Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

KoRMaK posted:

McDonald's corp already tweeted at them

I doubt McDonalds' social media division has a lot of say in their menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KoRMaK posted:

If they actually brought back that sauce because Rick and Morty brought it up there would be a deluge of articles about it. Tweeting is just #brand #engagement

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pavlov posted:

How much yall want to bet McDonalds will eventually offer a rick and morty themed szechwan sauce?

Arist posted:

Also I doubt McDonalds wants to deal with people being aware of a connection between them and Rick and loving Morty.

That's not how marketing works in 2017 guys.

Did you miss where in the last thread some goon already posted Dan Harmon re-tweeting McDonalds and McDonalds re-tweeting him back making jokes about such a collaboration?

I mean it doesn't mean its gonna happen but clearly they don't give a gently caress about 'a connection'.

KoRMaK posted:

E:FB

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tweets mean nothing.

It's loving amazing that we're already having a dumb fight about the Mulan sauce, this thread owns

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

You're the one fighting tho - you're saying it for sure ain't happening when currently the outlook is a preliminary deniro shoulder shrugging squint faced maybe

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

E-flat posted:

Man I still can't spot Evil Morty.

I couldn't find him either.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Did y'all notice the Rick-who-is-a-Morty at the Citadel? I'm loving the easter eggs in the rewatch!

Or this. Is there a site that shows all these little things?

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
This was dumb, more episodic nonsense while none of the interesting questions are answered.

I mean, *how* did Jerry get so many promotions in a day? His success in an alien bureaucracy can't be explained just by being handsome; but as usual, we just get these interesting arcs dangled with no resolution. Maybe episode 2 will be a parallel that covers more of Jerry's work experience, but I'm starting to lose faith in the writers. :mad:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Gumbercules posted:

This was dumb, more episodic nonsense while none of the interesting questions are answered.

I mean, *how* did Jerry get so many promotions in a day? His success in an alien bureaucracy can't be explained just by being handsome; but as usual, we just get these interesting arcs dangled with no resolution. Maybe episode 2 will be a parallel that covers more of Jerry's work experience, but I'm starting to lose faith in the writers. :mad:

MAke this the op, thread title and every post in this thread

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

E-flat posted:

Man I still can't spot Evil Morty.

But I definitely think you're spot on. The show's creators seem to be trying very hard to not create continuity but they really have with the characters' development. Can't forget the purge episode when Morty just flips the gently caress out and Rick lies to assuage him afterwards as another example of a moment where we can clearly see Morty's character development.

Morty fulling intending to kill Rick--I can't recall if he's ever done that before--I feel is/will be like a defining character moment like Rick failing to commit suicide only out of his own drunkenness.

Evil Morty is blink and you miss him--crossing a courtyard, you only see the top part of his head from behind a wrecked console thing.

But its him. Oh yes. It's him.

edit:

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 3, 2017

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002
Dinosaur Gum

Arven posted:

My wife just pointed out that the "real" Rick (and any body he is inhabiting) is the only one that drools. I love the attention to detail in this show.

So does the "real" Morty have a tell? Surely an alternate Morty has made the slack-jawed w-shaped Ren face by now.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

OAquinas posted:

Evil Morty is blink and you miss him--crossing a courtyard, you only see the top part of his head from behind a wrecked console thing.

edit:

On the right? That looks a bit more like a cardboard display sign for Action Morty toys

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

OAquinas posted:

edit:

Umm, that really looks like its just a promotional sign for the console itself, which has some sort of Morty-related purpose.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I sincerely hope the second episode is just about Jerry living on his own.
Twist end: the roommate in his new apartment is Phoenixperson

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

He should move in with Mr. Poopy Butthole. I mean, Beth hurt him too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So rick hates jerry because hes just like him and he thinkes jerry killed his wife? What if evil morty killed his grandmother instead?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

I sincerely hope the second episode is just about Jerry living on his own.
Twist end: the roommate in his new apartment is Phoenixperson

Jerries Going Their Own Way

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arist posted:

Also I doubt McDonalds wants to deal with people being aware of a connection between them and Rick and loving Morty.

