Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Hockles posted:

I've used Podcast Addict for a few years now. I like it. You can add their RSS link directly, assuming you still have that email.

Same. But whm shows up in search.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Same. But whm shows up in search.

Yeah, WHM Prime material is still in the main database. But, you can get a direct link to their Patreon stuff, since it doesn't up in their main collection.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Overcast is my player of choice. It's pretty, loads of functionality, and multiple years of use with no annoying problems. Also gets frequent updates

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm still downloading MP3's like a drat caveman.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I just started using Podbean and so far so good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm still downloading MP3's like a drat caveman.

Same. :corsair:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I really like overcast

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been using Downcast for...god, probably like 2 years now? Or close to it, at least. I tried all the others like Overcast and Pocket Casts and Downcast just had the most appealing UI/functionality of them all, I guess. I still have no real complaints about it. I'd gladly pay for it again if I had to. I listen to so many podcasts so often that it rules having an app for them that does everything I want it to.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

I think it just is a bias against the early podcast apps from like 08-09 which sucked rear end.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'll put in a vote for Pocket Casts I like being able to move from the computer to different devices seamlessly.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
WHM is one of the few podcasts left that still works with the PSP RSS feed system, if you want to go low tech portable listening.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Google's regular old Play Music app works fine for me.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I mean if we were being purists, all vampires would have to be bloated gross Eastern-european zombies whose only real superpower was coming out of their grave every night and being hard to kill.

The thing that bothers me is the inevitable scene in every vampire movie where they explain how the vampires work and heap bizarre amounts of scorn on people believing the things that don't work. "They can't cross running water and they can turn into bats, but crosses do NOTHING and they CAN'T hypnotize you, YOU IDIOT"

The scene in Preacher where Cassidy does this to a bunch of Anne Rice vamps was cool when I was 13.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ Incredible.

Anyway yeah I just get the episodes off iTunes or off the WHM site.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Can I just say, apropos of nothing, that the Camp Nowhere episode is one of my favorites in the WHM library? Cult leader Christopher Lloyd kills me.

WE'RE AT WAR WITH THE TOWN, MUD.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

These are perfect :allears:

My own memories of Ultraviolet are tied with it being the thing I saw on the first proper date I'd ever had - met up for drinks before hand, wandered over to the nearby cinema, she chose this...and the pair of us ended up sitting in slack jawed bafflement at the film. And then trying to have awkward small talk over drinks after, which was a bit difficult after Ultraviolet.

Yeah, it didn't go very far.

I just download the episodes straight from the site.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

I'll put in a vote for Pocket Casts I like being able to move from the computer to different devices seamlessly.

I also use Pocket Casts for this specific reason; even picks up the Patreon only RSS without issue. It's nice to catch the first half hour of their episode on the way home from work to unwind and then pick up right where I stopped as soon as I turn on my computer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I use the Stitcher app for all podcasts; it even features a pleasant British lady robot voice that tells you "Resuming Podcast!" when you stop listening at any point and then start it back up hours later where you left off.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Bill Nighy's coming to Sydney for the premiere of his new BAFTA-bait film. So WHM in-joke question or The World's End in-joke?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

goddamit that Sajdak photo never quits being funny

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2017/03/episode-294-power-rangers.html?m=1

Looks like new episode is out and they are covering the new Power Rangers movie.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Awwwww, boo. Overboard was an ep I've been waiting for since I first heard of the show, I was so stoked to listen to that in the morning!

Sorry, just complaining into the void a lil bit, heh.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jiro posted:

http://www.whmpodcast.com/2017/03/episode-294-power-rangers.html?m=1

Looks like new episode is out and they are covering the new Power Rangers movie.

Half an hour in, and they are completely lost on a basic sexting plot point. Did they really need that explained more, or was that a joke?

E: and they entirely think a character who leaves the house, starting the plot, does so because his parents were arguing about him, has only a father.

I'm beginning to wonder if they were drinking tall glasses of water while watching this. "Why didn't they call down to see if people down there are OK?" Because the scene starts with people down there saying they were OK.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 28, 2017

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
A week ago I would have been head of heels for them to cover this movie, but after seeing it I'm surprised they're even covering it. While not great it's certainly not Grown ups 2 or BVS levels of bad and it's probably the best of these modern reboots of kids toy commercials.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm enjoying the episode so far, but yeah this didn't feel like it was a BvS "we have to discuss this NOW" situation.

(Seriously though, people, stop with the grim & gritty reimaginings of 90's kid's properties. I can't think of one that was done well.)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This is all I think about every time this happens https://vimeo.com/120399693

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Well this week they jumped into an ad mid cum joke, so I guess "Cum Heist" wasn't a problem with the sponsors last week.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
This is the first time I've just turned an episode off and moved on. I'm not going to defend Power Rangers. It is what it is. But the constant tired political jokes and guffawing over how bad it was when they couldn't seem to remember the most basic things about it anyway was a waste of everyone's time.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing The Tales of Cowardly Steve.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just listened to the first part on my way to work but it's a good episode so far and the movie seems to have enough baffling poo poo in it that it's fun to talk about? The image of Brian Cranston lying in the mud babbling alien language, a kids/teen film opening with a character jerking off a bull, etc.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

I just listened to the first part on my way to work but it's a good episode so far and the movie seems to have enough baffling poo poo in it that it's fun to talk about? The image of Brian Cranston lying in the mud babbling alien language, a kids/teen film opening with a character jerking off a bull, etc.

That's the thing, none of it is 'baffling' in the slightest.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The image of Brian Cranston lying in the mud babbling alien language, a kids/teen film opening with a character jerking off a bull, etc. 

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MisterBibs posted:

That's the thing, none of it is 'baffling' in the slightest.

MisterBibs is waking up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tender Bender posted:

The image of Brian Cranston lying in the mud babbling alien language, a kids/teen film opening with a character jerking off a bull, etc. 

The former is the ending to a sad war movie, with makeup and aliens. The latter is a joke about a prank gone wrong.

Ain't rocket science.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

MisterBibs is waking up.

"After ten thousand years, I'm free! Time to shitpost!"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tender Bender posted:

"After ten thousand years, I'm free! Time to shitpost!"

He seems to be making sense to me.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I guess if I saw the movie I would understand why it's not uncomfortable to make your audience think about a bull cumming during a scifi kids movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If Bibs gets red and naked online over movie podcasts missing plot points I hope he's never listened to How Did This Get Made or he'd go Scanners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tender Bender posted:

I guess if I saw the movie I would understand why it's not uncomfortable to make your audience think about a bull cumming during a scifi kids movie.

Kids gotta learn about that poo poo sometime.