Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
God drat that episode had a real dark ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Everybody I tell that would care about Adult Swim streaming the first episode of Rick and Morty Season 3 on the internet won't believe me because it's April 1st.

Well played Adult Swim.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Everyone laughed at me back in 2015 when I said that they'd make fake episodes just to gently caress with people but look at us now!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Given all the other crazy promotional things that's been done for this show I wouldn't be overly surprised to find out that the 'leaks' are an elaborate prank played on internet pirates. The leaked version of ep 4 will be almost unwatchable (but you'll all sit through it anyway) and the ep5 leak will be a specially altered episode with a fake ending which is so lovely it totally ruins the show for everyone who pirates it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

TopHatGenius posted:

Let the third season begin!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This episode really made me think about the absurdity of fiat currency. Like, money is only worth what the government says it's worth??? maaaaan
Also the mannequin leg thing was totally a Lynx reference.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

This episode really made me think about the absurdity of fiat currency. Like, money is only worth what the government says it's worth??? maaaaan

Google Ron Paul Bitcoin

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mutata posted:

Let the third season begin!

Well, that's a rather ominous statement.

I would have thought it would be impossible to get any darker after they turned everyone in the world into a Cronenburg monster, but boy was I wrong!

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
That was the best rick and morty.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Whew. Was reeeaaally disappointed that Rick was going to have some dumb tragic backstory. Shoulda trusted them a bit more than that.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
RIP Hammer Morty

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Jellymouth posted:

RIP Hammer Morty

If you watch I think he's pretty much unphased.

Also during the ending rant Rick mentions "97 MORE YEARS MORTY!" So, that's a cool little touch.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm pickle Riiiiiiiick!

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Really nailed it tonight. Really good stuff. Reeeeeal good broh.

Okay I'm gonna go take a poo poo

Rick Sanchez fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 2, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The animation of the bug president blowing his head off was sooooooooo good

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

bring back old gbs posted:

The animation of the bug president blowing his head off was sooooooooo good

RIP President Bug Calculon

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I will miss this show when it is finished.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
"I have become the de facto patriarch of your family AND your universe!"

Just, wow. Rick is such an amazing fuckbucket.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I am so glad this wasn't a prank. Just watched it through twice in a row, so drat good.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
...this isn't Samurai Jack! This isn't Samurai Jack at all!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

AndyElusive posted:

Everybody I tell that would care about Adult Swim streaming the first episode of Rick and Morty Season 3 on the internet won't believe me because it's April 1st.

Well played Adult Swim.

I got motherfucked on FB for trying to spread the word. :smith:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

But new ep! :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

AndyElusive posted:

Well played Adult Swim.

This is so loving good

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

TopHatGenius posted:

It said we'd get 9 more seasons so I'm not so sure...

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Excellent idea.

I've recorded the stream and I'm going to distribute it via a server that uploads two different cuts. If your WAN IP is even, you get the real thing, if it's odd, it cuts through halfway to a rickroll :unsmigghh:

just kidding

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

GLOSS posted:

It said we'd get 9 more seasons so I'm not so sure...

im gonna be pissed if this show gets canceled before rick gets his sauce in season 12

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Rick slobbering and screaming in the camera would be a good webm

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

That was a really, really good episode.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
did anyone catch what 9/11 rick was saying? something about freedoms

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Raskolnikov38 posted:

did anyone catch what 9/11 rick was saying? something about freedoms

I didn't because I was too busy laughing at the visual. Because that was literally me on 9/11.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great great episode. I would have liked if everything wasn't resolved so quickly I guess - especially woulda liked them to keep Earth under the control of the Federation a little longer - but gently caress it this ep was SO GOOD so it was worth it

I have sorta mixed feelings on the final scene though. In and of itself, it's an incredibly effective capper to the episode. But in the context of the series, this brand of megalomania seems to come out of absolutely nowhere and almost retcons a lot of the "Rick actually does care about his family" stuff we saw in the s2 finale and plenty of other episodes, such as the s2 premiere. But then maybe he's lying? But then why lie? It's a bit confusing to me. Excited to see where it goes.

e: 9/11 bit I heard was ".....excuse to take away our freedoms..."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

aw man, I liked the council of Ricks.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

That was great. I was surprised that Earth went back to status quo so soon, I really thought it would be like that indefinitely. :five:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I had this episode on in the background the last seven times it ran and now I hate it and just want to watch Samurai Jack.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Get dunked on, Jerry!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I'm really hoping the episode has all been a simulation, inside another simulation. And Rick still has to dismantle the Galactic Fed but doesn't ruin a lot of still fertile ground in the council of ricks, seal team Ricks, but I look forward to wherever they go with Phoenixperson.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Good episode and I'm loving relieved that they basically said "lol nope we're not going to go up our own rear end with serialization" because I was definitely not looking forward to galactic federation plots.

... unless this was a "fake episode"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How many times are they going to do the "Rick gives a fake formula while in a simulation" plot?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How many times are they going to do the "Rick gives a fake formula while in a simulation" plot?

Until he gives up the real formula.

i.e. forever biiiiiiii *hic* tch

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Escobarbarian posted:

Great great episode. I would have liked if everything wasn't resolved so quickly I guess - especially woulda liked them to keep Earth under the control of the Federation a little longer - but gently caress it this ep was SO GOOD so it was worth it

I have sorta mixed feelings on the final scene though. In and of itself, it's an incredibly effective capper to the episode. But in the context of the series, this brand of megalomania seems to come out of absolutely nowhere and almost retcons a lot of the "Rick actually does care about his family" stuff we saw in the s2 finale and plenty of other episodes, such as the s2 premiere. But then maybe he's lying? But then why lie? It's a bit confusing to me. Excited to see where it goes.

e: 9/11 bit I heard was ".....excuse to take away our freedoms..."

I expect at least some of his rant at the end was lies or half-truths because Rick hates himself and he doesn't want Morty to grow too attached to him. Remember, he didn't know Morty was seriously going to blow Rick's brains out earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Excelzior posted:

hahaha the mulan sauce is a real thing???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc

Wow you could get 20 mcnuggets for $3.29. No wonder everyone was so happy in the 90s

• Locked thread