Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm honored!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I think you've been duped, being eaten last is a huge insult from Asherah :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Theglavwen posted:

I think you've been duped, being eaten last is a huge insult from Asherah :(

It's true. You eat the good ones first to spare them the pain and torment of going insane

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We should talk about Asherah ,guys.
Our probable parent has been languishing in addiction for countless millennia, and had to be chained in the depths for the greater good.
It's time for an intervention! let us gather all his closest friends and family (remaining) and calmly explain the folly of submitting to the hunger.

e:

Take it from me, eating your children earns you no friends!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 26, 2017

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Slaan posted:

People are quitting the game now? Why? We didn't even do anything!

I don't think anyone is actually quitting, I don't know why people started saying that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mr. Nemo posted:

I don't think anyone is actually quitting, I don't know why people started saying that.

I've tried.

I've tried so many times!

But it keeps pulling me right back in dammit!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

None can resist the hunger
for updates

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

We should talk about Asherah ,guys.
Our probable parent has been languishing in addiction for countless millennia, and had to be chained in the depths for the greater good.
It's time for an intervention! let us gather all his closest friends and family (remaining) and calmly explain the folly of submitting to the hunger.

I wonder if Enkidel's absurdly efficient stomach that digests everything into oblivion is an inherited trait from Asherah.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Mr. Nemo posted:

I couldn't even manage to ignore the thread while on vacation!

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I quit for awhile every time the game makes me feel too many actual feelings but then one day I'll be pooping and it'll remind me of poor Enki and then welp there I'm hooked again.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I quit for awhile every time the game makes me feel too many actual feelings but then one day I'll be pooping and it'll remind me of poor Enki and then welp there I'm hooked again.

Shouldn't it be not pooping that reminds you of Enkidel?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Spell checking.

Give me 5 minutes to finish.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:f5:

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
:f5:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Diogines posted:

Spell checking.

Give me 5 minutes to finish.

Definitely don't want to cast the wrong spell by accident.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeeeessssssssss!
YEESSSS!!

My gullet is quivering in anticipation for the update.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You draw an arrow from your bow and aim at a cluster of disoriented Bnaimokt as they try to gather up up into a new formation. Some walk about confused, probably blinded?

You release your first arrow.

What follows is a complete slaughter as Bnaimokt try to close in on each other or raise their shields, to no effect at all. You shoot heads off of shoulders with bronze arrows where you must and sever arteries with precision shots through necks or gaps in helmets where you may with normal arrows. You race across the field towards the Bnaimokt rapidly firing your arrows with great speed and lethal precision as your remaining foes fall before you. The phrase "like shooting fish in a barrel" is not used in Ur but given the fact someone could theoretically miss a fish in a barrel it is not entirely appropriate here as almost every arrow you land is lethal and most of the rest, crippling. Only a few miss at all.

When the Bnaimokt try to hide behind their heavy shields you draw a bronze arrow, steady your senses and pause for a brief moment in your charge as you concentrate on the sound of their hearts beating and shoot for them, or aim for the heads.

Your arrows go straight through the shields, through the Bnaimokt armor and if their flying backwards from the force of your arrows spraying blood was not enough of an indication, their stillness after is a pretty good clue they are dead. You use as few bronze arrows as you feel you must as you only have two hundred in total including those left at home. Each represents considerable effort to make, you are going to have to come back here with Snarls at some point to recover each of them. Even an extra trip out here is a savings on the amount of time rather than making more. You will be in a race for time to get your captive back to Zepath to hopefully prevent it from killing itself, you don't have time to search to recover them now.

When you reach the demon centipedes the Bnaimokt are given a brief reprieve as you skewer the heads of the centipedes with normal arrows at close range and smash in the heads of others with your might feet or literally kick them in two. Having learned to harden your hands or feet for offensive purposes from Ishamal, you can actually fully apply your strength now without risking ripping your own limbs off.

The reprieve given to the Bnaimokt is brief and you resume the butchery shortly after. Every Bnaimokt currently strong enough to stand falls to your arrows and using as few of your bronze arrows as you must, you slay the rest with normal arrows or blows from your feet or club.

