Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Note that people have actually been doing this in real life for almost a century
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.26e5a6b3835f

... and the turkeys often glide to earth but they occasionally forget to open their wings and drop like a rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-FqvGC9UCs&t=20s

<bird crazies>
The article you linked pointed out several reasons as to why the practice is inhumane but calling it "forgetting to open their wings" seems particularly callous when you remember that this animal has just been flung out of a plane 500 feet in the air and is undoubtedly terrified and in a state of shock.
</bird crazies>

Funny picture. Uh. Here's a baby kestrel that looks like a football.

Also a slick double-headshot.
http://i.imgur.com/sn1bXAa.gifv

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

for fucks sake posted:

IT’S FIFTY SHADES OF GREY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, GREY.

Actual scene from Fifty Shades Darker. Anastasia is in Christian Grey's childhood bedroom.

The poster, for those who never seen it before:

Both Fifty Shades and Riddick are Universal Pictures franchises. From this article about it:

quote:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS FIFTTY SHADES OF GREY AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTERS, CHRISTIAN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN ON ANASTASIA’S INNER GODDESS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY hosed THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY OFFICE AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN OFFICE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You misspelled "MORNINg" but it's still pretty good.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Um, I'm pretty sure that's gonna get you arrested...

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Want to know how I got these scars?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Um, I'm pretty sure that's gonna get you arrested...

What do you think donut glaze is?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

What do you think donut glaze is?

sugar and milk

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

sugar and milk

when you say it like that it sounds gross

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

sugar and milk

Honey, powdered sugar, and extremely hot water!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

<bird crazies>
The article you linked pointed out several reasons as to why the practice is inhumane but calling it "forgetting to open their wings" seems particularly callous when you remember that this animal has just been flung out of a plane 500 feet in the air and is undoubtedly terrified and in a state of shock.
</bird crazies>

On the other hand, maybe they close their wings on purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

On the other hand, maybe they close their wings on purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs

I haven't seen this in like ten years. I had blocked it out.

Thank you very much. :smith:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Who even has an Ace of Base t-shirt?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good Ed Sheeran sex dolls are rare.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

Who even has an Ace of Base t-shirt?

This guy:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_on3bbkbGXA1qa94kp.mp4#_=_

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
God what is it with bronze statues especially that makes them come out wrong every time? Note that I couldn't make something half as good, hence I am not employed in said field.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Great Burrito posted:

God what is it with bronze statues especially that makes them come out wrong every time? Note that I couldn't make something half as good, hence I am not employed in said field.

You should read some of the articles about it. The guy spent three whole weeks working on it! He got approval from Ronaldo himself!

He really doubles down on how loving dreadful it is.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Well see it's hard to get the model to hold still when they are casting the molding, you know, due to the extreme heat. And since bronze is a precious metal, that can only be smelted so many times before it degrades, they only make one attempt. Why they don't make multiple plaster casts then and pick the best one? It is also believed that a true fingerprint of the soul can only be captured in the first cast. And bronze pours best into a plaster mold that is 87% dry. And the plaster mixer is only available on Wednesdays too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bronze statuary is expensive as gently caress, for quality work, and so people with no understanding of the process or the results pick the lowest bidder for the project.

The whole fiasco with the Robocop statue is a good example of what can go wrong. In that case the sculptor and caster do quality work, but the project came in impossibly over budget, so it only gets worked on in fits and starts, and even then last I heard Detroit city hall is still iffy it'll even allow its display on public property .

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Off topic, thanks Gromit

My dad and I decided that the musk lifesavers taste like old lady perfume but for some reason we really like it, everyone liked the Vegemite giving it ratings from tolerable to really good, and we haven't tried the Pineapple Lumps yet, we're saving them for my nephew's birthday party.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Elohssa Gib posted:

My dad and I decided that the musk lifesavers taste like old lady perfume but for some reason we really like it,
That is a pretty apt description of musk

Elohssa Gib posted:

everyone liked the Vegemite giving it ratings from tolerable to really good

This is so very broken what the hell is wrong with you.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Bogan King posted:

This is so very broken what the hell is wrong with you.

We eat weird things, fairly regularly, my recent favorite has been peanut butter eggs.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Elohssa Gib posted:

we haven't tried the Pineapple Lumps yet, we're saving them for my nephew's birthday party.

There are 2 kiwi schools of thought on pineapple lumps. Either eat them at room temperature, or chuck them in the fridge for a day or two and try them cold. When cold they become firmer to the point of snapping when bitten into, and they are less chewy.

I like them from the fridge.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Freeze 'em mate. Give your teeth a challenge.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That's not pure Vegemite it's cut with cheese spread and probably makes it more palatable to foreign tastes, while Australians used to the good stuff know it's wrong town.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

johnnyratbastard posted:

There are 2 kiwi schools of thought on pineapple lumps. Either eat them at room temperature, or chuck them in the fridge for a day or two and try them cold. When cold they become firmer to the point of snapping when bitten into, and they are less chewy.

I like them from the fridge.

Room temperature all the way

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Room temperature all the way

Seconded.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

welp, that's it for western civilization

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I wonder what the history books will tell about our time in 2217.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kennel posted:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kennel posted:

"Liberals hated the god-emperor, tried to hate on him, got their fake history banned. Sad!"

Wendell
May 11, 2003

How the hell is anyone a Brony and alt-right? Like, it's a kids show about being nice to others! What the gently caress do you like about it if not the positive messa--oh god, they just want to gently caress the sexy horses.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Liberals hated the god-emperor, tried to hate on him, got their fake history banned. Sad!"

That Bene Geserit witch Moahim is a nasty woman. Overweight and old. Sad!

Fake news out of House Corrino talks about my Museum Fremen. Haters!

Theilaxu Facedancers wiretapped Arrakeen. Blatantly illegal, and affront against god (me).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Wendell posted:

How the hell is anyone a Brony and alt-right? Like, it's a kids show about being nice to others! What the gently caress do you like about it if not the positive messa--oh god, they just want to gently caress the sexy horses.

Friendship is Magic as long as you make friends with your own kind. There's legit political treatise trying to explain how they combine MLP and fascism but gently caress if im going to find any of them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
He should find a freezer after that nasty CONVERSATION