Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What really gets me about that is that it's not like Lewis still has to compete with Nico, and it's not like he's at some kind of disadvantage here, he has three championships to Nico's one, but he still feels like he needs to take a petty little shot at Nico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
That's what's magical about it imo. The fact that he can't wrap his head around the simple fact that he lost to somebody in equal machinery and has to do all kinds of pathological mental gymnastics just to warp his reality to fit the narrative that paints him as the greatest of all time. Sadly nobody calls him on this bullshit so he just disappears further and further up his own arse.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Hamilton is Trump.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

What really gets me about that is that it's not like Lewis still has to compete with Nico, and it's not like he's at some kind of disadvantage here, he has three championships to Nico's one, but he still feels like he needs to take a petty little shot at Nico.

Punching down is good and proper.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Are you saying Lewis is Trump and Nico........... Hilary?

Does that make Lauda Alex Jones?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Alex Jones should do an F1 podcast. Show Crofty how to put some energy into your broadcasts. Plus it would be hilarious listening to him explain how the lizard people run Liberty Media or something.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

We welcome Valerie 'Bernie Sanders' Bottas to the spotlight

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Vettel is Sanders.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh my God no please stop

I have enough of American politics in my life already and I don't even live there right now

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
But no yes okay and for the record that makes Vettel... Obama?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Alonso is Obama, obviously.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Vettel is Calvin Coolidge

Pirate Radar posted:

Oh my God no please stop

I have enough of American politics in my life already and I don't even live there right now

The spaceflight thread in SAL is having a sexism argument right now because a scientist wore a bad shirt with sexy women on it on an internet stream. Now Alex jones in f1?

D&D is leaking.

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 29, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TurboDrizzle posted:

The spaceflight thread in SAL is having a sexism argument right now because a scientist wore a bad shirt with sexy women on it on an internet stream. Now Alex jones in f1?

D&D is leaking.

What, the same thing from like two years ago with the guy wearing the sexy women shirt or a new sexism thing in science?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I checked and I reckon Nico out-qualified Ham 5 times in 2016 not counting Lewis's mechanical failures.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Can't overtake? Just make the tracks wider, piece of piss. :v:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

What, the same thing from like two years ago with the guy wearing the sexy women shirt or a new sexism thing in science?

The exact same incident, not a new one.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

VodeAndreas posted:

The exact same incident, not a new one.

We can't even come up with new sexist things to argue about. Innovation is dead.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you saying Lewis is Trump and Nico........... Hilary?

Does that make Lauda Alex Jones?

Nico actually won though

Also this website says Audi/VAG is attending the planning meeting for the next engine type they are having Friday. The article has a bunch of talking about engine noise which surely won't trigger anyone.

http://en.f1i.com/news/263462-audi-attend-next-f1-engine-meeting.html

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

monkeytennis posted:

Can't overtake? Just make the tracks wider, piece of piss. :v:

*FIA delegate furrows brow, thinks deeply and scribbles furiously on notepad*

Go on?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNEr8EX9qvc

BAHRAIN WELCOMED ALL OF US

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/28/f1-ch...f-6538275/#mv-a

I have no words

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

has to do all kinds of pathological mental gymnastics just to warp his reality to fit the narrative ... Sadly nobody calls him on this bullshit so he just disappears further and further up his own arse.

:ironicat:

Pretty sure I've seen people call you on it before though so maybe it's not entirely LH's fault.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 29, 2017

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Vettle apologists ITT smdh

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

I'm becoming less and less convinced Lewis Hamilton isn't a Tim Heidecker character as time goes on.

I would like to see a film on Nico's story and his rise from "Man beaten by Mark Webber in the same car" to WDC beating out some over hyped British toff.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hamilton got beaten by Rosberg LOL.

Also Rosberg drove the last good Mercedes.

Vettel is Hitler.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lewis wanting to make a movie about himself owns

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I would like to see a film on Nico's story and his rise from "Man beaten by Mark Webber in the same car" to WDC beating out some over hyped British toff.

It would be too expensive, can you imagine the costs of all the CGI zoom-in-on-parts-of-hamiltons-car-breaking shots?
Although the scenes with Rosberg's home life where the stress of losing to someone who's car breaks 50% of the time causes him to beat his wife while screaming "I CAN'T DO IT, TELL TOTO TO STEP UP THE SABOTAGE CAMPAIGN" would add some drama.

*Makes up retarded fantasies in his head to make himself feel better*
*is Theophany*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

It would be too expensive, can you imagine the costs of all the CGI zoom-in-on-parts-of-hamiltons-car-breaking shots?
Although the scenes with Rosberg's home life where the stress of losing to someone who's car breaks 50% of the time causes him to beat his wife while screaming "I CAN'T DO IT, TELL TOTO TO STEP UP THE SABOTAGE CAMPAIGN" would add some drama.

*Makes up retarded fantasies in his head to make himself feel better*
*is Theophany*

eh?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I love the clear divide in this thread between not being a Hamilton fan and mental illness.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I love the clear divide in this thread between not being a Hamilton fan and mental illness.

:same:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

And there really is no grey area to be had, it is a clear divide

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

So er, we get an inside look at Mclaren....

McLaren and Amazon Prime in ground breaking new behind-the-scenes TV series

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I was laughing at your post where you fabricated reality to produce a narrative where Lewis fabricates reality to produce a narrative.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

1500quidporsche posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

I was laughing at your post where you fabricated reality to produce a narrative where Lewis fabricates reality to produce a narrative.

Hardly, his inability to process or at the very least unwillingness to accept the fact that he was bettered by Rosberg is demonstrated by each of his totally unwarranted and unprompted barbed comments after the fact. Or dipshit comments about Mercedes 'disrespecting' him or FIA stewards sanctioning him 'because [he's] black.' It's not like Hamilton is the only person guilty of it either. Senna would convince himself of all manner of cloak and dagger nonsense and latterly that Benetton were cheating which was objectively not the case. Webber claims Vettel was suspicious of Red Bull showing favouritism on the occasions he beat him which was objectively not the case. And Schumacher, well gently caress, is there a driver involved in more controversies where belief and reality didn't marry up?

I mean gently caress, it's almost as if elite tier athletes do it because it helps them stay at the top of their psychological game. I just find it funny to watch is all.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You know who else insisted on starring in their own biopic? Muhammed Ali. Can you imagine if snapchat and twitter were around back then? He'd have been lewis hamilton times 10.

Also Jackie Robinson played himself as well, and Ronda Rousey

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

NtotheTC posted:

Now you've fabricated a reality where someone else fabricated a reality and man it's just fabricated reality all the way down around here

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

TurboDrizzle posted:

You know who else insisted on starring in their own biopic? Muhammed Ali. Can you imagine if snapchat and twitter were around back then? He'd have been lewis hamilton times 10.

Ali was charismatic, interesting, pretty awesome and the obligatory good and cool person who has a fascinating history. Their Lewis has non of these

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Vettel is Sanders.
This is very important and everyone should know that Alonso is in fact Bernie Sanders. The champion we all need but do not deserve and who cannot win despite obviously being the best because the system is rigged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Multiple "Overtaking? That's boring let's get more PIT STRATEGY in formula 1" advocates claiming the mental-stability highground ITT.

• Locked thread