Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It would make sense to be Luxu. I kinda like the idea that there is no traitor though. The guy strikes me as the type to say that just to screw with everyone else's head.

I forgot that 3D just sorta ruthlessly spoils a bit of The World Ends With You. I guess if I didn't already know what it was spoiling I wouldn't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The tamagotchi poo poo in 3D is awful. I rank it as slightly better than the cards in CoM only because it seems like you can just stick whatever animals on there and use their super moves whenever you don't feel like actually fighting a boss, and it doesn't actively impede the game if you don't spend hours grinding for the exact right pokemon.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I much prefer CoM. It's way more rewarding and fun to summon Cloud to Omnislash or really any flavor of Sleight spam than it is to use the Dream Eaters. This is so not fun and I really want to just break the game and have at it, but I can't. The worst thing about the Command Deck here as opposed to BBS is that without melding, I'm really not inspired to change up the deck much. In BBS I was constantly trying new spells and stuff cause you never know what you can use them for. Here nothing stands out as better than the rest in particular.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
RECoM is garbage, that card system was not designed to work in 3D space. Having to focus on your deck, your opponents deck, card values for appropriate sleights, and the actual battlefield all at once is awful.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I played ReCoM on proud first time through and had fun, you're garbage

I did, however, have behind me the experience of CoM on GBA and watching bits of people playing it here and there. It's way too overwhelming on a first-timer and by the time you're finally actually learning how to use all the systems and which are worth your time, the game's over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea maybe it's because I played the GBA version but I never had any issue playing it in 3d, I actually thought it added a bit to the game, not a huge amount but it made things feel a bit better for me.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I should play it sometime since it's the last game in the collections I haven't played. I was just too burnt out after KH1 to play a game with the exact same environments straight after

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Re:CoM is the only KH game I never completed because

Instant Grat posted:

RECoM is garbage, that card system was not designed to work in 3D space. Having to focus on your deck, your opponents deck, card values for appropriate sleights, and the actual battlefield all at once is awful.

I at least finished Sora's side of the story but it felt like an unfun slog the entire way through. I guess I appreciated having rendered/voiced cutscenes, at least.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The best part of ReCoM is the soundtrack and thankfully I do not need to play the game to enjoy it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Weird. I like Re: CoM quite a bit. That may be because I played CoM. I never had a sense of being overwhelmed by it since the 3D environment is actually loads better than 2D. You've got WAY more room to avoid attacks and position better for guys like the Fat Bodies.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

melodicwaffle posted:

I at least finished Sora's side of the story but it felt like an unfun slog the entire way through. I guess I appreciated having rendered/voiced cutscenes, at least.

I always liked the Riku story much better than the Sora story (in terms of gameplay) since not worrying about editing decks is neat.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

re:com is interesting just because its fun to see a base point for what eventually becomes the command deck.

too bad its still trash

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Re: CoM is way easier than CoM because of the 3d expansion and improved controls. It makes every single fight in the game easier and if you thought Re:CoM was bad, you'd think CoM was unplayable.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I'm the weirdo who is excited to play Re:CoM. My PS3 died the day the first HD came out so I haven't played it since the GBA.

I really enjoyed the game back then and I think I'll still like it now. Hopefully.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I forgot that 3D just sorta ruthlessly spoils a bit of The World Ends With You. I guess if I didn't already know what it was spoiling I wouldn't get it.

As someone with TWEWY on 2ds, could you explain what happens?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Deep Winter posted:

As someone with TWEWY on 2ds, could you explain what happens?

"3D" as in "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance"

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Re:Com is fine as long as you play on Normal (at the highest) and don't grind for cards. The normal battles get really old after a while. When I played as Riku I just put the difficulty at easy and ran past as many enemies I could. Made the boss fights decently challenging.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

KH2FM in 60FPS feels super weird.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Did they fix the crashes yet?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
loooooooooooool no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I must be lucky because so far I've been fine.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Renoistic posted:

Re:Com is fine as long as you play on Normal (at the highest) and don't grind for cards. The normal battles get really old after a while. When I played as Riku I just put the difficulty at easy and ran past as many enemies I could. Made the boss fights decently challenging.

I dunno, I played through re:com on proud mode by only upgrading deck points or sleights if one was available and I thought it was awesome.

