Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I think I'm done until there's some sort of stability patch. I've had 6 loving crashes tonight, most of which happen on wave 5 or 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the classes have little flavor text on the cards.

One of the krogans got super drunk and missed his ritual to be let into a clan, the asari adept is a former commando who really likes to watch out for the younger team members, the female sentinel is a rookie but really fascinated by all the poo poo going on.

Female infiltrator lost her husband and son. :smith:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Alteisen posted:

the asari adept is a former commando who really likes to watch out for the younger team members

Call sign "Cougar." :clint:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Hmm, ok. I will stick with it and see if I can play more aggressively. I am used to being a shadowy badass with Shepard so I'll have to change my reactions.

Also is there a way to check my emails other than going to the terminal in my quarters on the ship? You would think that since I am writing this on the internet from my phone and my email happens to be on my phone too that they might just be able to do that poo poo in the future too but maybe that is hoping too much.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

rio posted:

Hmm, ok. I will stick with it and see if I can play more aggressively. I am used to being a shadowy badass with Shepard so I'll have to change my reactions.

Also is there a way to check my emails other than going to the terminal in my quarters on the ship? You would think that since I am writing this on the internet from my phone and my email happens to be on my phone too that they might just be able to do that poo poo in the future too but maybe that is hoping too much.

There's an email terminal on the bridge with the galaxy map, but otherwise nope.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rio posted:

You can't even change your gear on the field in the SP.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
anyone figure out the directx crash in multiplayer yet?

I have had 80 crashes in the singleplayer and I wanted to get into the MP and now I have this exciting new crash

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Alteisen posted:

You can't even change your gear on the field in the SP.

uh

yes you can. It's one of the terminals on the forward outpost blob thing

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

uh

yes you can. It's one of the terminals on the forward outpost blob thing

I mean on the field when you're in the world and poo poo, but you can't lug around weapons and stuff and swap them around as needed if you wanted, you have to go to a specific place to do it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I'm encountering a chronic issue with my friends on Xbox One, where we create games but no one ever matchmakes into them or takes an absurdly long time to. It's very frustrating.

Also resetting back to the poo poo tier weapons is most depressing. As is lack of heavy melee, and the lack of Geth Trooper Soldier.

RIP Flamethrower 2012-2017.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Alteisen posted:

I mean on the field when you're in the world and poo poo, but you can't lug around weapons and stuff and swap them around as needed if you wanted, you have to go to a specific place to do it.
You couldn't do that in 2 or 3 either, and 90% of the weapon and armor options in 1 were garbage, so ?????

Lightning Knight posted:

RIP Flamethrower 2012-2017.
The flamethrower is still in the game, it's on a krogan kit now

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 26, 2017

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
What's the point where it's better do l to do a higher difficulty and fail, rather than a lower difficulty you can definitely beat?

E.g. if you get to round 4 gold, is that more money and xp than full extracting silver?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh it's there, it just isn't the weapon of gods room clearing monster that it was in 3, and having to hold the button is lame and bad on console. :smith:

Bryne
Feb 13, 2008

The Treachery of Forums

Hackan Slash posted:

What's the point where it's better do l to do a higher difficulty and fail, rather than a lower difficulty you can definitely beat?

it doesn't exist, evac or go home

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You couldn't do that in 2 or 3 either, and 90% of the weapon and armor options in 1 were garbage, so ?????

It was stupid then as it is now. :colbert:

And yea I miss the old flamer, I want my geth soldier back.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Bryne posted:

it doesn't exist, evac or go home

You don't usually get to go home if you don't make it to evac.

Bryne
Feb 13, 2008

The Treachery of Forums

aegof posted:

You don't usually get to go home if you don't make it to evac.

Home's been dead for 600 years, son. Now they just pay me to kill robits.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

E.g. if you get to round 4 gold, is that more money and xp than full extracting silver?

