Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, uh, I guess an ultimate swordswomen is kinda like a ninja? I dunno, I got nothing.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

This explanation is so loving stupid. SO stupid. It's so stupid that I think maybe one person guessed it in oren's LP, and that one had pages and pages of speculation back and forth, everything under the sun.
I know one person "guessed" not only the killer, but also their motivation. I'm saying "guessed" because regarding how much a loving stretch this case is, and how much they got right, it's more likely they had read ahead and spoiled it.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
You know, back in the first case I noticed that the only person Fuyuhiko wasn't a total jerk to was Peko, but didn't really think much of it. I'm not sure what it is, but there's definitely something between them that goes back to the first chapter.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: Now then, the time has come once again for the Panic Talk Action (PTA). Let's talk a little bit about Fever Time and Nega Time. From this point on, you will be able to use Fever Time by pressing the RB/R2 button during PTA. When Fever Time is activated, the tempo will be pushed to its max. But that's not all... You won't miss during Fever Time either! By pressing the A/X button when applicable, you can destroy your opponent's verbal assault. But only until your Focus Gauge runs out, so make the best possible use of your time.
: Of course, you're not the only one who can get the upper hand. There's something called Nega Time that your opponent can use, too. If your opponent activates Nega Time your Tempo Marker will disappear, making it quote a bit difficult to press the buttons in rhythm. So in that case, please time the rhythm not with your eyes, but with your ears...and your passionate heart. If you can't clear it, you can always change the difficulty setting. (I'm not gonna tell them that they'll have to redo the class trial for that chapter if they do that... Kehehe.) Well then...good luck and have fun!
: Fever Time and Nega Time return from the first game and they work largely the same way. The best strategy I've found is to save your Fever Time until your opponent hits you with Nega Time so you can cancel out all the negative effects of Nega Time. It usually lasts long enough that you can withstand a full Nega Time and come away unscathed.

: So as you play through PTA now, you'll randomly get hit with...

: Nega Time. At least it's very obvious when this happens. Nega Time removes all visual indication of your buttons meaning you'll have to rely solely on rhythm and hearing to know when to hold the button and when to release to shoot statements.

: Or you can just activate Fever Time and trivialize Nega Time. At least, trivialize it for now. It'll probably get much worse later on.

: Your Focus Gauge depletes while Fever Time is active but it does slowly recharge once Fever Time is over. Take long enough and you could use it twice in one fight.

: If she used the bamboo sword as a stepstool, it would've been left behind!

: This is the end!

: If she used her bamboo sword as a stepstool, she could have recovered it with her sword bag.

: When she leaned her sword against the wall to use as a stepstool, she tied her sword bag to it... And after she climbed up to the window, as long as she hauled the bag up toward her...

: She would've been able to recover her bamboo sword!
: Nggggh...!
: I see... Not just the bamboo sword but even the sword bag, too... She used them both to escape... Akane said she's like a ninja, but it's nothing as silly as that...

: Simply put, only Peko could've performed this feat! An escape plan befitting of the Ultimate Swordswoman!
: Even so, how disappointing... If you'd only let me work with you... It would've been an even greater plan...
: Arrrgh! You just back off!
: ...

: U-Um...is it true...? Did you...really...kill Mahiru...?
: H-Hold on...! You're just making assumptions!
: Y-You don't have any proof! I won't accept this unless there's proof! Got it, you bastard!?

Music fades out.

: ...It's fine.
: Ah...?

: I said it's fine... Saying anything more would just be an exercise in futility.

She admitted it just now, right...? She admitted she's Mahiru's killer, right? But...is this right...?

Even though Fuyuhiko was the one arguing with us, Peko just admitted it so freely...

: "Among flowers, the cherry blossom. Among men, the samurai." I commend your decisiveness, at least...
: Very well. If you admit it, this ends now! Let's cast our votes!
: Agreed... Hurry up and vote...

: Ah, hold on. Let me confirm one thing first.
: ...Can it wait until after the voting?
: This is important and it relates to the voting... It's about Peko's motive.
: ...My motive?

