Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DigitalMocking posted:

100% marketing bullshit.

Not often you get a strong consensus, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Kazinsal posted:

Any CUCM/UCXN wizards here know if it's possible to build some kind of CTI route point/DN/Unity call handler combination that'll just ringback forever? Looking for something to use to blackhole pesky cold callers.

do this. do it now.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/29/it_helpdesk_creates_oh_hold_hell/

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Thanks Ants posted:

Not often you get a strong consensus, thanks.

I mean there's some real difference in the new services offered but the delivered product to you is bits on a wire. It's just more flexible from the provider network operator's side.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oh god yes, and report back how long they stayed on hold listening.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

One of our PMs actually has the extension 5666. He's the bane of my existence so it's appropriate.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

CrazyLittle posted:

I mean there's some real difference in the new services offered but the delivered product to you is bits on a wire. It's just more flexible from the provider network operator's side.

It's cool. I get that there are new technologies, I just didn't know whether we were talking about something new, or existing ideas bundled together for marketing purposes.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kazinsal posted:

Any CUCM/UCXN wizards here know if it's possible to build some kind of CTI route point/DN/Unity call handler combination that'll just ringback forever? Looking for something to use to blackhole pesky cold callers.

You would be better off just blocking the individual numbers on the gateway or in CUCM as blocked route patterns.

If you want to put them into the endless loop you could just create a Unity call director that swaps between 2-3 numbers forever.

rattrap
Mar 25, 2005

Re: SDWAN, I'm an IP engineer for a SP and there are a couple vendors so far providing a legit SP geared solution that does more than just throw an overlay up to abstract transport. They're still maturing and probably will be for a while.

My opinion on current state is that the best use cases so far are more about leveraging cheaper underlying transport like cable/dsl (and things like wireless backup) for diversity and better uptime at a lot less less cost/complexity than business class transport and BGP multi-homing. Whether that's useful or cost effective depends a lot on your needs/requirements. I would definitely not buy in to much hype without knowing exactly what's offered and doing research.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The other use case I've seen here in Australia is customer controlled ability to turn up and down bandwidth on circuits for periods without new contracts etc and the billing is handled automatically.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

rattrap posted:

Re: SDWAN, I'm an IP engineer for a SP and there are a couple vendors so far providing a legit SP geared solution that does more than just throw an overlay up to abstract transport. They're still maturing and probably will be for a while.

My opinion on current state is that the best use cases so far are more about leveraging cheaper underlying transport like cable/dsl (and things like wireless backup) for diversity and better uptime at a lot less less cost/complexity than business class transport and BGP multi-homing. Whether that's useful or cost effective depends a lot on your needs/requirements. I would definitely not buy in to much hype without knowing exactly what's offered and doing research.

Thanks. My vague understanding of it was sort of in line with the replies here - where it refers to something specific and not just a bunch of marketing buzzwords then the use case seems to be delivering services regardless of connectivity. So somebody proposing a multi-site VPLS over dedicated fibre circuits with different countries involved and then breaking out connectivity to the Internet from a central location seems to me to be something straight out of the 1990s and stretching the definition of 'software defined'.

rattrap
Mar 25, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Thanks. My vague understanding of it was sort of in line with the replies here - where it refers to something specific and not just a bunch of marketing buzzwords then the use case seems to be delivering services regardless of connectivity. So somebody proposing a multi-site VPLS over dedicated fibre circuits with different countries involved and then breaking out connectivity to the Internet from a central location seems to me to be something straight out of the 1990s and stretching the definition of 'software defined'.

Ya, if that's it, sounds like bullshit. I'm not sure about 90s, maybe more like 00s for real VPLS, but it's definitely not SDN. At minimum, I think of software defined as having a central orchestration layer/controller and being capable of defining rules/policy that can affect traffic flow based on real time network and traffic state.