It has been rather a long time since you've killed so many of anything yourself. You rarely join your Balls for adventure now a days. When you slew the Amalakite Giants you felt... angry and a sense of righteous fury. Even thinking of the giants now, years later causes you to feel a brief rise of rage and satisfaction in their deaths. Slaying over a hundred Bnaimokt, many of them crippled you feel no such rage, you may even feel a little bit of unease or disgust as so many human-shaped foes fall to you? There is nothing human about them besides their rough shape and size, you've cut one apart to see what they are shaped like inside.

You leave a few of the moving Bnaimokt alive. One you smash in the face with a fist, hoping to knock it out. You inadvertently cave its head on. Another you do successfully knock unconscious. You slip a bit of poison from Indor in its mouth. It should help keep it from waking, or at least you hope. The poison was given to you many years ago when you were on better terms with Indor. At this stage in the slaughter the Bnaimokt stop trying to protect themselves and rush to their fallen comrades, trying to slay THEM! Well, less arrows for you to use? You let them. The Bnaimokt will kill themselves before they will be taken prisoner, the difficulty in taking any alive is why you are here at all. One Bnaimokt you try to tackle slits its own throat before you can reach it but you lift a fallen shield from another Bnaimokt near you and hurl it into the chest of another Bnaimokt, knocking it off its feet and winding before it can take its own life.

By the time your efforts are done and all of the Bnaimokt are slain, you've knocked out two and tried to sedate them with old poison you received from Indor. You have no idea if it will work or if they will awaken before you can get the second harness Uriah has, it was worth a shot to try. A third Bnaimokt you wrestle down and force into the restraining device you and Adina so painstakingly made. As you try to force the harness into its mouth to stop it from biting its own tongue off the beast makes a valiant effort to chew YOUR fingers off, failing to succeed. You strap the Bnaimokt into the harness. It struggles furiously but for naught. Restrained as it is it can neither move nor slay itself.

You search the carts.

One is filled with food and supplies and some very thick looking chains. Made for your Mighty Men? They would never have held any of them. You take two sets of chains however though, to chain up the Bnaimokt you drugged.

You search the other cart. A lesser man would empty his stomach upon seeing the contents and near any man would empty his bowels. You are not lesser man to wretch out your last meal, nor is there anything in your bowels to empty.

Every inch of the walls, floor and ceiling of the inside of the cart is covered in flesh, muscle and blood. You see organs and bones mixed into this unholy mess. The flesh pulses with the beats of many hearts within them.

You see eyes inside of skulls and others pressed into the sides of this abomination. Some look at you or blink when you enter. In the middle of the cart is... something held up by chains made of links of Bnaimokt metal and bone and some chains which look like they made be made of bone as well? Blood vessels run up and down the chains.

They suspend something in the middle of the cart. As you resist the urge to vomit or slam the door closed and burn this unholy thing to ashes, you look in disgust at what the chains suspend. You... you gave rather a lot of consideration to making something not unlike it a number of months ago. You see a rib cage reinforced by Bnaimokt metal and blood vessels and... other restraints. Some sort of horrendous device designed to hold... a prisoner? You see what look like straps and restraints to hold something in place by the wrists and hands. There are... slots in the back of the portion of the device which looks like it was designed to strap around the chest of a large man about ten feet tall or so? Why... why are there slots for the upper portion of the back? You know why, don't you?

You could not hear any of the many hearts beating within this horror, nor sense any of the Presences within it until you opened the door. Set into the ceiling in the middle of this nightmare is what looks like a large gem of some sort, black upon which are many facets like a precious gem. Some sort of strange symbols are worked into each facet of the gem.

Imperialist Dog posted:

It's half-alive with bloody skulls with eyes blinking at us?
Speak. "What are you, and what do you want?"

Diogines posted:

A raspy noise comes from one of the more... in tact skulls.

".....ill eeee".

Mystical symbols glow on the surface of the large black gem set into the ceiling of the cart.

You take out a parchment and a writing implement and write down the strange symbols that you can see from the door. You don't like the idea of stepping into the cart lest bits of flesh shoot out of those walls and strap you into a prison specially made for you. When you are finished you close the door and take a few deep breaths. You will leave this horrendous monstrosity for now. Your men are going to recover it for you. You have drugged and chained up two Bnaimokt you managed to smash into unconsciousness without smashing in their skulls and have another Bnaimokt captive fitted into a specially designed series of harnesses meant to even stop it from biting its own tongue off. And WOAH BOY is he ANGRY!

