Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Retcon posted:

I know he's not that great, but I love the idea of axing down people with bunnies in arena too much. Only have one Hinata and that one's going to be fed to Nino later, but I do have multiple Peris for Glimmer and a 4 star Hana for Life and Death 2, so I'm tempted to go full offense. Triangle Adept is nice, but I only have one 4 star Roy, and Nino already has blue units covered anyway.

Moonbow is probably better than Glimmer if you have it available, I just never have enough of that skill to go around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is bunny xander good at all?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

He's the worst of the focus characters, and I wouldn't say he's particularly good. But put Bonfire and Fury (or sliver lance+ and triangle adept) on him and he'll preform decently for you. He's got pretty insane def with reasonable speed and res. He's also adorable and surrounded by all his forest friends so he gets style points.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

Moonbow is probably better than Glimmer if you have it available, I just never have enough of that skill to go around.
I'm almost out of Odins, but thankfully the game started giving me 3 star Pallas instead. Not sure if I want to spend 2000 feathers promoting one, but making Bunny Chrom buff as hell does sound nice.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think he's sort of interesting because "blue cavalry physical tank" is a unique niche. His attack is awful, but if you put Bonfire on him he will be able to kill things eventually.

He is pretty bad in arena because of his low killing power but I could see his HP regen and high defense being useful in tougher PvE content.

E: For one example, he would be perfect for tanking hits from those drat ninjas on Lunatic Ursula

secret volcano lair fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 2, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronnblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?

Quoting because it being the last post of the page probably meant a few people missed it. Thoughts?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I think he's sort of interesting because "blue cavalry physical tank" is a unique niche. His attack is awful, but if you put Bonfire on him he will be able to kill things eventually.

He is pretty bad in arena because of his low killing power but I could see his HP regen and high defense being useful in tougher PvE content.

E: For one example, he would be perfect for tanking hits from those drat ninjas on Lunatic Ursula

I think you can make him arena viable, TA 3 + Quick Riposte 3 lets him bait and kill the vast majority of reds without taking much damage (Raigh and Karel deal 12, Liliana deals 8, a few other magic wielders deal 2). And that's only with his carrot lance and a hone attack.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

True, but I feel like they're going to keep rotating Sharena/Anna/Alfonse as bonus characters for Arena.
Anna's high speed is real nice and her Fury/Desperation/Vengeance teleporting build is a lot of fun.

I think we had a rotation where none of those three were featured. You might be right though, your guess is as good as any!

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Rascyc posted:

I think we had a rotation where none of those three were featured. You might be right though, your guess is as good as any!

I think the second set of bonus heroes (featuring the Family Bonds units) didn't have any of the starters, but all of them since have had one of them.

They seem a pretty safe bet to at least be heavily featured as bonus units, if not always present. I already have a gold Anna, and I'm planning on 5*ing the other two for that reason.

Stephen9001 posted:

How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronnblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?

I wouldn't advise dumping a lot of resources into a BCamilla, but if you did want to go hog wild on her then GronnRaven and Triangle Adept (or Fury) seems the consensus on how to maximize her usefulness. It actually makes her take 10% less damage from bows than an Iote carrier, and makes her great at killing them too, which is a very useful niche if you're running her on a full flier team.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

hit button posted:

I wouldn't advise dumping a lot of resources into a BCamilla, but if you did want to go hog wild on her then GronnRaven and Triangle Adept (or Fury) seems the consensus on how to maximize her usefulness. It actually makes her take 10% less damage from bows than an Iote carrier, and makes her great at killing them too, which is a very useful niche if you're running her on a full flier team.

Fair enough, my line of thinking with Gronblade was that I might be able to make her a flying magic nuke with hone and fortify fliers, much like people praised Ursula when given blarblade and in a hone/fortify cav team.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Fair enough, my line of thinking with Gronblade was that I might be able to make her a flying magic nuke with hone and fortify fliers, much like people praised Ursula when given blarblade and in a hone/fortify cav team.

