Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Rolo posted:

He should find a freezer after that nasty CONVERSATION

As I recall, that guy deleted his twitter account after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

And the Wendys Twitter guy carves a notch on his desktop.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:drat:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Wendy's better watch out because McDonalds is going to start using fresh meat on their Quarter Pounder. http://www.newser.com/article/29f8530ca83b4d65921f3d541ac5c0ca/something-completely-different-at-mcdonalds-fresh-beef.html

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

:crossarms:
https://twitter.com/NHride/status/815971910647418880

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Mar 31, 2017

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pretty much the only thing you can do when you get ethered by a fast food chain

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

For some reason when I look at this link on my phone I can see the tweets that claimed he deleted his account, with pictures of how @NHride could not be found, but clicking on this from my computer I can't find poo poo. I hate twitter.

Either way, he deffo still has that account. Perhaps it just went down temporarily or was hidden? Is that a thing that happens with twitter?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
One time in high school a friend stole a box of frozen quarter pounder patties from his kitchen job at Rotten Ronnies and we had a summer of delicious BBQs .

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Not exactly a funny picture, but Google Maps is letting you play Ms. Pacman on random city streets for April Fool's day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

For some reason when I look at this link on my phone I can see the tweets that claimed he deleted his account, with pictures of how @NHride could not be found, but clicking on this from my computer I can't find poo poo. I hate twitter.

Either way, he deffo still has that account. Perhaps it just went down temporarily or was hidden? Is that a thing that happens with twitter?

Yea I assume you can kill your twitter and resurrect it again, like p much any social media account. Nobody ever deletes anything, they just hide it from public view until you log in again.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Elohssa Gib posted:

My dad and I decided that the musk lifesavers taste like old lady perfume but for some reason we really like it, everyone liked the Vegemite giving it ratings from tolerable to really good, and we haven't tried the Pineapple Lumps yet, we're saving them for my nephew's birthday party.

Hooray - I'm glad it made it. I've heard back from you and one other who forgot which thread this all went down in. Hopefully all 10 people I sent packages to will post their opinions and a photo. I should have made that a rule, but with any luck people will be nice enough to do that anyway.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Elohssa Gib posted:

Off topic, thanks Gromit

My dad and I decided that the musk lifesavers taste like old lady perfume but for some reason we really like it, everyone liked the Vegemite giving it ratings from tolerable to really good, and we haven't tried the Pineapple Lumps yet, we're saving them for my nephew's birthday party.

So is the broken jar part of it? Do Aussies like ants and broken lifesavers?

I guess I really don't understand Australian snacks :v:

Still excited to try the chocolate pineapple lumps, Gromit. They were fully sealed so no ants on them. Thank you!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhgiiVddR5c

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

BrianBoitano posted:

So is the broken jar part of it? Do Aussies like ants and broken lifesavers?

I'm really sorry you got such a bad result (especially for what it cost to send!) and I can't imagine what that package had to suffer through to break open a roll of hard candy. Is the jar cracked or did the lid just inexplicably come off?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

This wasn't funny at all, just weird and creepy and somehow still so badly paced that I got impatient for the dumbass payoff.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Gromit posted:

I'm really sorry you got such a bad result (especially for what it cost to send!) and I can't imagine what that package had to suffer through to break open a roll of hard candy. Is the jar cracked or did the lid just inexplicably come off?

btw can one of you guys do a video in this style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8f5Kj_CrY

Listen to how much he just enjoys the crackers and coffee and everything. Jump to 1:45 if you don't give a poo poo about how many were produced.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Gromit posted:

I assumed that was how fine Australian cuisine was served.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Powaqoatse posted:

btw can one of you guys do a video in this style?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8f5Kj_CrY

Listen to how much he just enjoys the crackers and coffee and everything. Jump to 1:45 if you don't give a poo poo about how many were produced.

This dude wants to gently caress that ration.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who What Now posted:

This dude wants to gently caress that ration.

You should check out the one from the 90's he got that was frozen the whole time. He's loving ecstatic about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiErAgbwH3Q&t=636s

It makes me mad that I'll never be as happy about anything as this guy is about eating 20 year old apple sauce.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

My lid was off and the candies were crushed. Still ate some of em because gently caress it. Pineapple lumps were amazing and I need to find a way to get more. Lifesavers were an oddity. I don't hate em but I don't necessarily like em. Haven't had the vegemite yet.