There isn't one; you don't make it to the extraction wave, you get no money

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh it's there, it just isn't the weapon of gods room clearing monster that it was in 3, and having to hold the button is lame and bad on console. :smith:

There's an option to set "Hold" abilities like Flamethrower and Backlash to be a toggle instead.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

I failed on round 5 or 6 in a silver and got 15k, so at least for silver I think if you can get past the first objective round it will be more profitable than a winning bronze.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Huh. I could swear it was all or nothing, but maybe that was just a bug.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

El Cid posted:

I failed on round 5 or 6 in a silver and got 15k, so at least for silver I think if you can get past the first objective round it will be more profitable than a winning bronze.
That's what I've found too.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Dr. Abysmal posted:

There's an option to set "Hold" abilities like Flamethrower and Backlash to be a toggle instead.

:aaaaa: I'll have to go look for that tomorrow but holy poo poo.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
I'm 6 pages behind, so maybe this has been mentioned, but is the new Indra a piece of poo poo ???? ?

The very first new gun I unlocked was a Raptor. Cool, fun, it's auto now, it shoots almost exactly like the ME3 Indra did. Then, hey! you get the Indra, and it's the same as this new Raptor, except it has lower damage, shoots slower, and makes a giant loving plasma ball effect so you can't tell what you're shooting at anymore. Am I missing some kind of invisible bonus here? (Aside from the slightly larger magazine)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

anime tupac posted:

I'm 6 pages behind, so maybe this has been mentioned, but is the new Indra a piece of poo poo ???? ?

The very first new gun I unlocked was a Raptor. Cool, fun, it's auto now, it shoots almost exactly like the ME3 Indra did. Then, hey! you get the Indra, and it's the same as this new Raptor, except it has lower damage, shoots slower, and makes a giant loving plasma ball effect so you can't tell what you're shooting at anymore. Am I missing some kind of invisible bonus here? (Aside from the slightly larger magazine)

Probably not. A lot of guns now are "like the other but worse" see the Cyclone and how it's worse than the Avenger

grayb
Jan 18, 2008
I'm one of those unfortunates to have constants CTDs, but I manage to mitigate it somewhat by upping the process priority. YMMV of course.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Well I lied and continued playing, I'm glad I did because the stars aligned and I found a pub group where we did four full silver extractions. Then they bumped it up to gold and we did three full extractions. Was very fun and satisfying. :unsmith:

Angara Avenger is ridiculous. Teleporting across the entire map to do a backstab is pretty great. This character is going to get nerfed isn't it? I still don't have a great close range weapon, I've still been using the Charger. I got first place on one of the gold runs though, so I guess it will work for now.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

This character is going to get nerfed isn't it?

Probably!

She's not quite the highest DPS character—that honor goes to the Asari Adept or a Soldier with a Vanquisher and solid aim—but her ability to play 100% safe at all times more than makes up for it. You have so many options and outs that you always feel like you're in full control of the match, no matter what your idiot teammates are doing.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Anybody gotten lucky enough to pull the Krogan Gladiator yet? I wanna know if her kit is as hilarious to play as it looks

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've got one. Haven't played her much, but I've played alongside her a few times. Here's what I think!

She is SUPER TANKY, like all Krogan, and she has Annihilation Field, so she's good by default. The big difference between her and the Asari Adept is that she can't do her own Detonating, so she needs a decent team to take full advantage of her kit. I don't know that I'd play her in pugs, but she's awesome in a coordinated gold group. If you have a Human Kineticist who knows what she's doing the two of you will lay waste. Annihilation Field + Zero CD Throw is nutso.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 26, 2017

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Skippy McPants posted:

I've got one. Haven't played her much, but I've played alongside her a few times. Here's what I think!

She is SUPER TANKY, like all Krogan, and she has Annihilation Field, so she's good by default. The big difference between her and the Asari Adept is that she can't do her own Detonating, so she needs a decent team to take full advantage of her kit. I don't know that I'd play her in pugs, but she's awesome in a coordinated gold group. If you have a Human Kineticist on your team, who knows what she's doing the two of you will lay waste. Annihilation Field + Zero CD Throw is nutso.

I played with one that took the Disable instead of shield regeneration on Annihilation and it actually seemed pretty effective at holding things down while he head butted everything to death on gold. Hilarious to watch too.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Relentless posted:

I played with one that took the Disable instead of shield regeneration on Annihilation and it actually seemed pretty effective at holding things down while he head butted everything to death on gold. Hilarious to watch too.

