Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

This certainly is the game of terrible defences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Ayshford is a loving joke. How is he in the team ahead of Lolohea? Carrying a standoff on the bench is pretty dumb too.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Foran been running with more aggression than our props.

Titans really injury cursed this year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They must have the Burleigh bears on speeddial at this point

This is going to be hilarious when the warriors manage to lose this.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

How the gently caress did the warriors butcher that last set

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Warriors are back baby!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The Warriors are back baby!

2017 confirmed as the Warriors' year

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Guys maybe lay off the kava it's not good for you

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've got a theory that maybe giving away penalties and tries every set isn't going to help us win this game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Really glad we fired Farah and hired matt "knees of glass" ballin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ok seriously how are we so loving terrible at defending behind the ruck?every week?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Magpies gonna Magpie :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As someone who is an expert in terrible teams (being a Knights supporter) I can confirm that the Tigers are a Terrible team.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Part of me wants to think that wearing the worst jersey in football history explains some of our terrible play.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Aaron Woods need to play more minutes, you need a proper halfback, need to fix your D and also attack patterns which would be helped by a gun halfback - I think letting Brooks go and signing an experienced 7 to pair Moses would be great.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Aaron Woods need to play more minutes, you need a proper halfback, need to fix your D and also attack patterns which would be helped by a gun halfback - I think letting Brooks go and signing an experienced 7 to pair Moses would be great.

Yes, yes (although it's slightly hard to blame him when he hasn't been there the last two games, but if we could get a real one that'd be sweet), lol yes, yes (but again this would be helped by actually having a 7 on the field).

I think our biggest problem is the complete lack of forward pack we have. Most of the time we have absolutely no go-forward and it gives us nothing to build on. Naqa is terrible out wide, but Nofa is great.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I don't really think Woods is anything to write home about either, last couple of years he's been mediocre at best. Maybe Galloway was far more important to that side than he appeared. Tedesco, Nofoluma, Taylor and I guess Moses are good players to build a team around but the rest are pretty uninspiring. I'd really love to see how they're hitting the salary cap with that roster even with the 750k for Farah to play at another club.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Woods, Brooks, Moses and Tedesco would be losing 30k of their asking price as each week rolls on.
Tigers needs to bring back Benji

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

I'd really love to see how they're hitting the salary cap with that roster even with the 750k for Farah to play at another club.
The same as the Knights, mixture of poor management and bad cap rorting skills

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

We've made "paying for players at other clubs" into an art-form.

It's part of why I get so triggered by clubs giving out long-term contracts, since it's something that bites us in the arse every single time.

I think Woods is a great player, but he literally has no support in the forward pack and is just not capable of dragging the entire team on his back. We need some big boppers to help him out, so he can get his arms free and help set up more second phase play.

A huge part of our problems started when we let our 2009-10 teams break up, we were brilliant back then and its been a succession of terrible decisions since then.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Simple jack wighton

Welp I'll never be referring to him in any other manner from now on, thanks for that

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It really suits him

The thing with the tigers is this just from the last times the raiders have played them and the dragons game

Is that the edges are very exploitable. I often think its harsh when a half gets called a bad defender. Most halves are giving up a lot of size. What i think is more common is a half is exposed in a bad system and protected in good ones.

The tigers issue is simply a matter of systems. Do i think moses is a bad defender ? I think he is if the opposition gets a second rower running on him and he doesn't have a friend to help him out. To use the raiders left edge how many times out of 10 should moses be expected to shut down josh papalii one on one. Its crazy to me that he gets bumped by a guy who outweighs him by like 30 kilos and people say oh he is a bad defender.

The dragons also exploited the tigers terrible communication on the fringes. They made widdop look like wally Lewis

its quite crazy to me that the problem that literally ended their season last year is being exploited again this year. The tigers shouldnt worry about anything until they get their fringes and in particular the right communicating and sliding properly

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Defending in the halves is definitely a poo poo job when you have second rowers running at you all day. But at the very least they need to be able to hold onto their guy until help arrives. If the centre or second rower has to babysit then there will be gaps elsewhere.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's not always just the halves being terrible - tthe centre/wing pairings have almost no communication and frequently put each other and everyone else in massive trouble.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Congratulations on getting Cleary. I guess when you can sign a guy who has put together a winning percentage of less than 50% over a decade with a number of talented rosters you've got to pounce.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

How is Mitchell Moses asking for 800k

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
because the tigers are silly enough to pay that amount

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I'd leave Melbourne for Tara Rushton

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'd leave Melbourne for any reason I could find.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There you go Tigers, an experienced Halfback is moving to Sydney

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

There you go Tigers, an experienced Halfback is moving to Sydney

Big 4 > Big 3 sorry that superstar money is earmarked for Luke Brooks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah sorry we already have an awesome half-back we don't want an old washed up nobody

please come to the Tigers please come to the Tigers

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

With Cronk and Foran heading to Sydney the market is going to be interesting. Plus Jeynolds and Brooks (lol) and Moses (lol) are available too.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently we've resigned Brooks for 550. At least we haven't gone nuts with the price, if true.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Apparently we've resigned Brooks for 550. At least we haven't gone nuts with the price, if true.

Actually under what I though we'd pay.

Teddy looks good for a mil.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Still not worth 550 but sure

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Still not worth 550 but sure

Short of getting Cronk (lol) I think it's probably for the best; he's shown talent in the past and if Cleary can wield power in the club he can certainly bring it out of him.

Now Teddy, on the other hand, needs to be being signed ASAFP.

And next is getting some loving forwards so our backs can actually have some room to play behind, we have no space at the moment. Every time Teddy got the ball in the last few weeks he was immediately being hit by someone - we're so flat on the advantage line that it takes no time for players to get in their faces.

e: PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE SOME MAJOR loving "IF"S IN THAT POST

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
People were talking him up as the next Andrew Johns, your lucky they didn't throw him into Origin in his first year and do a complete Jarrod Mullen to him

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

When you get a chance to sign the worst halfback in first grade with no other suitors at all you make damned sure you throw $1,100,000 at him to get that signature :thumbsup:

They probably think it'll help get Tedesco to sign but if he has any football sense this would be the final straw.

edit: Mitchell Moses has requested an immediate release to Parramatta

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

And next is getting some loving forwards so our backs can actually have some room to play behind, we have no space at the moment.

Wasn't the previous excuse that Farah was holding on to the ball for too long?

(I know that Taylor was shitcanned for his bullshit, but I still like calling him out on it.)

• Locked thread