What we're looking at has an orchestration layer, overlay network concepts with pretty robust error handling/dynamic traffic steering and a pretty wide array of potential routing rules/policy that can be managed down to per site level. Not that we're using it all, yet.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I have a Cisco ASA 5510 with a primary and secondary internet connections configured and connected. Should I be able to pass packets on the secondary connection to devices in my network (assuming they are setup correctly) even while I'm using the primary internet connection? I thought this worked in the past but I'm not able to do it at the moment. The gateway device for the secondary connection is up.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

tadashi posted:

I have a Cisco ASA 5510 with a primary and secondary internet connections configured and connected. Should I be able to pass packets on the secondary connection to devices in my network (assuming they are setup correctly) even while I'm using the primary internet connection? I thought this worked in the past but I'm not able to do it at the moment. The gateway device for the secondary connection is up.

How is your routing set up? If you only want to hit some specific subsets over the secondary, just slap a static route on there for them and specify the secondary interface.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Jedi425 posted:

How is your routing set up? If you only want to hit some specific subsets over the secondary, just slap a static route on there for them and specify the secondary interface.

This is a good idea since I just want to test the packet flow through the secondary connection. Thanks.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Not really, no. You can record ring back into a call handler greeting and have it loop, then use the translation pattern's "route next hop by calling party number" option to route all those calls into a part with a !/blank translation to that call handler. You would be better off playing a SIT or rejecting the call instead. In some instances, playing ring back when the call is completed may not be lawful.

Blocking calls in the UCM sucks. In the IOS router you can use mapping and reject it too but feh.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

tadashi posted:

This is a good idea since I just want to test the packet flow through the secondary connection. Thanks.

Don't forget to change the routing in the other direction as well unless you're using NAT because you're gonna get asymmetric routing otherwise.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

tadashi posted:

Also while you're there, throw some tracked routes in if you're wanting to use this as a backup line for your ASA. I like to do this method on ASA's that don't have dynamic routes from the ISP.

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 1 track 1
route outside 0.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 2 track 2
route outside 128.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 3 track 3
route outsidesecondary 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp2gatewayIP 200

sla monitor 1
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 8.8.8.8 interface outside
sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now
sla monitor 2
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 4.2.2.2 interface outside
sla monitor schedule 2 life forever start-time now
sla monitor 3
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho isp1gatewayIP interface outside
sla monitor schedule 3 life forever start-time now

track 1 rtr 1 reachability
track 2 rtr 2 reachability
track 3 rtr 3 reachability

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Anyone use ansible to manage arista/junos devices?

I've done some work and even pushed some configs, but I'm not 100% clear on how to push a config based on an existing configuration.

For example lets say I had a redistribution list that looked like this:
pre:
set protocols ospf export BGP-to-OSPF
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term AWS from protocol bgp
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term AWS from policy ALL-AWS-ROUTES
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term AWS then metric 20
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term AWS then external type 2
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term AWS then accept
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term OFFICES from protocol bgp
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term OFFICES from policy offices
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term OFFICES then metric 120
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term OFFICES then external type 2
set policy-options policy-statement BGP-to-OSPF term OFFICES then accept

What if I want to create a script to toggle the two metrics. i.e. if I ran the playbook right now it would find that AWS had metric 20 and Offices had metric 120, so after it ran AWS would have metric 120 and offices 20. Then if I ran it again, it would toggle back to what you see here.

The piece I'm missing is how to examine the configuration it pulls and the swap the two numbers.

pre:
Work:playbooks $ cat get_config_login.pb.yaml
---
- name: Get config from Junos Lab devices
  hosts: junos-lab
  connection: local
  gather_facts: no
  roles:
    - Juniper.junos
  tasks:
    - name: Get Junos Config
      junos_get_config:
        host: "{{ inventory_hostname }}"
        dest: "{{ inventory_hostname }}.conf"
        filter: policy-options
        format: xml

I feel like this should be fairly straight forward, but seeing how someone else did it would be beneficial.

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
Ansible is idempotent so you should just be able to pass in the metric variables you want using the same script to deploy. The new values will overwrite the old.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Holy poo poo now Extreme have bought Brocade's networking division off of Broadcom.

