Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Goddamn it, Lup is short for Chalupa isn't it, Griffin you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Does the episode almost immediately end after the second Max Fun drive plug? It seemed so abrupt that I thought I skipped too hard.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Does the episode almost immediately end after the second Max Fun drive plug? It seemed so abrupt that I thought I skipped too hard.

no

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There's a very short bonus bit after the second plug.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:stonk: And then the door opens. :stonk:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New Peacecraft is up

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
So when Raandyy dies it says "6 minutes until respawn", and this has happened 200 times. Does that mean Griffin has spent 20 hours working on this series staring at his ghost waiting to take a few more steps before the same spider kills him again?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

So when Raandyy dies it says "6 minutes until respawn", and this has happened 200 times. Does that mean Griffin has spent 20 hours working on this series staring at his ghost waiting to take a few more steps before the same spider kills him again?

No, you can "release spirit" upon death which spawns you in a non-corporeal form in a nearby graveyard. You then hoof it back to your corpse to respawn in place.

So not 20 hours of time between attempts, but a good chunk of time nonetheless.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The time before you can respawn at your corpse does go up every few times you die within a certain period, though, up to 2 minutes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the hotel review at the end slayed me

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Trolls 2 is incredible, it's unlistenable in a good way.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I hope next Peacecraft video is just Griffin taking all the gold people sent him, turning it into Blizzard bucks, and then buying Hearthstone packs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Trolls 2 is incredible, it's unlistenable in a good way.

More entertaining than 3 stoned nincompoops in a hotel room shouting about an in-development children's movie should be. Love the "prestige series" framing.

"Justin, look at me. LOOK AT ME: Justin Timberlake is NOT going to be on this podcast."

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm guessing Griffin is pretty excited for Persona 5 coming out soon, as Dr. Pete Loomis was introduced with a "Reach Out To the Truth" sting.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
The camper that they destroy in the latest Car Boys is actually part of the vanilla game, not a mod. I bought the game a while ago, and one of the funnest things to do is just hurl things off a huge craggy mountain that is specifically designed for that purpose. When I did it to the camper and it split open, I just about died.

(There's also an amazingly huge, really well-done map of the Utah desert which I really hope they'll make use of someday. I love driving around in that thing.)

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

JethroMcB posted:

More entertaining than 3 stoned nincompoops in a hotel room shouting about an in-development children's movie should be. Love the "prestige series" framing.

"Justin, look at me. LOOK AT ME: Justin Timberlake is NOT going to be on this podcast."

I didn't realize they meant Trolls like the dolls. I thought they were just making up a fake not-Troll-but-similar movie series. :aaaaa:
It doesn't help that I completely pushed Trolls the movie out of my mind.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey buds. If I Joined The Maximum Fun Family, would I get all of the previous years' reward stuff, or just this year's?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
All. I just signed up and have been going through 5 years of MBMBaM content

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

JethroMcB posted:

"It's actually cathartic to say it out loud."

Goddamn, that was a funny 20 minutes.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Legs Benedict posted:

All. I just signed up and have been going through 5 years of MBMBaM content

Groovy. I want to get the MBmBaM pin, of course, but I'm concerned that I'll be mistaken for a Don't Tread On Me crazy. :ohdear:

e: I didn't realize that Beef And Dairy Podcast is part of MaxFun. Love that dumb show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Beef and Dairy is a real sleeper gem. Just doing the dumbest loving idea with such genuine effort and sincerity it becomes perfect. It's like an English Tim and Eric bit.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

The most recent MBMBAMs have been all-time great, 'cause these bros. only get funnier when punchy/together live/together in a hotel room/together + stoned out of their minds

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

sexpig by night posted:

Beef and Dairy is a real sleeper gem. Just doing the dumbest loving idea with such genuine effort and sincerity it becomes perfect. It's like an English Tim and Eric bit.

Is there a better description than a Tim and Eric Sketch?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there a better description than a Tim and Eric Sketch?

