Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
So on Monday night I also got the chance to drive out to a screening of the Aqours First Live. Basically on board with everything you've already heard, but it was really good. We got day 1, so I didn't have to see that. Also Guilty Kiss absolutely slayed the Strawberry Trapper performance; oh my god.

fake edit: I also got straight dicked by cinfes. I have now spent probably 60k jewels (or more) since Shiki's limited. In those ~6 months (and now 3 cinfes) I have pulled 1 SSR. I am the fountain of luck; drink from me all who wish to know suffering.

ChubbyThePhat fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not going to drink you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
i'm still annoyed over the dup, but everyone's kyouko has made everything better

kyouko~

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Just look at the right two. That's 5 levels and [presumably] the second commu (which is, by the way, obscenely expensive), playing on an easier difficulty, so fewer notes (361(l) vs. 293(r))

Also, I've been sorta paying attention to the score values, and is it just me or does combo seem to do nothing for your score?

I've thought about this a little but I haven't wanted to mess about with investigating until the event's over. It seems clear that scoring is balanced so you will score around the same regardless of the difficulty setting (Platinum Stars reduces your per-tap score at higher difficulties to achieve this, I'd guess Bang Dream is the same). Combo being irrelevant would also feed into this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/ll_wikia/status/847100814787133441

magazine scans!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So I just saw a thing on FB about a LL PERFECT Dream Project.:allears:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I lied. Trying to hit the center button quickly in some of the songs with a phablet is terrible if you're using thumbs. I also have short fingers and sometimes wonder how I picked up piano or painting at all.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gotta kick that thumb habit

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

gotta kick that thumb habit

Never, thumbs forever! (unless it's a ACA chart in which case death)

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Playing with thumbs is appropriate for a mobile game, especially one I usually play on the subway/bus.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
even out and about, I pin the phone against my thigh with my thumbs and pinkies, and tap with my index fingers

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So the nice thing is that since I linked the game to my game center/itunes account, I had the 7 do a backup start from icloud and it imported all my apps. Even had the SA page on safari just like I had it. This means I can now play the game on either device simultaneously, though I'm wondering if the game has anti-cheating measures even though it's only for convenience depending on which device I had.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Can't imagine it'd be an issue, basically every game has to communicate with the server to see if you have enough stamina/money/whatever before it lets you actually do anything, so you can't even accidentally cheat.

e: also yeah phones are too big for thumb playing these days, I don't normally play with thumbs anyway but whenever I try I can tell it just wouldn't be physically possible for me to play an expert-level song properly

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 29, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

x

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

even out and about, I pin the phone against my thigh with my thumbs and pinkies, and tap with my index fingers

You're under arrest.

https://twitter.com/kinosr/status/847038984886804481

You may be wondering if that's actually a response, or just a note for the image. The answer is yes.

Polsy posted:

I've thought about this a little but I haven't wanted to mess about with investigating until the event's over. It seems clear that scoring is balanced so you will score around the same regardless of the difficulty setting (Platinum Stars reduces your per-tap score at higher difficulties to achieve this, I'd guess Bang Dream is the same). Combo being irrelevant would also feed into this.

Actually, by playing especially lovely somewhat careful observation, it seems like my per-tap goes up by 10 points per 10 combo. Well, I think. It's a bit difficult to keep a combo gong when you're staring at the score bar. So it's probably more "mostly negligible" than "irrelevant."

What I don't get is how it determines your score. Because your score being entirely from your center doesn't really make sense, but it being based on your team (behind the scenes) makes cooperating kinda pointless, except for making bigger numbers. And it's a phone game, so it's not like you can really play it offline. So like, what's the point?

Also, I didn't even notice the sachiko/syoko heads at first look. :wow:

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm not going to drink you.

Probably for the best.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

What I don't get is how it determines your score. Because your score being entirely from your center doesn't really make sense, but it being based on your team (behind the scenes) makes cooperating kinda pointless, except for making bigger numbers. And it's a phone game, so it's not like you can really play it offline. So like, what's the point?

Also, I didn't even notice the sachiko/syoko heads at first look. :wow:

I think skills are shared? I'm pretty sure I've been healed during a co-op and I don't have a healer on my team, so maybe score+ skills are also shared? I've also received personal A-rank scores on individual songs and I'm fairly sure I can't do that on my own but I haven't played single-player since the event etc etc so again I can't actually tell.

Yeah, I didn't actually notice the heads immediately either, I scrolled down to the second pic and had to think about it for a second.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, your score gets access to everyone else's team members. It's similar to SS's live party. Band equipment might affect your multiplayer score too, since last patch supposedly fixed that. How skills activate is kinda unknown though, so maybe things get weird sometimes, since there's no mention of percentage for skill activation anywhere

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I assumed the skill stars were at fixed locations, like the fever bar is.

