Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
BTCC 2017 kicks off this weekend at Brands Hatch Indy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

2017 Porsche LMP1 spotted:

Ban for Anime

O_O - That car.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
:stare: the car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't imagine how hard night racing is gonna be with those itty bitty headlights.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its still miles better looking than last years Audi

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I miss Audi.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is there a Moto GP thread that I'm missing? I've only caught a few races but I'm into it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

zelah posted:

Is there a Moto GP thread that I'm missing? I've only caught a few races but I'm into it.

Most people seem to is it post about it in the Worst Thread F1

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
There's also a thread for it in the AI subforum for motorbikes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

zelah posted:

There's one in AI: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807712

Someone tried to start a separate thread in SAS last year but it died.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Spoiler alert, Vinales is the new Lorenzo and will make MotoGP boring again.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Counterpoint: he appears to really wind up Marquez, so that could be fun.

Counter-counterpoint: they're both Spanish.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Alain Post posted:

I dunno, Vinales seems to have a bit more fire in him than Lorenzo ever did. He seems to be having fun, and I haven't seen him get mad at not having enough adoration (yet).

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Stuff I might watch this weekend:

Blancpain GT Sprint Series Round 1: Misano
Saturday, 2:40-3:40 pm EDT - Qualifying Race
Sunday, 6:30-7:30 am EDT - Main Race
All GT3 Cars.
NismoTV usually has a non-geoblocked stream but I haven't heard anything about one this time round.

Creventic Touring Car Endurance Series: 24h Silverstone
Saturday 10:30 am EDT - Sunday 10:30 am EDT - Race
Touring and GT4 cars, apparently.
24htceseries.com

Also Formula E is in Mexico but there's another thread for that.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/Toyota_Hybrid/status/847749216420020228
https://twitter.com/Porsche_Team/status/847791346022854656

More black, red, and white :geno:

(I think both cars are pretty sharp otherwise but goddamn)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, they both happen to be German and Japanese racing colours.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

quote:

we still think it's a good-looking car though ;)

hmmmm

Also IMSA slowed the Caddy's again for Long Beach, this time mandating a gear ratio for 1st and 2nd. That actually sounds like a pretty good solution to the torque stuff that I hadn't thought about before

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/139214-imsa-cadillac-slowed-again-with-long-beach-bop

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

please win le mans this year toyota

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

financially racist posted:

please win le mans this year toyota

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Last year was crushing yeah...I'll be cheering for them for sure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

At least the ACO changed their rules for the final lap:

quote:

After discussion over the final lap, the Automobile Club l'Ouest announced a new series of rule changes in December 2016 to deal with cars in the final minutes. Any car taking from .001 to 1:00.000 longer than the maximum time will be assessed a one-lap penalty. Any car taking between 1:00.001 and 3:00.000 past the six-minute limit will be assessed a two-lap penalty. Any car taking between 3:00.000 to 4:00.000 will be assessed a three-lap penalty, with the final penalty, ten laps, being assessed for a car taking between 4:00.001 to 9:00.000 over the limit. The maximum final lap is now 15 minutes. Under the 2017 rules, there would have been a ten-lap penalty for the #5 car.

That ten lap penalty would have put them at 374 laps, or enough for 3rd place.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Norns posted:

That was one of the few times i've cried about how a race ended.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that race was only a mere few months after i bought an mr2 so i was all pumped up supporting the dudes what made my car.

it was simultaneously the worst thing ever but also a great example of why endurance racing owns. i also felt real bad for nakajima who drove the race of his life while his ostensibly more talented teammate kobayashi borke the other toyota driving like a doofus.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

that race was only a mere few months after i bought an mr2 so i was all pumped up supporting the dudes what made my car.

it was simultaneously the worst thing ever but also a great example of why endurance racing owns. i also felt real bad for nakajima who drove the race of his life while his ostensibly more talented teammate kobayashi borke the other toyota driving like a doofus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDLm-4D5UlE

Here's another sad racing moment

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Awww, delta wing :(

:rip:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

What's up fellow MR2 guy. It should be said KazNak has got the better of him in Super Formula.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 1, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, I was sad, but accepting that they didn't win.

I was livid that they got screwed over by the ACO though by some draconian rule that had been conveniently ignored when it was a French maker.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Awww, delta wing :(

:rip:

The Delta wing was cool for five minutes and then spent years trundling around racetracks with nobody to actually race against.

gently caress off Delta Wing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
It's hard to root for anything with a GOD BLESS AMERICA paint scheme let alone a deformed sidecar

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Blancpain qualifying is today, and this is quite probably the biggest :wtc: in a while:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/news/920/unique-two-wheel-qualifier-for-blancpain-gt-series-opener

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Have you considered it's tedious lie day?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
OH gently caress :suicide:

e: VV next ill believe NASCAR is running its races in stages

e2: note to self: don't read and post before coffee

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 1, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol talk about owned

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Aw I wanted Vadim Kojay on a superbike.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

Aw I wanted Vadim Kojay on a superbike.

Lawn darts are a fun, yet very dangerous game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TCR's season opener has a rather miserable 12 car grid. That thing has just gotten more and more sad to watch over the last 2 years.

Meanwhile IMSA's Twitter is posting dogs.
https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/848138831371153408

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Although the German national TCR series has over 40 entries.

So they've hosed up something with the organisation of the international series. I'm guessing it's much more expensive with little extra coverage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I feel it might be both, the grids fluctuate so wildly that there's almost no point to it being an international series since only 10 or so drivers actually run the whole season while everyone else is national series drivers who figured they might as well show up to their home race. The regulations are cool though since manufacturers seem to have taken to them the same way they took to GT3.

Though I did notice they decided to run the first round of the international series the same weekend as the Silverstone 24h touring car endurance race which is using TCR spec cars. That seems like a bad idea.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So somehow the first pole of the BTCC season has amazingly gone to Jeff Smith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So Bob Varsha's on the official Formula E commentating team today. Interesting.

• Locked thread