Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Just had our first squad win. Two friends, me and some random. Landed in military with a couple other squads and hit the tower. Got pretty much full sets while the two squads duked it out and we finished off the last few. Got really lucky with the circle and didn't have to move for the first 3 and barely had to move for the 4th. Friends and I went down with 18 left and the random guy with us clutched it. But hey, a wins a win right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
gently caress! I keep forgetting that trying to action roll out of a moving car just results in it merrily rolling you right the gently caress over.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Viking_Helmet posted:

gently caress! I keep forgetting that trying to action roll out of a moving car just results in it merrily rolling you right the gently caress over.

I have two roadkills, both are me.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm getting sick of every round ending with tree and hill peaking, they need to get some actual soft cover and variety in the map.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Viking_Helmet posted:

I had such a baller start to a game the other day - M4, silencer, level 3 helmet and level 2 armor, level 3 backpack. Basically guaranteed a top 10 finish as long as I played carefully. I drove over a bridge and saw a dude, easiest shot in the world to make, slowed the car down but jumped out too early in my excitement and killed myself :downs:

That dude hit the fucken jackpot there looting my corpse.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Here's a fun bug I just got to discover in the most unfortunate circumstances. I was in an early game firefight with pistols and when I got hit, the 360 controller I had left plugged in started vibrating like crazy. It was pretty distracting, so the moment there was a break I leaned over and janked out the plug on the controller.

Except then a giant screen popped up telling me that my controller had been disconnected, and to reconnect it and press X to continue. There was no way to get around this by keyboard only, and so while I scrambled to plug the drat thing back in, my opponent just walked up and shot me in the dick a lot. :suicide:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm just getting around to patching - why is it 4.2 gigs for some new servers and very minor changes?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Paradigmata posted:

I have two roadkills, both are me.

I have two roadkills also, though I didn't get credit for them because they happened after my target killed me.

I form weird bonds with my Dacia's, they seek revenge upon my death.

e- Also that's something they need to fix in Duo and Squad, if you get shot in a car with teammates alive you still get knocked out, but getting knocked out also kicks you out of the car. Meaning, if you get knocked out in a car you automatically die.

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 30, 2017

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Just started playing this, lots of fun

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Hopefully the patch does a lot of work for server stability, you can definitely tell when you join a server that's been on for a while.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'm getting sick of every round ending with tree and hill peaking, they need to get some actual soft cover and variety in the map.

Yeah landscape is barren, it's pretty sad.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VikingSkull posted:

I have two roadkills also, though I didn't get credit for them because they happened after my target killed me.

I form weird bonds with my Dacia's, they seek revenge upon my death.

e- Also that's something they need to fix in Duo and Squad, if you get shot in a car with teammates alive you still get knocked out, but getting knocked out also kicks you out of the car. Meaning, if you get knocked out in a car you automatically die.

I think that's something with Arma as well, or it's the opposite where if you get knocked out, it's hard (or impossible) to get the body out to revive. I haven't played Arma 2 in a while so I forget, but a lot of the weird stuff in this game seems to come from how Arma 2 handled things

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Anyone playing yet and can comment on the new circle speeds?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think that's something with Arma as well, or it's the opposite where if you get knocked out, it's hard (or impossible) to get the body out to revive. I haven't played Arma 2 in a while so I forget, but a lot of the weird stuff in this game seems to come from how Arma 2 handled things

It's hardly a gamebreaking thing but it's kinda annoying when it happens. I'm sure it's not too hard to just code it so you are able to enter and exit a vehicle when knocked out. Maybe it is, I dunno.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Harminoff posted:

Anyone playing yet and can comment on the new circle speeds?

Feels less busy towards the end. Good improvement imo.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I feel like loot crates are always worth going for early. I get so many kills with the M24 or AWM snipers, and it almost guarantees a win if you make top 10 with them.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

succ posted:

I feel like loot crates are always worth going for early. I get so many kills with the M24 or AWM snipers, and it almost guarantees a win if you make top 10 with them.

Yeah my squad makes an effort to go for any we see, we usually get them too. I guess everyone thinks everyone else is going for it so they just don't.

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Anyone here having issues with freezing? For me, what happens is it'll stutter sometimes like it's loading in objects, but other times (most of the time) it'll do the same and it'll freeze for a good 2-20 seconds at a time. Makes it impossible to ever get close to winning for me.

It happens at the most random times. I can be skydiving in, and I freeze for a solid minute and end up in the middle of a city, dead because someone shot me while frozen. Or I can be running in a straight line through a field at 80 FPS, only to freeze for seconds and end up on the other side of the field, or dead.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Bardeh posted:

I'm just getting around to patching - why is it 4.2 gigs for some new servers and very minor changes?

Word on reddit is that they split some of the assets in to smaller pak files so that future updates would be smaller. Not sure on the accuracy of this claim.

I picked this up last night to play with some coworkers. I haven't played any of these last man standing survival games before so everything is new to me.

Even with only a couple games under my belt I can certainly see the appeal. My best moment so far was in a solo game where I heard a dude pull up in a car to the building I was in and then I beat him to the front door with a shotgun. Managed to sneak around a bit and get a top 10 finish (just with that one kill) but it was pretty fun!

Still very much getting the hang of the inventory/item system. I'm still having difficulty picking out all the items when looting a building - the weapons stick out like crazy but some of the smaller attachments and whatnot are hard to see at times. I definitely feel like I'm losing a lot of time fighting the UI. More experience will probably fix this.

Fun game. Excited to get home and play a few more rounds.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

succ posted:

I had my first solo win last night after looting a care package dropped on the literal eastern edge of the map in the ocean.