Still though thanks! A- package would order again.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spog posted:

fine Australian cuisine

lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Gromit posted:

Lid came off at some point in the journey. Long enough for ants to find it and be fruitful and multiply. It's too bad, but I appreciate your effort and expense!

I had a couple pieces of the pineapple chunks, and holy moley! I can only have two pieces at a time, since it's so chewy. I enjoyed it. It really reminds me of a particular candy we have here. I think I'll coat one in chocolate and send it to you to see what you think, as long as you don't mind something pseudo-home made, wrapped in wax and zip-locked.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

BrianBoitano posted:

I had a couple pieces of the pineapple chunks, and holy moley! I can only have two pieces at a time, since it's so chewy. I enjoyed it. It really reminds me of a particular candy we have here. I think I'll coat one in chocolate and send it to you to see what you think, as long as you don't mind something pseudo-home made, wrapped in wax and zip-locked.

No problem - send away! I anticipate getting trolled to eat laxative chocolate. It'll taste the same as that American chocolate anyway :v:

e: Maybe the package was opened by customs to sample it and were just the standard assholes about it and couldn't be bothered taping a lid shut?

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Not exactly a funny picture, but Google Maps is letting you play Ms. Pacman on random city streets for April Fool's day.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/847478772311834626

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude, Wendy's is killing it. A not so small part of me is hoping that in the coming years Twitter will become a battleground of corporate passive-aggressive sniping.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

That tour guide loving rules

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OMG, loving :lol:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Who What Now posted:

That tour guide loving rules

Night hags are real yo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

No one cares if their quarter pounder is fresh.

I wish McDonalds would just stop trying. Their big complicated menu is a mess. The other day I went in and ordered 2 McDoubles from the kiosk and it took 7 minutes for my order to be called. 7 minutes! Seriously? Just bring back the heat lamps already. Heat lamps were great. During a rush the cooks could make a dozen identical burgers at a time, shove them into the warm red glow, and when you'd have your order in like 2 minutes, tops.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

loss jokes are always funny to me.

unrelatedly I'm trapped in 2009, please send help

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

No one cares if their quarter pounder is fresh.

I wish McDonalds would just stop trying. Their big complicated menu is a mess. The other day I went in and ordered 2 McDoubles from the kiosk and it took 7 minutes for my order to be called. 7 minutes! Seriously? Just bring back the heat lamps already. Heat lamps were great. During a rush the cooks could make a dozen identical burgers at a time, shove them into the warm red glow, and when you'd have your order in like 2 minutes, tops.

I went to McDonalds for the first time in forever cause my daughter is finally old enough to eat there and I wanted to let her burn off some energy on the indoor playground cause it's cold as poo poo outside. I went to order and wanted to study the menu but the menu was on these giant tv screens now and it kept moving around and switching to ads and poo poo like a loving Harry Potter movie. gently caress that and gently caress McDonalds, I just got her a chicken nugget happy meal and a 10 piece for me.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/kNmuYXB.gifv

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

loss jokes are always funny to me.

unrelatedly I'm trapped in 2009, please send help

Anybody that doesn't love Loss edits was born without a soul.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cartoon Man posted:

I went to McDonalds for the first time in forever cause my daughter is finally old enough to eat there and I wanted to let her burn off some energy on the indoor playground cause it's cold as poo poo outside. I went to order and wanted to study the menu but the menu was on these giant tv screens now and it kept moving around and switching to ads and poo poo like a loving Harry Potter movie. gently caress that and gently caress McDonalds, I just got her a chicken nugget happy meal and a 10 piece for me.
I hate those things. What the gently caress, Mcdonalds?

These things are great. You can focus on the part of the menu you are interested in like just burgers, just sides, just drinks, etc. The print is big enough and close enough that you don't need to squint even as your eyes fail with middle age myopia. And you can stare at it for as long as you want without the pressure of anyone waiting for you to make up your mind. They are fantastic.

Apparently the CEO did it out of spite, but they are the best change to Mcdonalds in years. https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...e/#72fc3a1a4fbc

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Who What Now posted:

Anybody that doesn't love Loss edits wasn't born.

ftfy

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

This is what I come here for. This is some pure-strain ridiculousness. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cartoon Man posted:

In fairness to McDonald's, it's because they don't want you actually coming inside the restaurant. They already do 75% of their business through​ the drive-thru, and they'd be quite happy to increase that to 100%, and completely​ eliminate the inside service.