Edit: Sorry, datacenter networking.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 30, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ahdinko posted:

Also while you're there, throw some tracked routes in if you're wanting to use this as a backup line for your ASA. I like to do this method on ASA's that don't have dynamic routes from the ISP.

route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 1 track 1
route outside 0.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 2 track 2
route outside 128.0.0.0 128.0.0.0 isp1gatewayIP 3 track 3
route outsidesecondary 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 isp2gatewayIP 200

sla monitor 1
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 8.8.8.8 interface outside
sla monitor schedule 1 life forever start-time now
sla monitor 2
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 4.2.2.2 interface outside
sla monitor schedule 2 life forever start-time now
sla monitor 3
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho isp1gatewayIP interface outside
sla monitor schedule 3 life forever start-time now

track 1 rtr 1 reachability
track 2 rtr 2 reachability
track 3 rtr 3 reachability

Keep in mind that SLA responders don't work on the ASA if it's in multicontext mode.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Thanks Ants posted:

Holy poo poo now Extreme have bought Brocade's networking division off of Broadcom.

Edit: Sorry, datacenter networking.

Yeah, that's three acquisitions in less than a year. I think they've identified a market that may be underserved and shifting their strategy. It looks like they're looking to have a unified solution (core, access and edge).

As far as I know, all three of these acquisitions also included the engineering teams. Very interested to see where this all goes.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
Does that include the vyatta stuff?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

adorai posted:

Does that include the vyatta stuff?

I think that turned into the vRouter at Brocade. And since they had been positioning that as a Data Center router it probably was included.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

psydude posted:

Keep in mind that SLA responders don't work on the ASA if it's in multicontext mode.

Thats a helpful tip, thanks. I guess I just hadn't noticed until now since all of our ASA's big enough to warrant running in multicontext have big 1Gb circuits on them that do OSPF or BGP peering.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm aware that I'm not the target market for them, but lol @ Meraki switch prices.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
If you have an ASA read this:

http://blogs.cisco.com/security/urgent-proactive-customer-notification-asa

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

God damnit.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

GreenNight posted:

God damnit.

Great. Wonderful. At least we have all the automation we used the last time we had to reboot or patch thousands of ASAs.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GreenNight posted:

God damnit.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

For once I'm happy that we're not at up to date code.

These are the versions affected:
9.1(7.8)
9.2(4.15)
9.4(3.5)
9.4(4)
9.5(3)
9.6(2.1)
9.7(1)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm still waiting on my stack of routers from Cisco that has that bad timing part.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

GreenNight posted:

I'm still waiting on my stack of routers from Cisco that has that bad timing part.

I haven't gotten anything but an automated response as of yet though for our pile, though we did have one fail in the manner described and got it RMAd the normal way :v:

I'll laugh if they are half replaced by the time they actually send me poo poo.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

This happened to us on Monday back before they made the bug public. It was pretty concerning watching them all fail not instantly, but in succession in the span of a couple of hours. I'm glad I thought to sanity check the network aspect from console because I was afraid it would end in a call to US-CERT.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

At least this new ASA bug doesn't brick the box.

On the other hand, it only seems to affect ASAs that are affected by the loving clock bug :smithicide:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Is ISE a worthwhile product to look in to? I'm a sole admin, 25ish cisco network devices spread over 6 locations. Network administration is typically outsourced per hour and I'm trying to cut costs by doing more management myself, allowing for critical hardware upgrades to be purchased. Roughly 120 end points.

Is ISE crazy overpriced, is it as lovely as Prime Infrastructure, or is this a good way to go?

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Is ISE a worthwhile product to look in to? I'm a sole admin, 25ish cisco network devices spread over 6 locations. Network administration is typically outsourced per hour and I'm trying to cut costs by doing more management myself, allowing for critical hardware upgrades to be purchased. Roughly 120 end points.

Is ISE crazy overpriced, is it as lovely as Prime Infrastructure, or is this a good way to go?

I love ISE, but for only 120 endpoints it's probably massive overkill. I wouldn't recommend it until you have a few thousand endpoints or you absolutely need some functionality in it that nothing else can provide. The common things like using it as your RADIUS server for 802.1x and the subsequent dynamic VLAN assignment can be done even by a Windows server running NPS.

Also the ASA bug ID calls out the 5500-X but it definitely can affect the previous platform too.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
ISE was going to cost me $50k or so. I went with Aruba Clearpass instead, it was only $11k. Professional services to implement were roughly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

If you get the VM version and a couple of 100 count licenses it'll cost you less than 10 grand.

But I agree it might be overkill for less than 1000 endpoints.