Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BANME.sh posted:

yeah honestly i was assuming he already has a day job and thinking that earning an extra $60,000 USD/yr for a youtube hobby would own pretty hard

he just owns a buncha land out in the middle of nowhere and apparently has for at least a decade so i doubt he's poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
STOP! IT'S... ZULUTIME!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Buy a new-old Russian 24h watch, they keep good time and look nice - Search for Poljot 24h on ebay etc to find a whole bunch of different face designs

I wore this for ages til I accidentally pulled the winding crown completely out :o:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armbanduhr-POLJOT-AVIATOR-24h-Herrenuhren-Russische-militarische-Mechanik-/201827974861

Only registered members can see post attachments!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Buy a new-old Russian 24h watch, they keep good time and look nice - Search for Poljot 24h on ebay etc to find a whole bunch of different face designs

I wore this for ages til I accidentally pulled the winding crown completely out :o:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armbanduhr-POLJOT-AVIATOR-24h-Herrenuhren-Russische-militarische-Mechanik-/201827974861

http://www.24hourwatch.info/ used to have all the info you could possibly want. it doesn't seem to work any more :(

https://24hourtime.info/where-to-buy-watches/ has some info

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

THose 24h clocks are pretty swank

I got some cheap freebie color wheel clock similar to this:

but not quite- the Hour Minute and Second are each overlapping discs and theres a white mark that denotes what it should read, but they dont align properly at 12:00:00, the rotation is a bit off and it makes me mad when it hits a top of the hour and the hour disc doesnt line up. Its especially noticable at 3 6 9 and 12

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Or if you want to keep your monies inside the great USA and feel like spending a bit more

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391516855062?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I kinda like this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm still so conflicted about this. i like the idea of providing a service or product for homeless people to sell if they want (assuming we never get our poo poo together and build dormitory housing and support facilities) , but the rollout and branding reduced them to mobile towers (e.g. the shirt saying that clarence is a 4g hotspot)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

i'm still so conflicted about this. i like the idea of providing a service or product for homeless people to sell if they want (assuming we never get our poo poo together and build dormitory housing and support facilities) , but the rollout and branding reduced them to mobile towers (e.g. the shirt saying that clarence is a 4g hotspot)

what if they made it accurate by grafting an antenna to his spine and powered it with kinetic energy from his movement?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'd put up a nice mid-century looking GMT clock in my office, would be nice for when I'm looking at loving logs or cooridating meetings

BANME.sh posted:

yeah honestly i was assuming he already has a day job and thinking that earning an extra $60,000 USD/yr for a youtube hobby would own pretty hard
Yea, I wonder what his day job is - he seems real good at this stuff. I also like that he never talks, so he's got a knack for some sort of production values.

graph posted:

i dont understand any of this at all

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

:same:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

duTrieux. posted:

its slacktivist bullshit for idiots who think being able to like things on facebook while they walk down the street means they're doing their bit to help the homeless. see also: people who think getting something trending on twitter is the same as donating money to it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sweevo posted:

its slacktivist bullshit for idiots who think being able to like things on facebook while they walk down the street means they're doing their bit to help the homeless. see also: people who think getting something trending on twitter is the same as donating money to it

i'm fully aware of this.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

*nervously let's out steam from under collar*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrPossum posted:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
anyone got that comic where "the free market" or whatever is a giant robot and it falls on the mall and a dad yells to his son "We have to help it back up, grab your college fund!" or whatever?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oycUF75ESUw&hd=1

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Moist von Lipwig posted:

anyone got that comic where "the free market" or whatever is a giant robot and it falls on the mall and a dad yells to his son "We have to help it back up, grab your college fund!" or whatever?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
prefect bringing the hits this pm

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BANME.sh posted:

i think in one of his video descriptions he mentions that he does have a day job and he just does this on the weekends so yeah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRebrpB124

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgosh-nqzro

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

gently caress yeah

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol always makes me laff

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

this satiates the 'tism

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

donald, living his dream as a master of ceremonies

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

pram posted:

lol always makes me laff

someone have the photos of the creepy goon who just walked in and took pictures of lowtax sleeping with a bunch of poo poo on a table?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

DrPossum posted:

its u!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Calling it now. I want 10 free hours online

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/PvygN6e.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005