Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You really should only be pissing yourself if you're in a spacecraft without a toilet during an unpredicted launch delay. Any other circumstance just seems like an embarrassment of poor planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

Well I agree that Stroll probably won't finish on the podium.

LOL

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
DC talked about peeing while driving before I remember. Said it was nbd cause with all the wind it dried out pretty quick.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

learnincurve posted:

I'd have a magpie on the back of my helmet because people in racing are really superstitious. (In the U.K. If you see a magpie you are supposed to say "Good morning Mr. Magpie. How is your lady wife today?" Because if you don't then it will curse you with bad luck and a death)

Really? Because every time I see a magpie I say "Piss off Collingwood" and keep on walking

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

nsaP posted:

DC talked about peeing while driving before I remember. Said it was nbd cause with all the wind it dried out pretty quick.

Yeah, it was in his autobiography which is a great read just FYI.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Piss drenched Kimi says 'I had to take a piss' on the radio once every race. TV ratings soar.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That Kimi is so wacky. He's something else.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To change the topic from smelly pissy things (F1) to something better, the formula e race yesterday was genuinely good in case anyone didn't know.

As was the opening of the BTCC at Brands Hatch.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

To change the topic from smelly pissy things (F1) to something better, the formula e race yesterday was genuinely good in case anyone didn't know.

Yup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U80-xUMk8AI

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gutierrez really is very poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Gutierrez really is very poo poo.

When you get shitcanned by Sauber because they would literally rather just be cut cheques courtesy of two talentless sponsor havers than actually compete for the money to cut out the middleman, maybe motor racing isn't really your true calling.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Speaking of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWr5ETF92j8

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ostensibly the interesting part of that picture is the "Gina" label. Personally I find it more interesting that Vettel's fraud levels are so high he needs a map to get round a closed circuit.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

This was cool, especially that almost-pass @ ~2min30sec through turn 1.

I also really like that they have to switch to a fully charged car mid race. Seems so decadent - exactly what a F1 fan appreciates.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

Ostensibly the interesting part of that picture is the "Gina" label. Personally I find it more interesting that Vettel's fraud levels are so high he needs a map to get round a closed circuit.

Maps have always been a thing on race cars. If they needed a map on an oval course though...

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The map is so when their engineer goes "double yellows between 11 and 13" they can glance and immediately know where that is, rather than distract themselves counting corners or something.
They all have it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Personally I find it more interesting that Vettel's fraud levels are so high he needs a map to get round a closed circuit.

For my own sanity I'm going to presume that is some kind of attempt at humour. In which case, it's a good job Your Lewis isn't such a fraud.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Theophany posted:

For my own sanity I'm going to presume that is some kind of attempt at humour. In which case, it's a good job Your Lewis isn't such a fraud.

Imagine how upset I am that my attempts at humor don't resonate with someone with as sharp a wit as yours.

Theophany posted:

Also, Poois Shamilton should not be a bannable offence. It's way more creative than anything the pituitary retards at rivals.com could come up with.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Imagine how upset I am that my attempts at humor don't resonate with someone with as sharp a wit as yours.

It's hilarious how tetchy you are about anybody mocking Lewis Hamilton.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's fine, he'll soon be feeling the crushing reality of Brexit anyway.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Is there like a mental health subforum where we can find a psychologist goon to come in and explain why all the Lewis fans are hosed in the head?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

For gently caress sakes. You don't need to defend Lewis Hamilton you idiots.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Who exactly was defending Hamilton? I made a joke about Vettel and then shot back at someone trying to give out comedy tips on the same page that they claimed a rivals.com pun was funny.

Then the three musketeers team of Norn, 1500 and theophany gallops in to save the thread because they haven't talked about Lewis and how much they hate him for 15 minutes are starting to get the shakes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lmbo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Didn't you guys know that Lewis Hamilton would have won the 2016 wdc if his car didn't break.

Also he doesn't need to train or use the simulator. He also is a tactical genius and wasn't at all responsible for the pit stop that lost him Melbourne.

Lewis Hamilton is loving great you guys!

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

Then the three musketeers team of Norn, 1500 and theophany gallops in to save the thread because they haven't talked about Lewis and how much they hate him for 15 minutes are starting to get the shakes.

:lol:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

Is there like a mental health subforum where we can find a psychologist goon to come in and explain why all the Lewis fans are hosed in the head?

Its because of autism
:smug:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like the Home Depot phillips head wood screws holding the mirror in

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Emoji steering wheels is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard suggested for racing, and it didn't even come out of this thread. I'm shocked and appalled.

Stroll seems like a complete tool, but I guess growing up a billionaire isn't great for teaching you humility.

1500quidporsche posted:

"Paging Dr. E/N... Dr. E/N to the worst thread please..."

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Ok, no, I can't abide by sub-cliques in an already clique thread. You guys need to disband with immediate effect.

This thread has always been a free-for-all and it needs to be maintained as such or else this entire house of cards will crumble.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The image of three guys riding in on horseback screaming "gently caress Lewis Hamilton" has me laughing a lot tho

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I love how you have to be an autistic Lewis Hamilton fan to think he would have won the WDC again if his car didn't break good poo poo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress you my favorite driver is dead :(

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

NtotheTC posted:

loving lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

Speaking of people who deserve better, Fernando The Great is stuck in the worst car and Kelly Piquet is stuck with Bad Luck Daniil Blyat. She deserves at least a Grosjean if not an Alonso.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
If Kvyat can score a Piquet then there's hope for all goons out there yet.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Just caught up with everyones favourite race series: I do believe you know im talking about Formula-E and what a great race that was. Vergnes radio tears were delicious.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah but D'Ambrosio was causing such a backup behind him there, we must do something to encourage overtaking in this sport. Perhaps a Drag Reduction System?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

If Kvyat can score a Piquet then there's hope for all goons out there yet.

please do not disparage Daniil's chiseled features

• Locked thread