You could do that, I think the raven build is better if you don't have a full set of flier buffs though.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

And if you do have a full set of flier buffs, you'll need a member of the team who can deal with bows.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I haven't played many FE games but my first unlock gave me 8 four star silver dudes and a guy with a carrot lance

Whats the deal with the star system? Are the bronze ones worth ranking up or just merge fodder for the silvers?

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Flipswitch posted:

I haven't played many FE games but my first unlock gave me 8 four star silver dudes and a guy with a carrot lance

Whats the deal with the star system? Are the bronze ones worth ranking up or just merge fodder for the silvers?

Depends on the 3 star but generally yes. Those some good rolls, goon grats

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

Whether or not a unit is worth promoting is based on a few things:
- Who it is. Some units just aren't fixable.
- What their "nature"/IVs are (the use of the term IV bothers me but it's too locked in). Each unit you pull will have higher-than-average stats and lower-than-average-stats in equal amounts. Some natures are better than others on certain units.
- Whether you want to invest a lot of SP into skill inheritance for them. The lower rarity a unit is, the more work you can put into it easily.

It sounds like you got Bunny Xander in addition to all your four-star units so you had some pretty good luck.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

hit button posted:

And if you do have a full set of flier buffs, you'll need a member of the team who can deal with bows.

Michaelis can do this if you dont want to sac him to give it to another unit. Or you can get a brave cav to do it since you only need 2 flyers to give cam the buffs.

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

On a whim, decided to do a few more pulls on the banner.... Third bunny Lucina.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?

+SPD is her best nature and Gronnblade is her best inherit, as long as your flier emblem includes Hone/Goad/Fortify fliers, otherwise the TA3 raven build is better. Life and Death is the preferable A inherit for blade builds and nothing else is really essential, even Iote's shield or Ward Fliers to round out the flier emblem buffs. Give her reposition or drag back and save the rest of your SP.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

gninjagnome posted:

On a whim, decided to do a few more pulls on the banner.... Third bunny Lucina.

Her A slot skill is so good, I would be more than happy pulling 3 buns

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Keep in mind, I decided to invest in my Bunny Camilla and all the SP from level 1 to level 40 was only enough to get me a Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept 1. It's pricey to rework her. I'll be able to grind enough SP to get her with TA2 and Green Tomebreaker 1 before the new arena at least.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cpaf posted:

+SPD is her best nature and Gronnblade is her best inherit, as long as your flier emblem includes Hone/Goad/Fortify fliers, otherwise the TA3 raven build is better. Life and Death is the preferable A inherit for blade builds and nothing else is really essential, even Iote's shield or Ward Fliers to round out the flier emblem buffs. Give her reposition or drag back and save the rest of your SP.

Camilla's slow enough that she's arguably better off with +ATK to get her one-shots. +SPD allows her to avoid a few doubles, but Nino/Tharja/Linde are going to double her regardless.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Camilla's slow enough that she's arguably better off with +ATK to get her one-shots. +SPD allows her to avoid a few doubles, but Nino/Tharja/Linde are going to double her regardless.

+speed is a good nature for flier emblem, you'll get 36 speed with Hone Fliers up to as much as 46 while attacking with other skills. +Attack is better for the raven builds.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

AweStriker posted:

Whether or not a unit is worth promoting is based on a few things:
- Who it is. Some units just aren't fixable.
- What their "nature"/IVs are (the use of the term IV bothers me but it's too locked in). Each unit you pull will have higher-than-average stats and lower-than-average-stats in equal amounts. Some natures are better than others on certain units.
- Whether you want to invest a lot of SP into skill inheritance for them. The lower rarity a unit is, the more work you can put into it easily.

