Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hencoe posted:

War gods and the last few light tank missions on the first campaign are driving me up a wall. Feels entirely up to RNG if you are going to get the map you need or if your shells actually land where you want.

In the last few weeks I've tried War Gods 68 times. But who's counting? I've come within 50 hp three times. I just had 1298 after my first two shots and got counterbatteried.

LT-15 I've been on for months, i seldom try and have never come close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
See, idealy if you're playing arty you get off a shot or two from one spot, then reposition. Sitting in one spot forever is begging people to home in on you

Sair
May 11, 2007

McGavin posted:

HT-12 requires:
1) You to be driving a tank with actual armour and no glaring weak spots.
2) Enemies so loving retarded and cowardly that they just keep shooting your armour over and over again without trying to flank or switching to HE or gold.
3) Teammates so loving incompetent that they leave enemies alive to shoot you.

Again, the chance of these three things happening together is so low that it's virtually impossible.

I did this in a KV-2. I don't know how either.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

HT-12 requires:
1) You to be driving a tank with actual armour and no glaring weak spots.
2) Enemies so loving retarded and cowardly that they just keep shooting your armour over and over again without trying to flank or switching to HE or gold.
3) Teammates so loving incompetent that they leave enemies alive to shoot you.

Again, the chance of these three things happening together is so low that it's virtually impossible.

I managed to redo HT-12-4 yesterday or the day before in an IS-6 because a KV-2 fired five 152mm AP shells at me. The one time the stupid pubbies don't just autoload HE is a time where they definitely should have and when I already had finished the mission.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I almost got it in my O-Ni today because I came across a very special TOG, but he eventually switched to shooting my tracks. :suicide:

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
aced e3 very quickly i felt kinda dirty doing it so fast was under 10 battles i i kinda delayed posting it here.. well that and for the most part i was 1 kill off of getting my secondary on td 15 kinda sad but whatever i was only trying for an ace lol http://wotreplays.com/site/3453921?secret=c6859ab5ac99dfd604e4894082841697 8k+, 9700blocked

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How to answer recruiting attempts by garbage clans :

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress off Wargaming

Anyone want to add up the matchmaking weights and see if this is anywhere close to 10% difference?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Is the old pansy teamspeak still alive?

It's hard to get pubbie walkons to join discord.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Hellsau posted:

gently caress off Wargaming

Anyone want to add up the matchmaking weights and see if this is anywhere close to 10% difference?
I especially like how as if 3 to 7 wasn't bad enough three are T-29s and one is an E-25. Here, have some colostomy bag to go with your poo poo sandwich!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

2,223 damage in a Tier 8 battle in my Rudy is only good for 3rd Class. :stare:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

2,223 damage in a Tier 8 battle in my Rudy is only good for 3rd Class. :stare:

It's based on exp, so if you didn't spot your own targets or secure kills then that's prob what holding it back.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

localloop posted:

I'll take a PANSY invite, if you are still handing those sumbitches out.

Game name same as SA name.

Invite sent.

Barry posted:

Speaking of the IS, I just bought one and that is a hell of a piece of poo poo stock. The grind isn't terrible as you just need to get the turret to mount the top 122mm, but the first 85mm is rough. 120 pen/160 alpha doesn't exactly cut the mustard. I'm just going to shoot the hell out of those 161 gold rounds and pray it's over soon.

Fun fact: the IS was my first tier 7, ever. I had one ~5 years ago, when I was brand-new to the game, it was stock, and it saw tier 10s (yes, with that gun.) I'm amazed I didn't commit suicide over it back then!

They buffed it a while ago: specifically the iD10T gun has usable DPM now, so it's totally an acceptable alternative to the 122s.

McGavin posted:

Apparently you can't recruit crew for tanks you haven't researched. That's dumb.

Edit: I can't put her in the Kranvagn, but I can put her in the Obj. 260, which I'm not even close to getting. Way to be competent Wargaming.

It's been this way, and I can half understand it. As much as I'd love to retrain crews during half-off sales, I can't quite justify why we need to be able to train crew members to literally every vehicle in the game at any time.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I have made a very interesting discovery, my CPU fan was seized up. I am amazed nothing bad happened.

