Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

fairlight posted:

If he's kvLt_AltSA his ID is 379,975,333. He added me but hasn't BF'd me yet. I did you tho.

Yeah that's me. I didn't see you on my list yet but I probably just have to refresh it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I think the tedium part of the equation is more important than how hard it is. I wouldn't wanna grind that out, personally

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
If I was a college kid sitting in classes ... maybe...

I have two vows in this game - never gonna farm MP, and never gonna intentionally stall 99 turns.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah you'd be hardcore grinding for like $2/hr, so like someone said only broke brained reddit idiots would look at that and go "oh sweet how trivial"

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I mean, if you have nothing better to spend your stamina on for the day, then farming MP is good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In any case, excellent leaders get released pretty much weekly nowadays. Like a couple of weeks ago I discovered R.Astaroth and I was like "this is good!". Last week R.Kushi arrived and showed Astaroth how to green (Both are great, and the play-styles are wildly different) and today I have like 10 Meliodas on my friend list. I guess my point is that you can do extremely well with a whole lot of leaders and it's not like you are required to work a daily MP farming shift to buy the best of the best in order to have a fighting chance.

Like, seriously, new Kushi is great fun and she can deal really good damage if you set things up correctly.

I need like 40 million green exp to finish that team tho. (Elize is finally doing work!)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 27, 2017

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

trucutru posted:

In any case, excellent leaders get released pretty much weekly nowadays. Like a couple of weeks ago I discovered R.Astaroth and I was like "this is good!". Last week R.Kushi arrived and showed Astaroth how to green (Both are great, and the play-styles are wildly different) and today I have like 10 Meliodas on my friend list. I guess my point is that you can do extremely well with a whole lot of leaders and it's not like you are required to work a daily MP farming shift to buy the best of the best in order to have a fighting chance.

Like, seriously, new Kushi is great fun and she can deal really good damage if you set things up correctly.

I need like 40 million green exp to finish that team tho. (Elize is finally doing work!)

Did you get a prong along with the seven combo awakening activating? That's a BIG difference in damage compared to the others.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

Did you get a prong along with the seven combo awakening activating? That's a BIG difference in damage compared to the others.

Yes, you basically do prongs plus seven combos (average board is ~8 combos) and Elize goes to town. The valks hit *hard*. I am still experimenting with the team and deciding what to inherit and so on. Currently I have mostly board changes in there plus Susano's shield on a Kushi. The damage is high enough that you don't really need enhances for most stuff but I'll probably load one somewhere in there.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 27, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah leaders and subs come and go, everything is ephemeral, and nothing you do now is gonna save your best teams from being outpaced by the inevitable power creep

except CROWNS bitches, my shiny rear end crown lasts forever and every addition crown i get makes it shinier, forever, whoo

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I think the tedium part of the equation is more important than how hard it is. I wouldn't wanna grind that out, personally

Like 90% of this game is grind. The amount of time I spend not-grinding (running a3, that's...kind of it) versus the time I spend grinding (virtually everything else that is done in this game) is marginal.

Like I get the supposition of the statement, but...yeah, you're either grinding for MP or you're grinding for evo mats, monster exp, or various other items you need. The time spent "playing the game", however you define it, is pretty tiny in comparison to time spent "grinding".

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Like 90% of this game is grind. The amount of time I spend not-grinding (running a3, that's...kind of it) versus the time I spend grinding (virtually everything else that is done in this game) is marginal.

Like I get the supposition of the statement, but...yeah, you're either grinding for MP or you're grinding for evo mats, monster exp, or various other items you need. The time spent "playing the game", however you define it, is pretty tiny in comparison to time spent "grinding".

This is going to knock your socks off but I just buy king carnivals and so on and spend like 10 minutes tops grinding (In single player. omg!) if there is nothing to do. The time I spend playing the game (trying new teams, doing stupid poo poo, failing miserably to get above 1% in the current ranking dungeon) is much bigger than the time I spend grinding.