Are they not?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I was looking through my post history here for something, and I ran across this, so

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The LIttle Devil set is real good.

qft

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I made a Bang Dream multiplayer video, because I love making videos. I'll think about whether it's useful as a point of comparison or something later.

Guest appearance from the connection error screen 4 minutes in.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hm, it was bugging me so I checked and yeah, Bang Dream lists the event ending time in local time. That's kinda nice of them~ (well, local time +1 minute, so it's round, but whatever)

Anyway it looks like your per tap goes up every 25 combo?

Also I'd turned off the skill box, but from that it's pretty clear you're getting other people's skills activating too.

Not nearly enough shuwashuwa for that to be a real multiplayer video tho. Actually I'm kinda surprised that you seem to have gotten different songs in a row period.

https://twitter.com/amaaaaaaa_/status/847191302504448000

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Hm, it was bugging me so I checked and yeah, Bang Dream lists the event ending time in local time. That's kinda nice of them~ (well, local time +1 minute, so it's round, but whatever)

Anyway it looks like your per tap goes up every 25 combo?

Also I'd turned off the skill box, but from that it's pretty clear you're getting other people's skills activating too.

Not nearly enough shuwashuwa for that to be a real multiplayer video tho. Actually I'm kinda surprised that you seem to have gotten different songs in a row period.

Oh, so it is, I'm so used to ignoring event times in Japanese games I didn't even notice. But yeah, good song variety, though actually getting the same song would have been more useful for checking a few things, I wasn't thinking about that.

I could tell I was getting other people's skills showing up but I wasn't sure they were actually affecting me completely but now I can look at the numbers they pretty clearly are, yeah.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I was looking through my post history here for something, and I ran across this, so

qft

Honestly, couldn't agree more.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently, SIF will have UR and SSR/UR boxes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/62cd52/information_jp_will_got_new_blue_ticket_box_after/

Really wish I hadn't spent all my Blue Tickets!

Either way, neat change!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Apparently, SIF will have UR and SSR/UR boxes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/62cd52/information_jp_will_got_new_blue_ticket_box_after/

Really wish I hadn't spent all my Blue Tickets!

Either way, neat change!

some of the folks I follow on twitter are loving ready for this

https://twitter.com/mezashiozsn/status/847338132550832129

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Meanwhile, I think your non-center band members have some passive effect on your personal score in multiplayer. Got this result from a team I'm leveling that's full of normals.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, that sounds likely. I guess I should be getting some experiments in between events.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

some of the folks I follow on twitter are loving ready for this

https://twitter.com/mezashiozsn/status/847338132550832129

The reddit link makes it sound like there's a different blue ticket for these boxes, so I don't know what having blue tickets now would mean. I've also spent maybe ~30-40 blue tickets so far but have since been saving them (up to...10 now, heh...) so maybe it'll be for something better than 5 for that dumb 20/80 chance. I probably should've stopped getting the 20/80 chance anyway since i have way too many SRs already and only have 5 non-promo URs. I've been saving up my stickers too - just going for UR idolization from now on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bought the Aqours pack, got a Mari SSR from the SSR+.

http://schoolido.lu/cards/1052/SSR-Ohara-Mari-Cheerleader-Pure/

Don't really care for idolized, but unidolized is super good.

Got the new Kanan from the 10+1 pull, but I don't really think it's that good.

http://schoolido.lu/cards/1164/SSR-Matsuura-Kanan-Cool/

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hate-Senpai posted:

Bought the Aqours pack, got a Mari SSR from the SSR+.

http://schoolido.lu/cards/1052/SSR-Ohara-Mari-Cheerleader-Pure/

Don't really care for idolized, but unidolized is super good.

Got the new Kanan from the 10+1 pull, but I don't really think it's that good.

http://schoolido.lu/cards/1164/SSR-Matsuura-Kanan-Cool/

GOOD MORNING KOTORI NICE TO SEE YOU TOO

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I must remain strong though. I cannot pull in preparation for April 19.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

wait, so if you idolize the dog it gains the glowsticks? :eyepop:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

wait, so if you idolize the dog it gains the glowsticks? :eyepop:

That's just the SR version of it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
We have a very special April Fools video from Lantis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4TcP95rf8

I love it so much.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

We have a very special April Fools video from Lantis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4TcP95rf8

I love it so much.

This very honestly made my day. There is a sub being worked on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

This very honestly made my day. There is a sub being worked on.

Good. I assumed there was, but this is good enough that I'd have figured out how to make it happen if there wasn't.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Over in Cinderella Girls: Pinya Atsume (also some other things that are less immediately funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
WANT TO PLAY