It struggles in the harness and tries to chew apart the portion in its mouth. It is making a lot of noises. You can't speak Bnaimokt, nor could you probably understand it but you suspect they are screams of rage, rather than threats about what it is going to do to you when it gets free? This poor bastard has a date with Tudiya, followed by having its brain turned into a mush.

You tie the three captives together for easier carrying, sling your Bnaimokt-Bundle over your shoulder and run towards your men. You did not strip the Bnaimokt in your specially made restraining device from its armor, the extra weight makes no difference at all to your tremendous strength and so you run across the countryside carrying several hundred pounds of armor of demon-spawn and demon-spawn armor.

You make your way to the northwest towards your men who are at this moment, making their way to you.

The miles melt away beneath you. After the first two hours the Bnaimokt stops screaming though it is still struggling. Ithma, Jassiel and Uriah are small dots on the horizon but you join them quickly. Uriah speaks first when they reach you, he looks to the captives and then back to you and asks "How far away are the rest? Did they see you?"

You decide to not lie to your brothers, your comrades in arms, though a great many lies probably could have helped you save some face here. You explain that they were lead by some sort of aged sorcerer riding a great beast. You tried to assassinate it, but did not suceed. So you had to kill all of them.

Jassiel: "I'm sorry, I had something crazy in my ear a moment. Did you say you killed an army of Bnaimokt?"

Uriah: "WHAT!? Why?! How!? All of them?"

Ithma: "Well at least you have the captives. What did you do, bludgeon the rest of them with your club?" he says in a tone with a hint of humor, but he still looks unhappy.

You explain that tried to slay their leader with a shot at great range as it rode atop a giant monster. Your arrow SHOULD have killed it, but their foul sorcery seemed to make it invincible to all harm, only when the slaves it brought all died could it be slain. The giant beast it was riding was about to make a meal out of you and you had to use the arrow from Seir to slay it. But you finally have the captives! The Bnaimokt somehow knew it was a trap, or knew you were there anyway. They brought a force designed to slay us, though they were slain in turn.

Uriah: "I can't believe this! You killed them all!? Four months. You had me rot under those trees for FOUR MONTHS!"

Jassiel frowns and crosses his arms, there is nothing he wants to say that Uriah is not already saying.

Uriah: "You WASTED the arrow of Esau!"

Ithma: "It was not a waste if it saved his life. And from the sound of it a powerful sorcerer was slain."

Uriah: "He never would have NEEDED IT if we were there! Why did you tell us you were SCOUTING ahead if you went into a foolhardy battle alone!? Why did you even BRING us?! I can't believe you wasted the arrow!"

Uriah is even angrier than you thought he would be and Jassiel is pissed as well. Ithma is actually fairly understanding given the circumstances though none of them are pleased when you explain that the Laurels lost all of their leaves again, so any trip into the mountains, the entire reason for this expedition, is probably off. Uriah does his best to not even look at you in the days ahead and after his initial expression of rage has little to say to you. One of the other Bnaimokt is tied into the other harness.

You pass the rest of your men on your way back to the boat. Your other men take it... better. None are happy with how things have transpired but none have the balls to chew you out as Uriah did. You give them their orders. You want them to loot the battlefield and bring the carts to Acco. Though one of the carts you closed, they are not to look inside, open it or let any of the men of Acco in it. Foul and profane sorceries are at work and you are going to have it brought back to Zepath for wiser minds to deal with it. For now, get it to Acco and guard it. Your men follow their orders, though they are quite disappointed.

Uriah is not going to begin plotting against you in his rage only to backstab you at some critical moment in the future. None of your men are going to quit, men have fought to join the Balls of Labaras and more than a few have died trying to join the most prestigious fraternity of heroes in this corner of Ur. Still. None of your comrades are happy about this. They are pretty upset.

You, Uriah, Jassiel and Ithma return to your boat with all haste.

You do not so much as stop to see Khabba, you need to get back to Zepath as quickly as you can, lest you risk your captives dying on the way home. The four of you row Zepa's sandal back to Kavodel with great speed.

Two of the Bnaimokt are restrained in special devices you and Adina made to stop their movements completely. A third you chained and forced a piece of wood in its mouth, then chained it to the bottom of the boat. Its struggles to escape were for naught, the chains were too strong.

