Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
Can a 940M handle this game (shittily)? My friend wants to play on his laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I have it bound. The issue is that every single action needs to be bound to a key. Making ctrl be crouch made the action that was previously bound to ctrl be empty. It doesn't let you save your changes until you fix that.

i changed that key to something else and it still won't let me rebind crouch, is there a config file somewhere with the keybinds I can edit?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

taqueso posted:

Maybe but not well. I'd wait until their first optimization pass in April. My laptop has an i5-7300HQ and a 1050 Ti and with everything on low I still had moments where it dipped into 20 fps.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I have four questions:

1. Are grenades in the game yet?
2. If anyone has grenades could they give me grenades?
3. Is there a map that I can print out? I like having paper maps.
4. Who is this by the tree is that you?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
1. Yes
2. You can have mine I just throw them at nothing anyway
3. Probably poo poo I don't know
4. I cower in bathrooms so no

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Three-Phase posted:

4. I died late game once because I wasn't sure if I was looking at a bush or a sniper. (it was a sniper)

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

taqueso posted:

I play it on a 960M with everything as low as it'll go, and it still gets very choppy in the bigger towns or even when I look at the bigger towns from a distance. Although, that still happens even on my desktop with a 1060, so :shrug: It really depends on your friend's tolerance for lower framerates. The game is apparently very reliant on CPU over GPU right now anyway, so it might be worth him giving it a shot. You get 2 hours to try it and get a refund anyway, so he doesn't really have anything to lose.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Three-Phase posted:

No I'm by the bush. That one. Over there.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

No I'm by the bush. That one. Over there.

No, the one to the left.

Wait no, my left.

Seriously, I can't get the people I play with to just use cardinal directions, so this happens every drat game. :allears:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Perestroika posted:

No, the one to the left.

Wait no, my left.

Seriously, I can't get the people I play with to just use cardinal directions, so this happens every drat game. :allears:

I have a friend who has to hold his hands up with this thumbs extended so that his left hand makes a little "L" shape to know which direction is left. There is no way he's going to be able to figure out all 4 cardinal directions!

Sadly I feel like this is the majority of gamers as well.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 29, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Perestroika posted:

No, the one to the left.

Wait no, my left.

SHOTS! I'M HIT! GET MY STUFF!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
They posted this today which might help with the sound issues people are having.

http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/65.pu

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My buddies and I just call out based on the numbers attributed to the cardinal directions, seems to work alright. It all goes to poo poo when we start calling rights and lefts

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Harminoff posted:

They posted this today which might help with the sound issues people are having.

http://playbattlegrounds.com/news/65.pu

Gameplay

Adjusted movement speed of endgame play zones
Adjusted weapon sound volume in the lobby

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug with the volume of crouch walking

Nice. It says alot about the quality of this as an early access game that these are by far my biggest issues with the game so far, and they're fixing them already. Once those performance optimisations come in, along with mantling and maybe some vehicle handling tuning, IMO it'll be pretty much ready for a full release.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 29, 2017

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Bardeh posted:

Gameplay

Adjusted movement speed of endgame play zones
Adjusted weapon sound volume in the lobby

Bug fixes

Fixed a bug with the volume of crouch walking

Nice. It says alot about the quality of this as an early access game that these are by far my biggest issues with the game so far, and they're fixing them already. Once those performance optimisations come in, along with mantling, IMO it'll be pretty much ready for a full release.

They should turn the volume on the lobby weapons up just to piss everyone off

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Good at that playzone speed change if they are making it slower(which I assume they are), it was getting real rough towards the end of the game constantly having to run for the playzone unable to return fire at the people already in it just laughing and popping off at you while you try to get to the white zone.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

is there a way to have crouch not be a stupid toggle?

i also really hate the right-click 'tap' to ADS, doesn't seem intuitive at all

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

is there a way to have crouch not be a stupid toggle?

i also really hate the right-click 'tap' to ADS, doesn't seem intuitive at all

theres an option to hold down right click to ADS instead, and also for crouch to not be a toggle I THINK

I don't like them slowing down the circle, it promotes camping the edge of the circle even more which is what 90% of people were doing already.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Circle closing speed is fine, they just need to adjust the time between them so you can actually get in a few fights. Add an extra minute or two.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Harminoff posted:

Circle closing speed is fine, they just need to adjust the time between them so you can actually get in a few fights. Add an extra minute or two.

