Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Hello.

What's new since last we met?
If I download this game will it break my computer? Is there a new launcher thingy? Can I get AP to give me a list of the top 5 funnies since last year? Is Derek still shunned to his other forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

thatguy posted:

If I download this game will it break my computer? Is there a new launcher thingy? Can I get AP to give me a list of the top 5 funnies since last year? Is Derek still shunned to his other forum?

Star Citizen was released to universal acclaim. Moma was right about everything but due to a oopsie with the wank belt, sadly died before playing it. We all feel grief.

Derek and the Agent are now ridiculed for casting doubt and FUD.

Amen

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bargearse posted:

I got some bad news

I actually paid real-world big cash money for ME:A and I'm actually enjoying it. help what do I do

Good news. You can Paypal $14,940 to Roberts Space Industries to make up for it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
is star citizen out yet

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

is star citizen out yet

It was out all along, and it was a Morgan Freeman.

Bargearse posted:

It's exactly the right level of cheesy space opera I've come to expect from the Mass Effect series, and Bioware's animations have always been somewhat dodgy

I cheered up a little since I realized the Nexus fast travel announcements sound like they're given by 'ancient rear end'.

Angara reproduction must be fascinating..

Hav fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 27, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

trucutru posted:

And please keep this in mind that, among other things, 2.6.2 has simplified controls because you no longer can go prone:

Please enjoy your time playing this game

If it was a real game and also good having an option to control it via some absurd setup like that would be kinda awesome actually

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
How much are those pre-made flight sim MFDs?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bargearse posted:

How much are those pre-made flight sim MFDs?

£60 per pair.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
That's a really pretty setup. It's kind of a shame that poor family can't eat dinner though.

MoMA is still here? You are a trooper, Mr MA. I hope for your sake the game comes out and is loving awesome; you deserve it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Did somebody mention MAXIMUM FIDELITY!?

Skyrim Modders: Hold my beer.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Bargearse posted:

I got some bad news

I actually paid real-world big cash money for ME:A and I'm actually enjoying it. help what do I do

That's all well and good but this video is still hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, are you going to let all those millions they spent on mocapping boob jiggle go to waste??? I don't think crobbler would approve.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Rastor posted:

On the other hand I love space games and I'm willing to forgive a lot of bullshit to enjoy them, so me enjoying the game shouldn't be taken as a statement that the game is good.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

old-school kayak spam shitpost so people will stop doxxing me:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Why wouldn't Amazon comment on the games it's been funding?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1351455

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 27, 2017

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:
I feel like that Prophet of Mercy fellow must not know much about science fiction, or writing, or space, or most things in general.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

e: double refactor

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

thatguy posted:

Yes. No. Maybe. No.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

NLJP posted:

Friend, I've read the fourth stimpire stuff but afaik it never explains wtf a stimpire actually is. I mean we all know the fourth one is pretty lovely but the others seem to be pretty different?

I dunno man i just got questions that probably ain't got answers

System Empires? :shrug:

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Kosumo posted:

Stimulation Empire, where everyone and everything is stimulated. Even the bones that have been replaced by liquids.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Bargearse posted:

I got some bad news

Just blame it on expendable income.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Rastor posted:

20 minutes well spent thanks

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Oh my.

Hmm, the prologue approaches the style of the original, but chapter 1 isn't as confusedly specific.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 27, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxm4rNYxxI

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlkTOtDDB4o

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
White noise poster n.4444 reporting in:
I'm so happy SC exists. It has been constant delivery of fun for the last 3 years (maybe more? Oh I forgot real development has only started tomorrow). Way better than any other games. Just wanted to say thanks to all the constant posters who makes this Trainwreck so enjoyable.

Fakedit: I mean, think at all the fun SC has delivered to you with no gameplay available. Picture how much better it can get.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen is not coming out

/thread

/s

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

his nibs posted:

Star Citizen is not coming out

/thread

/s

This is sickering and heartbreaking truth

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Bargearse posted:

I got some bad news

At least the patches aren't going to be 30 gigs a piece.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
does anyone know how big the current full download of this tech demo is?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Like 30 gigs or something.

140 million worth of space.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

RattiRatto posted:

White noise poster n.4444 reporting in:
I'm so happy SC exists. It has been constant delivery of fun for the last 3 years (maybe more? Oh I forgot real development has only started tomorrow). Way better than any other games. Just wanted to say thanks to all the constant posters who makes this Trainwreck so enjoyable.

Fakedit: I mean, think at all the fun SC has delivered to you with no gameplay available. Picture how much better it can get.

Real development starts in 2 years, stop spreading FUD.

Black Cat tax

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 27, 2017

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE
Returned from lunch to find the following work memo -

as xxx announced, below point no. 4 we are currently planning to refactor

I know nothing about game development, but now feel like I know something about refactorying

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. Usually, dedicated flight sim gear is ludicrously expensive.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Bargearse posted:

That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. Usually, dedicated flight sim gear is ludicrously expensive.

The buttons work. The "screen" consists of different pictures on cardboard. DCS has a few Android tablet mods to create a more functional MFD, but I've never tinkered with them.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

It's a contraction of 'Star Empire' common to Russia.

No, I don't know, it's just something that a lot of googling threw up at the time we first saw the text. SC may never come out, but we do have the Fourth Stimpire.

Edit: DCS renders the MFD to a second display if you require it, and you can slap a button border on that. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

Lilliput USB + button border - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93389

No, I use TrackIR like someone with actual disposable income.

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 27, 2017

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
Are people waking up? Or is this being kept alive by some of us here?

I truly hope more folks are realizing what a stupid risk this project is.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MinorInconvenience posted:

Are people waking up? Or is this being kept alive by some of us here?

I truly hope more folks are realizing what a stupid risk this project is.

That stuff pops up from time to time. It has 200 upvotes though so we didn't have anything to do with it.

If it gets too negative it will just get hidden in the "controversial" column they removed the links to or just straight deleted like those 3000-4000 upvote threads that were hugely critical after the holiday stream was a clusterfuck and everyone was demanding 3.0 and proof of work.

Luckily, like emotions, you can just pretend all of that doesn't exist and hide it with an elaborate forums and reddit campaign to completely smother dissent which is backed up by self-policing backers that browbeat anyone who isn't a fanatic. There will be no repercussions and this completely solves the problem.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Rastor posted:

Lmao this almost makes me want to buy the game to experience the jank in glorious first person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:gary: