Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah they were annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

bear in mind when i type tf2 i mean team fortress 2 and not titanfall2

oh ya

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I got selected for the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta.

:woof:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

I got selected for the Gran Turismo Sport closed beta.

:woof:

gently caress you.

EDIT: Post impressions please. I'm stuck with Forza in the meantime.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Handsome Ralph posted:

gently caress you.

EDIT: Post impressions please. I'm stuck with Forza in the meantime.

Definitely. I won't get to it tonight though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

so hey i bought stardew valley on ps4 because they still dont have controller support on pc even though i own it and im too drat old and cranky now to ever give a poo poo about joy2key again

i last played it before they added the content patch, and now it correctly aligns to my autism in ways previously unheard of

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so hey i bought stardew valley on ps4 because they still dont have controller support on pc even though i own it and im too drat old and cranky now to ever give a poo poo about joy2key again

i last played it before they added the content patch, and now it correctly aligns to my autism in ways previously unheard of

How is the game different now?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They don't? I'm pretty sure I played it with a controller like right when it came out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Buca di Bepis posted:

They don't? I'm pretty sure I played it with a controller like right when it came out.

still get a warning when i tried launching it from big picture mode that theres no support

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
store page says it has partial controller support though? some steam discussion says theres a few minor things that dont work well or at all with controller, but theres also a kotaku article bitching about the console controls

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl2iET6Iqek

:captainpop:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I'm not watching that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Man going from BOTW to ME:A is just so... :sad:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Man going from BOTW to ME:A is just so... :sad:

Yeah dude the game loving blows big time. The exploration and stuff is fine but the combat is so loving painful. Do yourself a favour - don't bother with shotguns or assault rifles, make the best sniper rifle you can as early as you can and only use that. The Vanquisher is a really strong choice.

I'm actually angry about it because everything 3 did so well they just hosed up completely.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Putting playing the ME trilogy over again on hold because it's bugging the gently caress out of me that I haven't 100% MGSV. Currently hunting for all the animals with my best doggo buddy DD.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

DD is a very good dogge and I'm very sorry that I accidentally blow him up sometimes :ohdear:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I was kicking dudes I had knocked out and DD ran up because he's a good dogge and just wanted pettes but I accidentally kicked him and knocked him out :(

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Poor DD. I hope he knows that I never meant to do it. :ohdear:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
As soon as I get back from Yakima I'm going to finish Horizon Zero Dawn, that game owned the little I played of it

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Blizzard having a big spring sale. I am considering buying several $5 zergling plushies to give to my pupper

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Jesus christ, BF4 with all DLCs is a gigantic download

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Missionary Positron posted:

Jesus christ, BF4 with all DLCs is a gigantic download

How big, and on what? Halo 5 is 98 loving gigabytes, which if you have a "500 gig" Xbox, that's about a third of the hard drive space.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

How big, and on what? Halo 5 is 98 loving gigabytes, which if you have a "500 gig" Xbox, that's about a third of the hard drive space.

Ended up bein 61 gigs on PC, so not nearly as monstrous as Halo 5. Still hurts when I only have a 250gb SSD, though :(.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Z2t7nq_sU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress I really need to git gud. This DLC is insanely hard.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't care about it in any other game but gently caress me I ran into a bug in MGSV where I had already captured the Jehuty Ibis but it didn't give me the emblem. You can't redo that side-op so I'll never have 100% completion rate. Playing it on PS4 so I can't just download some hack to fix it.

:shepicide:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
On further review I might have avoided that bug. Hopefully. GETTIN MAD AT VIDEO GAMES :suicide:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall MP trial is going on. Big download tho

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

I wouldn't care about it in any other game but gently caress me I ran into a bug in MGSV where I had already captured the Jehuty Ibis but it didn't give me the emblem. You can't redo that side-op so I'll never have 100% completion rate. Playing it on PS4 so I can't just download some hack to fix it.

You can always reset your trophies for a certain game. But that would put you back to square one.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

What bug is that? Now I'm worried

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Fart Sandwiches posted:

What bug is that? Now I'm worried

Apparently I didn't have it, but there's a bug where you do the mission to get the Jehuty Ibis (side mission). You'll get the bird, it'll show up in your animals captured records, but it won't give you the Jehuty emblem which affects your overall game completion percentage to something less than 100%. Thankfully I didn't have the bug. I just had a couple animals that I had already captured but didn't get the emblem for, but for all those I could just go back out on a mission and capture them again. The problem being that you can't redo side missions, and therefore can't try to recapture the Jehuty Ibis and then you're stuck with less than 100% completion.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I've never known what the gently caress is going on in Dark Souls, but I love videos about shenanigans like those.

In other games-related news, I've been enjoying the types of short retro games that I've been finding on Steam, like Turmoil, Broforce, or Polybridge. Uncomplicated fun you can gently caress around with for under an hour and then get back to work.

Anyone have any other recommendations in that area?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Taking a shot at doing the ME trilogy in order because why the gently caress not. Playing as a completely renegade alien-racist femshep because I've never done that before. ME1 has not aged well even with some mods applied.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

I'm up to mission 11. It's really good. The art is unbelievable, the level design is exceptional, and the rate at which they introduce new poo poo for you to use is really good. The characters are also quite excellent! And they went full Mikado on the accents which is pretty funny.

Be warned: the bonus objectives are merciless. If you're not sure if it'll be your thing I'd recommend downloading the demo first--it's the entire first level, and then you can take up to an hour to try and finish the second one. If you decide to buy the game after that, it'll remember everything you did in the demo and carry it over.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 1, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Taking a shot at doing the ME trilogy in order because why the gently caress not. Playing as a completely renegade alien-racist femshep because I've never done that before. ME1 has not aged well even with some mods applied.

if you kill wrex i will kill you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYgUhXDDio

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

if you kill wrex i will kill you

Oh he'll survive to ME3. I'm betraying mordin in the tower and killing wrex in the citadel encounter later for the pathos. Also going destroy ending. Humans only bitches. Joker's real doll goes in the scrap heap.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Oh he'll survive to ME3. I'm betraying mordin in the tower and killing wrex in the citadel encounter later for the pathos. Also going destroy ending. Humans only bitches. Joker's real doll goes in the scrap heap.

mods please ban this spacist filth

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Keep javik he is the bloodthirstiest of them all. Dude owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Javik stays since he's a huge space racist. I love renegade femshep so far. She's just such a huge oval office to everybody.