Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

G403 wireless keeps having spats where it chain disconnects and reconnects until plugged in. :eng99:

Anyone else have this issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy
Is it making the USB disconnect/reconnect sound or just freezing like there's interference?

In the former, I'd try it on another machine and if it continues, contact Customer Care. That's not something I've seen before.

If it's the latter, I'd move the receiver around using the adapter on the charge cable, or move 2.4GHz items (routers, high-power NICs, microwaves) away from it.

Goo fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 21, 2017

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Am I right to assume all cloth pads are basically the same? Just different team name/branding etc except some have stitched edges to prevent it from getting ripped.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

von Braun posted:

Am I right to assume all cloth pads are basically the same? Just different team name/branding etc except some have stitched edges to prevent it from getting ripped.
I've never heard anyone promote a GAMING MOUSEPAD, so as long as you go with cloth, it should probably all be the same. My QcK is a little rayed, but I've also thrown it in the washer to clean it up. It's only frayed on the right side for some reason.

The RGB ones tend to have an elevated profile to fit all the electronics inside

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

von Braun posted:

No, there's actually a ton of variance among them. The biggest factor to look for is static friction, which means how much extra force a mouse needs before it can start gliding or stops more quickly. More means that small, very precise movements can be more difficult, and it generally isn't preferred.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

von Braun posted:

Nah, I have like 15 and they're all different. Finding one you enjoy is almost as annoying as finding the perfect mouse for you. Here's an example of the ones I own:

Razer Goliathus Speed - basically brand new. I haven't used it much since I don't like it or the logo. It has a cold, almost damp feeling that I don't like.
Artisan Hayate Otsu Mid L - it's like a combination between a hard and soft pad, with a weird feeling (like grain) underneath. Deteriorated within a month.
Artisan Shidenkai - White, smooth, tries to be a hard pad with a flexible surface. I like it, but it started deteriorating within even just a week. The white is more like a surface rather than what it's actually made out of.
Artisan Zero Mid L - it's basically a QcK Heavy clone but smaller. Rough, feels good but I'm afraid of using it because I know it'll deteriorate like my other Artisan mousepads.
Mionix Alioth XXL - I use this underneath my mousepads currently, but I don't like how it feels alone without any actual mousepad. It's more of a desk mat. Has some signs of wear but it was cheap so whatever. I like the length, it's at least 120cm and I'd probably buy another in the future.
Mionix Sargas 900 - My first desk pad, which lasted me about two years. I didn't mind it at all but used a Razer Sphex (didn't play many PC games during this time either) on top of it, eventually upgrading to
Akasa Venom XXL - Smooth feeling desk pad which I actually prefer over the Alioth XXL, but always still used a mousepad on top of. Every single different desk pad I've tried I've just ended up using another mousepad on top of it.
Razer Destructor 2 - I wanted a hard pad to replace the Sphex I used for, like, 5 years, so I bought this - it's a little on the small side though it's otherwise fine. Very smooth, good if your wrist sweats while playing games. Doesn't have any of the Razer crap on it either, it's probably the least Razer-looking product they have. If I was going to use a hard pad it would be this.
QcK Limited: bought this because virtually every black mousepad I've had has turned white within time, but it's too sticky/damp-like for my taste.
QcK Heavy: I kept switching between this mousepad and my Zowie G-SR last year, but I've settled on the Heavy and prefer it over the G-SR. It's rough, large and high at about 5mm tall.
Zowie G-SR: Used this for the majority of my early Overwatch life, eventually switching to the QcK Heavy. I liked it for the time, and even though it shows signs of wear, it's a good pad. Difficult to describe how it really feels though. It's not entirely what I'd call smooth but it's not what I'd call rough either. If you can, try to find the blue G-SR instead because it's reportedly better (much like everything Zowie made prior to BenQ).
Thermaltake Pyhruss: too small/damp-like for me. Also, nothing I have ever bought from Thermaltake I've actually liked, and that includes one of my PC cases years ago.

+ like 18 mice or some poo poo. I Don't Know Any More. But like, yeah they're all different and they all feel different and they feel different in a year's time when they've worn out and you have to turn around and buy another. Mousepads are a "this thing feels good for a certain period of time after it's broken in but before it's worn out" kind of thing.

