Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Looks like Adam Cole was in Pittsburgh recently and there is only one reason a wrestler would go to Pittsburgh in March if not booked for a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Looks like Adam Cole was in Pittsburgh recently and there is only one reason a wrestler would go to Pittsburgh in March if not booked for a show.

You mean Brittsburgh
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/845067380728516608

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Adam Cole confirmed for Grey Wolf

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I Before E posted:

Adam Cole confirmed for Grey Wolf
Oh yeah I forgot Chapo is having a free show here

One of these days I should go to a IWC show

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like if ROH doesn't get swallowed up, Matt Riddle'd be a good fit: they probably don't care that he's a pothead, and he's a dude who could get them some attention while having great matches.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like if ROH doesn't get swallowed up, Matt Riddle'd be a good fit: they probably don't care that he's a pothead, and he's a dude who could get them some attention while having great matches.

ROH would be perfect for a Jack Swagger/Matt Riddle match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ROH literally passed on him when he was first trying to get into wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh yeah I forgot Chapo is having a free show here

One of these days I should go to a IWC show

Britt is very friendly. Her and Adam are a great match. Waiting for her to put it together in the ring and not to come across as overly influenced by her trainers Candice and Johnny Gargano.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

KungFu Grip posted:

ROH literally passed on him when he was first trying to get into wrestling.

You saw their top prospect tourney, they have too much young talent already!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Did Roque not post "Wow, WWE wants to buy RoH? Just proves what a successful and hot promotion they are!" or did I miss it somehow? That has to be the take.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No the take is that it's not true, but all the wrestlers are taking off because they think it's true

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

No the take is that it's not true, but all the wrestlers are taking off because they think it's true

Except none of the wrestlers are leaving because they respect the craft of wrestling too much or some poo poo.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No no no none of them want anything to do with wwe so they're signing to evolve, the anti-wwe

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
actually, they're gonna...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/846088108051480577

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave posted:

I'm actually sad about the naivete here.

I've been doing this for 46 years.

That Jeff Jarrett story is so obviously ridiculous I don't even know where to start.

Like I'm reporting about WWE talks with ROH based on a rumor from Jeff Jarrett. I mean, Ryan Satin isn't either, but just the idea anyone who reads this site can't see through that is amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm trying to think who in ROH or WWE is even on speaking terms let alone close enough to divulge major business news with JJ.

Coming up blank.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

coconono posted:

I'm trying to think who in ROH or WWE is even on speaking terms let alone close enough to divulge major business news with JJ.

Coming up blank.

Anthem

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Podcast series: http://www.thecubsfan.com/2017/03/26/throh-the-years-episode-1-the-era-of-honor-begins/

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Whoa, Dalton has a title shot this weekend? I haven't been keeping up, but this is an intriguing development.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A WWE/ROH announcement today is the hot rumour in the DMs.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I can't tell if being cagey about April fools pranks is pathological or the prank itself. Well done

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

I can't tell if being cagey about April fools pranks is pathological or the prank itself. Well done

Neither do I to be honest.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

so uhhh, tag titles?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

so uhhh, tag titles?

Are the Bucks going somewhere?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

so uhhh, tag titles?

Bucks won them yesterday

I hope roque's okay with ROH having lost 2 more people

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks won them yesterday

All part of the long con I'm sure :jerkbag:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks won them yesterday

Sucks I was hoping to see the Hardyz at ROH in Toronto in May. Oh well

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks won them yesterday

It doesn't matter since ROH drew nearly 4000 fans Saturday night. How many non-WWE companies in the U.S. can say the same thing?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Even if that is close to legit that's on the back of Wrestlemania Weekend and the Hardyz.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its a lot. they built a match people wanted to see and delivered it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

how was supercard of honor

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

its me glenda posted:

Hardys/Bucks was a ladder match, and imo was pretty bitchin'

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

its me glenda posted:

it was a good show though they really burned the crowd out after the first match and they didn't get them back until the ME. Adam Cole was booked like a dude leaving the company.

The only major issue is that it set up exactly 2 matches going forward. Silas Young vs Bobby Fish for the TV belt. Cody Rhodes lost to Jay Lethal, but then beat up Christopher Daniels after the world title match.

There's still time to get some contenders arranged for the other belts but yeesh those programs.

Roque11 posted:

It doesn't matter since ROH drew nearly 4000 fans Saturday night. How many non-WWE companies in the U.S. can say the same thing?

Not many, but on the other hand, they have the potential to draw that crowd exactly one time a year, and had the perfect match to do so. It's not really a barometer of continued success.

Especially since their really hot tag team title program for the rest of the summer fizzled because of TNA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

it was a good show though they really burned the crowd out after the first match and they didn't get them back until the ME. Adam Cole was booked like a dude leaving the company.

The only major issue is that it set up exactly 2 matches going forward. Silas Young vs Bobby Fish for the TV belt. Cody Rhodes lost to Jay Lethal, but then beat up Christopher Daniels after the world title match.

There's still time to get some contenders arranged for the other belts but yeesh those programs.

Not many, but on the other hand, they have the potential to draw that crowd exactly one time a year, and had the perfect match to do so. It's not really a barometer of continued success.

Especially since their really hot tag team title program for the rest of the summer fizzled because of TNA.

Bobby ain't the TV champ no mo', so it's just a singles feud, really. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Silas was the one to dethrone Marty.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 3, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bobby ain't the TV champ no mo', so it's just a singles feud, really. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Silas was the one to dethrone Marty.

You're right, I know Marty has it for a while after they hot shotted it and I completely whiffed.

Yeah so that's one title feud setup and a non title feud maybe.

Silas and Dalton are kind of heading into Bray territory of dudes who really need an actual big win for me tbh.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

You're right, I know Marty has it for a while after they hot shotted it and I completely whiffed.

Yeah so that's one title feud setup and a non title feud maybe.

Silas and Dalton are kind of heading into Bray territory of dudes who really need an actual big win for me tbh.

Dalton as TV champ seems like a good idea until I remember his contract runs out soon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

WWN did 2k+ for three nights in a row.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/status/849331395545767940

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Almost certainly part of the women's tournament

• Locked thread