Why not? Rick and Morty is pretty hot right now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

McDonalds isn't even the powerhouse it once was they love this attention.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Twitter conversations are like sex friends without benefits. It sounds like there should be some sort of relationship there, but there really isn't one.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Copied from a Skype chat:

I think it's critical to understand how the OG Beth/Summer/Jerry scene ties in with the ending. You know how Rick eliminated Jerry (and the government) to become the only patriarch in Morty's life? In the OG earth, we see a world without the (human) government... and without Rick. So Jerry is, in fact, the only patriarch, and he's not, in fact, ill-suited for that role. He's a horrible, loathsome, Gaston-ish person, probably, but he's not weak and pathetic in the way we're used to him being. In fact, Jerry's weak patheticness this whole time has not been an inherent facet of his character, but a result of Rick's presence undermining him and making him insecure. I'm pretty sure this is the intent and not just something I'm making up.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

The Human Crouton posted:

I just realized that Rick didn't have to take a poo poo constantly, but that every body he took over had to take a poo poo just when he happened into them. Makes you think.
Or perhaps the souls of the bodies' original occupants were trying to escape, and they were leaving via the rear end in a top hat... The movie Bubba Ho-Tep taught me that this is how souls work.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I can't imagine that there isn't an emergency meeting of mcdonalds shareholders trying to figure out the Szechuan problem. Provided they can make the financial part of it add up, come September they'll be courting the hell out of people they normally don't get in the restaurants to try the chicken sauce. And officially, if asked about the connection to Rick and Morty, they'll say the show had no direct influence over their decision to return the sauce, but rather reaction from guests and customers over social media requesting the return of the sauce. It'll be the hot new thing for 2 months, and gone forever from once it came.

Oh, uh, yeah poor hammer Morty. What a way to go.

2 cents on Beth, her whole deal with Jerry vs. Rick seemed to come from the Dan Harmon part of the project. Not to say that it's only by the touch of the almighty lord Dan, but the feeling is that there is a lot of Dan and Justin that lives in the show. And they haven't shied away from the idea that the weird fleshy bits and the 'Wubba Lubba Dub Dub' part of the show comes from Justin, and the emotional brokenness and the throwaway commenting upon itself comes from Dan. And saying that, Beth's actions seemed to come from that 'Dan' part of the show, and a kind of catchphrase of his is 'Self-Destruct'. Now as dysfunctional Beth and Jerry are, there was a theme through a number of episodes that they were together for a reason. And yet the breaking point wasn't the reconciliation that they couldn't work together. It was Rick, and Beth's inability to let him go on her terms. Point getting at, I think this is the start of Beth's self destruction.

Not that I can guess a roadmap of where it will go, or what it will lead to. There will always have to be Rick and Morty, and Morty will have to have Beth in his life, unless they end up developing past the point where Morty will have to rely on her. But if the show continues on it's path where characters will always return to where they began, as long as Morty is there he will always have to have Rick and Beth in his life at the same time. So it will be hard to have that natural conclusion where Beth finally resolves that she needs to say goodbye to Rick for her own benefit. Which I guess will be more fuel for the unresolved theme of the show, 'Everyone would be better of with Rick out of their lives', an impossibility as with Rick out of everyone's lives there would be no show.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

21 Muns posted:

I think it's critical to understand how the OG Beth/Summer/Jerry scene ties in with the ending. You know how Rick eliminated Jerry (and the government) to become the only patriarch in Morty's life? In the OG earth, we see a world without the (human) government... and without Rick. So Jerry is, in fact, the only patriarch, and he's not, in fact, ill-suited for that role. He's a horrible, loathsome, Gaston-ish person, probably, but he's not weak and pathetic in the way we're used to him being. In fact, Jerry's weak patheticness this whole time has not been an inherent facet of his character, but a result of Rick's presence undermining him and making him insecure. I'm pretty sure this is the intent and not just something I'm making up.

