Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Piell posted:

Found in the Trump thread

Leaving room for a full term? Gotta love that optimism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ArtIsResistance posted:

I just browse some of the default subs and a few of the ones about animals being loving lit son. You guys should try not seeking very bad things and instead have a good time looking at amusing pictures

That's the idea yeah. Link wasnt labeled like that. It was generic like "hah, idiot fall down !@@ :d:D" or something. idk if the smileys were a code or whoever idiot was "trolling", i just called the feds & gave the url and went outside and looked at the sky for an hour

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
You can look at the sky without looking at trauma inducing pictures, in fact I would highly recommend appreciating all the beauty in the world no matter how small

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Piell posted:

Found in the Trump thread

tbf that's an interactive graph and the standard setting looks different.

http://www.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ArtIsResistance posted:

You can look at the sky without looking at trauma inducing pictures, in fact I would highly recommend appreciating all the beauty in the world no matter how small

I love looking at the sky. Also this week I realized that I can see the stars if I stand in the center of the cemetery near my apt. Not a lot of places in this town you can do that

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
It's bizarre going to places with no light pollution after being in the city your whole life. Nice

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

ArtIsResistance posted:

It's bizarre going to places with no light pollution after being in the city your whole life. Nice

It's so amazing yeah. I remember spending so long lying on the trampoline at my buddy's farmhouse in butt gently caress nowhere. Just stargazing and smoking.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/847931935653494784

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/847525284400291840

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Pr really dragging its feet getting in that middle section.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Despite the pure dishonesty of this one, couldn't they afford to make a real graphic? Did they just have an intern write this down in 10 minutes?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

kazil posted:

Despite the pure dishonesty of this one, couldn't they afford to make a real graphic? Did they just have an intern write this down in 10 minutes?

I imagine it's one of those :beck: things where Bolling is writing on the whiteboard himself on the air.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Or they deliberately do it like that to make it look folksy or some poo poo.

"Why I'd be happy to drink a beer with whoever made that graphic"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why the hell would you think average home price going up is a good thing? Aside from loving over young and poor people.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Why the hell would you think average home price going up is a good thing? Aside from loving over young and poor people.

Kind of answered your own question there. It IS a Fox News graphic.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

I like how there’s an element named after California, but not the one that shares its abbreviation. Yet another element gives the state its nickname.

“Fl” may be the most appropriate state/element combo possible.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Outrail posted:

In the Freep thread there was a post recently about trumpcare that essentially said : "I don't get what is so bad about this, the idiots that complain should just have bought their own house and filled their 401k. Morons."

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Reddit seems like it must be a great resource for the FBI and NSA and so on. It turns out you don't need to secretly monitor people's private conversations at all - they're perfectly willing to express their horrible violent beliefs in a big public forum.

Heard from a police officer that the most cost-effective new thing they were doing in fighting crime locally was to hire someone to sit in front of a computer and look at the social media accounts of all the usual suspects in the area. Just the stuff they would thoughtlessly post in public. Apparently people are pretty dumb in general and petty criminals are especially not known for being smarter than the average.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

So Obama was given an ailing economy, and within his terms he took unemployment down to just about half, raised the average hourly wage by 4$/hr (20% or so), and increased consumer confidence five-fold?

And that's a BAD thing?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serperoth posted:

So Obama was given an ailing economy, and within his terms he took unemployment down to just about half, raised the average hourly wage by 4$/hr (20% or so), and increased consumer confidence five-fold?

And that's a BAD thing?

No, I think the implication is that somehow Trump did all those things.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Outrail posted:

Because people buy homes (rather than rent) as an investment. Prices going up means they have equity, and won't be underwater if they have to sell.

Literally nobody ever has bought a house, seen the price go down, then cheered because now young people can buy starter homes.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
The Mysteries of Kosovo

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Outrail posted:

When you buy your house right before the housing crash and ten years later your mortgage is still ~ $20,000 under water...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Because people buy homes (rather than rent) as an investment.

There's no denying that that's what people do, especially in the Anglosphere, but it's not a particularly good thing. Germany is perhaps the best counterexample, where the government actively intervenes in the housing market to stabilize prices, and renters have real rights. It's nice, you avoid most of the lovely financial and political fallout from the waves of housing bubbles.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

House price doesn't mean poo poo if you can't sell it because no one can afford it

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

sweeperbravo posted:

The Mysteries of Kosovo

Maybe it's a divide by zero error.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

House price doesn't mean poo poo if you can't sell it because no one can afford it
I don't think that's how prices work.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm not being literal. But the investment attitude causes the boom bust cycle, the more people buy into it the more at risk they are being the one left holding the bag

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Serperoth posted:

And that's a BAD thing?

It's, uh, interesting how people only noticed the economy is actually doing quite nicely after the election.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Antti posted:

It's, uh, interesting how people only noticed the economy is actually doing quite nicely after the election.

How long would it take to convince the average Trump voter that the chart actually is a commentary on Bush vs. Obama?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Outrail posted:

How long would it take to convince the average Trump voter that the chart actually is a commentary on Bush vs. Obama?

How long does it take to finish high school?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

jeebus bob posted:

How long does it take to finish high school?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

"OH hm wow that's really interesting, I'm wondering how black families are getting ahead now in thi--

*sees the scales*

:catstare:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Boy howdy.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God drat.

Nope, no agenda here at all.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Outrail posted:

That's correct, but a whole bunch of government programs are intended to prop up home prices (Federal mortgage guarantees, various grants, the mortgage interest tax deduction, Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, etc.), and high housing prices are often seen as an a priori indicator of a healthy economy. Which is of course retarded. But when people frequently look upon a house as a combination investment/store of wealth, you get ridiculous stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

It's like if you tried your hardest to make it say the opposite of what the data really says :monocle: