Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It shows that the trend lines are correlated, but that was pretty loving obvious already.

"George W. Bush’s recession hurt everyone? :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Oh god. I didn't see the second y-axis for the longest time.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I might give it too much leeway, but since it's slide 53/60, there's at least reasonable chance that it's a decent graph in the context of the lecture.

But yeah, pretty drat hilarious out of context.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mama mia. :gonk:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Brookings is legit, and left leaning if anything, so there's probably a reason they did it that way.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Sure, demonstrates relative change. Nothing wrong with that.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Strudel Man posted:

Sure, demonstrates relative change. Nothing wrong with that.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

:drat:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

That better be a negative log scale there on the right, is all I can say.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

:perfect:

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
google should know better

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Tree Goat posted:

"rightsizing" hahahahahahahahahahaha fuckers

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tree Goat posted:

:psyduck: A pie chart that adds up to 120%, whose slices don't even come close to corresponding with the given numbers, and which adds a totally undefined height factor. Even by bad graph standards, this one is impressive. Where on Earth did you find it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Powered Descent posted:

:psyduck: A pie chart that adds up to 120%, whose slices don't even come close to corresponding with the given numbers, and which adds a totally undefined height factor. Even by bad graph standards, this one is impressive. Where on Earth did you find it?

https://cloud.google.com/pricing/

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Powered Descent posted:

Even if you allow the 60% "saving" to be 40% "actual," which I think is what they were going for, how the gently caress do you explain the two 2X% being so wildly different?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Powered Descent posted:

The savings from "sustained use discounts" (24%) plus the savings from "list price differences" (21%) plus the savings from "rightsizing recommendations" (15%) adds up to 60% savings. Each smaller pie slice is, I think, the correct proportion of 60%. (I haven't actually measured it, obviously.)

It's still a terrible graph, but I can at least see the thought process.

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 02:52 on Apr 3, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Besesoth posted:

The savings from "sustained use discounts" (24%) plus the savings from "list price differences" (21%) plus the savings from "rightsizing recommendations" (15%) adds up to 60% savings. Each smaller pie slice is, I think, the correct proportion of 60%. (I haven't actually measured it, obviously.)

Making it :ducksiren: THREE DIMENSIONAL :ducksiren: makes it kind of a pain to measure or estimate angles.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Platystemon posted:

Making it :ducksiren: THREE DIMENSIONAL :ducksiren: makes it kind of a pain to measure or estimate angles.
Its the cloud, the angles can be as big or as small as you need.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Black incomes are about 3/5th's of white incomes, graph checks out.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Besesoth posted:

:wtc:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Christ the Brookings graph is evil and the Google one is just :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/EveForster/status/848358238596812800

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Not bad but it is funny

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/848970086362877952

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Not surprised that teenagers find something named after Wall Street lame. I'm kind of surprised about Vice, though. Is there something else called Vice other then the media company that might be messing with the data?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Pakled posted:

Not surprised that teenagers find something named after Wall Street lame. I'm kind of surprised about Vice, though. Is there something else called Vice other then the media company that might be messing with the data?
They are probably familiar with it cause of that pewdiepie poo poo. Like they don't even hate it because it's "Wall Street" or because it's Murdoch's rag, but because it was mean to their favorite racist game shouty man.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pakled posted:

Sins? Tools? Cops? Fictional cities?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

Sins? Tools? Cops? Fictional cities?

Notice it also ranked lowish for awareness. "Isn't that some news company? Boooooring."

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can't figure out what the colors mean at all. It looks like Starbucks, Spotify, and Xbox are all the same color. Legos, ESPN, and Costco are the same. I can't really figure out the connection here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can't figure out what the colors mean at all. It looks like Starbucks, Spotify, and Xbox are all the same color. Legos, ESPN, and Costco are the same. I can't really figure out the connection here.

It’s the dominant colour of their logos.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s the dominant colour of their logos.

Wow, you're right. It belongs in this thread for that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea I see it now, thanks. Doesn't make any sense though, might as well have grouped them by some metric, like news, entertainment, food, etc., but I guess that's why it's in this thread.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

When and how did Oreos get so cool?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

greazeball posted:

When and how did Oreos get so cool?

Have you ever had an Oreo? They're good.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Pakled posted:

Have you ever had an Oreo? They're good.

When I first finally tried an Oreo it tasted like the cheap store brand version of what I thought an Oreo would taste like.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

:psyduck:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pakled posted:

It's probably it's owner being a woke jackass on Twitter

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I assumed it's because Vice is the ultimate "edgy try hard" and teenagers see right through that poo poo.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That's I-love-engaging-with-brands.png right there.

gently caress the 21st century and everything about it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Wait until those kids are old enough to recognize how cool Costco really is

feller
Jul 5, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I assumed it's because Vice is the ultimate "edgy try hard" and teenagers see right through that poo poo.

they really don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The chart disagrees with you, friend