This is a pretty insightful post and I'd wager you're not far off the mark. I gotta go take a poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

21 Muns posted:

It also explains why Jerry was so adamant about putting his foot down when Rick returns. He'd already gotten a taste of what his life could be like without Rick, and he wanted that.

I buy it.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Now as dysfunctional Beth and Jerry are, there was a theme through a number of episodes that they were together for a reason. And yet the breaking point wasn't the reconciliation that they couldn't work together. It was Rick, and Beth's inability to let him go on her terms. Point getting at, I think this is the start of Beth's self destruction.

Its definitely going somewhere. They did make a big deal out of how they belonged together in some really touching moments, and so their divorce doesn't seem like it can go unresolved.

But... it wouldn't be Rick & Morty to just have a happy ending where Rick and Jerry put aside their differences for Beth. Right?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Apr 3, 2017

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Zaphod42 posted:

But... it wouldn't be Rick & Morty to just have a happy ending where Rick and Jerry put aside their differences for Beth. Right?
Well, that would absolutely be something that this show would do... And then immediately destroy in the darkest, most cynical way possible. Just because.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
great episode, would've been a very good series finale. this show has been inconsistent from the start and seems like it's going to go forever, they probably should've just kept it short and sweet.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Technically the end of season 2 was that happy ending. Rick sacrificed himself for the family, Jerry got the life he always dreamed of... and everyone else was miserable and hosed the whole multiverse up because of their codependence.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Robot Hobo posted:

Well, that would absolutely be something that this show would do... And then immediately destroy in the darkest, most cynical way possible. Just because.

The brilliance of Harmon has always allowed for a grimdark timeline. It's just a matter of time until it becomes reality... :black101:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
What happened to the scene where Rick's consciousness was trapped in a pickle and he fashioned robot arms for himself and fought rats? They released that incomplete footage over a year ago, I thought it was going to be a part of what he was going through in space prison.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

bbf2 posted:

What happened to the scene where Rick's consciousness was trapped in a pickle and he fashioned robot arms for himself and fought rats? They released that incomplete footage over a year ago, I thought it was going to be a part of what he was going through in space prison.

That's the kinda thing that could happen in literally every episode of this kinda show :cheeky:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I can't imagine that there isn't an emergency meeting of mcdonalds shareholders trying to figure out the Szechuan problem. Provided they can make the financial part of it add up, come September they'll be courting the hell out of people they normally don't get in the restaurants to try the chicken sauce. And officially, if asked about the connection to Rick and Morty, they'll say the show had no direct influence over their decision to return the sauce, but rather reaction from guests and customers over social media requesting the return of the sauce. It'll be the hot new thing for 2 months, and gone forever from once it came.how, 'Everyone would be better of with Rick out of their lives', an impossibility as with Rick out of everyone's lives there would be no show.

Disney has announced they'll be making a live action version of Mulan sometime soon and they'll be looking for corporate tie-ins ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
The line about the mannequin leg was loving gold.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

glad y'all liked the episode. please enjoy these drawings and 3D models I made that are a small contribution to the herculean effort it takes to make 22 minutes of animation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nice work! Love the portal gun prototype.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah the early portal gun looked especially awesome.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

About that explosion: the bugs really didn't do their homework since it had Beth blown to itty bitty pieces.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the models and art are really cool, thanks for sharing them :)

also i just realized watching the episode a second time that rick says he lost his ability to improv because he left his years of improv lessons, among other things, in his old brain. somehow i completely missed that the first time and it cracked me up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cardboard Box posted:

also i just realized watching the episode a second time that rick says he lost his ability to improv because he left his years of improv lessons, among other things, in his old brain. somehow i completely missed that the first time and it cracked me up.

That's also why he keeps ducking out of situations using the same excuse of "I'm going to go take a poo poo," he can't improvise a different excuse.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gumbercules posted:

"Jerry" turned in Rick, the most wanted person in the universe, that is why he gets constant promotions without even knowing what he does, I thought that bit was a bit obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm just gonna come out and ask the question everyone is thinking.

How good was that loving sauce? was it just renamed sweet and sour sauce or something or what, I need to know.