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 21, 2017

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

drat that's quite a few. Looks like there are subtle but many variations. I'm using a tiny cloth pad with quite a lot of texture. Gonna go check some out in a store and pick up the G203 mouse this week.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I personally just use Magic card mats. They're the best and cheap.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Toalpaz posted:

And you can get them custom printed fairly reasonably!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
:stare: Bravo man. Thats comprehensive.

Flipside, I bought a PECHAM XXL mousepad which spans my desk. Has stitched end. Apparently machine washable. I love it, nice clean subtle design. Also from 8-10 dollars on Amazon. $10 is cheap enough to make replacement relatively painless. (Still shy about washing mine)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Wasabi the J posted:

And you can get them custom printed fairly reasonably!

You got a link related to this? I'm curious about it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

emdash posted:

You got a link related to this? I'm curious about it

I don't want to sound crappy, but if you do a websearch for "custom printed gaming mat", you'll find a LOT of stores with custom services. I've used Inked gaming before years ago.

https://www.inkedgaming.com/products/panoramic-desk-pad-36-x-11

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

Toalpaz posted:

I do this as well, it's great.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Bought the g203 and a steelseries qck last night. Can I turn off the lights on the mouse when the computer is shut down? It just keeps blinking.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I would appreciate this mouse, a lot

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I think I just wore out the mousewheel on my "diablo 3" designer steelseries mouse (I got it for free, but in the intervening years it seems the dog somehow managed to fill it with shed fur).

I need a new optical laser, corded mouse that's as ergonomic as possible (I've got bad arthritis in my mouse hand). Any suggestions? I've gotten used to having lots of extra buttons.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think I just wore out the mousewheel on my "diablo 3" designer steelseries mouse (I got it for free, but in the intervening years it seems the dog somehow managed to fill it with shed fur).

I need a new optical laser, corded mouse that's as ergonomic as possible (I've got bad arthritis in my mouse hand). Any suggestions? I've gotten used to having lots of extra buttons.

Ergonomics vary from person to person. My old razer lachesis triggers my carpal tunnel issues and makes my pinky and ring finger all numb. Logitech G500, G400, G400S, G502 have all been fine. If the steelseries worked for you then you might want to look at their other mice, or even buy that one again.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I picked up the Nixeus Revel on a whim last week and man am I impressed! What a great little steal of a mouse.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rexxed posted:

Ergonomics vary from person to person. My old razer lachesis triggers my carpal tunnel issues and makes my pinky and ring finger all numb. Logitech G500, G400, G400S, G502 have all been fine. If the steelseries worked for you then you might want to look at their other mice, or even buy that one again.

Yeah, I'm not sure the steelseries really did, I've just been using it because it was reliable and free :P

I guess I'll have to go into a physical store. *shudder*

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Anyone know how a g403 compares to a deathadder? Like ergonomics wise. Was thinking about getting one to replace my deathadder that is double clicking frequently. But the local best buy doesn't have them.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It's a bit smaller, clicks are comparable, weight is similar.

Only difference I really notice is the g403 has a slightly closer hump by your palm and the deathadder has outside flare on the mouse 2nd button area. Those are the biggest things I noticed when using both.

I can provide some pics when I get home later today if you'd like.

Audax fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 31, 2017

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Yeah, I'm not sure the steelseries really did, I've just been using it because it was reliable and free :P

I guess I'll have to go into a physical store. *shudder*

I just got a Steelseries Rival 300. It's fantastic imo, good optical sensor thingie with minimal bells and whistles. Just enough buttons, none of this on the fly DPI horseshit, and a very nice shape for me at least. 40 bucks on amazon.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 1, 2017

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Apparently, Mad Catz just recently filed for bankruptcy.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/31/15137812/mad-catz-shut-down-bankruptcy

RIP in piss

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Audax posted:

It's a bit smaller, clicks are comparable, weight is similar.

Only difference I really notice is the g403 has a slightly closer hump by your palm and the deathadder has outside flare on the mouse 2nd button area. Those are the biggest things I noticed when using both.

I can provide some pics when I get home later today if you'd like.

Thanks for the info, sounds like it's pretty similar, which is kinda what I was looking for for. Just went through 2 now with the double click thing and think I am going to go back to logitech for a bit. But pics not really needed, thanks though.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

signalnoise posted:

I just got a Steelseries Rival 300. It's fantastic imo, good laser with minimal bells and whistles. Just enough buttons, none of this on the fly DPI horseshit, and a very nice shape for me at least. 40 bucks on amazon.