: In the end, you had no connection to the events depicted in "Twilight Syndrome Murder Case," right?
: Then...why did you kill Mahiru?
: Hmph, so it's about that... Let's see...if I must answer that question...

: I must say...it was for the sake of justice...

...Huh?

: Justice...?

: In order to...protect the justice of this world.

...Huh?

: I do not sully my hands to satisfy personal grudges... There is only one reason I kill...
: For the sake of protecting justice!
: Y-You... What are you saying...?

: Justice is what makes humans human... It's a virtue that human beings should be proud of. Justice is the eternal sun...and the enduring moon... The protective father...and the smiling mother...
: H-Helloooo...? Earth to Peko...?
: If justice ever disappeared from this world...
: The world would immediately freeze, and people's smiles would vanish...

: I...will not allow that...!
: I-It's fine... Just stop it...!
: Justice must always be there to guide us, to shine bright above our heads!
: I-I'm telling you to stop it!
: So I must fight! I must continue to fight to protect justice!
: Th-This is... Could she be...!?

: As the light of justice shines upon my mask...I expose the hearts of malevolent evil...

: Justice Complete!
: The center of justice that is pierced by justice! The lead star of justice that shines in the night sky!

: That would be me...Sparkling Justice!
: Now then...let's execute justice!
: WH-WH-WH-WH-WH-WHA-!?
: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK!?

: P-Peko...what are you doing!?
: I am Sparkling Justice...
: In the name of sparkling, shining justice, I have come to deliver justice!
: Wh-What's going on? What's this...chill...?
: A-blub-blub-blub-blub... Peko...finally snapped...!

: E-Everyone, please be careful! Sparkling Justice is a serial killer who claims to be an ally of justice! Clad in her various hero masks, she is a serial killer who exclusively targets other criminals...
: She is supposed to be...but, huh?
: An ally of justice...? So that's why you're wearin' a mask!
: This mask is the dividing line. Just like various idols... The sun is revered because it lies just beyond your grasp...

: Justice should also be the same!
: So at this point almost every line Peko says is followed by a ridiculous smiley. I'm not transcribing them because they are about 500% too crazy for me. Like, most of them are too crazy for me to even replace with SA emotes. Watch the video if you want to see how ridiculous they get.
: I-I don't get it but...but this is...becoming...really crazy!

What...? What the heck...is this...? Peko is the killer...? Why...is it turning out like this...?

: Th-This is turning out to be a surprising turn of events!
: Zzz...zzzzz...zzzzz...
: H-Hey! Now's not the time for you to be sleeping! ...Take a look, it's a killer!
: Zzz...zzz...zzz... This again...?
: Huh? Sleep-talking?

: ...So what's your answer to my previous question? Why did you kill Mahiru?
: This world must always be bathed in the light of justice. I must not allow even one shadow...
: Evil must be eliminated immediately!
: No matter what, I must not overlook evil!

: Evil...? Are you saying Mahiru is...?
: If you knew about that incident...then you must've played the game, am I right?
: And because of that, I was able to find the killer's accomplice hiding on this island like a sewer rat...
: Th-Then...the reason you killed Mahiru was...

: To protect justice, of course! In order to protect justice...I have become its merciless sword! And...executed justice!

: H-Holy crap...! She's such a stereotypical psychopath!
: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! She's so gross!

Music fades out.

: ...Peko...is this your true identity?
: My true identity...? Hmph, I have already forgotten who I am...
: It just shows my determination! My determination to protect by throwing away what's most important!
: I'm willing to become anybody to shower this world with justice!

: Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!
: Gh...! I can't stand this anymore! Let's just end this farce already!

End it...?

H-He's right... This...we need to end this already...! The killer... In the end, there's no mistake that it was Peko all along.

: L-Let's go over this incident one more time and then...let's end this!

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
And now I don't feel so bad that she'll be leaving us.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Knowing this was coming, I laughed every time someone said that Peko was the sane one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

quote:

: WH-WH-WH-WH-WH-WHA-!?
: WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK!?

Pictured: My reaction to this twist.

Also: Does justice even sound like a word anymore? Not to me, at least now.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 29, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Rogue 7 posted:

And now I don't feel so bad that she'll be leaving us.