The wooden bench it was chained to, was not. The thing struggled for over a day making no progress whatsoever, the four of you were preoccupied with rowing. Eventually it was able to tear out the bench you had chained it to and dive into the river. You dove in after it but the Bnaimokt filled its lungs with water.

Water you were able to force out WITHOUT breaking its ribs or puncturing its lungs! The beast is secured even more tightly and your journey resumes. When you reach the loop in the river you and your comrades lift the boat and run overland towards Kavodel, set the boat in the river on the Kavodel side and keep going. The entire journey only takes a few days, three Mighty Men and one Whatever You Are rowing with great strength and without pause can travel great distances quickly in a boat.

Well, your Balls are upset that you had them sit on their behinds for four months for no good reason. And that used the Arrow of Esau, which they really wanted to save for the Jubilee. And that used up the Laurels. And that because the Laurels are used up, any trip into the mountains is probably off. But. BUT! Uriah looks a bit less pissed off after rowing for several days, though he is still quite upset. He will get over it, eventually. Uriah has a lofty place in the world now, one he owes entirely to you and he is nothing if not loyal.

Near every time you and your men have tried to take Bnaimokt prisoners in the past they killed themselves first. The last time anyone brought Tudiya a Bnaimokt was on the Jubilee. Almost all of the Bnaimokt your men took captive then killed themselves as well, only the very few which were stopped from doing so were brought to Tudiya.

It is the middle of the day when you finally reach Zepath. Every head turns and every mouth rises to cheer when they see that Enkidel and the Mighty Men of Kavodel jog through the streets carrying Bnaimokt prisoners towards the palace!

Bnaimokt captives taken alive!? A time to celebrate! Tudiya is not at the palace. He is outside the city training a group of Tower Guard but one of the palace slaves rushes to find him. Zepath does not have a prison or a "dungeon", per say though it does have a chamber with thick stone walls under the palace, in which are some very thick Blooded Bronze chains of the absolute highest quality. You bring the captives there with your men.

The Bnaimokt renew their struggles to escape but it is hopeless, they are not getting out of their restraints. You have never actually been inside of this place before, you've never even heard of it being used but it is where Tudiya questioned the other captives. When you cross the door-frame you feel... something and the Presences of Zepath seem... muted a bit? Uriah, Jassiel and Ithma give no indication they felt anything odd. Tudiya gives you a manly hug when he sees you and says "Welcome home my son. You have done well. All of you, you have done well, though I nearly sent Aaron to fetch you. These demons shall hide no more from us this day. Their secrets shall be laid bare. It is not as if I am in the habit of rooting around in men's skulls but these shedim are too different and hard to read. With three at once... we will learn as we go."

The three Bnaimokt are laying on the floor of the chamber. Do the Bnaimokt have any idea who Tudiya is for when they see him they struggle even harder, you hear a CRUNCH and see blood spray from the mouth of one of the Bnaimokt as it... breaks its own teeth? Tudiya looks to them and speaks a word, a word you can feel in your very bones.

"ABAH!"

The Bnaimokt stop struggling and just stare at Tudiya with vacant expressions. "Hold it steady" Tudiya says as he lifts the Bnaimokt into a sturdy stone chair in the cell, you stand behind and hold it up. Tudiya places a hand on the side of the creatures heads and stares into the eyes of the Bnaimokt.

Colors swirl in Tudiya's eyes and the Bnaimokt convulses. Have you seen Tudiya forcibly read something's mind before? Certainly not a Bnaimokt, it does not look like a happy experience for either of them. Tudiya's lips move swiftly as if he was speaking but he produces no sound. Jassiel, Ithma and Uriah watch but say nothing. You can hear the Bnaimokt's heart race rapidly, cease, beat irregular and then beat rapidly again. After several minutes the Bnaimokt screams and you hear a sound which sounds like its heart literally bursting, then it beats no more. Tudiya takes a step back and takes a deep breath, then rubs his head. His eyes are still swimming with strange colors. "Bring me the next!" he says.

You lift the second Bnaimokt into the chair and Tudiya places his hands on the side of the Bnaimokt's head.