Pretty sure Rivals are all optical.
I have Rival 100 and while the shape could be better for my grip it's otherwise perfect.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Dropping in real quick to confirm once again that Logitech customer support is stupid good. Between the opening of the case and my reception of a replacement product today, not even ten days elapsed. Three of those were pretty much my fault because I didn't realize my account was somehow still linked to Europe, so I caused a bit of a bumblefuck.

Ignoring that, they took care of my poo poo and fixed me up inside a week. That's value for ya.

That is all.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

SinineSiil posted:

Pretty sure Rivals are all optical.
I have Rival 100 and while the shape could be better for my grip it's otherwise perfect.

Err yes, I somehow thought "optical laser" in my mind. Good optical sensor thingie

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
What's a good wireless gaming mouse for the money these days? I currently have a Logitech G400 and I think the wire on it is starting to crap out but I've had it for over 5 years so the scroll wheel and left click button is wearing out too. Does Logitech make a decent wireless gaming mouse that won't break the bank?

Edit: The G403 wireless looks nice but then I remember the thread title. Is it worth $100?

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 2, 2017

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Yes, the G403 and G900 are the best wireless mice created by any company to date, specifically if you enjoy either shape

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
Just bought a pair of Sambas. I've bought them many times before, and will continue to do so:

edit: spelling

betterinsodapop fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 2, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

I ended up getting the evoluent handshake grip mouse and so far it's much less painful to use.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

After doing some more thinking and research I'm thinking of getting the G402 instead because its shape is similar to my G400 and the cord looks more robust as well. And it's only $40 on Amazon so it's priced to sell.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

spasticColon posted:

After doing some more thinking and research I'm thinking of getting the G402 instead because its shape is similar to my G400 and the cord looks more robust as well. And it's only $40 on Amazon so it's priced to sell.

I got the 402 not too long ago, and it's the most satisfying mouse I've had since my first G5 or G500 or whatever that mainstay mouse of mine was.

Cable was a bit rigid at first, but excellent mouse overall.

I was a bit disappointed that the thumb button is for cycling profiles or something, as opposed to programmable without fidgeting, but that's something I could have read from the product description had I not been a doofus.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

I decided to get the G402 from Amazon and I should get it Tuesday.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

spasticColon posted:

I decided to get the G402 from Amazon and I should get it Tuesday.
Been using the G402 for a while now (mostly for Overwatch,) and am pretty pleased with it. Enjoy it!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
My refurb Logitech G600 is starting to give up the ghost by way of phantom clicks. So now I'm looking for replacement, but since I've left MMOs I'm not looking for another MMO mouse, otherwise I would have gotten another G600. I took a quick look around and all these mice out now are all over-designed and ugly.

Is there a mouse left out there for me that is around 50 bucks or less with a simple and clean design intended for mostly FPS/TPS/CRPG/Strategy game playing? I have ~19cm hand length if that matters and sort of switch between palm and claw grip.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

My refurb Logitech G600 is starting to give up the ghost by way of phantom clicks. So now I'm looking for replacement, but since I've left MMOs I'm not looking for another MMO mouse, otherwise I would have gotten another G600. I took a quick look around and all these mice out now are all over-designed and ugly.

Is there a mouse left out there for me that is around 50 bucks or less with a simple and clean design intended for mostly FPS/TPS/CRPG/Strategy game playing? I have ~19cm hand length if that matters and sort of switch between palm and claw grip.

I'm gonna recommend the Steelseries Rival 300 again. Simple right hand design with 2 side buttons and a good sensor. I couldn't ask for more, and after this mouse and the Arctis 7 headset I'm ready to drop Logitech entirely.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

signalnoise posted:

I'm gonna recommend the Steelseries Rival 300 again. Simple right hand design with 2 side buttons and a good sensor. I couldn't ask for more, and after this mouse and the Arctis 7 headset I'm ready to drop Logitech entirely.

Cool, this was one of the mice I was looking at prior to posting. Plain enough looking for me. 40 bucks is solid price and it got even better when I realized I had $10 of forgotten credit on Amazon. Good deal and ordered. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Got my G402 and I'm liking it so far because the scroll wheel is so much better but the shape and fit are a little bit different. I now have to keep my ring finger on the side of the mouse with my pinky finger otherwise I might accidentally right click with my ring finger.