Yep, good riddance.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Knowing this was coming, I laughed every time someone said that Peko was the sane one.

Me too. EDIT: Actually, that's a lie, I forgot about this scene. I did remember she was nuts though.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 29, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I'm just spitballing here but the context to the letters to Mahiru and Hiyoko make me feel like they could only be from each other. Maybe Peko witnessed Mahiru knocking out Hiyoko to try and kill her, then Peko killed Mahiru out of "justice" and attempted framing Hiyoko? I know this doesn't make much sense to save someone then attempt framing them, but framing someone in this case already is leading everyone to certain death. Besides this entire update is showing she's loving nuts anyway.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Sh-poo poo. :vince:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Welp, that sure was a thing that just happened

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

What.. the... what the hell. Just... What the hell.

I was not expecting Peko to be bat poo poo insane.... Though I did get a laugh when monokuma was sleeping because he's "seen this before"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Fabulousvillain posted:

I'm just spitballing here but the context to the letters to Mahiru and Hiyoko make me feel like they could only be from each other. Maybe Peko witnessed Mahiru knocking out Hiyoko to try and kill her, then Peko killed Mahiru out of "justice" and attempted framing Hiyoko? I know this doesn't make much sense to save someone then attempt framing them, but framing someone in this case already is leading everyone to certain death. Besides this entire update is showing she's loving nuts anyway.

You mean you believe that the identical letters in the identical handwriting using the identical phrasing were written by two different people?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Hey, at least we got a clear look at that window grill. Now it's clear that all Peko had to do was put the entirety of her weight on her shinai, pull herself up to the window which was probably just barely where her fingers could touch, and then hop right through it while also managing to lift the grate open and then the window outward.

Of course, that escape is one of the less absurd things about this case. There's more, just wait.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Fabulousvillain posted:

Maybe Peko witnessed Mahiru knocking out Hiyoko to try and kill her, then Peko killed Mahiru out of "justice" and attempted framing Hiyoko? I know this doesn't make much sense to save someone then attempt framing them, but framing someone in this case already is leading everyone to certain death. Besides this entire update is showing she's loving nuts anyway.
Mahiru (the game's Girl D) was the target all along seeing as she helped destroy evidence of the murder of Kuzuryu's sister (Dead Girl) and cover up for Sato (Girl E). This makes her an accomplice to murder, according to Sparkling Justice. Saionji was likely intended to be the scapegoat.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Is... Is she for real? I mean seriously, what?

Hmm... I wonder what Sonia will have to say about this development. Wait, didn't she say something about the catchphrase needing to be translated? Actually nevermind, she's not from Japan she of course it would be translated into her native tongue. Although that would mean the interviewer was from her country... Ah whatever, I'm probably overthinking this.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 29, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

You mean you believe that the identical letters in the identical handwriting using the identical phrasing were written by two different people?

I don't remember it saying the writing is identical, just thought the actual words in it are so vague that it screams trap or they were actually meeting up for something. The thought of both of them being that stupid sounds ridiculous to me, but this is a game with that bamboo sword puzzle so I must be giving too much credit.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alright, I did see Peko actually doing the deed, and her having a serial killer alter ego isn't surprising but that is a lot of justice.

I didn't pay for this much justice, I don't need this much justice, please take some justice back please game.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Peko Justice, Ace Murderer.

I'd play it.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
What the actual gently caress. I honestly can't say I was expecting ... that.

Guess it's kind of impossible for there not to be a link between Fuyuhiko and Peyo now, given her interruption. Maybe she's trying to take a dive on his behalf? But surely that makes no sense because he would die and she would live if they didn't ping her as the killer? E: Unless of course there was some JUSTICE back there I missed...

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: The Closing Argument never really changes in mechanics so there's nothing special to note here!

: Here's everything that happened in this case!

: (Don't forget to read right to left!)

: The incident began this morning...when Mahiru spoke to Hiyoko.

: Mahiru most likely played "Twilight Syndrome Murder Case," the video game provided to us as the motive... She probably wanted to discuss it with someone else who also appeared in the game as a character. Hiyoko accepted Mahiru's invitation and they promised to have a more detailed conversation about it later.

