytelling.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, did that actually happen?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Vagabundo posted:

I certainly don't remember that. It sounds more like Kick-rear end.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

I certainly don't remember that. It sounds more like Kick-rear end.

I haven't seen any of the Raimi Spider-Mans in a while, but I wouldn't put it past 3 to include something like that.

Or maybe I'm being a robot. *Beep boop please insert joke*

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

The Last Face

Bardem has a loving huge head.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Pesky Splinter posted:

Valley of Bones

Sold.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Syncopated posted:

Bardem has a loving huge head.

And a huge loving face to match.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

No. That's his point, movies jumping onto current pop trends and apps means they won't be relevant in a few years.

Actual teen Parker might use Snapchat, sure. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to put it in a film.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Bonus:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Spiderman...what's crackin' baby?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love the Homecoming suit. It's so nice and bright!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Spiderman...what's crackin' baby?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYMl_sS72Y

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Spiderman, pumping his arms above his head as though he were raising a roof: "Pop POP!"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Spider-dab

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

🅱️ider-Man

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Waffleman_ posted:

I love the Homecoming suit. It's so nice and bright!

Yeah, it's cool.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No normal human being could ever hang from a sign like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
No kidding, those are really sharp