Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Popete posted:

Nothing looks worse than a wide body kit slammed with huge wheel gap. Buy some drat spacers at least.

He's a trend-setter. Pioneering a new style; Hella-Tuckd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rolo posted:

That is, indeed, rad. :cool:

I'm curious about the price, if you don't mind hinting at it. It's a 90's geo but in amazing shape and low miles.

I posted it in the 'Post your own ride' thread but we paid $4500 for it, she was asking 5000. Like I said earlier in the thread we had been looking for a Samurai but we stumbled upon this Tracker and seeing it in all its glory shifted our focus.
For pricing it's on the higher end for an early 90s Suzuki but with the shape it's in and the mileage I feel it's worth it. You can find other Trackers/Sidekicks in fairly good shape with close to 200k miles for around 3-4k. Much like Samurais, Trackers are just not around anymore because they got the poo poo beat out of them. This one is a find, and digging through the glovebox we found the original window sticker and the business card from the dealership it was bought it. This thing was bought in Naples and stayed in Naples, I honestly wonder if this is the furthest it's ever been from where it was sold.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 19, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Trackers were popular RV-tow-behind vehicles, so the engine and transmission (?) may not actually have that many miles on them, just the suspension and wheel bearings. edit: Those are usually advertised as such, and should still have some evidence of being set up for towing at some point regardless.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That also old enough to still have a mechanical speedometer, which is hooked to the transmission output shaft. The miles would still show up, unless they had one of those fancy driveshaft disconnects, which I seriously doubt on a Tracker. It probably was just used to tootle around Naples, not a Craigslist Crazy History ™

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Watched the TopGear special where they drove from Miami to New Orleans and Hammond's Dodge pickup made me pop on craigslist looking for 70s pickups.

Holy cow, what a thing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

This looks great and I want it

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Everything about that is cool as heck.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Yes more 70's land yachts please. 2 door and 4 doors welcomed. I see a 4 door Ford Galaxy in my neck of the woods that looks to be decent shape that I like to window shop.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I would drive this without any irony in my heart at all.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6010138901.html

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I would drive this without any irony in my heart at all.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6010138901.html

That thumbnail is really deceiving; the paint has the look of sun-baked patina and the bumper/toolbox look like they're pickled in surface rust, until you look closer and see the shine.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Going to Costa Rica in a few months to visit some friends so I decided to take a gander at CL south of the border edition and I found this:

I'd love the opportunity to drive this back to the states. Unfortunately, I live in CA and this state is assholish with anything imported: https://costarica.craigslist.org/cto/6010365498.html?lang=en&cc=us

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

It's that truck from the movie 'Backed To The Futures'

love on the cheap
Aug 5, 2008
e: that ^ owns

https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6052054367.html

Any takers?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

KakerMix posted:

This looks great and I want it

Yeah, that does have a bad rear end look about it especially with the choice of wheels. Satan himself would drive the thing and show up in style.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Global warming caused by the Ferrari will raise the sea level above that island. No thanks!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What a butt.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/6057022888.html

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That is a lot of stolen badges.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/6054119368.html

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 24, 2017

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

What is it even? I'm not super good with pony cars, but only the fenders and quarterpanels look right for a 69 Camaro. The glasshouse doesn't match, and that's usually the part that identify hacked up cars. Different door handles too.

I guess that's a modernization of a at the time crappy old car done in the late 70's/early 80's?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Humbug posted:

What is it even? I'm not super good with pony cars, but only the fenders and quarterpanels look right for a 69 Camaro. The glasshouse doesn't match, and that's usually the part that identify hacked up cars. Different door handles too.

I guess that's a modernization of a at the time crappy old car done in the late 70's/early 80's?

It definitely looks to be a '69 Camaro, but it has been heavily abused by someone who really likes fiberglass.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

It definitely looks to be a '69 Camaro, but it has been heavily abused by someone who really likes huffing glue.

ftfy

Also, wtf is a proto plate / protecto plate / drive anywhere?

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

ftfy

Also, wtf is a proto plate / protecto plate / drive anywhere?

I had to look it up myself because I figured he meant a skid plate, but apparently it is the vehicle ID badge that came with the car:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Genuinely surprised its not listed as CAMERO

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I realize 69 camaros were selling for $1500 in the late 70s but how in any shape or function is that an improvement? (Besides the velour interior). I am tempted to steal the pictures and list it as a 69 turbo supra.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

buy it, badge it as a celica, take it to car shows, just piss everybody off at once.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I see the Wagon Queen Corporation had a brief flirtation with pony cars.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
"Short bed Chevy" Has cam!!!! No rust!!!!

I know he means an aftermarket cam, but it still sounds silly. And if there's no rust, what's all that orange/brown stuff? :v: Just a passivating finish, ofc, aka "patina". I love the way it looks as-is.

But the improper use of quotes makes me hate him, so I'm too offended by that to actually buy it. Also he should probably have mentioned the banana-shaped hood (which, as I learned from Mike Finnegan, is just a normal sign of aging with that era of Chevy, but still.)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Humbug posted:

Pretty much this. "Custom" describes a lot of poor choices. The only thing I like about it are the flush AMC door handles. Maybe the quarter panel scoop.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Delivery McGee posted:

"Short bed Chevy" Has cam!!!! No rust!!!!

I know he means an aftermarket cam, but it still sounds silly. And if there's no rust, what's all that orange/brown stuff? :v: Just a passivating finish, ofc, aka "patina". I love the way it looks as-is.

But the improper use of quotes makes me hate him, so I'm too offended by that to actually buy it. Also he should probably have mentioned the banana-shaped hood (which, as I learned from Mike Finnegan, is just a normal sign of aging with that era of Chevy, but still.)

More a sign of never greasing the hinges, but, yeah, common.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/6046393275.html

This guy is on crack.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Yup. He might get $9,000, but certainly not the extra zero.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Is it just me or is he missing the drivers headlights?

Hermaphrodite
Oct 2, 2004

Luckily, I CAN go fuck myself!
It's got vacuum operated hidden headlights, and there's a leak in the system on that side.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I want 90k for this car. Here's a few bad pictures of it sitting on a lawn, thanks!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

"I think my car is worth as much, or more than my entire house. I'ma sell it on the innernet with a few badly framed cellphone pictures! NO DREAMERS."

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Ad States 90k. PRICE IS 100K!!! I HAVE 2!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yes hi I'm a dreamer but I was wondering if.. oh ok thanks anyways.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm really tempted to email him telling him he accidentally put an extra zero on his asking price...

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Q_res posted:

I'm really tempted to email him telling him he accidentally put an extra zero on his asking price...

Doooo itttt

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

No texts or emails!

Pleeeeze call him and record it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
He just has to hold out long enough. Sooner or later inflation and appreciation of an aging car will meet in the middle. Probably later, though.