: However...someone else overheard their exchange: the killer.

: The killer eavesdropped on their conversation and used their promise to devise a specific murder plan... By preparing a specific item, they planned to manipulate the two's actions.

: That item was the letters... They sent fake letters to both Mahiru and Hiyoko.

: The letter Mahiru received told her to come to the beach house at 2:30 p.m....

: And the letter Hiyoko received told her to come to the beach house at exactly 2:00 p.m. By providing different times, the killer was able to lure them to the beach house separately.

: Hiyoko totally trusted that letter, showed up at the beach house at 2:00 p.m. just like it said...

: ...and was drugged into unconsciousness by the killer lying in wait.

: After putting Hiyoko to sleep, the killer immediately hid her inside the closet so they could frame her as the killer later.

: At 2:30 p.m., Mahiru arrived at the beach house. She was completely unaware that she'd been targeted for murder...

: Approaching her from behind, the killer struck the defenseless Mahiru with a specific weapon: The metal bat that was left at the scene of the crime.

: The bat was brought down onto the back of Mahiru's head, and with that, she took her last breath... According to Mikan's autopsy...Mahiru died instantly, so she probably never knew who killed her...

: With that, the killer achieved their goal of killing Mahiru and began to tamper with the crime scene.

: They dragged Mahiru's body so that it blocked the door leading to the road...

: Also, the mask found at the scene of the crime was something the killer personally left... I'm not really sure why... My guess is it's something similar to a calling card.

: That's how the crime scene we discovered was created.

: However, by moving Mahiru's body, the killer got blood splatter on them. Plus, the shower room had no water because it was out of order, so they couldn't wash it off... But the killer expected something like that to happen. Instead of the shower, the killer used something else to wash the blood off their body.

: They used plastic water bottles that were inside the beach house refrigerator.

: We can assume they carried the bottles to the shower room before the sequence of events had happened... In place of showering, they washed the blood off their body with water bottles instead. However... They had no choice but to dispose of the empty bottles in the beach house's trash can. Littering is against the rules, and it would've taken too much time to throw them away somewhere else.

: After the killer washed off the blood, they hid in a specific spot inside the closet Hiyoko was in.

: The killer hid inside the surfboard case that they had already emptied beforehand.

: After some time had passed, the sleeping drug used on Hiyoko wore off and she woke up...

: I can imagine how badly Hiyoko must have panicked when she came out of the closet. I mean, she made plans to see Mahiru, who lay dead right in front of her...

: From the shock and panic of being considered a murder suspect, Hiyoko fled from the beach house.

: Because of that, she left footprints in the sand. Everything was a trap set by the killer to frame her.

: After Hiyoko left, the killer finally came out of the surfboard case...

: ...and placed a gummy that they brought with them to shift our suspicion toward Hiyoko. Ironically...placing that gummy is what helped clear our suspicion toward Hiyoko.

: Finally, the killer began preparing to escape from the beach house. They couldn't risk leaving their footprints in the sand, so they escaped the beach house using a different route: The small window in the shower room. However, that window is rather high up and can't be reached easily... Which is why the killer used...

: ...the bamboo sword they always carry with them. The killer took the bamboo sword out of its bag, tied the bag to the sword's handle...

: ...and used the sword as a stepstool to reach the small window, while holding the sword bag in their hand.

: As long as they're able to reach the window, all they had to do was pull the bag to retrieve the sword.

: And so the killer left the beach house and appeared before us as if nothing had happened. But...their wet hair and swimsuit didn't dry right away. There also weren't any towels at the beach house... So when the killer met up with us, they said they had been swimming for a while as an excuse...

: So how about it!? This is the truth behind the incident you caused! Isn't that right, Peko Pekoyama!?

: I see...

: And what of it!?
: She's, like, totally cool with it!
: I haven't done anything to be ashamed of!

: Wh-What are you saying...? You killed Mahiru...!
: WRONG! I punished evil in the name of justice!
: That's no reason to condemn me!
: Wh-Whatever! Let's hurry up and vote so we can freaking kill this weird, crazy bitch!

