Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Star *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Moon Moon

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They all sound like things Meatloaf Princess would make.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Where is that neural network getting its training material? I feel like "swamp" generally shouldn't show up in anything involving food. "Crimm Grunk Garlic Cleas" makes perfect sense though, I actually make that at home from time to time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Served in a chinese lunch restaurant

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Fair enough I say. Fusion cooking is great.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Good sushi rice with a slice of salami on top actually sounds delicious. That's the secret to good sushi though, if the rice is good you could eat it with shoe leather.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I had some rolls that were nothing but asparagus, avocado, and cream cheese inside, then dipped in tempura and drizzled in teriyaki sauce. Loved them but you have to go easy on something like that.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fo3 posted:

Are you thinking of toum?
There's egg in aioli. (e: that I knew of)
To save a debate I'm only familiar with modern aioli with egg, lemon juice and dijon. I had no idea the old spanish/southern france version is pretty much the same as toum, ie with no egg.
Making your own version with egg is sure a hell of a lot easier I found (bad experiences with home made toum in the past and I just remade with egg and called it aioli)

I always think of aioli as just being olive oil and garlic, but Wikipedia tells me that it can have egg too.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
beasy mist

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

I always think of aioli as just being olive oil and garlic, but Wikipedia tells me that it can have egg too.

Aioli is literally just thinner mayo.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Ew, dip my fries in mayo? :barf:

Oh wait, it's aioli? okay sounds delicious

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Jusupov posted:

Served in a chinese lunch restaurant

Totally would.

One of my favorite snacks is ham rolled up in nori, maybe with a little cream cheese. Sounds ghastly, but it's pretty good.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Totally would.

One of my favorite snacks is ham rolled up in nori, maybe with a little cream cheese. Sounds ghastly, but it's pretty good.

no that sounds pretty drat good. maybe put a green onion in there

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

no that sounds pretty drat good. maybe put a green onion in there

oh poo poo yeah, thank you, will do that next time!

content:
Yakisoba dog, anyone?

A hot dog on Japanese bread (so a bit sweeter IME than regular bread) with yakisoba (fried noodles) and probably a few gently caress-you squirts of Kewpie mayonnaise. Best served at 2 AM in its packaged, shelf-stable form when you are drunk at a 7-11 and walking to the suburbs from Shinjuku because you stayed out too late and you're too cheap for a taxi.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
With fresh/summer/spring rolls, the possibilities are endless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This is fuckin cool.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Aioli is literally just thinner mayo.

Wikipedia disagrees!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

These two are pretty! :swoon:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I like the idea of fresh rolls a lot, but in practice it's kind of like biting into a condom full of noodles and vegetables.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

Wikipedia disagrees!

I mean, people can nitpick if they want but at the end of the day they're both egg yolks emulsified in oil with a pinch of acid and some spices.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

oh poo poo yeah, thank you, will do that next time!

content:
Yakisoba dog, anyone?

A hot dog on Japanese bread (so a bit sweeter IME than regular bread) with yakisoba (fried noodles) and probably a few gently caress-you squirts of Kewpie mayonnaise. Best served at 2 AM in its packaged, shelf-stable form when you are drunk at a 7-11 and walking to the suburbs from Shinjuku because you stayed out too late and you're too cheap for a taxi.

Sorry, but so would. Wait! Why did I apologize? Would without shame. Especially drunk.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

I like the idea of fresh rolls a lot, but in practice it's kind of like biting into a condom full of noodles and vegetables.

Yeah they're a combo of sushi and burrito that should work but I've never had one that isn't kind of disapointing

Not counting actual sushi burritos which I haven't tried but look kind of disgusting and exhausting to eat

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah they're a combo of sushi and burrito that should work but I've never had one that isn't kind of disapointing

Not counting actual sushi burritos which I haven't tried but look kind of disgusting and exhausting to eat

Having had a sushi burrito, they're ill-conceived. Maybe getting it from a food truck instead of a good sushi restaurant was part of the problem, but something that big being held together with just rice paper didn't really work out too well.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

(Serves 1)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

The position of the cherry inside what should be the banana's urethra is EXTREMELY hard to look at.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The position of the cherry inside what should be the banana's urethra is EXTREMELY hard to look at.

Too long for a thread title?

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Having had a sushi burrito, they're ill-conceived. Maybe getting it from a food truck instead of a good sushi restaurant was part of the problem, but something that big being held together with just rice paper didn't really work out too well.

I had one for the first time last year and it was awesome, just like a giant sushi roll. Maybe it's because I was starving and had waited in line for an hour outside a con for it, but I would totally have one again.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I made basically a sushi burrito for dinner (sushi rice, a few tempura shrimp, a dollop of spicy mayo, and toasted sesame seeds, all from scratch) and it was really good, but it's hard to eat.

also instead of bread I used nori sheets for a rolled up turkey 'sandwich' and that was good, ok :mad:

e: I would've preferred avocado, and krab or even lox or something for the 'burrito' mess but I made do with what I had

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Can we please have pizza rules?

cleaneatingveggiegirl.com posted:

Ingredients

1 whole wheat tortilla
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 TB red onions, diced
1/2 cup black beans, cooked
1/4 cup pineapple tidbits or chunks
2 TB green onions, chopped

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place tortilla onto the baking sheeting and bake for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, or until the crust becomes golden brown.
3. Remove the tortilla from the oven. Top the tortilla with barbecue sauce, red onions, black beans, pineapple, and green onions.
4. Return pizza to the oven and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Turn the broiler on low and broil for approximately 2 to 3 minutes, or until the crust is crispy, but not burnt.

Girl, that's a loving tortilla. Please.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Where's the cheese?

I know it's vegan, there is vegan cheese that's suitable for pizza.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Where's the cheese?

That kind of cheese is pretty meh on pizza.

Thin crust pizza with tomato sauce, thinly slice vegetables, and fresh basil is really good even if you skip the cheese.

The worst part of the tortillapizza above is black beans.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Wikipedia disagrees!

The career chef with 15 years in the kitchen disagrees with Wikipedia.

Yes, a REAL TRADITIONAL SPANISH AIOLI is oil and garlic, but gently caress that poo poo, the French started making a better emulsification with egg. Garlic aioli is the standard flavor, but cooking being what it is, you can do whatever. (You don't need egg to emulsify, it just really helps. Take toum for instance).

It's like, I can make a flavored brioche bread which is not a TRUE FRENCH BRIOCHE, but who cares, it's loving brioche.

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 08:57 on Mar 30, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It makes French people very salty about doing food wrong.

I love it!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

No pizza rules. Maybe pizza suggestions.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Where's the cheese?

Some are very good and some are ok. There are so many different ones/flavours nowadays it's not weird at all.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Aceofblue posted:

meh, would without the BBQ sauce...it's just a flat burrito, right?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aceofblue posted:

No pizza rules. :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's already a pretty sad pizza without adding 'for one' to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

That's already a pretty sad pizza without adding 'for one' to the end.

Nah, I'm good, Suzanne