Yeah I meant moreso this than the actual speed of the shield. It should close fast and punish you for being outside it, apparently in H1Z1 you can just pop bandages and stay in it indefinitely.

We need more than 2 minutes between closes otherwise yeah people just won't fight.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

It should close fast and punish you for being outside it, apparently in H1Z1 you can just pop bandages and stay in it indefinitely.

You probably can't survive indefinitely, but it's more forgiving than it should be in the final stages. I've started lingering on the edge/just outside to get in behind people because I'm tired of having it happen to me. Pop a boost and you're pretty much good to go.

Doesn't feel at all in the spirit of the game.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You probably can't survive indefinitely, but it's more forgiving than it should be in the final stages. I've started lingering on the edge/just outside to get in behind people because I'm tired of having it happen to me. Pop a boost and you're pretty much good to go.

Doesn't feel at all in the spirit of the game.

And now he just made the circle closing speed even slower, because of big streamers complaining that they die to it too often.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

And now he just made the circle closing speed even slower, because of big streamers complaining that they die to it too often.

Speed isn't the issue. It's that you can make a calculated decision to travel through the "unplayable area" to avoid or attack others.

I've considered this could be an additional strategic layer, but I personally don't find that idea especially compelling.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

theres an option to hold down right click to ADS instead, and also for crouch to not be a toggle I THINK
if these options exist, they elude me

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm guessing the complaints about the circle speed at the end are from Arma 3 BR players. It works slightly different than in PUBG. First of all the circle isn't visible, but can be seen on the map and GPS. Secondly, it doesn't move in a wave, it moves more abruptly but you can go outside of the circle during the countdown period which allows for flanks and maneuvers. I like the BR system better because you can deal with no-man's-land more easily, but I understand why the circle needed to be visually represented for dumb baby newbies, too.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

buglord posted:

4. I died late game once because I wasn't sure if I was looking at a bush or a sniper. (it was a sniper)

CONTACT. Enemy tree. Bearingn uhh... grid...

(Loud paper crinkling)

Wait do you do the x-axis first or y-axis first?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Speed isn't the issue. It's that you can make a calculated decision to travel through the "unplayable area" to avoid or attack others.

I've considered this could be an additional strategic layer, but I personally don't find that idea especially compelling.

lategame running outside the circle will take 1/5 your hp every second or so.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

lategame running outside the circle will take 1/5 your hp every second or so.

How late are we talking?

I may be insane/massively mis-remembering my experiences. Will have to pay more attention tonight.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

im talking like last 2-3 circles.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
gently caress nothing more annoying than landing alone, with no one nearby, inside the circle, searching the first house you find and getting a SCAR with an 8x scope and an AK plus plenty of ammo, not seeing another soul and then the circle changes and you're outside and you have to move a little bit so you go over to the next group of houses and there's some rat sitting inside with a shotgun pointed right at the door.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Daric posted:

gently caress nothing more annoying than landing alone, with no one nearby, inside the circle, searching the first house you find and getting a SCAR with an 8x scope and an AK plus plenty of ammo, not seeing another soul and then the circle changes and you're outside and you have to move a little bit so you go over to the next group of houses and there's some rat sitting inside with a shotgun pointed right at the door.

It's me, I'm that rat.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I got 2nd today by sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean for most of the game.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nazzadan posted:

It's me, I'm that rat.

Yeah, same. It's my bathroom goddammit.

Olewithmilk posted:

I got 2nd today by sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean for most of the game.

To be honest this is the kind of stuff they should never change. The circle placement is fine and if someone wants to do this and has enough map awareness to pull it off, so be it. The minute everyone figures it out we'll just have naval gun battles and everyone will stop anyway.

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im going to just start tossing grenades in open windows

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im going to just start tossing grenades in open windows

They work. Will either flush them out or kill them if they can't get into a closet fast enough.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Soon he said they will be adding bullet penetration on houses and also a first person only mode. Then the days of sitting in the tiny shack and being able to see all around you will be over.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Should be called "PlayerUnknown's Memory Leak Experience".

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Scopes don't seem to work for me. My guy just zooms a little maybe 1.1 even with a x8 scope. What gives?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

afkmacro posted:

Scopes don't seem to work for me. My guy just zooms a little maybe 1.1 even with a x8 scope. What gives?

Click the mouse, don't hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Click the mouse, don't hold.

Thanks! Made it to spot 19 with 5 kills with a holo saiga and your tip 👍

• Locked thread