Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Not sure what the context is here, a friend just screenshotted it and posted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I got to the end and expected it to say "FURY is directed by tarantino".

Also, I have a co-worker who unironically uses snowflake to describe people.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

fullroundaction posted:

Not sure what the context is here, a friend just screenshotted it and posted it.

I can't think of anything more physically awkward than trying to kick somebody in the face through the passenger window of a car. How do you not immediately fall on your rear end after your leg gets stuck?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

fullroundaction posted:

Imagine the kind of person who thinks 150 lb at *fourteen* is tiny.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I can't think of anything more physically awkward than trying to kick somebody in the face through the passenger window of a car. How do you not immediately fall on your rear end after your leg gets stuck?

A lot of these stupid stories would make great three stooges skits

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Commander Quack posted:

From the retail thread in BFC:

I like the part where him and his boss are laughing about the (not-real) woman being a snowflake but then his boss said he can take a break if his feelings are hurt.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Then quit the badminton team and take an AP class.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

How the christ is a student athlete verified on Twitter? :psyduck:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also just in case it gives some perspective for those people who don't know what being a "student athlete" entails in America

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Sagebrush posted:

Also just in case it gives some perspective for those people who don't know what being a "student athlete" entails in America

"player's"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

lol I was a student-athlete and took nine AP classes between junior and senior years, I must be Superman :allears:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Sagebrush posted:

"I'm taking a picture for the website. Pretend to do school work"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It can be done, but probably not by the story teller.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

ilmucche posted:

I got to the end and expected it to say "FURY is directed by tarantino".

It's actually David Ayer though :v:

"I bashed a man's head onto the pavement until he bled to teach him no to use violence. Then I guess my mom and me drove away and just left him there?"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

It's more accurate that way, since only one "player is" doing the work there.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Besesoth posted:

In a good portion of the US, a high school or college football player is pretty much an A-list celebrity.

Edit: And Hayes Fawcett isn't even a student athlete, he makes photo edits for recruited football players. :lol:

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

CellBlock posted:

In a good portion of the US, a high school or college football player is pretty much an A-list celebrity.

Some places will actually broadcast high school football or basketball games on radio and TV.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

hogmartin posted:

Some places will actually broadcast high school football or basketball games on radio and TV.

I see you've been to Texas.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Way to go?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Captain Monkey posted:

I see you've been to Texas the south.

ftfy

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Besesoth posted:

Didn't they open up who can get verified?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Didn't they open up who can get verified?

Cursory search indicates you still need to have made some sort of cultural or social impact in order to be considered. I think they want several links, media appearances, etc.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Cursory search indicates you still need to have made some sort of cultural or social impact in order to be considered. I think they want several links, media appearances, etc.

There definitely is an uptick in verified people who any normal person would think "who the hell are they?". Just look at any response thread to a trump tweet and you'll see countless multi-tweet chains by verified people I never even heard of. They do it for every single tweet to. You would think people would get tired of calling an idiot an idiot but apparently not.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Well, it doesn't say they're English students.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There definitely is an uptick in verified people who any normal person would think "who the hell are they?". Just look at any response thread to a trump tweet and you'll see countless multi-tweet chains by verified people I never even heard of. They do it for every single tweet to. You would think people would get tired of calling an idiot an idiot but apparently not.

Jeez, you aren't wrong. As for that last point, I can think of several threads on these very forums that've long since proven to me that some people NEVER tire of calling an idiot an idiot.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yet lowtax is still unverified.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have been shamed into stopping smoking pet :(

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Trump's tweets get so much attention, if you're one of the first replies, you're pretty much guaranteed to rake in views, likes, and follows.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Verification also exists for people who may have to deal w/ imitation accounts and whatnot, so I can think you request one for that reason.

Boywhiz88 has a new favorite as of 22:58 on Mar 27, 2017

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I happened upon the Twitter page of a professional Halo player and he was verified, so I'm not totally sure what the standard is these days.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Wrong thread, funny pictures thread is over there

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/843691380107083780

The system works

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Paladinus posted:

Not even lowtax wants to be lowtax so he lets someone else be if they want to.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

what in the christ

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
No way? No way at all? Hmmmm.