Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Out of all the old 80's movies that are getting remakes and sequels why isn't Willow one of them? I love that movie. I blame Willow and Legend for making me like fantasy books and games.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

Out of all the old 80's movies that are getting remakes and sequels why isn't Willow one of them? I love that movie. I blame Willow and Legend for making me like fantasy books and games.

Do you know how expensive it is to hire an entire villages worth of midgets? Their union has gotten SAVAGE since then.
Course, they could go the oompa loopma treatment and get one person to play everyone.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought they announced they were working on a script and casting for a Willow sequel last year? Dunno how Mad Martigan's going to pull up, unless they write a good reason for him to be obese now.

edit: gently caress me Val Kilmer lost a lot of weight. Ok, maybe they need a reason for Mad Martigan to look so gaunt and haggard.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Johnny Aztec posted:

Do you know how expensive it is to hire an entire villages worth of midgets? Their union has gotten SAVAGE since then.
Course, they could go the oompa loopma treatment and get one person to play everyone.

Or they could LOTR them and just have the actors stand further away from the camera

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Didn't Lucas write some sequel novels to Willow? Maybe they could be based on that..... if they don't completely blow or something.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Didn't Lucas write some sequel novels to Willow? Maybe they could be based on that..... if they don't completely blow or something.

When does his influence on things not make them worse?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

someone uploaded the movie too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQJKp5KH9U

it is terrible.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

syscall girl posted:

When does his influence on things not make them worse?

Well, he did write them a long time ago, back before the brain-cloud.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I have read them. The follow the adventures of angsty young Princess Aurora, not Willow. As I recall Willow is off doing wizard stuff. Oh and Mad Mardigan dies in the prologue.

So barely sequels at all. Nobody watched Willow and wondered what the baby did next.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

I have read them. The follow the adventures of angsty young Princess Aurora, not Willow. As I recall Willow is off doing wizard stuff. Oh and Mad Mardigan dies in the prologue.

So barely sequels at all. Nobody watched Willow and wondered what the baby did next.

He killed off Mad Mardigan?! Did he turn Sorsha into a fat brow beating evil step mom too? loving Lucas...

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Hirayuki posted:

I still love Easter, baby!

And I think I love you.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Lime Tonics posted:

someone uploaded the movie too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQJKp5KH9U

it is terrible.

At first glance I thought they were making a Midnighter movie :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Solice Kirsk posted:

He killed off Mad Mardigan?! Did he turn Sorsha into a fat brow beating evil step mom too? loving Lucas...

I read it a long time ago, but I think Mad Mardigan and Sorsha got married and adopted Elora Danan, and then they both got assassinated or poisoned or something while she's still a baby.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

:getin:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Memento posted:

I thought they announced they were working on a script and casting for a Willow sequel last year? Dunno how Mad Martigan's going to pull up, unless they write a good reason for him to be obese now.

edit: gently caress me Val Kilmer lost a lot of weight. Ok, maybe they need a reason for Mad Martigan to look so gaunt and haggard.

He had some unspecified chronic illness (probably cancer) that had him in and out of hospitals the last few years. Nobody really knows what since he absolutely will not talk about iirc.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

hell ya

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Also the Willow sequels were co-written by Chris Clairemont, the comics writer.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That would explain why Mad Martigan was fisted to death by an Asian prostitute.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That would explain why Mad Martigan was fisted to death by an Asian prostitute.

That'll be if Frank Miller cowrote it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

He had some unspecified chronic illness (probably cancer) that had him in and out of hospitals the last few years. Nobody really knows what since he absolutely will not talk about iirc.
He denies it was cancer, but yeah, odds are it was cancer. He got it in the throat somewhere and now covers his neck.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He is Madmartigan you idiots and so is my firstborn.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

I need one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rumda posted:

That'll be if Frank Miller cowrote it.

No, Frank Miller like to kill prostitutes, Chris Claremont reportedly likes to pay them to dress like Xmen characters and then have them dom him.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No, Frank Miller like to kill prostitutes, Chris Claremont reportedly likes to pay them to dress like Xmen characters and then have them dom him.

Claremont's fetishes are mind control and infantilization, something which everyone who has read his X-Men run is well aware of. (Pretend I posted a series of "funny" comic panels demonstrating this here; I don't want to explain to people why I am googling the appropriate search terms for examples.)

Random Stranger has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Mar 28, 2017

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dude drives a white bronco in my neighborhood, bet he rolls with this bad boy on his arm.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Googly-eyed Stubby Squid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhYJEQmExE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Octorok

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

He likes trucking and he likes to truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
New friend request on Facebook!

Who the hell is this? Do we have any mutual friends?

Ah. Now it all makes sense.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

top right that moustache is wearing a man.

or maybe his chest hair has annexed his mouth

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

trapped mouse posted:

it must suck to have a starfish for a hand.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

trapped mouse posted:

I'm too lazy to put landerig in there. Pretend i actually did it.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

gbut posted:

That person never saw Braille.

Neither did anyone it was designed for.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

trapped mouse posted:

I've had nightmares that look like Tommy Price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless