Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Wilson hosed up and I hate him but lol at John Carlson, the team's supposed #1 D, also getting burned. He and Alzner are just complete garbage these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, at least Jack Johnson Sportgame worked tonight:

https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/848690491529076736

greeaaassssssy :stare:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NHLBlinn/status/848718316504068097

Yoink

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God good riddance to this trash season. Bury AMac and Manning and give a couple of the young D some starts in the last 3 meaningless games.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The first round Habs/Rags series is going to feature some ridiculously insane goaltending and two very good-to-great goaltenders who will never win the cup.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Caps/CBJ had a couple highlight reel goals. JMFJ's, the one where Kuznetsov had like 16 square inches in which to get the puck past Bob high glove side and somehow buried it.

Also, Kyle Quincey scored his second goal in four games.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Mind_Taker posted:

Wilson hosed up and I hate him but lol at John Carlson, the team's supposed #1 D, also getting burned. He and Alzner are just complete garbage these days.

Carlson has under performed for sure, but loving Alzner, it would not surprise me to find out he's hurt again (or still suffering lingering after effects from his surgery), but refuses to take a day off because of his dumb streak. I'd love to see Schmidt get some time over Alzner and Orpik, but Trotz will never do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

if the flames go 4-0-0, the oilers and ducks 1-1-2 and the sharks 2-1-0, we get a 4 way tie in the pacific at 100 points.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I bought a Rangers mini 10 game plan and this was the first game I saw them win since December, but god drat did they ever try to throw that one away.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
For anyone that is interested in ref stats, see this site: http://scoutingtherefs.com/2017/04/18540/tonights-nhl-referees-linesmen-4217/

Tim peel has one of the league's lowest PIMs per game but one of the highest goals per game.

I used to ref with Garrett Rank and Devorski's son from time to time.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Powershift posted:

if the flames go 4-0-0, the oilers and ducks 1-1-2 and the sharks 2-1-0, we get a 4 way tie in the pacific at 100 points.

Make it happen!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Gunjin posted:

Carlson has under performed for sure, but loving Alzner, it would not surprise me to find out he's hurt again (or still suffering lingering after effects from his surgery), but refuses to take a day off because of his dumb streak. I'd love to see Schmidt get some time over Alzner and Orpik, but Trotz will never do it.

I think he's still injured too and I agree Schmidt should probably replace him. Alzner's saving grace is that he doesn't ever make the soul crushing mistake (and probably why Trotz keeps him in) but man he just bleeds the team to death. I mean he's a fine enough PKer and I guess he is ok at very late lead-protecting situations but honestly so is the entire Capitals blue line including Orpik.

Some team is going to be really disappointed when they sign Alzner and realize he's Kris Russell.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Rip hawks

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mind_Taker posted:

Some team is going to be really disappointed when they sign Alzner and realize he's Kris Russell.

I don't know, Oilers signed the Kris Russell and they haven't been disappointed with him. :v:

Oh god Chiarelli please don't re-sign Russell

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

Make it happen!

The flames already blew it, and are now officially out of contention for #1 in the pacific.

Good job, flames.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, at least Jack Johnson Sportgame worked tonight:

https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/848690491529076736

One thing to say:

:shlick:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Kilza posted:

I don't know, Oilers signed the Kris Russell and they haven't been disappointed with him. :v:

Oh god Chiarelli please don't re-sign Russell

Luckily they are hosed on cap room so unless they traded nuge or eberlle for peanuts.... Oh poo poo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kings were finally officially eliminated tonight. Now only the East playoff teams remain to be decided

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Poor Iggy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
If Iginla wanted to win the Cup so bad he'd had have told Bylsma to quit playing him on his off loving wing

Anyway what's the deal with Joe Thornton

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

If Iginla wanted to win the Cup so bad he'd had have told Bylsma to quit playing him on his off loving wing

he old

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ElwoodCuse posted:

His knee bent the wrong way

https://twitter.com/KKurzNBCS/status/848682994965532673

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Imagine having your career ended by the loving canucks.