This... "questioning" takes longer and the Bnaimtok's heart beat is less erratic? Tudiya's lips still move rapidly but no sound is produced. Tudiya's lips move swiftly but no sound comes from them. Yet after a short time you hear the Bnaimokt's heart race rapidly and then you hear it burst and beat no more. The Bnaimokt slumps forward, a corpse. Your father falls onto the floor panting heavily, a pained expression on his face. It looks like forcibly reading a mind is not all that pleasant for him either? You and your comrades rush to his side. Uriah says "My king, you should rest." Tudiya pushes himself to his feet and waves them off as he takes a step towards the chair and says "The next-" the next words to come from Tudiya's mouth are gibberish, you don't understand them at all, they SOUND like Bnaimokt noises, he stands waiting for you to bring the captive, which you do.

Forty mintues. It takes forty minutes until the heart of the last captive gives out.

Practice makes perfect? Tudiya falls to the floor, you hear his heart racing and he struggles for breath. Jassiel says "I will fetch the High Priest!" Tudiya says something but his words are gibberish, you don't understand them at all. Uriah tells you "He says to wait, he is fine, he needs to catch his breath." You throw the Bnaimokt corpse into the corner with the others and you and Uriah lift Tudiya into the chair. The strange colors in his eyes fade after a few moments, he continues to pant for breath, speaking gibberish you can't. You and your comrades watch with concern but after a few mintues more Tudiya ceases to struggle with his breathing and speaks words you can actually understand. "What did you see?"

Tudiya says "I saw everything. And more. And nothing. These shedim set forth from a great stronghold deep within the mountains, the Fist of Fare."

"They were sent forth from that place to capture the "Asherakan" which had set a trap for them near Acco, yet they had to move with all haste and could not rest even a moment along the way, their march fueled by the profane sorceries of their leader, which this wretch feared greatly. The priest-" the Oldemokt was a priest? "-had come from another place, but this thing does not know from where. Much could be written on what this thing does NOT know. It knows nothing of the world beyond the mountains. Its oldest memory, it was already fully grown, seated before a table benches in a large room with a bowl of some sort of liquid in front of it, many others of its kind around it as if they had all drunk something. Yet it has no memory of any moment before that. It has never seen a woman of its kind, or a child or a city or a market. To this creature, its world is tiny. A desolate range of mountains, watch towers and some raids beyond to trouble the men of Acco. If any beside it in the room where it had its first memory lashed out in their confusion, they were taken to an altar in the front of the room and sacrificed as an example to the rest, then this shedim was told it was a Finger of Fare. Endless and bloody training and staring out a tower for foes which never came, that was this things life."

Uriah says "Do you know where the fortress is?"

Tudiya says "I think so. It is deep in the mountains. Captives are brought there and then sent away to the southeast, yet this creature knew that to go in that direction would be a torturous death. It seems that the Bnaimokt have no need for sentries or patrols in that direction. None of the captives are kept at the fortress, they use minotaurs as beasts of burden there."

After a moments pause Tudiya looks to you and says "I am pleased you came back safely and it is good that you have brought these things here. You have done well. Yet you have dishonored yourself and our Fathers by seeking to murder your foe like a thief in the night. You are not a child and I should not have to lecture you on such dishonors, this is not our way. You will not do such a thing again. El will not favor us if we conduct ourselves in such a cowardly fashion and without his favor, our strength, skill and Blood will be as for nothing." He says the words matter of factly. Tudiya probably does not know the finer details of how you and your comrades literally slew First and Second in their beds in Gebeb, he would not have approved of that either. Tudiya looks to Jassiel and says "Find Aaron. Tell him to make for Acco at once. He is to have that cart brought to El's temple there and destroyed without any delay, then guard the others until they finish looting." Jassiel says "At once my King" and jogs off.

1. There is no vote. You probably have some questions for Tudiya? Fire away. A vote of some sort will happen later. Normal questions apply.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

One of our players made a wiki about the game: http://sa-diogines.wikia.com/wiki/Paradise_Lost_CYOA_Wiki It has various bits of information, some of it is spot on, other bits are very wrong. If you find it difficult to keep track of the growing number of names and places in our game, the wiki has a good list.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 26, 2017

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Tudiya, did you see or feel anything of their march from the mountains to Acco? It seemed as if they were under the spell of the priest, as if all of the Bnaimokt were controlled as one

Was there any information about who or what the Asherakan is? Or was it just the title they gave their target?

(i know it's us but i'm curious if it is a title or what)

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 26, 2017

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

drat Tudiya. Too bad they don't remember their birth or anything that useful.

What do you think the cart is? Why do you think they call me Ashrakan? How do you think these creatures are created? Would striking at that fortress be madness? What do you know of the arrow of Esau?