Of course it contained an m249 which I never fired once.

8x m16s are real good sometimes.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Fausty posted:

Anyone here having issues with freezing? For me, what happens is it'll stutter sometimes like it's loading in objects, but other times (most of the time) it'll do the same and it'll freeze for a good 2-20 seconds at a time. Makes it impossible to ever get close to winning for me.

It happens at the most random times. I can be skydiving in, and I freeze for a solid minute and end up in the middle of a city, dead because someone shot me while frozen. Or I can be running in a straight line through a field at 80 FPS, only to freeze for seconds and end up on the other side of the field, or dead.

The only times it freezes for me is when I am loading in during the waiting area. I am getting tons of frame drops and other instability issues.

Good thing this game has kept the ARMA graphical experience :awesome:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Tapping on the top 1,000 in Solo NA with a 0.60 K/D

Feels good, man.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Just placed 3rd on my third solo game. The gunplay feels fantastic compared to all the similar games. Runs pretty okay on my moderately old PC with a 1060 slapped in it. The rubber banding got pretty bad towards the end of the match though.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

MerrMan posted:

Still very much getting the hang of the inventory/item system. I'm still having difficulty picking out all the items when looting a building - the weapons stick out like crazy but some of the smaller attachments and whatnot are hard to see at times. I definitely feel like I'm losing a lot of time fighting the UI. More experience will probably fix this.

It comes with experience, but the easiest way to see at a glance what might be hiding under a vest or clipping through a rug or something is to just hit tab - on the left you'll see everything on the ground nearby and can grab what you want with right click. Much faster than trying to target it manually, especially with some of the smaller weapon attachments.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Bardeh posted:

It comes with experience, but the easiest way to see at a glance what might be hiding under a vest or clipping through a rug or something is to just hit tab - on the left you'll see everything on the ground nearby and can grab what you want with right click. Much faster than trying to target it manually, especially with some of the smaller weapon attachments.

Plus doing it this way skips the pickup animation.

Blooshoo
May 15, 2004
I'm a newbie
Been playing this a bunch. My first solo win was my 2nd game, when the last guy blew him self up with a grenade. Do they plan to add any maps, or maybe different times of day? It'd be fun to play a night game.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
They've said more maps are coming, dunno about day/night cycles though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The idea of night is cool but in reality it would just be a bunch of people with the gamma jacked all the way up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Does anyone know what the yellow segments mean above your health? Are they armour?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Does anyone know what the yellow segments mean above your health? Are they armour?

It's called "boost." Drink Red Bull and put pills in your butt to regenerate health over time and, at higher boost levels, run faster.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Those signify the remaining charge of whatever heal-over-time items (e.g. energy drinks, painkillers) you've recently used. The more segments are filled, the faster you'll regenerate health. If all of them are full, you'll also get a small movement speed boost.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

You actually get a small movespeed boost if 2 bars are full and there's anything in the third. I believe it's a little faster if you have some in the fourth bar. Also you heal faster for each bar filled.

And some people claim that the last bar gives you recoil reduction but I have no idea.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
I bought this last night and haven't had a chance to start it up yet. If anyone wouldn't mind showing a rookie the ropes, my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikaay

I've watched a few videos so I know the basic rules, what to (not) do, etc but I'd appreciate some duos or team games to get into the swing.

Static! fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 30, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Do you run faster with gun put away or lower encumbrance?

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

You actually get a small movespeed boost if 2 bars are full and there's anything in the third. I believe it's a little faster if you have some in the fourth bar. Also you heal faster for each bar filled.

And some people claim that the last bar gives you recoil reduction but I have no idea.

I would think that since the bar fills yellow to orange to red that there would be some negative effects of taking a ton of pills or a ton of caffeine all at once. But for the record I noticed yesterday that you get little icons above the remaining boost bar that indicate if you're getting a speed and heal boost.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Gay Horney posted:

Do you run faster with gun put away or lower encumbrance?

You run faster with gun away, not sure about encumbrance. I don't think encumbrance matters, I've been watching people play this on twitch and I've never heard anyone talk about it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Got paired up with a guy who seemed like he knew what he was talking about and told me a tactic, tried that tactic my first solo game and won it.

Get a decent gun, vest and a helmet and back pack, stay on the very edge of the white circle in a suitable building and pick people off as they flee the blue line inwards, move in and repeat as the blue line gets to you.

Had some amazing fights, including lots of multiple shooter fights as the safe area got smaller and smaller, its hilarious to see a car careening past fleeing the blue line only to get shot by everyone waiting in the safe area.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I would think that since the bar fills yellow to orange to red that there would be some negative effects of taking a ton of pills or a ton of caffeine all at once. But for the record I noticed yesterday that you get little icons above the remaining boost bar that indicate if you're getting a speed and heal boost.

No, see, you're taking downers and uppers together so they cancel out.

willie_dee posted:

Had some amazing fights, including lots of multiple shooter fights as the safe area got smaller and smaller, its hilarious to see a car careening past fleeing the blue line only to get shot by everyone waiting in the safe area.

The best way to describe this game to someone that I've heard so far is "a series of Liveleak videos interspersed with a marathon simulator".

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I'm always impressed by the amount of people that jump out of the plane at the first possible opportunity no matter where it is. Those dudes must live on the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you're willing to take the risk and fight for it, it's probably the most efficient way to loot the most, the quickest. Let everyone clear the area out, then take their poo poo. I prefer somewhere quiet to take my time, but I can see the argument for living dangerously.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 31, 2017

• Locked thread