Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rough Lobster posted:

So did anyone else see Kong: Skull Island?

who else is loving hyped for Rodan and King Ghidorah? I have Mothra, she can gently caress off though.

go die in a fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/semado913/status/844186709248024577

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

go die in a fire

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
smdh if you don't recognize our lady and saviour, Mothra

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Shin's getting a sequel: https://www.madman.com.au/news/hideki-anno-confirms-next-shin-godzilla-and-evangelion-films/

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope Anno finds a way to work ambiguous musical notation into the title of the Shin Godzilla sequel.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So is that Eva 4.44 or whatever or a completely new movie? Can't wait for it to take fifteen years to come out while Anno piles on more Shin Godzilla sequels which is what NGE deserves at this point.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joke's on you. NGE 4.44 and Shin Godzilla 2 are going to be the same movie.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Joke's on you. NGE 4.44 and Shin Godzilla 2 are going to be the same movie.

gently caress it, I'm down

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Godzilla will be shinji's new dad.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
That quote was mistranslated, there's no confirmation of a Shin sequel just yet.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

I, Butthole posted:

So is that Eva 4.44 or whatever or a completely new movie? Can't wait for it to take fifteen years to come out while Anno piles on more Shin Godzilla sequels which is what NGE deserves at this point.

Evangelion is good and deserves a good send-off

however "you're either going to get more Evangelion or more Godzilla by Hideaki Anno, but not both at the same time" is, like, if that's your idea of a problem then sign me up for nothing but problems for the rest of my life

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009
The Godzilla anime has a name apparently: "Godzilla: Monster Planet". Neat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Evangelion is good and deserves a good send-off

however "you're either going to get more Evangelion or more Godzilla by Hideaki Anno, but not both at the same time" is, like, if that's your idea of a problem then sign me up for nothing but problems for the rest of my life

I never thought it would happen to me, but I'm stuck in purgatory and I have to watch Hideaki Anno make a dozen more Godzilla movies before he finishes Eva 4.44,

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't the new Eva movie now named 3.0+1.0 instead of 4.0?

This is some kingdom hearts level naming poo poo now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Now there's a series I want to see Anno tackle.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Isn't the new Eva movie now named 3.0+1.0 instead of 4.0?

This is some kingdom hearts level naming poo poo now.

It's not kingdom Hearts until fractions are involved

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Looking forward to seein Shin Godzilla, wasn't able to catch that in theaters. Got to see Gojira, GMK, and Final Wars at the time at a local indie theater though, was glorious.

On a dream Godzilla anime, while Anno's Cutie Honey was not too shabby, I elect Yoshiaki Kawajiri. Godzilla fighting some jerks from space with strobe light epilepsy effects in the background, anime heaven.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Dylazodelan posted:

The Godzilla anime has a name apparently: "Godzilla: Monster Planet". Neat.

The plot on this one is a doozy. It's about humanity having fled the Earth in ark ships after losing a 50 year war against Kaiju, now returning to try and retake a world that's been ruled by Godzilla for 20,000 years.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Seemlar posted:

The plot on this one is a doozy. It's about humanity having fled the Earth in ark ships after losing a 50 year war against Kaiju, now returning to try and retake a world that's been ruled by Godzilla for 20,000 years.

That's loving awesome

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Godzilla: Skull Island

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Seemlar posted:

I am completely down for Godzilla vs Macross.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I am completely down for Godzilla vs Macross.
Sounds more like Gargantia to me except with Godzilla instead of squid people.

Please be better than loving Gargantia.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Seemlar posted:

This sounds rad as gently caress and I'm super down.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seemlar posted:

The humans should leave Godzilla alone. He deserves this planet.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

"To us, he was Godzilla the Consensus Builder"

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Seemlar posted:

There is no way the series can be as good as this description makes it sound.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just wary of it being CG. Anime does not have the best history with full CG, but this is on a big budget movie and not a TV series so maybe it'll be good looking?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Has this poster been posted yet?

bondster
May 6, 2007

The upcoming anime film is party of a trilogy

They also reveal some of the cast. No look at the big guy though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Them holding back on showing Big Goji combined with it being a trilogy almost makes me scared that he won't have a direct appearance in the first movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm also a bit worried about the single female character they've shown us, since she seems very....

Anime Waifu-y bullshit. You know, for some one that signed up on a mission to take on a planet of goddamn monsters.

Like, and this is something I don't really think about too much, but the Godzilla franchise has had a weirdly strong cast of women in its history. All the way to the beginning with Emiko. Miki was basically the protagonist of the Heisei era. Every era you look at, nearly every film, there's a notable or competent woman somewhere in the film.

Mind you I'm basing this knee jerk reaction entirely off of how they have her look compared to everyone else, and who is writing the script. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gen Urobuchi generally has a pretty okay track record with writing women with a few exceptions, so I'm hopeful.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Burkion posted:

Miki was basically the protagonist of the Heisei era.

I'm not sure that that was necessarily a good thing,

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HannibalBarca posted:

I'm not sure that that was necessarily a good thing,

She was

Better than not

Space Godzilla aside

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
if I had the time and resources I would destroy every copy of Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla that exists upon the earth okay thank you

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

HannibalBarca posted:

if I had the time and resources I would destroy every copy of Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla that exists upon the earth okay thank you

I would thank you, but for some reason the US blu-ray of 90s Mechagodzilla has Spacegodzilla in the same case, so be careful to only destroy that one thank you.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Real talk

Space Godzilla is the worst Godzilla movie right?

Like the actual worst one. No qualifiers no exceptions

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't know, Godzilla's Revenge is really dire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009
Spacegodzilla is definately the worst, it's a total slog. At least Godzilla's Revenge has a certain goofy charm to it.