I fixed it by soaking it in WD-40. What is the ignition temperature on WD-40 anyways?

FYI, WD-40 is not a lubricant. It'll help un-seize things and displace water (in applications where you don't want something to rust) but beyond that you'd want an actual lubricant. A seized fan is however a sign that it needs to be replaced; however old it is, it's going to be worth the small effort to swap it with a new one.

Axetrain posted:

Also Atomizer should give Cafone whatever rank it is that let's him bring artillery strikes.

I'm making him an XO.

Axetrain posted:

lol if you don't just use Aslain's and click every mod option available.

Also new mission is up, deal 50k damage across any number of games.

Some of the mods do have ridiculous performance hits, though. The sounds mods, for example, are still subject to memory leaks (I only used the UT announcer, and over a couple hours my average framerate would drop from 120 to <30 until reboot. I traced it back to this mod, and have had similar experiences with other sound mods.)

Cartoon posted:

I especially like how as if 3 to 7 wasn't bad enough three are T-29s and one is an E-25. Here, have some colostomy bag to go with your poo poo sandwich!

The match went worse than you could possibly imagine. :magical:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

The match went worse than you could possibly imagine. :magical:
I don't even have to imagine some pretty terrible things having played through them. Most unlikely outcome: a win by capfast.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

I don't even have to imagine some pretty terrible things having played through them. Most unlikely outcome: a win by capfast.

I got shot by a T29 and IS with gold, splashed for 120 by a KV-2 and penned in my gun by a Type 64's AP. I don't know why the IS and T29 had gold preloaded, they had no opportunity to switch shells and they had a massive tank advantage. Atomizer got snapshot in the butt and set on fire with the first shot while missing a shot from 75 meters on a Hellcat that flipped themselves over at the enemy spawn. Steelion was in a 12t.

Basically we all got into an unfortunate situation.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I did like 600 damage to the Tiger P and spotted it for the hellcat and arty, before getting unceremoniously shotgunned by the M44.

Hellsau posted:

Basically we all got into an unfortunate situation.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Some of the mods do have ridiculous performance hits, though. The sounds mods, for example, are still subject to memory leaks (I only used the UT announcer, and over a couple hours my average framerate would drop from 120 to <30 until reboot. I traced it back to this mod, and have had similar experiences with other sound mods.)

Oh I know, I was just joking. I probably use more mods than the average mod user but I wouldn't click everything. Gnomefather's sound mod I remember dragging performance down especially bad.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Hey turbo nerds has the game improved much lately?

More specifically has tier 8-10 gameplay improved much, or is it still a shitfest of CHAI sniping and blowouts?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I have fun in my type 4, t54e1, and fv 4005. I do not have much fun in my batchat 155 55.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Agrajag posted:

Hey turbo nerds has the game improved much lately?

More specifically has tier 8-10 gameplay improved much, or is it still a shitfest of CHAI sniping and blowouts?

only worse due to new tanks powercreeping everything ruining it for everyone ect ect

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What's the word on the t10 light tanks? Are they coming soon or soon™? Also do they look like they'll be worth playing?

I haven't played this dumb game in almost a year, but Blizzard decided to poo poo up HS arena and playing lights was the most fun I had in WoT so I'm tempted to re-install.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Why do I even play this game. Clearly wargaming doesn't want me to.

I got pushed down at recess by all the T10 heavies a Type 4 and the Deathstar

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bloom posted:

Are they coming soon or soon™? Also do they look like they'll be worth playing?

the former, and no

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
man, i come back to play a few games and every one of them was a blowout.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

"No, please, have the entire map. "

I thought I would spot the heavy lane for arty to stomp on, but once they realized I was flying solo I just got poo poo on. I am not a smart man.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I loving hate Sand River more and more with every time I have to put up with it.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
same

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

making the mountains traversable was a big mistake. the old dysfunctions were better than the new ones

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

As for this marathon, it's making the general playerbase even worse at co-ordination and teamplay, something which shouldn't even be possible when it comes to pubbies.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"I identify as a light tank, the powerful story of a swedish tank"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I loving hate Sand River more and more with every time I have to put up with it.

