Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I still wonder what the hell they were thinking with the Mako physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

I still wonder what the hell they were thinking with the Mako physics.

Hey guys you know that vehicle from Halo that is really fun and cool? Lets imitate that, but you know, lets make it suck poo poo and get stuck on geometry and stuff.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

orange juche posted:

Hey guys you know that vehicle from Halo that is really fun and cool? Lets imitate that, but you know, lets make it suck poo poo and get stuck on geometry and stuff.

But we'll give it a cannon and sick jump jets so it's still awesome anyway

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

But we'll give it a cannon and sick jump jets so it's still awesome anyway

That is absolutely what made it the best. Get stuck? Jump jet your rear end away and if that doesn't work FIRE ZE CANNON!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

the best is when you somehow manage to flip it doing a wicked jump and it hits on its roof then just magically rights itself

or the fact that it can climb like 75% grades

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
gently caress yea the Mako was like a space-Canyonero

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Dudes, the Mako is cool as hell and I never understood the complaints. There was literally no part of a map you couldn't reach via judicious use of booster jets and switchbacks, no matter how steep the angle of ascent. And the main cannon was basically a one-hit kill for any enemy.

Two Finger, I've seen a bunch of ME:A videos where the player's team is driving around on a wannabe Mako, but it doesn't seem to have a turret and the team exits the vehicle to fight. Does the vehicle have an integrated weapon, or is it only good for transportation?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think the biggest part of it that fucks me up is that turning is tied to the camera or something? It always fucks me up for some reason and I end up driving backwards or something dumb. IDK something about it fucks me up more than any other video game vehicle. I probably just need to get used to it again.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

Dudes, the Mako is cool as hell and I never understood the complaints. There was literally no part of a map you couldn't reach via judicious use of booster jets and switchbacks, no matter how steep the angle of ascent. And the main cannon was basically a one-hit kill for any enemy.

Two Finger, I've seen a bunch of ME:A videos where the player's team is driving around on a wannabe Mako, but it doesn't seem to have a turret and the team exits the vehicle to fight. Does the vehicle have an integrated weapon, or is it only good for transportation?

No weapon and so far as I can tell running dudes over doesn't hurt them either. If you hit them at ful boost it seems to do something but normal speeds no. It's no Mako.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Running dudes over will gently caress them up but if they are short or your suspension is stretched out you can breeze right over them, best bet is to hit them with your tire.

On PC anyway

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Completely forgot about this lil dude, he owns:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I think the biggest part of it that fucks me up is that turning is tied to the camera or something? It always fucks me up for some reason and I end up driving backwards or something dumb. IDK something about it fucks me up more than any other video game vehicle. I probably just need to get used to it again.

It's relative to the direction the vehicle is facing.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

So I guess I've been dancing around the real ME:A question. Does it *feel* like a Mass Effect game? I realize that sounds vague, but every ME fan knows what I mean.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Light posted:

So I guess I've been dancing around the real ME:A question. Does it *feel* like a Mass Effect game? I realize that sounds vague, but every ME fan knows what I mean.

I love the exploration and founding a colony and all of that. I hate the combat. It gets a great sense of wonder going with the new galaxy but the moment guns come out it all goes to poo poo. Yes it feels like mass effect but the most flawed one to date.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is founding a colony basically like the castle thing in DA:I?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

is founding a colony basically like the castle thing in DA:I?

no idea, do a set number of quests then you get a base which produces resources for you, develop it in the ways you want

i'm getting sick of the game already because the combat is so bad

anytime observers show up i'm in a world of hurt because they just gently caress everything up, tough as hell for a base monster and they can quite easily wreck you in seconds

they were the flying monster i mentioned so melee attacks are out too

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrR3ak6dMwM

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

no idea, do a set number of quests then you get a base which produces resources for you, develop it in the ways you want

sounds a bit different. The castle thing was more like a huge version of the Normandy

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Two Finger posted:

i'm getting sick of the game already because the combat is so bad

anytime observers show up i'm in a world of hurt because they just gently caress everything up, tough as hell for a base monster and they can quite easily wreck you in seconds

they were the flying monster i mentioned so melee attacks are out too

Tech combo.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pc games are hard

some goon posted:

This is why nobody likes playing FPS's on PC, you constantly have to lift your hand to recalibrate the mouse position. It's a huge problem.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Switch thread is a trainwreck. It's half people constantly talking like they're on Weird Twitter and half angry aspies lashing out at everyone with a negative opinion.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm enjoying it :)

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

The Switch thread is a trainwreck. It's half people constantly talking like they're on Weird Twitter and half angry aspies lashing out at everyone with a negative opinion.

The ME:A-thread is the same. Gamers are garbage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Horizon has a good ending. Excellent game start to finish.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pssh turn up your mouse sensitivity and git gud scrub

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Horizon has a good ending. Excellent game start to finish.

I'm beyond excited for the expansion and eventual sequel.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
I got tired of plinking enemies with the Black Widow, so I used a save editor and changed my class to Vanguard.

It's amazing how much more fun the combat is now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm beyond excited for the expansion and eventual sequel.

Here's hoping Guerilla Games doesn't royally gently caress it up. KEEP YOUR loving HANDS OFF OF THEM, EA.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Where do you find these tard babies?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Woof Blitzer posted:

Where do you find these tard babies?

The games subforum.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The games subforum.

:whitewater:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So breath of the wild got its hooks into me deep, kind of bummed out in traveling for work for the next 3 weeks.
Wonder how many shrines I can clear in the next 16 hours ...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's pretty fun. Guess I'm an idiot because gently caress if I didn't look a ton of poo poo up. Well, just too lazy to search endlessly for random things etc. I'm probably about halfway through. I'm by no means going to try to get everything at all, just farting around exploring

Also there's 900 look seeds lol

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Missionary Positron posted:

I got tired of plinking enemies with the Black Widow, so I used a save editor and changed my class to Vanguard.

It's amazing how much more fun the combat is now.

Trying to play any other class is solidly :geno: because it's like "Well this is okay I guess, but I could be playing Vanguard instead..."

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Either I'm not doing this right, or BotW is loving boring

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

shyduck posted:

Sounds like your nostalgia isn't powerful enough. Drape yourself in the standards you held games to in 1996, then try again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

shyduck posted:

Eh, it definitely takes a while to get going. Like 3-5 hours at least? But as a whole it's not exactly an exciting game

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm about 4 hours in, so if that's the case then I'll give it more time. So far its felt like a chore.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 26, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arc Light posted:

Sounds like your nostalgia isn't powerful enough. Drape yourself in the standards you held games to in 1996, then try again.

Zelda really only is riding on its past now at this point right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you saying that the new Zelda game is just a link to the past?