Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Hikaru Nara now in bang dream's song shop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Good show, though not great show

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
Man, I installed Bang Dream just in time for Starlight Stage to snag me again, so I have fallen into the "open once a day to collect stuff, don't play game" hole. It's a cool game but there are only so many hours in a day.

Starlight stage is doing a Fate GO style "Buy a whole bunch of Premium currency and you get an SSR Draw. Give in already" thing, which is pretty tempting.
https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/846315892724031488

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did they announce that? I know they did a premium SSR ticket thing after the last cinfes but afaik that tweet just announces the cinfes starting tomorrow

yay cinfes

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
sweet, sweet 3% SSR rate, giving us odd amounts of hope

I think my drawing this year is going to be dependent on what the leader skills are.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how to use my new arisa sticker?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
you mean the reward in bang dream?

the uh, second tab in the sticker screen says rare (I think it's the second), it should be there.

For the record, the 3d tab is the most recently used ones, and that's great because you can't swipe between the three screens of the regular stamps.

also doesn't that tweet say it starts on the 28th, or like, in an hour?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

the uh, second tab in the sticker screen says rare (I think it's the second), it should be there.

If it's not there, it's not there for me either and I have no idea why.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

is it in your present box?

because there, that's the point of it: event rewards end up there too, if you haven't poked your head in recently

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

No, I took it out of there almost immediately. However, talking about it seems to have made it spontaneously appear where it's supposed to be, because it definitely wasn't there a few hours ago and now it is.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, that works.

There's a spot for a 3d minigame in tokyo 7th's new private training mode, but I have no idea if that's something to unlock or not. I will say that 50 flicks in 40s is a pretty bullshit full combo/clear requirement, and that the flappy-bird voice training isn't too horrible.

However, I found something special. You see, apparently idols can request private lessons, at what I'm assuming are intended to be reasonable times, like 19h. Except this seems to be the one Japanese game that takes note of time zones. So… that request for 19h is instead at 6–7h, which the game correctly displays as 6–7h.

Like, the one time you'd want it to use the local clock…

Ah, except I did a lesson at ~19h, so… it just went "okay what's 24 hours from now?" and used that local time as its basis? It kinda feels like that's what it's done, except it sets the appointment for jst (predictable) and then shows me the correct local time for that? I'm sure it works just great if you're in Japan.

Also, it displays mails in that little pop-up window and while it's a real cute feature (that existed for ages but I don't actually know if it worked?), it's pretty drat hard to read at that size.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah weird thing I found the arisa sticker last time I played just like polsy but then I just opened the app now and it's missing again! however now it's under my recent stickers even though it's not under the second tab. so it seems to be buggy

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

oh my god you can flick in any direction in bang dream (it seems)

maybe now i will not miss 80% of all goddamn flicks.

also i kinda wish they mentioned what these covers are from somewhere.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I've started doing the flicks like the sideways flicks from SS, and that actually helps a bit.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, interesting, I'll have to give that a try. It's off-putting flicking up towards the notes you haven't got to yet.

Zenostein posted:

Ah, except I did a lesson at ~19h, so? it just went "okay what's 24 hours from now?" and used that local time as its basis? It kinda feels like that's what it's done, except it sets the appointment for jst (predictable) and then shows me the correct local time for that? I'm sure it works just great if you're in Japan.

Yeah, it's when it's inconsistent in these games that it's really weird, like it's fine if it just goes full Japan time on these things.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, flicking down feels nice, but unless you're at the end of a phrase it's kinda a problem in terms of positioning. Flicking out works pretty well, but the timing on individual flicks (instead of hold-ending ones) still feels kinda weird to me.

Polsy posted:

Oh, interesting, I'll have to give that a try. It's off-putting flicking up towards the notes you haven't got to yet.

Yeah, it's when it's inconsistent in these games that it's really weird, like it's fine if it just goes full Japan time on these things.

Yeah, I really wish it were properly consistent, because "in 24 hours" is a sensible guess for "when will you be using your phone again." Also, because those private lessons use their own special tickets, and you get three a day, just like deresute's practice tickets. It does pop up a nice huge flashing notification for when you have an appointment, which would be swell except you won't see it unless you're a) in the game and b) on that particular screen (it's not the home screen, and while I haven't checked, I doubt there's an option to make it the default/home screen)

Incidentally, I looked and that arisa R sticker is a 20k reward. Even after playing a fair bit yesterday, that's still double what I have.

Well, I suppose I've been spending most of my time in deresute, rather than wandering into bang dream every 1.5 hrs. (In part because deresute doesn't murder the gently caress out of my battery)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm proud of her because she looks proud.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/kumamotoaichi/status/846364813663989760

https://twitter.com/huusen_uri/status/846513693126930432
spirit animal

https://twitter.com/kxy06/status/846620317573251072
Recently there's been a lotta Chihiro/Shin stuff floating around my timeline, this was originally Chihiro doing Shin's heart attack thing, but then I guess he realized it's FES time

https://twitter.com/macharge/status/846340410700025860
Shimamu just because~

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Nono~

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

the morikubo scale is a thing of beauty.