I kinda enjoy it from time to time. Managed to get up on one of the rocks over by the high corner with a Skorpion and spot the whole side of the map and started wasting tanks. For some reason even as exposed as I was, no one could seem to find me except for a Rudy who decided once he caught a round in his face he should hide instead of fire back while I was reloading. Eventually he crept back out enough to see his turret roof and popped him.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I have fun in my type 4, t54e1, and fv 4005. I do not have much fun in my batchat 155 55.

Well, get used to that lack of fun because you'll be in for a lot of it; I just finished my grind, and you should check my battle count in it to see just how many of them you're in for! :suicide:

ROFLburger posted:

"No, please, have the entire map. "

I thought I would spot the heavy lane for arty to stomp on, but once they realized I was flying solo I just got poo poo on. I am not a smart man.

To be fair, pubbies are known to be terrible but it's still your fault for plowing ahead and ignoring the minimap. What tank were you in, anyway? Because if it was a scout that's probably the last position you should've headed to to begin with.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I've always disliked it, although it, like all maps, are generally significantly better to play without arty.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i have a hard time blaming a T95, Type 4 and Tortoise for not being first to get to a position

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Atomizer posted:

it's still your fault for plowing ahead and ignoring the minimap.

hence the "i am not a smart man"

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Well, get used to that lack of fun because you'll be in for a lot of it; I just finished my grind, and you should check my battle count in it to see just how many of them you're in for! :suicide:

To be fair, pubbies are known to be terrible but it's still your fault for plowing ahead and ignoring the minimap. What tank were you in, anyway? Because if it was a scout that's probably the last position you should've headed to to begin with.

I've always disliked it, although it, like all maps, are generally significantly better to play without arty.

If you want to know real pain, just look up my arty games played :D

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol which one of you fuckers is Rumble_Mcskirmish? Please don't shoot me for 350 damage at the start of the battle, then hide behind me without shooting a single enemy tank. Teamkill me after the battle is over, but intentionally being a terrible pubbie seems like a dumb troll.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 26, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

lol which one of you fuckers is Rumble_Mcskirmish? Please don't shoot me for 350 damage at the start of the battle, then hide behind me without shooting a single enemy tank. Teamkill me after the battle is over, but intentionally being a terrible pubbie seems like a dumb troll.

don't sign your posts

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

Haha, take that!
No, seriously, that's the derp. I didn't do it intentionally. If it were intentional I'd have done it when you slammed on the brakes to shoot the fountain that medium was hiding behind
And not shooting a single enemy tank? i landed a few shots on their tanks, one of which put that light around the corner into "bump him for kill" land, plus a kill on their KV-2. Of course I backed off after shots because of that happy reload time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Haha, take that!
No, seriously, that's the derp. I didn't do it intentionally. If it were intentional I'd have done it when you slammed on the brakes to shoot the fountain that medium was hiding behind
And not shooting a single enemy tank? i landed a few shots on their tanks, one of which put that light around the corner into "bump him for kill" land, plus a kill on their KV-2. Of course I backed off after shots because of that happy reload time.

the pz38na literally cannot damage us, please do not shoot that. I expected you to try to shoot the stationary KV-2 sitting in the middle of the courtyard, or the broadside derp E8, but you just kind of sat behind me and didn't shoot any threatening enemy tanks

e: holy poo poo

http://wotreplays.com/site/3458229#redshire-chillsau-pz_kpfw_b2_740_f

if you want to see me launch myself into five enemy tanks to get cappers off our base while our loving dipshits ignore my advice and try to CAPFAST and die to two tier 3s and an arti, here you go. My hands were literally shaking too much after the base defense that I had to just stop for half a minute to figure out how to actually win the game with our fuckwit BT-7 trying to make us lose. I now own a T-25 Pilot.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Here's the replay
http://wotreplays.com/site/3458226#ruinberg-rumble_mcskirmish-kv-2

I shot what I saw, when I could