Where did the huge monster come?

How did they know a trap awaited for them in Acco?

What material was the fortress made of?

What was this shedim's name, I'm just curious dad, ok?

What does he know of the making of metal? Anything useful?

Asking Enkidel, what's a shedim?
Show Tudiya the writing, what does this mean?
What was that...cage?
How many of the soldiers in the Fist of Fare were Blighty Men (use a term Tudiya understands)?
Did he see any boats or other weapons of far there?

What should we do with the body of the creature I slew?

By the way, who is Nusku?

Any idea what's at the bottom of lake Acco?

Minotaurs live! Good for them. My heart was racing as fast as Tudiya's while reading this update, amazing work Diog.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 26, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ask Tudiya: What did they know of this "Ashrakan?"

Also, voting that we do something to try to make things up to our Balls. Treat them to Zepath's biggest bar crawl or something.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

a cat irl posted:

Tudiya, did you see or feel anything of their march from the mountains to Acco? It seemed as if they were under the spell of the priest, as if all of the Bnaimokt were controlled as one
He says "Their leader had them under some sort of foul spell."

a cat irl posted:

Was there any information about who or what the Asherakan is? Or was it just the title they gave their target?
Tudiya says "They meant you."

Mr. Nemo posted:

What do you think the cart is?
He says "It believes it was a prison made to hold you. To contain your great strength." Ah. Right. Your 'strength' was the problem?

Mr. Nemo posted:

Why do you think they call me Ashrakan?
"It does not know why, but that is what they called you". Because you look like one of the people who live on the sea? Because Asahel told them you were the Asherakan on the Jubilee, though it is a name they called you when they first met you in Ibleam?

Mr. Nemo posted:

How do you think these creatures are created?
He says "I am not sure if they were created or born. If they were created, their first memory would be of something related to that? Instead they sat in a mess hall of some sort, it was the same place they took their meals. I think they came from another place and had their memories erased."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Would striking at that fortress be madness?
Tudiya says "Yes."

Mr. Nemo posted:

What do you know of the arrow of Esau?
He says "I am not sure what I expected, but that... light is not what I thought I would see. That was the arrow?"

Mr. Nemo posted:

By the way, who is Nusku?
Tudiya says "I have not heard the word before, I do not know."

Mr. Nemo posted:

Any idea what's at the bottom of lake Acco?
Tudiya says "Sand, I imagine?"

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 28, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Do you have the knowing of their language and can you teach me, the better to fight these foul things and predict their movements in battle?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What did they know of the women captives? Were they taken from somewhere else? Or...created in Castle Fareskull?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

>>Where did the huge monster come?
"It came with the priest. He fed two of the others to it when he first arrived, to terrify them."

>>How did they know a trap awaited for them in Acco?
"This thing is a grunt, it does not know."

>>What material was the fortress made of?
"Stone."

>>What was this shedim's name, I'm just curious dad, ok?
"It did not have a name. It had a number."

>>What does he know of the making of metal? Anything useful?
"This thing knew to fight and little else. Others of its kind mended their arms and armor. Their supplies came in from the southeast."

>>Asking Enkidel, what's a shedim?
You know. It is a word for the "least" of demons. Tudiya has a different definition of demon than Snarls's nose. He thinks the Bnaimokt are demons. So does everyone not on a first name basis with Snarls.

>>Show Tudiya the writing, what does this mean?
Tudiya examines the parchment, you tell him where you got it from. He says "I do not know."

>>How many of the soldiers in the Fist of Fare were Blighty Men (use a term Tudiya understands)?
You use the word Blighty Men. Tudiya tells you "Twelve."

>>Did he see any boats or other weapons of far there?
He says "They have enormous slingapults atop the walls and bows like those on the way to Baitel, but... different. They fire much more quickly. Some are larger. No boats, it was the mountains."

>>What should we do with the body of the creature I slew?
"Have it sacraficed to El" Tudiya says.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

Do you have the knowing of their language and can you teach me, the better to fight these foul things and predict their movements in battle?
"I do. If you wish."

the_steve posted:

What did they know of the women captives? Were they taken from somewhere else? Or...created in Castle Fareskull?
"They came with the priest."

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
He saw them training, right? How did the Blighty Men in their training compare to the mighty men of Zepath? Was there a large difference between their strongest and weakest?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What do they call the priest's god?