And some times I just don't give a poo poo and just waste a billion stamina because, :cmon:

e: BTW guys, both Radra and D.Athena (well, pretty much anybody, lol) are being targeted with the newest mechanic: Cannot match x color for n turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfapUnszExM&t=628s

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Mar 27, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I'm stamina capped right now in fact because there's nothing to do and nothing really matters except for crowns

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the grinding threshold between grabbing a couple masks off the wednesday dungeon and getting 10k mp per day is not comparable

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Manatee Cannon posted:

the grinding threshold between grabbing a couple masks off the wednesday dungeon and getting 10k mp per day is not comparable

Time investment is meaningless, as long as you can clear it without dying it's trivial. :shepface:

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ok Dack Fayden and Hebug for triangle, as long as you guys are both good with that. My # is 399,466,395

Sure, I'm 333,867,243. What direction are we making a triangle?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I've been wasting stamina by throwing myself at Machine Athena and failing repeatedly because I am bad at pad

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I remembered like 10 minutes ago that I had planned to burn my stamina on more ranking dungeon attempts before it ended. Was stuck at around 2% on both my alt and main since day 1 (got 135k on both accounts the day it came out, got up to 137-139k with natural stamina over the week.

First try just now on my alt:

Main's not getting there but I'm not too worried about it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

This is going to knock your socks off but I just buy king carnivals and so on and spend like 10 minutes tops grinding (In single player. omg!) if there is nothing to do. The time I spend playing the game (trying new teams, doing stupid poo poo, failing miserably to get above 1% in the current ranking dungeon) is much bigger than the time I spend grinding.

And some times I just don't give a poo poo and just waste a billion stamina because, :cmon:

I gave up the farm life to start doing this and it is actually the best.

I mean, efficient farming is nice, but c'mon we're on page 5 of this thread and we're trying to get people to play it lmao.

I mean yes alb farming is trivial in difficulty but on the other hand even if having alb setups is very convenient for me I'm not going to encourage other people to do it because I value their sanity.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 27, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Here's the thing that people don't tell you about farm teams upfront:

To make the farm as easy as possible (because otherwise what's the point) you often have to do a lot of work to set the team up in the first place. Farming myr 50+ times to max skill one of her (and maybe more in the future who knows), that was worth it to me to set up ALB, having the 3 Dios for anything else was an added benefit that could be used for MP farming when I had nothing better to do.

But IMO I wouldn't farm for myr in her current state. Khepri is a nice descended farmable but the ALB setup to farm her is awful.

My point is you're going to really want 3 hypermax dios or even worse, blodins and toshiros, if you want to go down the "easy farm" road and that's a pretty long term project in PAD (I mean, I play PAD in terms of long term projects but that's just me).

The upside of farming is that Z8, Scarlet, and Linthia are very efficient dungeons if you are using things from them that aren't just MP, just keep in mind the drudgery and pretty high cost of entry (for me I barely had 3 dios hypermaxed in 2 months, and that was dumping stam into it whenever there was nothing better to do).

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 27, 2017

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I had to quit out of Titania because I was incapable of either dying or killing her and I wanted to finish the challenge dungeons before they expired

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ok Dack Fayden and Hebug for triangle, as long as you guys are both good with that. My # is 399,466,395
We are actually already friends! [SA]Seeker... and it turns out I'm friends with Hebug, too. Just tell me who to bff :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 27, 2017

DarkFact
Sep 8, 2003

Just as planned!
Just chiming in to the new(new, new) thread to thank you guys for the advice last night over Discord, gave me stuff to work on in my box to try to beat A1/other big dungeons. It was particularly funny to be yelled at over being a shamewhale of Zydoran proportions :v:

Perhaps I should wait to see if DAthena hits here prior to investing a lot on skilling Apoc... who knows. If anyone can see a clear-cut MAthena/MZeus/MHera solo team in my messy whalio's box and is bored, I'd appreciate any other pointers or insight

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

A propos farming talk, I made a new team for farming SDR latents. Works pretty well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2z-_9d7W8o

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Superschaf posted:

A propos farming talk, I made a new team for farming SDR latents. Works pretty well!

this team owns i really like the use of xiang mei

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

TheQuietWilds posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

We are actually already friends! [SA]Seeker... and it turns out I'm friends with Hebug, too. Just tell me who to bff :shobon:

I'll bff TQW so let's go Hebug->TQW->Dack->Hebug.

The Hebug fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2017

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Zoness posted:

this team owns i really like the use of xiang mei

I'm in the business of really expensive non-iap poverty teams!

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
That team looks fun. Who is the lead, anyway?

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Superschaf posted:

Lmao nice, 10k HP in co-op is some pretty extreme glass cannon.

heisenberg posted:

That team looks fun. Who is the lead, anyway?

Erza from the new Weekly Shounen Magazine collab. She's like Yamamoto if he was purchaseable for 100k MP, but debuffed your HP to compensate. 0.25/100/1 on dual leaders.

maou shoujo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 27, 2017

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

maou shoujo posted:

Lmao nice, 10k HP in co-op is some pretty extreme glass cannon.

Erza from the new Weekly Shounen Magazine collab. She's like Yamamoto if he was purchaseable for 100k MP, but debuffed your HP to compensate. 0.25/100/1 on dual leaders.

she has a really low cooldown bicolor active too with the ~downside~ of lowering your rcv but i mean you're farming anyway

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Yeah she's amazing for farming, when you know exactly how much damage you are going to take. And for 100k MP she's just a steal and only very slightly worse than Yamamoto for farming purposes.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'd take the HP penalty just for the art upgrade personally

Re alb: I did alb with like one Zeus dios, a meimei and green Sonia and like Balboa or some poo poo for the longest time. I built this team just to find co-op teams faster on the reddit discords. I wish I had stopped there cause once I got the other Zeus dios peeps online I could clear the rogues with my own leads solo. Then I was told the idea was to farm them indefinitely with the alb setup and that's when I blanched and said gently caress that.

Otoh I'm really proud of my tri-arthur farm team for sttd but I can never last longer than like 500 stamina of farming that poo poo.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 27, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It's so nice when the RNG is kind and a Ronia active gives you 2 rows and 5 leftover red orbs (should've TPA'd them but w/e) resulting in a nice 20-25mil damage to a boss. Just need to get mats to evolve my holy dragon, hera&zeus and the Myr evo grind will be over.

...then I get to focus on trying to skill her and her subs, while collecting the mats to awaken 2x DQXQ and evo Ariel. :v:

Meri, Myr, Probably Shivadra (haven't checked), probably Yomidra (also haven't checked), certain MZeus setups, Dios/ALB, Australis/ALB, Perseus/ALB, Mathena, Awoken Cao Cao, Probably Khepri (also haven't checked but is able to trivially clear SDR so, almost certainly), and Krishna all do certain roguelikes really really fast, if not faster than ALB (in Meri's case, and probably MZeus' depending on setup). It's just that ALB's the easiest to build teams for and the most flexible, and also the most mindless besides Meri teams since it's just pressing buttons in a line and swiping.

Myr trivially clears all roguelikes duo, she's just hells of slower than ALB. But if you do, like, z8 with two true damage dealers as subs it's like 5-10 minute total cleartimes because you only have to cross like three times all told in the dungeon. There's a lot of options to mp farm that aren't ALB, it's just that ALB has the most lax team requirements.

Fair enough. I'm probably just going to not worry about D.Athena (and MP farming in general) since my subs for her would be mid-teir probably, even with inherits. Plus I'll have a Myr team setup within the next week or so (evo mats :argh:) that I need to practice with in addition to Krishna.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Superschaf posted:

Yeah she's amazing for farming, when you know exactly how much damage you are going to take. And for 100k MP she's just a steal and only very slightly worse than Yamamoto for farming purposes.

or you can get a code for her by buying a magazine that costs $2.70 lol

I'm gonna grab a pair of codes for myself and my wife :)

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Protip: you never need to farm MP when you whale like a sonuva bitch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zo posted:

or you can get a code for her by buying a magazine that costs $2.70 lol

We are never, ever getting Ezra in Global despite Fairy Tail being fairly popular in the West, are we? :sigh:

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
Ok goons, I'm looking for a BFF who has a R. Minerva with a GGY
RGY inherit. Any takers?

Edit: Wrong GY

PaleBlueDot fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 27, 2017

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Zo posted:

Wow how rude what about the babby

Zeta posted:

Protip: you never need to farm MP when you whale like a sonuva bitch.
How many things have you had to buy just to avoid capping? I had to do it for the first time this week, though it was just a few SDR latents

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

PaleBlueDot posted:

Ok goons, I'm looking for a BFF who has a R. Minerva with a GGY inherit. Any takers?

GGY? You mean RGY?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

PaleBlueDot posted:

Ok goons, I'm looking for a BFF who has a R. Minerva with a GGY inherit. Any takers?

Do you mean RGY? Why would you want green orbs on a Minerva team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
Mixing up the names of parts of the Minerva cheese team is my gimmick in this thread it seems.