It sounds like you got Bunny Xander in addition to all your four-star units so you had some pretty good luck.
Thanks for the info, are some characters locked? I've pulled 3 Sully all at 3* for example

My girlfriend accidentally deleted the app so I've restarted and got spring chrom instead but my rolls aren't as good, poop. I did get the pedo bait girl though

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 3, 2017

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's more about doubling a handful of characters she can't on attack with neutral SPD. With Hone/Spur/Fortify on her (which is the entire reason you're using her with Gronnblade) her attack is already stratospheric, while her speed will hover between 35 and 39 depending on her nature, which is a pretty big deal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
All characters can be promoted to higher star ranks in exchange for (lots of) feathers.

If you link your account to a My Nintendo account, it'll survive uninstalls and can be moved to other devices.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks for the info, are some characters locked? I've pulled 3 Sully all at 3* for example

My girlfriend accidentally deleted the app so I've restarted and got spring chrom instead but my rolls aren't as good, poop. I did get the pedo bait girl though

If you look under the "details" button it will tell you what you can pull at each level. Some unit cannot be pulled as a 5*, some unit can only be pulled as 5*s. All units 4* and below can be promoted to the next star level under "advanced growth->unlock potential" once they hit level 20, provided you have the right number of badges or great badges (which you get from the training tower) and feathers (which you get from the arena).

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Got a +atk/-res bunny xander, which, I don't even care that he isn't very good, he is ridiculous therefore I wanted him, and that split seems just fine for him. :toot:

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
3 Ninos. +atk/-hp, +hp/-res, and +res/-atk.

Seems like +atk would be the keeper, but she pretty much kills everything with her buffs anyway.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Any idea what resource equipment is gonna cost? Probably not orbs (dear god I hope not orbs) and I dunno if they'd introduce something new beyond feathers, emblems, and crystals. Emblems probably? I dunno.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Philip Rivers posted:

Any idea what resource equipment is gonna cost? Probably not orbs (dear god I hope not orbs) and I dunno if they'd introduce something new beyond feathers, emblems, and crystals. Emblems probably? I dunno.
Characters that you mulch to inherit the weapon. Why would they deviate from that?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Minus1Minus1 posted:

3 Ninos. +atk/-hp, +hp/-res, and +res/-atk.

Seems like +atk would be the keeper, but she pretty much kills everything with her buffs anyway.

+HP actually has some merit on Nino since she has plenty of firepower anyway. For instance, if you don't have Fury or a DEF buff on her, Hector will just cleanly kill her on the counterattack, and Nino doesn't quite have the firepower to one-shot him. So +HP allows her to survive his counterattack and then down him on the double. -RES isn't a huge deal for her other than maybe the Julia match-up.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Characters that you mulch to inherit the weapon. Why would they deviate from that?

Because we have no idea how equipment even works and they made a point of making it distinct from skills inheritance. Equipment is an entirely new system.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Unless I've missed something there's only been one vague line about anything similar, to the effect of "equippable item that slightly expands hero abilities".

Sounds like it's just a consumable or something. Not a whole lot to go with on that yet.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sounds like I missed some news or a patch note!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Maybe it's unique equipment for heroes, so they can buff heroes via this system.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Flier banners are up. I guess whoever wants Camilla/Minerva can go for them again.

All axes though so good luck.

Pegasus banner don't even have good characters except Subaki for qr.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Wow, look at all these orbs I'm not going to spend on these new banners.

For the gauntlet, none of these characters interest me terribly. I'll back Camilla because she got stonking tatty bojangles, I guess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'll probably back Camilla, not waste any banners and collect 1500 for the first two rounds before shoving them all down her gullet for 3500 feathers in the last round.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I'll probably back Camilla, not waste any banners and collect 1500 for the first two rounds before shoving them all down her gullet for 3500 feathers in the last round.

It's not gonna work that way.

EDIT: Also like half of the focuses on these banners are good units. Hinoka and Cordelia are the best brave lance carriers so far, Cherche has the highest natural attack in the game, and Minerva has a great weapon with solid stats.

akulanization fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah, I miscount. It's 1000+1000+4000.

Unless you're saying Camilla isn't going to win.