Have they fight with any others than Ur?

Do they understand the language of dance?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

+1 to learning the Norc language
This is a sound tactical decision, especially since we will almost certainly end up alone in those mountains at some point.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
This is what the Seirrow said to me. This is what it showed me. This is what was demanded of me. Please advise.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Diogines posted:

Uriah: "You WASTED the arrow of Esau!"

Ithma: "It was not a waste if it saved his life. And from the sound of it a powerful sorcerer was slain."

Uriah: "He never would have NEEDED IT if we were there! Why did you tell us you were SCOUTING ahead if you went into a foolhardy battle alone!? Why did you even BRING us?! I can't believe you wasted the arrow!"

:smith:

quote:

All beside it in the room in its first memory occurred lashed out, they were taken to an altar in the front of the room and sacrificed as an example to the rest, then this shedim was told it was a Finger of Fare.

Diogines, can you clarify this sentence? Reads a bit odd to me. Did every other being in the room with him lash out and was sacrificed, or only some did?

Questions for Tudiya:

Did these three beings know the name Faramu?

Did these three beings know of the name Amok?
*While we are forbidden of speaking of the events down south to some degree, all men knew the legend of the Giant king Amok to the south, so this question should be OK.

Ask of any memories these three had of when they were told they were going after the Asherakan. How were they told? What preparations were taken? Was there any information on how they knew we were laying a trap?

Did these three have any memories of a being named Dar Gallu?

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 26, 2017

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Oh god, they really are human! That's why they need to keep taking so many slaves!

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

What are the defenses for? Was he told what kind of enemies he should expect?

Tell Tuidya exactly what happened with the arrow, don't skip any details.

Don't learn Bnaimokt language, it should come naturally to us in a few timesskips.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Do you think there will ever be a point for us to be strong enough to take them down? And how many mighty men do you think would be needed to do it?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

didn't we tell tudiya that sacrificing them is a big no?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

OrangeOrbit posted:

He saw them training, right? How did the Blighty Men in their training compare to the mighty men of Zepath? Was there a large difference between their strongest and weakest?
Tudiya tells you "They lived apart from the others, but this thing saw them training at times. Captives were sometimes brought from the southeast and this thing believes they were eaten by their "Blighty" men to keep their strength up, but it does not know for sure. It never saw them in combat, before its last battle."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Toughy posted:

didn't we tell tudiya that sacrificing them is a big no?
He meant the Behemoth.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
AFTER THIS WE NEED TO TAKE SOME CORPSES DOWN TO THE ACCOTOPUS!

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
Do we have a rough estimate of how many captives are taken from Acco each year? Just order of magnitude, like 1-10, 10-100 or 100-1000? I wonder how much power they get out of each person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

>>Diogines, can you clarify this sentence? Reads a bit odd to me. Did every other being in the room with him lash out and was sacrificed, or only some did?
I re-worded it. Those who lashed out, who were in the room, were sacrificed.

>>Did these three beings know the name Faramu?
"No."

>>Did these three beings know of the name Amok? *While we are forbidden of speaking of the events down south to some degree, all men knew the legend of the Giant king Amok to the south, so this question should be OK.
"No."

>>Ask of any memories these three had of when they were told they were going after the Asherakan. How were they told? What preparations were taken? Was there any information on how they knew we were laying a trap?
"They were simply told they were leaving. It was not even told of the Asherakan, but it overhead another speaking, which over heard the sorceror speak to one of its officers."

>>Did these three have any memories of a being named Dar Gallu?
"No."

>>What are the defenses for? Was he told what kind of enemies he should expect?
"Sometimes minotaurs might try to flee, but rarely. Beasts from the mountains which came close to their fortifications were slain. They knew nothing of any other organized force in the mountains. They were watching for men."

>>Do you think there will ever be a point for us to be strong enough to take them down?
"I do not imagine it." The mountains have had a reputation of utter doom even before the Bnaimokt appeared, Ruth is the only person in generations to enter them and leave.

>>Do we have a rough estimate of how many captives are taken from Acco each year? Just order of magnitude, like 1-10, 10-100 or 100-1000? I wonder how much power they get out of each person.
You don't. Probably a one or two, between all of the raiders and travelers on the road? Three hundred? Very likely no more than that at most.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 26, 2017