Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

WTF is up with these people? 15 Dollars minimum wage is too much, we will replace you.

I would have thrown his rear end in jail. Out of spite.

Yeah the extra-lovely thing is that they obviously would have installed these things regardless of minimum wage, because 1: the computer works for free which is less than any minimum wage and 2: they're more efficient and customers generally prefer them.

So the employees were going to get hosed no matter what, but now the assholes can create a narrative of "well it's really their own fault for demanding enough money to live on without using food stamps."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

RolandTower posted:

Yeah the extra-lovely thing is that they obviously would have installed these things regardless of minimum wage, because 1: the computer works for free which is less than any minimum wage and 2: they're more efficient and customers generally prefer them.

So the employees were going to get hosed no matter what, but now the assholes can create a narrative of "well it's really their own fault for demanding enough money to live on without using food stamps."

:911:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RolandTower posted:

who's going to make the food tho

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

RareAcumen posted:

They're working on that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Assemble it in Mexico, freeze and ship it Stateside. Then heat it up in industrial microwaves and dump on floor in front of customers to eat off the floor like a animal.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Who is going to be buying it when all work is done by unpaid robot slaves? Capitalism kills itself when it finally kills labor

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hate those things. What the gently caress, Mcdonalds?

These things are great. You can focus on the part of the menu you are interested in like just burgers, just sides, just drinks, etc. The print is big enough and close enough that you don't need to squint even as your eyes fail with middle age myopia. And you can stare at it for as long as you want without the pressure of anyone waiting for you to make up your mind. They are fantastic.

Apparently the CEO did it out of spite, but they are the best change to Mcdonalds in years. https://www.forbes.com/sites/realsp...e/#72fc3a1a4fbc

I love these. The Maccers near me even has a setting to let it know which side of the place you're sitting in, and they bring the filth right to your table.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

What the hell was this? And why did it leave me feeling empty and shallow inside?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the only thing i can think of is its made from sand

it evokes that feeling because pizza is good and fun to eat but sand is not good and fun to eat

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

https://twitter.com/RealMrClean/status/340551786496671744

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im telling people McDs is gonna morph into The Nutrient Receiving for Ingestion place. Where the building is just a room filled with tables under food anuses that dispense a nutrient rich paste (it has everything the lower class laborer needs for continued survival (it tastes like chicken nuggets)).

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

RareAcumen posted:

There's a place in Japan that uses repurposed industrial robot arms to cook ramen. In Kansas City there's a restaurant that delivers food to the tables though a system of little trains. The Sketchers North American distribution plant uses robots to load and unload trucks, so you wouldn't need humans to receive shipments of food or even to restock. The only barrier to a fully autonomous restaurant is cost; the arms at the ramen place are $100k each and the place was set up as a publicity stunt by the company that makes them, and the distribution plant was made to ridiculously exact standards at a cost of $250 million so all the machinery will work. Once this stuff gets cheaper I definitely expect to see a few robo restaurants.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

McPhearson posted:

There's a place in Japan that uses repurposed industrial robot arms to cook ramen. In Kansas City there's a restaurant that delivers food to the tables though a system of little trains. The Sketchers North American distribution plant uses robots to load and unload trucks, so you wouldn't need humans to receive shipments of food or even to restock. The only barrier to a fully autonomous restaurant is cost; the arms at the ramen place are $100k each and the place was set up as a publicity stunt by the company that makes them, and the distribution plant was made to ridiculously exact standards at a cost of $250 million so all the machinery will work. Once this stuff gets cheaper I definitely expect to see a few robo restaurants.

I bet even at a robo-restaurant they'll tack on a 15% gratuity.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hihohe posted:

Im telling people McDs is gonna morph into The Nutrient Receiving for Ingestion place. Where the building is just a room filled with tables under food anuses that dispense a nutrient rich paste (it has everything the lower class laborer needs for continued survival (it tastes like chicken nuggets)).

Sounds like a Fatties contest.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Goodpancakes posted:

Who is going to be buying it when all work is done by unpaid robot slaves? Capitalism kills itself when it finally kills labor

Wealth is not absolute, it's relative. And the biggest ratio you can get with rich:poor is to have it anything:zero. That is the capitalism end game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

McPhearson posted:

I really hope we see the return of old-fashioned saboteurs.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Trump should bring back manual weaving jobs.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy Goodbody posted:

Kennel posted:

I expect to see a wave of children named Ned Ludd or some variation.

ed: Ned Ludd would fit right in with all the gender-related bullshit today.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Apr 2, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kennel posted:

He already has:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hihohe posted:

How does all this track with their switching from frozen to fresh beef? Getting mixed messages here

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

McPhearson posted:

Once this stuff gets cheaper I definitely expect to see a few robo restaurants.

We already have the only robot restaurant we'll ever need.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

gbut posted:

Wealth is not absolute, it's relative. And the biggest ratio you can get with rich:poor is to have it anything:zero. That is the capitalism end game.

Is this the "singularity" that I've been hearing about?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The only way we survive late stage capitalism is guaranteed minimum income. America will never accept this and we'll die in the street like dogs. Pretty funny.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Saw this in the store today:

... As opposed to ... what? :confused:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Data Graham posted:

As opposed to 3.99 - the regular price.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Bogan King posted:

As opposed to 3.99 - the regular price.
Or as opposed to inedible grlc pickles?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
If you have to specifically mention that your food is edible, that's a bad sign.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Data Graham posted:

Decorative pickled stuff, I guess?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wait....you're not supposed to eat that stuff?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Inedible foods => capitalism.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

gbut posted:

Inedible foods => capitalism.

I guess I'm the idiot, since I would have eaten the fancy looking jars of pickled things I bought.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

And here we see the before and after of worshipping Chaos gods such as Nurgle

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Hihohe posted:

And here we see the before and after of worshipping Chaos gods such as Nurgle

Swole for the Swole god!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It is the year 2017. Donald Trump is president and shitposting is indistinguishable from fetish art.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Guy Goodbody posted:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

ah heck, sabo-tabby is adorable, you're gettin' more iww propaganda:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

When will kids learn