Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

We know for sure it's not Sherlock's kid, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Mooooooooom keep it down. I'm trying to make fake footage to start a war with Iran here."

I loved that the ginger was a huge goon.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
that was a disappointing conclusion. The mystery was wrapped up in the first few minutes, and then we spent the rest of the episode watching the case basically take care of itself with minimal involvement from sherlock et al

I feel like they bit off more than they could chew in part 1, and then second part just fizzled out. I expected more from a 2 parter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Eh, I really liked it :shobon:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I giggled every time they mentioned the victim, Mr Side-earning

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Did I miss something or did they never explain how a fake terrorist attack could be planned so exactly three years in advance?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Did I miss something or did they never explain how a fake terrorist attack could be planned so exactly three years in advance?

They had an idea for how they'd get support back for the president if it was needed, and it turns out that it took 3 years before it was needed. If you don't have a contingency plan in place before it's needed, it's a poo poo contingency plan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

They had an idea for how they'd get support back for the president if it was needed, and it turns out that it took 3 years before it was needed. If you don't have a contingency plan in place before it's needed, it's a poo poo contingency plan.

Sure, "fake a terrorist attack" is the plan though. "Blow up this particular building by putting this distinct explosive (that will be linked to this specific group) into the toilet" seems a bit too precise to still be a valid plan after three years.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Failure to plan is planning to fail.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Sure, "fake a terrorist attack" is the plan though. "Blow up this particular building by putting this distinct explosive (that will be linked to this specific group) into the toilet" seems a bit too precise to still be a valid plan after three years.

Negative Nancy talk like that is why you're not Morland Holmes IRL :colbert:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Tiggum posted:

Wait, so you don't believe that most governments haven't already scoped out an ideal exploding toilet?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I liked that ep. Had a good fun romp and the bad guy wasn't immediately clear.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Pick posted:

I liked that ep. Had a good fun romp and the bad guy wasn't immediately clear.

Meatloaf's looking frail these days. :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well the Shinwell arc took a dark turn :ohdear:

I guess we know why he really wants to take SBK down now since they tricked him into murdering his friend.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Great episode this week. The pirate mystery was cool with a good ending, and Shinwell finally did something interesting.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Elementary does really, really good "follow the money" episodes, and this was probably their best at that yet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I wonder if that girl who was the middleman would have gotten arrested for something. Trafficking in stolen goods?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I doubt it. She's a minor and trying to argue intent in that situation sounds like a big headache.

Also...Shinwell no...

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Huh, didn't realize Nwabudike Morgan had gotten into acting.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

GreenNight posted:

I wonder if that girl who was the middleman would have gotten arrested for something. Trafficking in stolen goods?

If she didn't know they were stolen (hard to prove) then I don't think she even committed a crime. Being a middleman that provides privacy isn't illegal, though not reporting the income would be.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Weird as it sounds, I actually appreciated that this week's involved a killer you don't meet until the end. That should happen sometimes.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pick posted:

Weird as it sounds, I actually appreciated that this week's involved a killer you don't meet until the end. That should happen sometimes.

It certainly avoids the "most famous actor did it" problem.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Pick posted:

Except you met him at the beginning? Albeit briefly.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

spookygonk posted:

Meatloaf's looking frail these days. :smith:

Yeah, it's sad. He's collapsed onstage a few times over the past decade and most recently he barely actually sings properly anymore (probably for fear of exerting himself). I'm not sure why he's even doing tours anymore, but I'm guessing that since he was a rock star in the 70s, he probably only makes pennies on his past work while suits keep the bulk of whatever is still coming in.

On that happy note: have we heard any news on Elementary ending or being renewed? I'm not optimistic, but it would be a welcome glimmer of actually good news if it somehow survived.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The announcement would probably come in March, like last year.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You would think Sherlock would have more sympathy for someone being tricked into killing someone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well that ending sure was something :stonk:

Though nazi magic was a good case of the week.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Apparently we better hope for renewal because this season is said to end on a cliffhanger.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah, that was a pretty dark ending for Elementary. I'm guessing Roy didn't put a hit on Shontelle, and her death is a part of something bigger. Whether it ties in with Shinwell or if that gets resolved separately and this starts a new mystery is up in the air.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Do NOT date people who work at/with the NYPD on this show, dang!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Poor Marcus :(

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Show still rules.

I'm 3/4 through the episode and I loved the bit with the car.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Accretionist posted:

I'm 3/4 through the episode and I loved the bit with the car.

For a moment I wondered why Sherlock couldn't have found an easier way that didn't involve shattering somebody's leg to prevent Marcus from doing anything he would regret, but then I remembered that the shattered leg was owned by human garbage anyway and Sherlock was getting pretty frustrated with the people they were dealing with in this episode after all (the "we will all be sure to invest in plastic sheets" line was great).

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

His hair was significantly shorter last week. This is actually pretty distracting.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Maera Sior posted:

His hair was significantly shorter last week. This is actually pretty distracting.

Never mind that: this episode lacked any scenes of domestic duties back at the brownstone. It's not a proper episode unless Watson discovers Holmes in the kitchen baking cupcakes with varying concentrations of arsenic baked into them. Also we need to see Watson chop vegetables every week or we're left dangling.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I thought this was a pretty weak episode. For a start it had that always-annoying cop show thing of investigating a crime they're personally connected to. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Marcus should have been regarded as a suspect, and it was weird that they never considered that Chantal, as ADA, had probably made a lot of criminal enemies.

But by far the biggest problem? There's no DNA in urine.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Tiggum posted:

There's no DNA in urine.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who knew this. I spent like five minutes yelling at the TV every time they brought it up.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Tiggum posted:

There's no DNA in urine.

There's not much DNA in urine but there's enough to get a match to a known profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I miss Clyde.

• Locked thread