I'm hoping i won't be feeling murikubo after the gacha refreshes

eta:
yeah, not quite murikubo but oh my god

Shin pls.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 28, 2017

book
Nov 29, 2014
Oh lord, this Kanade limited is glorious. Wonder if they're adding the other limiteds as cinfes goes on? Would be a weird choice.

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
Welp, I got a whole load of nothing from a Cinfes 10-roll. Three copies of the SR Bunny handpuppet lady, woo.
Got wires crossed about the whole "Buy a SSR ticket thing" I posted before, sorry!

Its fun seeing people flail around going "Starlight Stage is dead! BangDream won!", chill out crazy people.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cinfail

at least I got a rika if not a cinfes rika

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yeah, flicking down feels nice, but unless you're at the end of a phrase it's kinda a problem in terms of positioning. Flicking out works pretty well, but the timing on individual flicks (instead of hold-ending ones) still feels kinda weird to me.

Yeah. That set of four individual flicks near the start of shuwa shuwa whatever (which people pick in multiplayer all the time) still gets me nearly every time, but it's definitely an improvement on flicking up overall.

Zenostein posted:

Incidentally, I looked and that arisa R sticker is a 20k reward. Even after playing a fair bit yesterday, that's still double what I have.

Well, I suppose I've been spending most of my time in deresute, rather than wandering into bang dream every 1.5 hrs. (In part because deresute doesn't murder the gently caress out of my battery)

I played as much as I could manage over the weekend because I can't just take breaks every 1.5 hours at work (actually I'm pretty sure there's a health & safety mandate that says I should be taking breaks rather than staring at a screen for 90+ minutes, but even so). Hopefully I'll manage to stay in the top 50,000, depending on whether people spend all their stars on stamina refills towards the end I guess.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just kidding

never stop chasing the dragon!!!!!!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Super No Vacancy posted:

just kidding

never stop chasing the dragon!!!!!!

I am in agreement with you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah tanuki miria is hella cute

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Yeah tanuki miria is hella cute

Zenostein posted:

the only functional bit there is the sliver of song select on the right

I guess it got confused when someone bailed at a critical moment, probably because one of the other players' leader was under level 40.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:yeah:

Polsy posted:

I guess it got confused when someone bailed at a critical moment, probably because one of the other players' leader was under level 40.

haha that one's even better! For what it's worth, it seems less likely to get stuck somewhere if you don't hammer the "yeah okay whatever let me play" button on the various disconnect errors.

incidentally, anyone ever get the song selector stuck? like endlessly spinning. or not actually spinning at all? I swear, it's one of the more broken things in the game.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

incidentally, anyone ever get the song selector stuck? like endlessly spinning. or not actually spinning at all? I swear, it's one of the more broken things in the game.

I haven't got it endlessly spinning but I can get it stuck easily, just tap on one of the songs above or below the select cursor a few times. All the other songs become empty grey boxes and you can't scroll the list any more.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hosed up and forgot i was saving the rest of the yen on my itunes account in case they do another paid ssr ticket

on the plus side i almost certainly would have used it on rin or shimamu so!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Good show, though not great show

click this for exciting "moving picture" format, in case you wanna see a dude pull a knife on an idol

Definitely not great, but it had its moments, which I guess is better than consistent mediocrity.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

What do good starting 10rolls look like in Bang Dream? Do I need to go until I get a 4*, or is a few 3* okay?

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

I'm stupid and forgot to take screens of my pulls, I had about 23k saved up from when I started and I got SSR Koume Shirasaka, Cinfest Yui Ootsuki and finally Yukari Mizumoto on my last pull (not gonna lie I completely forgot who she was).

Bit surprised I didnt get this Cinfest's card though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Irisize posted:

What do good starting 10rolls look like in Bang Dream? Do I need to go until I get a 4*, or is a few 3* okay?

i feel like restarting and grinding up 2500 stars to do that would be literal hell

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

It's not actually that bad with the bonus 1k from the maintenance or whatever. Probably wouldn't do it otherwise.

I managed to get one with three 3*, so I'll probably just settle for that.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also apparently there are measures in place if you try to reroll. A 4 star is good to have, but you're fine with a 3 star too, since ideally you'd be playing in multiplayer anyways if you want a high score, so you're either gonna end up carrying your team, or they're gonna carry you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

And either way there'll be a ton of disconnects because you're level 34 or whatever.

But like, there's something insane about the way leveling works

Just look at the right two. That's 5 levels and [presumably] the second commu (which is, by the way, obscenely expensive), playing on an easier difficulty, so fewer notes (361(l) vs. 293(r))

Also, I've been sorta paying attention to the score values, and is it just me or does combo seem to do nothing for your score? Like, the reported value doubles in fever mode, which is nice, and it drops to like 40 if you die (but still doubles in fever mode lol), but it doesn't seem to change otherwise. Unless the little +nnn is strictly reporting the tap value, and not the total value, combo seems kinda pointless.

e. This shows the difference better: same card, same difficulty, one's over 100k higher.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I just upgraded from an iPhone 5c to a 7+ and I thought the much larger phablet screen would be annoying but it's actually not bad. Bigger screen makes playing the couple songs that I play with my index fingers much easier too.