Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
"Governed by Contagions" is almost like fanfiction in its abundance of ATDIness and I loving love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I already love everything about this album. The two songs so far have been awesome.

The only real choice here is which band shirt bundle do I want. I'm leaning towards the black one rn.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Presale up

atdi is the code

http://www.atthedriveinmusic.com/tour/

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Pre-sale for Chicago is today and after fees tickets are loving $60 lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That doesn't seem so bad?

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
No stops in the PNW? :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

angrygodofjebus posted:

It was $50 for the Riv show last year and I'm pretty satisfied having just done that one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

angrygodofjebus posted:

I got tickets to their New Orleans date at the end of this month and the ticket was $40 after fees, which I wasn't at all upset about because I get to see At the loving Drive In.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was $50 for the Riv show last year and I'm pretty satisfied having just done that one.

Yeah and the Riv is a much better venue too. That was a killer show.

$40 is totally normal, $60 just seems over the top.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the ticket was $40 after fees, which I wasn't at all upset about because I get to see At the loving Drive In.

Do you though? It's a possibility. It's also very possible they won't feel like playing that night. Fool me once ATDI...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Decades posted:

Do you though? It's a possibility. It's also very possible they won't feel like playing that night. Fool me once ATDI...
I managed to see Death Grips live in 2015 so anything's possible :haw:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Picked up 2 tickets for ATL - I cannot loving wait.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Anyone actually get to see them yet. At the Drive In is one of my favorites.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

REALTHEWILL posted:

Anyone actually get to see them yet. At the Drive In is one of my favorites.

Last spring:

Henchman of Santa posted:

I would give the setlist an A (would've been nice to have one song from Acrobatic Tenement, but I get why they wouldn't go there) and the performance a B/B+. A lot of my issues were probably venue-related. I sacrificed sightlines and sound quality to be up close where I thought all the energy was gonna be. Should've hung back like I did with Refused on their reunion tour in 2012.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Same:

angrygodofjebus posted:

The setlist was loving great. The sound was rough for the first little bit, but after that it was pretty fantastic. Invalid Litter Department and Napolean Solo, my goodness. Definitely a show worth seeing, even without Ward.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It was good when I saw them in June. The only slightly weird thing was them going full-tilt wearing their new logo as armbands in all black outfits. I'm willing to chalk it up to some sort of Nation of Ulysses type gimmick. They sounded good! A lot of people wearing their old castro hats in the crowd, it was fun.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

Got my ticket for the Denver show. P amped about it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw them in New Orleans tonight. Front row. It loving ruled. Setlist was the stuff dreams are made of, and I got one at the end!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Saw them in ATL - glad I finally got to see ATDI live.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Saw them in DC and they were great - though Omar seemed either bored out of his mind or pissed. Has he been particularly animated this tour, or is that just how he is in general?

Also, make sure you show up for Les Bucharettes - now I want to see any show involving Teri Gender Bender

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

SgtScruffy posted:

Saw them in DC and they were great - though Omar seemed either bored out of his mind or pissed. Has he been particularly animated this tour, or is that just how he is in general?

Also, make sure you show up for Les Bucharettes - now I want to see any show involving Teri Gender Bender

How were the vocals? I've always wondered if they sound as bad at the venue as they do in cell phone videos... I haven't seen Cedric sing live since 2008 or so but he was pretty excellent back then.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

skeemon posted:

How were the vocals? I've always wondered if they sound as bad at the venue as they do in cell phone videos... I haven't seen Cedric sing live since 2008 or so but he was pretty excellent back then.

he was good but clearly not in his 20's anymore lol

he still whips the microphone around every 30 seconds or so

SgtScruffy posted:

Omar seemed either bored out of his mind or pissed.

:agreed: everyone seemed pretty mad, the new guitar guy looked super mad when he threw his customary pick at the end too

crosspost from the dc thread but:

lol @ halfway through the show cedric pointed to a vent on the ceiling and said "I feel a cold breeze, turn that off. If you all have to be hot, we're going to be hot"

except he hosed up and said "If we're going to be hot, you all have to be hot" which didn't go over well LOL

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

skeemon posted:

I thought they sounded great - he definitely had some moments where he would either be out of breath or not quite able to hit the notes, but I never felt like it was painful

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Saw them in New Orleans tonight. Front row. It loving ruled. Setlist was the stuff dreams are made of, and I got one at the end!