I could see that. Unlike the Adept, she isn't countering on Barrier to fuel her DPS, and the Lift might even provide better survivability than the drain since anything that's CC'ed won't be shooting at you.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
What is the right build for an Asari Adept?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What is the right build for an Asari Adept?

Probably 1/6/6/6/6 with...

Annihilation: Radius, Damage Attractor, Draining Field
Lance: Damage & Force, Anti-Shield, Shield-Powered
Offensive Biotics: Power Enhancement, Combo Detonation or Exposure, Biotic Expert
Barrier: Recuperative Barrier, Barrier Drain, Saving Barrier

Leave Annihilation on full time, dive into enemies, and Lance everything once to trigger a combo. There's a short cooldown on you Annihilation Primer before you can combo the same target, maybe about 3 seconds. Get a feel for it so that you're not wasting Lances on high HP targets. Use Throw as a backup detonator. Melee whenever your shields go down and keep on Lancin'.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 26, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Two Finger posted:

If you are fighting an Ascendant, they have a big glowy shield and a stupid orb that rotates around them. KILL THE ORB FIRST. KILL THE ORB FIRST. KILL THE ORB FIRST.
I just got sync killed and then sat and watched two players try to kill the last enemy on a map, an ascendant, for half an hour.

I went and got some dinner, came back and they were still plugging away at it.

Do ammo boxes recharge during a round? I don't get how they didn't run out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Alteisen posted:

Female infiltrator lost her husband and son. :smith:

That was over 600 years ago she should learn to let go.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

tooterfish posted:

I just got sync killed and then sat and watched two players try to kill the last enemy on a map, an ascendant, for half an hour.

I went and got some dinner, came back and they were still plugging away at it.

Do ammo boxes recharge during a round? I don't get how they didn't run out.

Yeah, ammo boxes recharge. I've never timed them, but I think it's about 2m for a refresh.

And while I'm thinking about it, let's do some Sync Kill Facts!

Kett are currently the only faction with sync kills. The Remnant Destroyer just does normal melee, and while the Outlaw Hydra does have a sync melee, it doesn't kill you. As in ME 3, sync kills can be interrupted. If you hit the mini-boss in their weak point during the kill animation, they'll drop whoever they've got hold of. For the Ascendant, kill the Orb. This might take a bit, but fortunately, their sync has a relatively long animation and it is doable if you react fast. With the Fiend, hit the reddish gills on either side of his lower back to interrupt.

Of course, having this information won't help pubbies save you from this situation, but if you're feeling gracious, it might help you save them.

Tenzarin posted:

That was over 600 years ago she should learn to let go.

The phrasing is really awkward too.

"After losing her husband and child in a botched robbery back in the Milky Way, the Human Infiltrator came to Andromeda for a fresh start. She joined APEX to do some good—and to work through some anger and sadness."

Like, the context is enough to parse that her family was killed when someone attempted to rob them. However, with the way the structured it can also read like they were a family of thieves that had one of their robberies turn sour. A lot of the class flavor text is real bad. The Angara Insurgent's is especially embarrassing.

"These kett invaders need to back off the Angara Insurgent's territory. Seriously. These new aliens fighting with him might be useful, but someone needs to show them how things work in this galaxy."

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Mar 26, 2017

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I had the game be stable for a bit and a group of pubbies who didn't suck. So I now have a level 13 soldier and an Avenger VIII.

Anyone up for doing the Silver APEX missions to help me get a Juggernaut shield to put on my Krogan when I get one?

PSN Thundercloud2013

edit - found out that you can't run an APEX mission in multiplayer is you are running a strike team mission at the same time.

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 26, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Barrier 5b, the melee drain, seems fuckin nuts. With that and a maxed charge (radius, weapon+melee, bastion), plus jugg shield, I've been running public golds with no trouble at level 8 human vanguard X. There's still more to do with the build, but I'm not convinced it even really needs it. Been using it on the Asari Adept as well, and it's just as good there.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It is very strong, probably too strong. Barrier characters are tankier than krogan right now, which is maybe not intended.

Shame the melee in this game feels so janky thanks to the lovely p2p hosting.

• Locked thread