Music cuts out.

: There's no way...you can kill me...

: Justice can never be killed! You should all know that as well!
: Wh-What are you saying...!?
: To protect what's most important to you, you must be prepared to throw away something equally important.
: Understand!?

: I-I don't get it! I don't get it at all!
: Then I shall be direct... Justice must carry on!

: In order to keep justice, to keep me, alive, you all must give up your lives!
: Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!?
: A-Are you serious...?
: It's not serious...it's justice! If I fall here...who will combat the evils of this world!?
: Now...follow your hearts of justice that reside within you all...and save my life to protect justice...! Hurry and carry on justice!

: G-Gimme a break! Who's gonna die for you!?
: I-If we let Peko go... We're all gonna get killed...
: For the sake of grand justice, a few sacrifices are unavoidable!
: A f-few sacrifices!? Th-That's-!
: Don't worry... The justice that you give your life to protect will never go to waste...

: I-I can't stand her anymore! Let's vote already and execute her!
: U-Um... However...b-before we do that...

: Monokuma! The vote! Hurry up and let us vote alreadyyyyyyy!

: *snore*...I'm awake!
: Ah! He finally woke up!
: I've heard your story! Well...I wasn't listening, but who cares!?
: Now then, please pull the lever in front of you and cast your vote.
: Who will be chosen as the blackened!? Will you make the right choice or the dreadfully wrong one!?

: Puhuhu! Such heart-pounding excitement!

: Pardon me! Can we please have a little more time!?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Oh good. Now we can iron out what Fuyuhiko has going on with this case.

(And possibly avoiding having everyone die because that's exactly what I'd expect given what JUSTICE PEKO has been saying.)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

At the very least I'm hoping that someone can point out to peko that dude you just tried to murder everyone here through the trial, justice my rear end. You know, with a bit more detail than crying out to kill her NOW

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I not to sure about Peko washing herself before waiting for Hiyoko to show up. Wouldn't she have been dry by the time she got to the dinner? It was about half an hour between when she killed Mahiru and when she arrived.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

BlazeEmblem posted:

I not to sure about Peko washing herself before waiting for Hiyoko to show up. Wouldn't she have been dry by the time she got to the dinner? It was about half an hour between when she killed Mahiru and when she arrived.

That's not right. Hiyoko arrived half an hour before Mahiru. Peko would have had to wash the blood off before hiding in the surfboard case though, because anyone finding blood in there would have thought it strange indeed. Peko would also have lost some more of the water on her body to the wall as she climbed through the window.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Wait, is there still more to the trial or is that the legit ending? I'm sure do to that last picture and line.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Talow posted:

Wait, is there still more to the trial or is that the legit ending? I'm sure do to that last picture and line.

We've found the culprit but there's more stupid stuff to reveal.

(Then again, I remembered that reveal, but not the current one.)

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, I expressed curiosity as to what Sonia has to say, but I'm surprised it's taking her this long to say it...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking - how exact is the littering rule? Why is leaving the metal bat and the mask behind not considered littering?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

That's not right. Hiyoko arrived half an hour before Mahiru. Peko would have had to wash the blood off before hiding in the surfboard case though, because anyone finding blood in there would have thought it strange indeed. Peko would also have lost some more of the water on her body to the wall as she climbed through the window.

Mahiru arrived at 2:30, but Peko arrived at the dinner close to the meeting time, which was at 3:00. Other than that , the rest of your post makes sense.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Carbon dioxide posted:

I was thinking - how exact is the littering rule? Why is leaving the metal bat and the mask behind not considered littering?

Because the bat and mask were indoors. If she disposed of the bottles in a bush or something that'd be littering.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Carbon dioxide posted:

I don't have the real answer, but I'm gonna assume littering refers to tossing trash outside to be carried by the wind or into the ocean. So maybe leaving something inside a building is okay? But does that mean you can't leave a corpse outside or in the ocean? I just made more questions than I answered sorry.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Fabulousvillain posted:

I don't have the real answer, but I'm gonna assume littering refers to tossing trash outside to be carried by the wind or into the ocean. So maybe leaving something inside a building is okay? But does that mean you can't leave a corpse outside or in the ocean? I just made more questions than I answered sorry.