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I just got unbelievably hyped for tonight.

EDIT: Ok this is 2 days late but that was pretty awesome. There was too much drat noodling during Invalid Litter Dept and Quarantine, but I don't even care because the rest of the set was so good. Also it seems like Cedric saves up all of the screaming for One Armed Scissor and it's worth it.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 24, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
"Hostage Stamps"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Thanks for sharing. Probably my least favorite of the new songs, but hey, new ATDI

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Thanks for sharing. Probably my least favorite of the new songs, but hey, new ATDI
:same:

It's still on track to be the album I listen to the most this year. Hell, I didn't care much for Incurably Innocent when that came out but I've completely come around on that one.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Just giving it a first listen now, but the new album leaked.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:eyepop:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy gently caress that first track sets the tone real well.

Banger of an album so far, Incurably Innocent and Governed were great singles to choose IMO.

e: I've been hyped for a long-rear end time since the local metal station's been playing the 3 singles at least a few times a day every day since they were released.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The latest 3rd single they had dropped really grew on me, just like be first two. Didn't like it at first

-edit hella digging it so far

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 3, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy New At The Drive-In Eve!

New song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXSzxXW-Cqg

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

It's definitely an ATDI album. I like it a decent amount and would totally dig hearing some of these tracks live in a month.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm enjoying it, but still a bit unimpressed. Think it just has to grow on me like the singles did, those were all amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

3 tracks in and this is pretty loving great so far. Those vocals on Continuum, holy hell

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

One month to go for the tour / well at least the stop in MN I'm driving down for!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
This is everything I ever wanted in a new ATDI album. It's a little bit slower than RoC but I think it fits.

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

I was really expecting to be disappointed. And I am. But way less than I thought I'd be

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I really believe that a lot of the disappointment people may be feeling is due to age. I'm 31 and if this album had come out in 2001 after RoC it would have blown my goddamn mind as a teenager.

I'm not saying people are wrong to be disappointed, or that other criticisms of the album may or may not be valid, I just think it's been 17 years since these guys were relevant, and that's a whole lot of personal growth and changes in musical taste in the interim. I honestly wonder if they could have released anything that people would say lived up to their expectations, just because of the amount of time that's passed. But I think it really captures their energy; Omar's clearly worked out what's ATDI guitar work and what's TMV/ORLG guitar work. I was worried about Cedric's voice but he's clearly capable of hitting all the notes he used to - the harmony with himself in the chorus of No Wolf is top-notch.

I feel like some kind of poser saying this, but the more I listen to this the more I think I might like it more than RoC :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Kelp Me! posted:

I really believe that a lot of the disappointment people may be feeling is due to age. I'm 31 and if this album had come out in 2001 after RoC it would have blown my goddamn mind as a teenager.

I'm not saying people are wrong to be disappointed, or that other criticisms of the album may or may not be valid, I just think it's been 17 years since these guys were relevant, and that's a whole lot of personal growth and changes in musical taste in the interim. I honestly wonder if they could have released anything that people would say lived up to their expectations, just because of the amount of time that's passed. But I think it really captures their energy; Omar's clearly worked out what's ATDI guitar work and what's TMV/ORLG guitar work. I was worried about Cedric's voice but he's clearly capable of hitting all the notes he used to - the harmony with himself in the chorus of No Wolf is top-notch.

I feel like some kind of poser saying this, but the more I listen to this the more I think I might like it more than RoC :sweatdrop:

I find it disappointing because when I go back to the old stuff, it still manages to surprise me with unexpected twists and turns going on (partly because I haven't listened to a lot of it since the early 2000s). This album doesn't really do anything surprising or unexpected or left-field, it just kinda sounds like an interpretation of someone's vague description of what ATDI should sound like.

• Locked thread