By the end of the game, you have a deck of crazy-good cards that you have to manage very carefully to cancel out your opponent's attacks and beat them up before they get a word in.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Hopefully by the time I beat 1 and Re:CoM they'll have gotten around to patching it(I'm guessing it's a relatively complex problem if they haven't fixed it already)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

alternatively, it will never get fixed, bow to lucifer

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
So here's a fun new glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5aIyT5CXs

Look I know it looks fake but it's real

https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedObedientDiscPanicBasket

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It's 2 AM and that BB clip launched me into a horrible giggle fit, so thanks.

What an amazing glitch, please never fix

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

This is adequate compensation for the lack of infinitely somersaulting Sora

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
The Skyscraper Xemnas Limit Form crash is fixed in the most recent 1.5+2.5 patch, and word 'round the grapevine is it's most likely because someone from the speedrunning community made the crash happen at a demo booth at PAX while Squeenix reps were there and saw it.

Good times

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So is the game okay now? I really wanna replay KH2 and BBS (and I guess finally beat 1 for the first time in like a decade) but yeah, crashes are obviously a deal breaker.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Last Celebration posted:

So is the game okay now? I really wanna replay KH2 and BBS (and I guess finally beat 1 for the first time in like a decade) but yeah, crashes are obviously a deal breaker.

KH2 still occasionally crashes when you're trying to save, it still drops sound effects just like the PS3 version did, and the reaction commands during the final boss are still broken, which means you'll almost definitely get hit unless you get creative. Not really the biggest issue unless you're playing on Critical mode, but obviously that doesn't make it acceptable.

Birth By Sleep I think is basically fine.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
There are also other RC problems in the KH2 port like the Tower RC in Timeless River missing, or the RC for Grim Reaper no longer putting in all the medallions in the chest. And pretty much all the problems with the physics messing up are still there.

Really, only things they changed was 1 obvious crash at Xemnas 1 and Data Vexen no longer being super hosed. Most everything else is still messed up.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
The BBS tornado thing has apparently been fixed in the English release.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So this marks the me buying (almost) all the games 3 times over.

Square Enix has found the perfect formula for milking nerds.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TopHatGenius posted:

So this marks the me buying (almost) all the games 3 times over.

Square Enix has found the perfect formula for milking nerds.

:same: Square knows exactly what kind of garbo nerds they're targeting.

"Ok I won't buy this, I have literally all these games, mostly in 2 forms already."

"Yea but now you can have them in one place...With no changes but in one place because finding your old playstation poo poo is hard."

"Ah drat there goes my money"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tbh I'm gonna buy this poo poo as soon as they fix the egregious new bugs despite having the PS2/3 versions, but that's only because of the 60 FPS and no load times, I'd be okay with just booting up my PS3 otherwise.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

sexpig by night posted:

:same: Square knows exactly what kind of garbo nerds they're targeting.

"Ok I won't buy this, I have literally all these games, mostly in 2 forms already."

"Yea but now you can have them in one place...With no changes but in one place because finding your old playstation poo poo is hard."

"Ah drat there goes my money"

I got it because I didn't have a PS3 so I couldn't experience the PS3 versions

Hopefully they'll figure out the Save Crash bug for KH2 soon though, it's the only one that really seems like a big problem

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I haven't had a single save crash in ~18 hours of playtime so far. Is that bug actually still there or is it just because I'm saving pretty frequently?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
The reports are mixed so far, in that there have been reports but it hasn't been on stream/recorded yet to verify. For instance, someone said they saved crashed and actually lost their saves, but it wasn't verified so who knows. It's just a variable thing since we don't know how it occurs; it could depend on the length of the playsession or it could just be total random. Since it's not an easy thing to test, we don't really know if it was something that was possibly fixed in the 1.02 patch.

All we can do is just wait a while for people to keep playing the new version, and see if either the bug doesn't exist on the english version or if the patch fixed it.

fwiw, it seems right now most people are assuming it wasn't fixed just because there's still a bunch of obvious things that HAVEN'T been fixed. How they can leave Final Xemnas bugged but yet care about the other things is beyond me.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Personally I have enough videogames to play. By the time this collection is on sale, hopefully we've gotten another solid patch or two. Unless you're hardcore on kh, you might want to wait anyway. I really do hope they can nail down this collection.

Maybe they could offer a 30fps toggle when you need to go through something that the 60fps makes glitchy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I will buy this poo poo once they put it on a system that can be played portably.