Well if you want a real description of it it's a fake radio show about the beef and dairy raising/processing side of agriculture where the joke is that the lens its filtered through is that cows and their products are objectively the absolute best thing in the world and radical theories like 'also lamb is good' are groundbreaking and shocking, and people try to plug their books of cow poems called 'the crabs of the land' as cultural enrichment. It's all done very well with a straightfaced presentation and all and the host is really perfect at presenting these absurd situations in a calm, very by the book 'industry report' format.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Beef and Dairy Network reminds me a lot of that Raw with Colby Toboggan bit from Superego. It's a bunch of people playing folks that are genuinely and deeply interested in exactly one thing, almost to a fault. I personally think it's a bit too one-note to be something I listen to regularly, but it's fit really well as a recurring bit on a larger skit show or something.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I like it and think once a month is just right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think this episode of Peacecraft was something we desperately needed. The fan interaction did breathe life into the series, but it's been getting a bit excessive as of late, and now that Griffin has actual equipment and items, him going through Azeroth on his own isn't quite as dull to watch since he has options now.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2duby_rUbi8

Honorary 4th McElroy Nick Robinson is streaming himself greenscreened into bad anime AMVs, it's oddly hypnotic

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nick's birth name, dougie mcelroy

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it bothers me more than it should that taako doesnt have 15 ac as a wizard at level 12, or shield, or mage armor, or misty step. i'm not a min maxer but cmon son

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Waffleman_ posted:

I think this episode of Peacecraft was something we desperately needed. The fan interaction did breathe life into the series, but it's been getting a bit excessive as of late, and now that Griffin has actual equipment and items, him going through Azeroth on his own isn't quite as dull to watch since he has options now.

Yeah, as with anything with a fanbase, they love doing the whole :regd08: thing.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Justin bought an entire bucket of donuts for his cheat day. He's not gonna make it to 2020. But hey, it was only ten dollars so I dunno how you would NOT get the bucket.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah the ones where he just runs around and dies are boring. The fan interactions are about the only interesting thing at all in Peacecraft.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm finding old MBMBaM episodes interesting for how oddly prescient they are sometimes. They make Totino's jokes a few times in 2011/early 2012 well before they got the sponsorship, and there are several joking or dismissive references to doing a D&D episode someday. Once Griffin starts dating Rachel he also mentions The Bachelor all the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought trolls 2 came out in like the 80s

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PostNouveau posted:

Nah the ones where he just runs around and dies are boring. The fan interactions are about the only interesting thing at all in Peacecraft.

It can be fun sometimes, but when you have hundreds of people falling over each other to be funny and get Griffin-senpai to notice them, it gets overwhelming and kind of stupid. There has to be a middle ground somewhere. If Griffin could maybe do a thing where he has a rotation of 4 or 5 fans as a traveling party, it might be ok.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stairmaster posted:

I thought trolls 2 came out in like the 80s

You're thinking of Troll 2. Trolls 2 is the in-development sequel to last year's Dreamworks movie based on the classic toys.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Oh that explains a lot.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

So the hunger are more or less the heartless from Kingdom Hearts

I was waiting for one of them to break in with "Griffin, are... are we fighting the heartless?"

It's really starting to get to the point where Justin, Travis and Clint are starring in Griffin's podcast. He tells them how they feel a few times in the ep, then he says "I won't take your backstories from you" then immediately retcons Taako's backstory. But it's so goddamn good I don't care. And I loving lost it when a goof retcon they did 30 episodes ago suddenly became an integral part of canon. AGAIN.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think one week is good, but the first few eps of Peacecraft before a cult sprang up around Raandyy were pretty boring and I hope he finds a way to communicate to the Faan-dies that he just needs them to tone it the gently caress down. He was definitely taunting everyone with that one chat with another player.

Meanwhile:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

SpacePig posted:

There has to be a middle ground somewhere.

Not on the internet there's not.