Speaking of canucks and the end of careers, If you combine the Sedins, they have as many goals as Mcdavid but 10 fewer points.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 3, 2017

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Rip hawks

yeah, they are probably not going to win the president's trophy. rip indeed.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Gunjin posted:

Hockeyviz has a new chart that is really interesting in this case. It shows who the coach has on the ice in different situations. It doesn't say anything at all about how the players perform in those situations, just who is playing in different circumstances

Trotz puts Alzner out in the most critical defensive situations more than any other player. If losing points are on the line, he goes to Alzner, which makes every mistake he makes seem that much bigger because the impact of the mistake is bigger. I agree that he is clearly not playing at teh same level as he was last year, but I think it's easy to be extra hard on him because Trotz is playing him in the highest pressure situations.

e: Also, the chart displays the trust Trotz has in ol' Tom Wilson in defensive circumstances, which I think is borne out in his play. We are super hard on Wilson because of the dumb meathead things he does, but he's developed into a pretty good defensive forward.

glynnenstein fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 3, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson signed with the Bruins which is cool but not really as exciting as when McAvoy signed. I also don't think he's good enough to be a regular roster player, but we'll see I guess.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The pre-season prediction thread is archived now, but I gotta say I really nailed this one:

quote:

5. Colorado (WC) - With a new coach and a bit more structure, they come out of a tight pack fighting for the 2nd WC spot

and this one

quote:

8. Columbus - Haha Torts, oh man. Thanks for the pick Jarmo!

:smug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/848737228524318720

Ovie left his feet and it was at least the fourth big hit the Dispatch guys counted on Werenski (Wilson x2, Kuznetzov), but it may not warrant anything additional.

ThinkTank posted:

The pre-season prediction thread is archived now, but I gotta say I really nailed this one:

and this one

I considered putting the CBJ as high as 4th in the prediction thread but even I didn't believe it was likely. I also thought about Torts as the Jack Adams to be a smartass. Oops.

Did get Sam Gagner as the East's bounceback player, though. He'd have to be in the running.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
vancouver i'd really appreciate it if you'd win some loving hockey games to give the devils some breathing room

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ThinkTank posted:

and this one

Do you have the archives link? I'm pretty sure my predictions sucked too.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I wish Ovechkin had killed Dubi instead because I'm sure tomorrow is gonna be another poo poo fest

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/848737228524318720

Ovie left his feet and it was at least the fourth big hit the Dispatch guys counted on Werenski (Wilson x2, Kuznetzov), but it may not warrant anything additional.

Momentum caused him to leave his skates. Good hockey play!

Or give him some pre-playoffs rest with a suspension, w/e

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/848891611643731968

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 3, 2017

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I found out I'm too bad at video editing software to put Haddaway audio onto this last night, but I did try.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

vancouver i'd really appreciate it if you'd win some loving hockey games to give the devils some breathing room

Oh don't worry, they're going to win 3 of their last 4 and managament will go on about how this is "the youth taking a step forward," "fostering a winning environment" and how they "have momentum going into next year" before they pick 8th.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Do you have the archives link? I'm pretty sure my predictions sucked too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792838&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

My favorite part is the reminder that less than 6 months ago we all believed Carey Price getting injured again was the only long-shot way Therrien was getting fired.

Turns out we were wrong. He just had to have a solid month and a half of sub-.900 goaltending.

:tinfoil: He went from something stupid like averaging .949 to .898 and I think in March (after Therrien's dismissal) he was back at .949-ish numbers.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I'd resolved in September to give just as many fucks about the Sens as the owner did, and if this train wreck keeps on keepin' on you won't even have to deal with playoff posting from me.

Meh who am I kidding LET'S GO CAPS

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How the hell have the Caps only had 42 man-games lost to injury all season? That's insane.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

How the hell have the Caps only had 42 man-games lost to injury all season? That's insane.

Saving it all for the playoffs, duh.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

ThinkTank posted:

Oh don't worry, they're going to win 3 of their last 4 and managament will go on about how this is "the youth taking a step forward," "fostering a winning environment" and how they "have momentum going into next year" before they pick 8th.

Someone's gotta win that Vancouver/Phoenix tilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Well I was wrong about basically everything.

• Locked thread