I wouldn't call corpses trash, though I do think Monokuma would object to leaving a corpse in the ocean (or ensure it washed ashore) because you can't have a trial without a body discovery announcement and he does love his trials.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I think Sonia has noticed that Peko seems to be trying to bury everyone under a blizzard of the word "justice", without conveying any actual information or evidence to support her claim that killing Mahiru was executing justice or elaborating on what justice s under her moral code.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Mahiru arrived at 2:30, but Peko arrived at the dinner close to the meeting time, which was at 3:00. Other than that , the rest of your post makes sense.

Not sure what anything I said has to do with the time Peko arrived at the diner. I suggested that Peko would have likely washed the blood off her body before hiding in the surfboard case to avoid getting blood in it or the closet (Likely as in it is probable, but not certain), and that leaving through the window would have rubbed more of the remaining water off on the wall from the contact.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Qrr posted:

I wouldn't call corpses trash, though I do think Monokuma would object to leaving a corpse in the ocean (or ensure it washed ashore) because you can't have a trial without a body discovery announcement and he does love his trials.

Bury them in sand. "A body has been found, autopsy shows they died over 2 weeks ago. Good luck Hajime."

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Fabulousvillain posted:

Bury them in sand. "A body has been found, autopsy shows they died over 2 weeks ago. Good luck Hajime."

To be fair, they'd probably notice the person was missing much sooner than that.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

I think Sonia has noticed that Peko seems to be trying to bury everyone under a blizzard of the word "justice", without conveying any actual information or evidence to support her claim that killing Mahiru was executing justice or elaborating on what justice s under her moral code.
If Twilight Syndrome Murder Case is indeed based on real events, and it appears to be, the Mahiru was accomplice to murder of Fuyuhiko's sister. So Peko did kill a killer, as is Sparkling Justice's M.O.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Or is it Sputnik posted:

So Peko did kill a killer, as is Sparkling Justice's M.O.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Mahiru was accomplice to murder of Fuyuhiko's sister.

I'm sorry, could you read that again? Sparkling Justice's M.O. is to murder killers, and Mahiru was the accomplice-after-the-fact.

Even on this deranged island, where an accident can count as murder, accomplice is different than killer. Mahiru isn't a killer. She didn't kill anyone. She didn't help anyone kill anyone. She covered up for someone afterwards. You've swallowed too much of the snow of justice. You're missing the contradictions.

If Peko really is "Sparking Justice", and what the Twilight Syndrome game presented counts as proof of murder enough for Mahiru to be judged guilty by that standard, than why is Fuyuhiko alive? He ACTUALLY murdered someone according to the Twilight Syndrome game. And more importantly, why is Nagito alive? He was also attempting murder and acted as an accomplice to that cook guy, and he has declared his intention to act as an accomplice for any future murderers. Peko knew this before the game was played and finished.

This has nothing to do with justice, sparkling or otherwise. You just got Pekowned, foo'.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

If Justice is to Sparking Justice Peko as Hope is to Grown Up Negito, then aiding an accomplice to commiting a crime and then taking credit for it just to get everyone on the island killed (for justice) sounds like a fine plan.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Point: It's more common in horror stories, but what Mahiru did (photographing the dead girl) could be seen as disrespecting the dead and robbing her of her dignity, which is a HUGE no-no in a lot of cultures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

One loose end that hasn't been resolved is the three people who discovered the body. The announcement was made when Kazuichi found Mahiru. If he was the third person, then before him was Hiyoko and one other person who still hasn't been identified. It would be weird for the game to have Nagito make a point of establishing that the killer did not count for the body discovery announcement, and then not bring it up again.

I'm thinking either Peko is the killer and is protecting an accomplice, or Peko is not the killer and is protecting the real killer (kinda like MrYar is suggesting)
I'm leaning towards the former, because I feel like as is we don't have enough information to pin the murder on someone else, but leaving the mystery accomplice as a dangling thread could work with the traitor thing Monokuma's been talking about

• Locked thread